InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ The Price of a Memory is the Memory of the Sorrow It Brings ( Chapter 74 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 74 - The Price of a Memory is the Memory of the Sorrow It Brings
 
 
He wished he could forget. If he could only forget all the fun times they had together then maybe it wouldn't hurt so much. If he couldn't remember the time they'd spent together and the things they'd done then he wouldn't feel so alone all the time without her. He'd tried not to think about it, about her. He'd tried to think about school but he remembered how they would walk together and how they told each other about their day, their friends, their teachers, and everything else. He tried to think about the new video game he wanted but he remembered that in the game you fought demons, which made him think of her. He tried to think about his exams but he remembered his history test was on the feudal era and there he was thinking about Kagome again.
 
Finally he had decided to think about nothing at all, thinking that surely that was safe. Of course he didn't expect the older sister that walked into the park with her little brother. The little boy begged her to push him on the swings and she did, helping him up onto the empty swing next to Souta. As she pushed him he cried out for her to push him higher, that he wanted to touch the sky, and he was thinking about her again, about how she'd brought him to the park, about how she always pushed him on the swings and he always begged her to push him harder and harder, that he wanted to fly. Apparently the whole world was against him.
 
When he couldn't take the laughter and happiness anymore he got up and walked towards the jungle gym. He found a nice comfortable place to hide and crawled inside, pulling his knees up to his chest. And then he let it go. He let it all out, everything he fought to keep inside because he didn't want them to know. He didn't want his mother and Gramps to know he missed her so much, and he definitely didn't want Kagome to know. She would feel guilty for his sadness and it wasn't her fault, not really. She couldn't help that she got dragged into the feudal era. She couldn't help that the jewel was inside her body. She certainly didn't mean to break it, and it wasn't her fault that it was taking so long to collect the shards. No, Kagome didn't need to feel guilty and he wished he didn't have to feel so lonely and miserable without her. He let it all go, released all his pent up emotions, and Souta cried.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Kagome couldn't help but yawn. Her Government class was boring and studying for the exam was even more so. She fought to keep her mind from wandering off as she worried about Rin. She couldn't figure out why she'd had that dream but she was sure there was a reason. She mentally slapped herself again when she realized her mind had floated away on her again. Thankfully she wasn't too bad at Government, even if she did miss most of the classes. It was a subject that she'd always found somewhat interesting, especially since she spent time in the feudal era. She found it intriguing to see how the government developed over time from what she saw there, well, then.
 
Sesshoumaru was sitting next to her, reading one of the books he'd chosen. It was the one that covered the earliest history among the ones he'd picked, and every now and then he would let out a little snort. Apparently he was finding discrepancies, though she'd expected no less. She couldn't help thinking that the sound was adorable. It was incredibly undignified but there was her great demon Lord of the Western Lands, snorting while he read. He probably didn't even know he was doing it.
 
After a while Sesshoumaru closed his book and got up. Telling her he would be downstairs silently he left the bedroom and made his way to the living room. He had to. He couldn't sit there next to her and not touch her a moment longer. After everything that had happened today, the sexy outfits, her getting injured, their time in the bathroom and then the dressing room; it took everything he had not to throw her down on the bed and strip her right there in front of her friends and anyone else who might have been interested. His brief taste of her after the taste of so much of her blood was driving his instincts insane. His beast was screaming to ensure that she still wanted them. He wanted Sesshoumaru to prove just how wonderful he could make her feel, and already he was making plans. Hopefully her friends wouldn't stay too late. He knew her tests started tomorrow but he was unsure of the time. He wanted her to be well rested but he wanted her to scream his name while in the highest peaks of pleasure multiple times first.
 
He was restless, and not just because he was incredibly aroused and dying to have her. He was also worried about the dream she'd had. Kagome had said that it hurt, that she could feel the pain, and he knew it was true because he had been able to sense her pain through their connection. What he didn't understand was how a dream could cause such pain and he didn't know why Kagome was having what obviously had to be Rin's dream. It made him worry about Rin. She'd never been apart from him from very long and he had been the only one able to calm her when she had the nightmares. If she was suddenly having them again for some reason then she might be inconsolable, but then Inuyasha would come if something serious like that was going on. He tried to tell himself that everything was fine but he couldn't shake the feeling that it wasn't.
 

\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Hiromi was humming to herself quietly as she checked on dinner. It would be finished soon and Souta was still at his friend's house. Pulling her oven mitts off, she picked up the phone and dialed a number off the list on the wall beside the phone. It rang twice before a familiar voice answered.
 
“Hello Naoko, it's Hiromi. Can you tell Souta that dinner is almost done and it's time for him to come home?”
 
There was an odd silence on the line for a moment before she spoke. “Hiromi, Souta isn't here. Ichirou got himself grounded last night and when Souta showed up this morning I told him he couldn't play. I thought he went home. He hasn't been home all day?”
 
