InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shikomaru. Ch.2 ❯ Shikomaru. Ch.2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Shikomaru 2

Sesshomaru and InuYasha battle Shikomaru

Sesshomaru: Is that all you can do? Make weak and feeble beings with simple minds fight for you? You must be more weak and simple than Jakken.

Sesshomaru laughed slightly and smiled. There was absolutely no doubt in his mind that Shikomaru was a simple demon snake with no real power. A foe all too easily taken down and providing no entertainment or challenge.

Shikormar: We will see, Master Dog. You know, some snakes are poisonous.

Shikomaru smiled slyly. He looked at Jakken and glowed his eyes again and let Jakken fall out of his grip. He opened his own mouth to Sesshomaru and revieled long black fangs which gave off something of a poisonous aura about them alone, not Shikomaru completely. He spit. An acidic cloude protruded from his fangs and landed on Sesshomaru's right shoulder, burned through his kimono and sizzled his skin. He brushed it off with his hand and the acidic venom clung to his hand and started to melt it away.

Sesshomaru: Damn it.

It wasn't so much painful as it was irritating but it was beginning to grow to something more unpleasent. The snake opened again and spit twice again acid that was twice the size as the first. This time Sesshomaru jumped straight up and avoided it but the spit landed right onto the sleeping Jakken and immediately burned him. Quickly he was melted down to bone.

Sesshomaru: (damn Jakken, why do I even bother to revive him?)

Shikomaru: You see how fast my poison works? Soon it will eat you alive, Dog!

Sesshomaru: You only managed to hit my shoulder. I was hardly consumed by that disgusting acid as Jakken was. I am nowhere near decintegration, Snake.

Shikomaru: You are blinded by your own stupidity! Just look at your shoulder now!

Sesshomaru looked and his entire shoulder and part of his forarm was a dark purplish color, as was his hand and wrist. He realized that it was panging him but he had been ignoring it up until now.

--it's within your bloodstream. Only a matter of time befor your whole body is turned to an acidic pile of bones!

Sesshomaru: You can't believe this small amount of poison is enough to finish me off?

Shikomaru: Mine is the most potent and deadly of poisons! Even my creator, Naraku, cannot compare---

He stopped short as if feeling Naraku's preasance, and he did not want to return to Naraku's body for being boastful. Sesshomaru picked up on this immediately.

Sesshomaru: Something bothering you? I thought you were speaking. Do you imply you are more powerfull than Naraku himself?

He was in the trees as to not be seen by Shikomaru, which he would use to further anger and torment Shikomaru psycologically and then once the snake was blinded by anger and ego he would strike him dead.

Shikomaru: I am-as powerful with my poisons as Naraku, him having given me mine and a part of his own.

Sesshomaru: So you're weaker.

He jumped to another tree to inquire the last point.

Shikomaru: I am not! I posess poisons that destroy-

Sesshomaru: So does he.

Shikomaru: Mine decintigrates---

Sesshomaru: As does his.

Another tree.

Shikomaru: I can take on the shape of either a snake or a human-like demon! But I donot loose my power with the absence of the moon! AND I poison through flesh and blood, not just through air!

Sesshomaru's interest peeked upon Naraku's weakness revelation. But he continued to focus on bruising and raising Shikomaru's ego and anger. He jumped to another tree.

Sesshomaru: So you shapeshift. Any good demon can do that. Poisoning through air to make impossible to breathe is a greater attack as it is next to impossible to avoid, save by holding your breath. But not even the strongest demon can hold his breath forever. Yours, on the other hand, is simple to avoid and cleanse. Not extremely deadly, now is it?

Sesshomaru was doing his job well. The agrivated snake was scowling at the very thought of being overrated and underminded. He growled and anger spewed out of him in the form of acid, contaminating everything in his surroundings. This included Sesshomaru, but the crafty dog demon was not as susceptable to the life-eating disease as a few trees were. He easily got beyond its distance but remained close to Shikomaru.

