InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She is Me ❯ She is Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

TITLE: She is me...
GENRE: Angst
PAIRING: Kikyo
RATING: G
WORD COUNT: 191
SUMMARY: It was really odd to write for Kikyo (sorry, not a big
fan) but I was watching my DVDs one night and just thought 'Man how bad that sucks, to be compared to someone all the time, much less someone you don't particularly care for.' I think I kinda identified (I was always compared against others growing up).
-Next time I think I'll have to do Kagome's side.



She is me…

Ha, what a comparison! It makes me laugh; the ignorance that seems a trademark of these mortals always does.

Its very absurdity is what makes it so humorous, yet it is this absurdity that makes me writhe and seethe with anger and hatred.

She is me, is that so? Where was my carefree teen years? Where was my faithful group of friends who stood by me no matter what…

Where was my picnic in the sun, surrounded by those who love me? Love; where is my First now, not by my side but by hers.

Where… was my choice? Why didn't I obtain my freedom until after death? Why does it seem that I didn't know my own soul until I shared it with her?!

She's exercised her right to choose since she stepped foot here, and she's chosen to stay by him. Perhaps it is this that makes that wench so intolerable…

How can there be any comparison between her and I, when she has all I've ever wanted.

She is what I never had… she is what I never was… she is what I should've been.

Is there really any comparison?