Hiromi's eyes widened and she dropped the bowl she'd been pulling down from the cupboard to make a salad in. Sesshoumaru heard the crash and was there in an instant, looking at a pale Hiromi clutching the phone in one hand and the countertop in the other. “He didn't come home. Father would have told me if he had.” She paused for a moment, trying to think of something to say or do, but she was frozen.
 
“If I see him I'll call you, Hiromi. And I'll ask Ichirou if he has any ideas where he might be. If you can't find him call me back and I'll help you look.”
 
Kagome's mother's voice was weak when she replied. “Alright. Thank you,” was all she said before hanging up the phone. She turned and saw Sesshoumaru watching her from the doorway.
 
“Do not move. There is glass everywhere and you have bare feet,” the demon said before walking to the door and slipping his shoes back on his feet, ignoring the dangling laces. He walked into the kitchen, shards of glass crunching under his weight. When he reached her, Sesshoumaru picked her up gently by the waist like she weighed nothing more than a feather. He carried her out of the kitchen until he was certain there was no glass for her to step on and let her down slowly.
 
“Thank you,” she said softly, still in a daze.
 
“What is wrong? What are you worried about?”
 
“Souta went to his friend's house this morning. He was going to stay there all day so I didn't give it a second thought. But I called and his mother said that he isn't there, that he hasn't been there since this morning when she told him he couldn't play with his friend because he was being punished. I don't know where he is. I don't know where my son is and it's getting dark!”
 
“Calm yourself. This Sesshoumaru will find him and bring him home safely.”
 
“Are you sure?” she asked, causing him to lift a brow at her, making a face that clearly said `do you honestly question my ability to find a small human boy?'
 
“I am certain I will find him unharmed. Will you be able to clean up the broken glass without injuring yourself? I can do so when I return if not.”
 
“Oh, I can do that. It's no problem. But please, please find my baby.”
 
“This Sesshoumaru will return with the boy in tow.”
 
As Sesshoumaru walked out the front door, his shoe laces still trailing behind him, Hiromi slipped on her shoes and went to retrieve the broom and dustpan. She felt a great deal calmer. If Sesshoumaru said he would do something she was sure that he would.
 
Kagome had heard the crash and wasn't sure for a moment what to think. Eventually she decided to go check on it, only to find her mother sweeping up tiny shards of broken glass on the kitchen floor. “Is everything alright, Mama?”
 
“Oh, yes dear. Everything is fine.” There was no need to worry Kagome. “My hands were wet and the bowl slipped. I shouldn't have been so careless.”
 
“Do you need help?” Kagome asked, looking around suspiciously. “And where's Sesshoumaru?”
 
“Huh? No, honey I can handle it. You should be upstairs studying.” Hiromi did her best to avoid her daughter's second question but from the look on her face Hiromi knew it wouldn't work. “Sesshoumaru went to look for Souta. He's not at his friend's house like he's supposed to be. Now go on upstairs and finish up your studying. Dinner will be ready soon and your friends will have to be heading home to eat with their families as well.
 
Kagome didn't like the idea of Sesshoumaru wandering around the city by himself, but she knew she could trust him and he'd promised to behave. She let out a sigh before turning around and heading back to her room. They only had a few more things to cover anyway and she couldn't wait to be done.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
It didn't take him long to sense the boy. He hadn't mentioned it to Kagome but her brother had a very large and strong aura like she did, which made him incredibly easy to locate. Sesshoumaru followed his senses and found him self looking at odd contraptions spread around some trees and a lot of grass. It took him a second to figure out where Souta was hiding but the scent of salt led him under the largest `thing'. He crouched down and peered in at the boy who was curled up in a ball like he was trying to see just how small he could make himself. Souta didn't notice his presence so he spoke.
 
“Souta, your mother is very worried about you.”
 
Souta almost jumped out of his skin at the deep voice that came seemingly out of nowhere. When he opened his eyes though, he saw the source. “What are you doing here?” he asked while wiping at his cheeks in a desperate attempt to hide his tears.
 
“I promised her I would find you. She believed you were at a friend's house but when she called you were not. And wiping them away will not hide your tears from this Sesshoumaru. Why are you crying?”
 
Souta let out a huff and looked away. “Why do you care?”
 
“This Sesshoumaru cares because you are a part of my pack.”
 
This time he was intrigued and turned around to look at the demon who was taking his sister away even more than usual. “Your pack?”
 
“Yes. Kagome is the alpha female of my pack. The pack includes my family, Inuyasha and my sons, as well as those that I view as family, Rin and Shippo. It also includes Kagome's family, you, your mother, and your grandfather, and those Kagome sees as family, the slayer and the monk. As the alpha male it is my responsibility to protect and care for all members of my pack. So why are you upset?”
 
Souta sniffled and wiped at his nose with his shirtsleeve, making Sesshoumaru want to cringe. Runny noses were definitely not his thing. Demons didn't get the sniffles. “I… I've never told anyone but… I miss my sister. I miss her a lot. I don't want her to go. I want her to stay here and be my sister like she used to or take me with her!”
 
“It is not safe for you in my time. It is not even safe for her but she must go and so we protect her. I am certain that Kagome does not wish for you to see the world we live in. She wants to protect you from it. We live in a time of violence and bloodshed and here you can live without fear of being attacked by demons or bandits who kill with indifference.”
 
“But she's never here! She used to do things with me. We used to talk. It's like she's got a whole new family and she's moving on without me.”
 
“Your sister would never move on and leave you behind. I am certain that she misses you while you are apart just as much as you miss her.”
 
“But she looks happy! She looks like it doesn't bother her a bit!”
 
“And do you show her how much you miss her? Or do you hide the truth so she is spared the guilt we both know she would feel? Perhaps she hides her feelings just the same. Kagome puts up a brave front but she has sadness and worries just like you do.”
 
“You think so?” Souta asked with a pleading look.
 
“Your sister and I share a connection. I can feel her every emotion, I can sense when she's in danger, and we can communicate with each other silently. I know that she is hiding her sadness because I know it's there. Come, we must return to the shrine. Your mother is very worried about you. And dinner was almost ready when I left.”
 
Souta smiled a little as he crawled out of his hiding place, wiping the dirt from his pants. It wasn't so bad now that he knew that she felt the same way. The idea that it didn't bother her at all had been the worst part, but knowing that she missed him like he missed her seemed to renew their sibling link. Now if he could only figure out a way to make it through the well.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Kagome was waving good-bye to her friends from the front door when she saw two shadows approaching, one very tall and one short. “Mama! Sesshoumaru's back and he found Souta!” the miko called into the house before she ran outside. “Souta! Mama was worried sick about you! Where were you?”
 
Kagome's interrogation was soon joined by Hiromi and Souta looked up at the two women in his life. “I needed some time to think so I went to the park.”
 
“Is everything alright? What'd you need to think about?” Kagome asked.
 
“Everything's fine. Sesshoumaru and I talked and I feel better now.”
 
Kagome glanced up at Sesshoumaru, the look in her eyes declaring that he would tell her what he'd talked to Souta about. He merely smirked at her.
 
“Well, lets everyone get inside. Dinner's on the table. Souta, go wash your hands. You're filthy!” Hiromi ordered in a very motherly tone before heading back inside, Souta following behind her.
 
Sesshoumaru pulled Kagome close and leaned in to give her a soft kiss. “Your brother is more like you than you know.”
 
“Is he now? Well, pray tell, how are we the same?”
 
“This Sesshoumaru does not betray confidences my little miko. Though perhaps I could be persuaded?”
 
Kagome blushed brightly before smacking his arm, causing him to smile devilishly at her. “You… are… a… bad… puppy… dog!” she said between pokes to his chest.
 
“Perhaps. And perhaps you are a very naughty little miko. Come. The sooner we eat dinner the sooner we can retire to your bed.”
 
“I need a shower so bad! I still feel like I'm covered in blood.” Noticing the glint in his eye she added, “And no, you're not helping this time, no matter how cute you look when you pout.” She squealed as he reached for her, turning and running into the house, a smirking demon lord following behind in a much more dignified manner.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
The psychiatry ward of the local hospital had been contacted in regards to Hiroshi Hojo. His interview had given them more than enough evidence to have him held for testing and any treatment deemed necessary by the doctors. It was obvious that the boy was suffering from delusions or hallucinations as well as an incredibly unhealthy obsession with the Higurashi girl that he'd mentioned. The officers still intended to speak to Miss Higurashi and if possible the male Hojo had identified as not her boyfriend but a monster instead. They hoped to determine how far his obsession went as well as whether the incident he had described taking place in the service hall held any truth at all.
 
If Miss Higurashi had been somehow injured then she would have the opportunity to press charges for assault, though it was clear that any time spent incarcerated would more likely than not be spent in the Psych wing of the local jail where he would be taken after his evaluation at the hospital. They also planned on testing the blood on the knife. If Miss Higurashi was not injured or even present at the time of the incident then they still needed to know whose blood it was.
 
Hiroshi been kept in the interview room since the interview ended and he was beginning to get restless. He needed to be out there warning people, not sitting here staring at himself in the mirror for what seemed like hours. His parents had been informed as to the course of action the police were taking, and they'd left the observation room to wait back in the office they'd occupied earlier. Mrs. Hojo couldn't stand to sit and watch her son twitch and mumble. It was just too much to take. They'd warned about what was going to happen when the orderlies from the hospital arrived to take him in but that didn't make watching it any easier. No one could ever predict whether the subject that was suspected to be mentally ill would go quietly and obediently or if they would fight and attempt to escape. Everyone always hoped for the former but in reality it turned out that Hojo was the latter.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Dinner had passed without incident and the entire family, Sesshoumaru included, had piled into the living room to watch the news. Kagome was curious to see if something about the mall was reported. Sesshoumaru had mentioned a lot of screaming from the food court when Hojo ran out there. The boy was definitely crazy enough to have caused some kind of scene. She was surprised though when the news report started.
 
“A crazed teen was arrested this afternoon after running through the mall food court holding a knife that appeared to be covered in blood. Several people were injured in the chaos that ensued as the mall patrons attempted to flee the area. While most were minor cuts and bruises, two were transported to the hospital, a woman with a broken arm and a young boy who had apparently fallen and subsequently been trampled. He was taken to the emergency room for testing but we've been told that he has already been released to his parents once they determined that he did not have any fractured or broken ribs as they had initially suspected.
 
The subject was taken into custody immediately, but the police have yet to release his identity. It is reported that he is a minor, and the police were forced to await parental permission before they could begin to question the boy.
 
We spoke with several witnesses, who all said that the boy had run from a service hall into the crowd. They have told us that he looked both frightened and frightening, especially as the knife he held was dripping with what appeared to be blood. While it is assumed there was a stabbing victim, one has yet to be located and no mall patrons have reported knife injuries. We'll have more for you when the police release the name of the suspect in custody and hopefully some information on both the missing victim and the reason behind the seemingly random incident.”
 
Hiromi and Gramps both turned and looked at Kagome and Sesshoumaru in question, Souta following suite, and soon Kagome found her self explaining what had occurred with Hojo, both yesterday and today. By the time she was finished, the miko found that if at all possible she never wanted to hear the name Hojo again. Gramps apologized profusely for telling the boy where they were, but Kagome immediately told him it wasn't his fault. No one had been aware of Saturday's incident and not even Kagome herself knew just how far Hojo's obsession with her had gone until it was too late. Once everyone's questions had been answered Kagome excused Sesshoumaru and herself to bed for the night.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Two very large men dressed in white made their way through the station, having been directed at the front desk to the interrogation room. One of them carried a large medic's bag, something they were lucky to have brought this time. As soon as the door opened and Hojo saw the two men entering he knew that something wasn't right. He immediately stood, his chair sliding across the floor and slamming into the wall behind him. He began to back slowly away from the men that had come to take him away. His mind whirled for a few moments before he fully understood.
 
“So they know then? The government knows about these things? And now you're going to lock me away so I can't tell anyone? I won't let you! I won't let you take me! The people deserve to know that there is something out there, something dangerous, and I have to tell them! I won't let you take me away!” Hojo now had his back flat against the wall furthest from the door and he was glancing quickly back and forth between the two large men and the door they'd closed behind them.
 
“Just calm down, kid. No one's here to hurt you. We just want to take you to the hospital and have you looked over. Then you can explain everything to the man there. He'll listen to you. He'll understand. But you need to calm down and come with us quietly.”
 
“You're lying! I know you're lying! There's nothing wrong with me! I don't need to be `checked over'! You're going to lock me away somewhere to shut me up! Or, oh no! No! No! No! No! No! You're going to kill me aren't you? You're one of them. You both are! Please, I don't wanna die but the people need to know! You can't! You can't bury the truth!!”
 
The orderly on the right sighed and turned to the one on the left. “Looks like we're doing this the hard way. Grab the kit, would ya?” The other nodded, opening the door and retrieving the bag that had been left just outside the door in case something just like this occurred. “Look, kid. No one wants to kill you. We're not monsters. We work at the hospital.”
 
“No! No! I know you're lying! You're both one of them! They've spread further than I thought!” The first orderly unzipped the bag and pulled out the largest item they carried and the one they had to use most often, the straightjacket. He quickly undid the straps and held it open the way he'd been trained to. This wasn't going to be fun but the boy wouldn't calm down and he refused to come quietly. Hojo's screaming could be heard throughout the entire precinct and soon his mother and father were standing in the doorway of the office they'd been sitting in, waiting and wondering just what was wrong with their son.
 
“Fuck!” another voice cried out from inside the room.
 
The boy just bit him! He couldn't believe that the boy really just bit him! And it was a good one too. He's successfully broken the skin which also put an instant end to Mr. Nice Orderly. Holding a gauze square over the bite that was going to need serious cleaning and bandaging, maybe even stitches, the injured orderly dug through the bag quickly, removing a preloaded syringe of a fast working tranquilizer. He nodded at his partner and in seconds Hojo was pinned to the wall face first. This time they weren't taking any chances. He was a mean little guy. They'd never expected him to fight dirty, and biting was definitely fighting dirty. While Hojo's much smaller body was pinned and immobile the injured orderly quickly injected his arm with the medicine.
 
It only took a minute for Hojo to go limp. They caught him under the arms and pulled him over to a chair, setting him down carefully. One held him up while the other slipped his arms into the straight jacket as was procedure. He'd fought them enough that they'd been forced to use a tranquilizer so it was required that he be restrained, just in case he woke up earlier than expected during transport, which could easily cause an accident. It was also a safeguard for the doctors that evaluated him upon his arrival. He had proven his capability for violence against the medical professionals and would be observed very closely from now on. He would not be given the opportunity to injure another of their staff.
 
The first orderly examined the fairly deep wound on his partner's arm before flushing the area with rubbing alcohol and wrapping an entire roll of gauze around it to help stop the bleeding before packing the bag back up and zipping it closed. He opened the door and quietly asked for another officer to assist him in moving the boy since his partner had been injured. The poor guy who suffered the Hojo bite carried the bag with his good arm and the second orderly and a large police officer carried the unconscious and seriously bound boy out of the room.
 
Mrs. Hojo, who had been crying silently throughout the struggle and subsequent silence almost fainted at the sight of her son in a straight jacket, obviously drugged with a trail of drool running from the corner of his mouth, being carried through the precinct and out the door. Her husband barley caught her and quickly led her back to a chair. “Everything will be fine, dear. They're going to find out what the problem is and they'll fix him. They'll fix our boy.”
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Sesshoumaru followed her up the stairs, trying to prove that he didn't pout but it was rough going. She was going to be naked and wet and slippery and he was going to miss it! And they'd had so much fun in the shower the last time. So yes, the great taiyoukai Lord of the Western Lands and most powerful demon in Japan, if not the world, was pouting. But only a little! He didn't know why she didn't want him to join her but possible reasons began to flow into his mind and he didn't like them much.
 
The first and most disturbing was the thought that perhaps she was angry with him for allowing her to be injured but was hiding it. Or maybe she didn't enjoy their last shower as much as he'd thought? Was she punishing him for something? He was still torturing himself over the incident at the mall. Maybe she didn't trust him anymore? Of course then he remembered that if she was angry he would be able to tell, so that couldn't be it. And he knew that she'd enjoyed the shower because he'd felt it. She said she still trusted him and he hadn't sensed a lie. He relaxed a bit and took the time to examine what he was receiving through their connection. She was tired, uncomfortable, most likely because of the remaining blood, and just a little bit excited. Excited? What was she excited about then? Was his little vixen of a miko planning something? When they entered her room he let out a sigh and she giggled.
 
“I think my big strong demon can be a little patient, can't he?” she asked teasingly.
 
“This Sesshoumaru does not enjoy waiting when it comes to you, little miko.”
 
“Well that's just too bad, cuz you're going to have to. Why don't you make yourself comfortable while I'm in the bathroom. Maybe warm the sheets up for me?” She smiled seductively, reaching out and opening his pants quickly before turning away. He heard the click of the lock as she ensured their privacy and he smirked. So she was planning something. The second click of a lock however made him frown. She'd locked him out of the bathroom. Deciding he wanted to be ready for her when she returned he pulled his shirt over his head and allowed his now loose pants fall to the floor around his feet. He couldn't decide whether to leave the boxers on or off. After a few moments of consideration he decided to hope for the best and took them off as well.
 
Kagome smiled as she stepped under the hot water. Not only did it feel wonderful but she was feeling rather proud of herself. He hadn't noticed and she was actually going to get the chance to surprise him. She took her good sweet time, washing her hair three times before the water ran clear which caused her to make a face. How much blood had she lost? Because there was an awful lot of it in her hair! Once she was certain that her hair was now blood free she slowly washed her body, closing her eyes and imagining it was him touching her. Of course if she wanted it, he really could be touching her but she wanted him to feel her excitement and her arousal growing while he waited for her. He was sure to be very eagerly awaiting her return. She let out a little moan as she ran her hands over her breasts, gently lathering them but at the same time feeling his large hands sliding over her heated flesh, made even more so by the near scalding temperature of the water. When she decided that he'd probably suffered enough she rinsed quickly and turned off the water.
 
He had felt it as her arousal grew the longer she was in the other room. Just what was she doing in there anyways? Why was a shower getting her so aroused? He found himself wondering if she was pleasuring herself, his mind providing a rather tempting image that was only made better when he heard her small moan. Now he wanted to see, wanted to watch her touch herself, and he made a mental note to remember to do so when the sound of the shower stopped. His eyes shot to the door, hoping she would be coming out covered in nothing but droplets of water, but what he got was even better and well worth the short wait. How she'd managed it he didn't know but the how didn't matter. Not even a tiny bit.
 
Kagome was rather proud of herself. The look in his eyes was well worth the trouble of sneaking the little black and red babydoll out of the bag without him noticing and the lonely shower too. He looked like he was going to tackle her and eat her whole, like a nice juicy extra rare steak was being held just out of reach of a starving animal. She smirked as she leaned on the doorjamb, the slight tilt of her hips causing her breasts to stand out just a bit more. “See something you like?”
 
A low rumbling began to rise up in his chest and he did nothing to restrain it. He felt it rather appropriate for him to be making that sound, the sound that was designed to lure one's desired female closer. He watched as her smirk turned a little more seductive and she began to walk slowly towards him. He noticed she seemed a bit taller than he remembered and found himself glancing down her form. Her legs looked amazing and he soon discovered the cause for the difference. She was wearing the most ridiculous pair of shoes he had ever seen, but damned if the high heel didn't force her to carry herself just a bit differently, as well as tighten her calves in a deliciously interesting way. When she walked her hips shifted more than normal, drawing attention to her barely covered and absolutely beautiful ass, something she was so kind as to show him by turning slowly in front of him where she stood next to the bed.
 
When the ability to form words finally returned to him, Sesshoumaru found himself swallowing before he spoke. Damn was she making his mouth water! “This Sesshoumaru sees many… many… things he likes. You are a sneaky little one, aren't you?” he asked with a grin. She was perfect in so many ways. Her body was perfect. She was intelligent and strong willed, both perfect. But this new side of her he was beginning to see, this seductress standing before him, hips tilted and feet set a bit apart allowing him a view of the barely hidden treasure that was releasing the most amazing aroma of her arousal, was definitely perfect. He could only begin to imagine the things he wanted to do with her, new ideas popping up all the time.
 
And ideas weren't the only thing to be popping up, as Kagome noticed the very obvious proof of her success in her mission to arouse him. He was most definitely aroused. She didn't think it was even possible but it appeared to her that the tent in the sheet was even bigger than it had been the night before.
 
She made a move to kneel on the bed but he stopped her. “Stay standing,” he murmured before sliding towards the edge of the bed. He dropped his feet to the floor, sitting up to find himself eye to eye with her covered breasts. Sesshoumaru allowed his face to move closer until he pressed his lips to her exposed abdomen. He lavished her with hot, wet kisses, allowing his hands to slip under the material that hung open from her breasts down, his claws trailing carefully over her sides and lower back before cupping her round, bare cheeks.
 
“This Sesshoumaru owes great thanks to whoever invented the `thong'. As impractical as it seemed, it is a very useful thing after all, Kagome.” he looked up into her eyes, his cheek brushing her heated flesh. “You look… you look absolutely… mmm,” a murmuring growl escaped him as he tried to think of the perfect word to describe her. “absolutely… edible.” She moaned softly as he gave her soft ass a squeeze. Leaning down again, he trailed his tongue around her belly button and up the middle of her stomach until he found his destination between her breasts where the incredibly arousing bit of cloth was held closed with nothing but strings tied in a bow.
 
Kagome let out a squeal as she was lifted off the ground and found herself perched over his lap on her knees. She could feel the heat of his erection pressed against her, the thin fabric doing nothing to hinder it. It actually made it feel interesting. The front of the thong between their bodies created a new friction when she shifted her hips experimentally.
 
“Kagome,” he whispered, causing her to look back at his eyes. Now that he had her attention he opened his mouth slightly, grasping one of the tails of the little bow between his teeth and giving it a firm but slow tug. When he felt the fabric go slack he used his nose to push it open more and reveal the creamy skin of her breasts, tipped with very apparent dark pink peaks. She watched intently as his tongue flicked out and barely touched her right nipple. Her hands wound into his hair and she pulled his head rather roughly back to her breast, intent on him paying more… much more… attention to them both.
 
He groaned against her skin at her forcefulness. It was incredibly sexy, having such a small and delicate female taking control. He was always in control, always in charge, and he was beginning to discover that relinquishing said control to his tease of a miko was surprisingly pleasurable. When he'd lay back for her and allowed her to explore his body, when she sat above him in the dominant position, the one that he was supposed to be in, it turned him on more than anything had before, or at least before he felt her force his lips to her breasts with a tight hold and firm tug on his hair. That turned him on even more. She ground her hips against his, the silky fabric sliding against his now painfully hard member. He found himself wondering, while lavishing her breasts with continuous attention of course, if she would touch him again tonight. He wondered if he could find a way to convince her to `force' him to taste her. Maybe if he teased her enough she would do as she had just a moment ago. His entire body shivered at the thought.
 
Her fingers loosened in his hair, disappointingly ending the mild but incredibly pleasurable pain in his scalp. He moaned in disappointment, allowing his hands to slide from their place on her ass down her soft, smooth, long, tan legs. How he loved her legs, especially how they felt wrapped around his body. He found himself wishing that he didn't have to follow all the courting steps as he was dying to just take her and make her his mate but he knew it was better this way. She would be ready then and everything would go perfectly. He almost couldn't wait to feel the slick heat as he pushed inside her tight, virgin passage. If it wasn't for his extensive training in self control he would have already.
 
He wanted to smile as she seemed to read his mind, pushing him to lay back on the bed while she scooted backwards just a bit more, her knees precariously close to the edge of the mattress. He shuddered in pleasure as she gave him a sexy smirk and reached down to wrap her small hand around his length. “You're not gonna stop me this time, right?” she said softly while giving a rough squeeze and looking straight into his eyes. The groan that escaped him at her less than gentle treatment was all the answer he could manage. “You like that?” She squeezed him a bit harder and his eyes rolled back in his head. “I guess so,” she murmured to herself more than him. He wasn't listening anyways.
 
Kagome began to move her hand in long slow strokes, tightening her hold randomly and getting a positive response every time. He could already feel the pressure building but he wasn't ready yet. He didn't want to finish before she did. He wanted her muscles quivering and her body shivering from the heat of the passion he poured into her. As his mind called up an image he quite enjoyed and wished to repeat, Kagome held him almost as tightly as her hand could, this time not releasing the pressure but continuing her stroking instead. The combination of the thought of her kneeling over his face and the slight pain and amazing pleasure caused his hips to buck. His eyes widened as she let out a squeak, let go, and disappeared from sight. For a moment he thought she was injured but as he sat up Kagome began giggling from where she know knelt on the floor. “I guess I shouldn't kneel on the edge of the bed while I do that, huh?” she said, blushing and laughing at the same time.
 
“Perhaps not,” he said with a smile. “Did you hurt yourself?”
 
“Nope,” she said brightly. “There was a nice convenient pile of clothes right here on the floor. It would have hurt if I'd hit the wood floor. Definitely gonna be more careful.”
 
She moved to stand up and found herself lifted into his lap again. “Those shoes cannot be comfortable.”
 
“They aren't really. Why? Don't you like them?”
 
“This Sesshoumaru finds them very attractive, but it is time for them to come off,” he said while slipping the straps of the babydoll that had been hanging open down her shoulders before tossing it to the side. “This too,” he said while slipping a single digit under her panties, brushing through her curls.
 
“You might actually have to let me go to take `em off,” she said in a teasing tone, knowing and loving the fact that he didn't want to release her. Sesshoumaru let go of her hips and lay back on the bed, his arms over his head and hands under it. She scooted off his lap carefully, not wanting a repeat performance of the laws of gravity at the moment. She sat next to him and undid the clasps on her shoes, one by one allowing them to fall to the floor. Standing once more she hooked her thumbs in the sides of her thong, watching as his eyes followed it down her legs until it dropped to the floor.
 
“Come here,” he said in a deep, needy voice. “I can't take it anymore.” She approached warily, unsure just what he couldn't take anymore. “Nervous? I only wish to taste you, Kagome. Come here,” he repeated, gesturing for her to sit across his stomach like she had so many times before in the past few days. He let out a groan of appreciation as her heat pressed against his skin. He could feel how aroused, how wet she was for him and he couldn't wait to slide his tongue inside her for a nice long taste.
 
When he started to pull her up his chest she recognized what he was planning and grabbed his hands. “Nuh unh. Not quite. As much as I love looking into your eyes while you do that, I can barely touch you at all.”
 
He considered her statement, finding that he most definitely wanted her to continue touching him. “Turn around.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Move for a moment,” he said, deciding on a different tactic. She threw her leg over so that she knelt beside him and he sat up. “Kneel here,” he said while guiding her as she scooted into position. “Now don't move,” was all he said before laying back again. She looked down and watched as he slipped his head beneath her, brushing through her curls with his nose playfully before fully taking up his new position. As his tongue slipped out to trace the deliciously moist line where he folds met he allowed his hands to move up and rest on her hips before sliding them up her sides until he was cupping her breasts, rolling her nipples between his thumbs and forefingers and loving how her back arched, pushing her closer to his waiting mouth.
 
Once she managed to focus for a moment Kagome realized that this was perfect. She leaned forward a bit, extending her hands until her fingers just brushed his soft white fur before pulling them back towards her, raking her nails across his abdomen and chest and leaving rapidly fading red lines. She could feel as he growled in pleasure, the vibrations spreading through her entire body. She shifted slightly, holding her already shaking body up with one arm while her other hand wrapped firmly around him once again. The growl got a bit louder and she gasped, her hand tightening even more reflexively.
 
It was the best of both worlds in his opinion. He could taste her to his hearts content, and he planned on it, wanting to make her scream his name over and over again, and she was touching him, her hand moving and tightening in response to his actions. He could feel her legs quivering and knew she was close. One hand slid down the front of her body, trailing one claw teasingly over her skin, before slipping through her curls and rubbing roughly on her clit. Her whole body shook as she cried out, not able to even think about keeping quiet let alone doing it. Thankfully he'd thought of that for her and had already erected a sound proof barrier around them. He continued to slide his tongue in and out of her, savoring the wonderful flavor of her pleasure, and kept up his less than gentle pressure on her clit, sending her right back over the edge again.
 
This time he allowed her to come down gently, slowing and softening his movements. He smirked as he felt her body collapse forward, feeling her head lying on his hip. Her hands clung to the outsides of his thighs, nails digging in sharply and he almost jumped beneath her as he felt her hot breath against his still very aroused shaft. She moaned against his skin and he flicked his tongue across her now oversensitive clit to make her do it again. She smiled against his skin as she opened her eyes, her right hand slipping from his left side to wrap around him once again. They moved together, as his tongue slipped into her twitching passage her hand slid down, and when he withdrew her hand stroked up. It created the feeling that he was sliding in and out of her body instead of just his tongue, and he found himself very close to the edge again.
 
This time he was going to let go though. This time he was going to allow her to bring him to completion like he'd done for her. His tongue's movements lost their fluid rhythm as a growl started to grow stronger and stronger the closer he got. The vibrations caused her back to arch and she pushed herself up on one arm again, never slowing her movements. She wanted to see. She knew he was close and she wanted to watch the first time she made him cum like this. She had to fight to keep her eyes open as the vibrations of his growling and rapid movements of his tongue pushed her unexpectedly into ecstasy again, her hand tightening painfully around him. That little touch of pain was all he needed and his entire body tensed beneath her while Kagome watched in fascination as he released the evidence of his orgasm, whitish and creamy looking, and it slowly covered her hand.
 
She could feel him panting against her, his entire body now limp beneath her kneeling form. Curious, since she'd read in magazines and heard friends and classmates talking about how it tasted, she slowly slid her hand from his now semi-erect shaft, feeling his entire body twitch as her hand brushed the sensitive head. She brought it closer to her face and looked at it for a moment before snaking her tongue out and licking his seed from her hand.
 
When his mind came back into focus he realized that she hadn't moved beyond releasing him and he suddenly found himself worried that she was upset or disgusted. He had to see her, had to look into her eyes. `Kagome,” he said in her mind while pressing a gentle kiss to her beautiful folds.
 
Figuring he probably wanted to breathe, Kagome lifted herself off him and to the side, never removing her focus from the thick fluid coating her hand. When he caught sight of her and the way she appeared to be staring he started to apologize, though he didn't get far before his words caught in his throat when she slid her tongue out and tasted it. He didn't think he'd ever seen something quite so… so erotic and reassuring at the same time. She didn't make a face. She didn't seem angry, upset, uncomfortable, or disgusted. Instead, she did it again. He groaned as his entire body twitched with an aftershock inspired by her action.
 
“Kagome?” he asked softly, not wanting to interrupt but oh so wanting to see her eyes while she licked her hand clean of his seed. She looked up, seeing the heat in his eyes, and grinned at him before licking her hand again, this time slower.
 
“Not too bad,” she said softly. “Actually tastes kinda good.” She took another long drag of her tongue before continuing. “It's… it… it tastes like you. That's the only way I can think of to explain it. It's so you, a little stronger but the same as your skin tastes. And your skin tastes delicious.” He watched her in silence as she finished cleaning her hand completely before he buried a hand in her hair and pulled her to him, kissing her deeply and passionately. He could taste himself on her tongue mixing with the ambrosia that was her flavor. Kagome could taste herself as well and it didn't bother her a bit. It just seemed right for those two unique flavors to blend.
 
When he finally released her to allow her to breathe he looked at her with awe in his eyes. “That has got to be the sexiest thing I have ever seen,” his whispered against her skin as he pulled her form close to his before throwing the sheet over their still heated bodies. No blankets would be necessary tonight.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
As night settled in around them the tired group drifted off to sleep one by one. Inuyasha was the last to close his eyes, and the sight of the bright star filled sky stayed with him as he slipped into his dreams.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Naoko - honest child
 
Ichirou - one son
 
If you would like to be emailed when a new chapter has been posted, either review with your email address included or email me at sunsetmiko@aol.com
sunsetmiko
at
aol
dot
com
saying you wish to be added to She Who the Prophecy Foretold Updates List. Please remember to include your email address if you choose to do this through reviews as most sites don't allow me to determine your email address from your User ID. Fanfiction.net readers, f you do this in a review, you have to type out the email address like I did because the system removes emails and web addresses.