Shikomaru: I am twice the demon Naraku is! He is mearly a HALF-demon! I attain all of his powers as WELL as my own and every one of my abilities outdoes his a hundred fold! A thousand fold! It is no extremity to extract mere pollution!

The serpent closed his eyes in a screaming hiss and clouded the area further. He transformed into a human disguised demon and struck the surroundings with his transformed claws, spewting poison further. If Sesshomaru didn't know better, he'd say Naraku made a copy of him. He laughed at the idea.

Shikomaru: Sesshomaru! Reviel yourself! Come out of hiding and face me like a TRUE demon!

Sesshomaru: You are not a true demon. You are half.

Sesshomaru dove out of the tree he was in, to the right of Shikomaru, and struck out at him with his whip. The attack did great damage, cutting open a larg gash going across the transformed former snake's chest.

Shikomaru: How dare you, you bastard dog!

Shikomaru's eyes glowed yellow and he lunged for Sesshomaru. He made a biting attack, going for the lord's left arm, but since none resided, he ended up crunching down on Sesshomaru's side.

Sesshomaru: Insolent snake.

Sesshomaru plunged his claws through Shikomaru's body and the biter let go. He then took refuge within the poisoned and dying trees. Sesshomaru followed and chased him all through the forest. Shikomaru thought he lost him as he entered the part of the forest where InuYasha and his group sat in wait for night to come. He did not let himself be known, however InuYasha's nose and ears cought him.

InuYasha: I smell Naraku!

Mirokku: What? Where?

InuYasha: In the trees. I think it might be another incarnation.

Sango: So how about we catch him and make him tell us where Naraku is hiding?

Sango's determined mind was agreed by the others. Kagome and Shippo were told to remain back, but neither would have it. Kagome was going and she would shoot this incarnation wether or not InuYasha wanted her to help or not. Shippo just tagged along so as not to be left behind all alone.

InuYasha: He's just up ahead-in the trees!

He stopped running suddenly and covered his nose.

Miroku: InuYasha…what is it? Uhg!

InuYasha: You smell it too, huh?

Miroku: Yeah, how could I not? It's poison! Pewtrid!

Sango: Do you think it's in the air like Naraku's miasma?

InuYasha: No. This is different. It's not unsafe to breathe.

Shikomaru: Do not be so assured!!

Miroku: What was that?!

The demon answered Miroku's question by shooting out from within his hiding spot in his previous form of a giant snake and aimed to bite into him. Fortunatelly for Miroku InuYasha heard him and claw-swiped him. Kagome drew her bow and arrow and Sango readied her boomerang.

Shikomaru: Another damned dog! This one only half, I smell…

InuYasha: What…?

Shikomaru quickly made his eyes to hipnotize a member of the group. He opted for Miroku, but the Monk's spiritual energy was greater than the snake's hipnotism. Perhaps if he were in the form of a beautiful woman it might have worked. So he put that talent away and smiled.

--What's so funny, snake? Knowing your defete lies with me? Don't worry-I won't kill you until you tell us where Naraku is hiding.

Kagome: (Stupid…)

Shikomaru: I actually don't have any intention of either of those two ideas, half-dog. I already took care of a full dog and now my prey shall be you. I would really like to eat something not poluted.

InuYasha got an annoyed yet confused look on his face. A full dog? Did that mean he killed Sesshomaru? He would find out sooner or later, he guessed. Shikomaru lunged fangs out at InuYasha and Sango whirrled her Hiraikotsu at him, knocking him into the trees.

Shikomaru: Detestable Human!

Sango: Damned Incarnation!

Sango's boomerang whirrled back but Shikomaru hit it into the deep forest with a swipe of his tail and laughed.

Shikomaru: Perhaps it is time to teach a human to play fetch, eh?

Sango: Why you wretched beast!

Miroku: Allow me, Sango. Wind Tunnel!

Shikomaru: What magic is this?

Shikomaru took a defensive coil and hissed out some of his pewtrid acid for the Wind Tunnel to catch. As if it were the poison insects themselves the snakes venom poisoned Miroku and his Wing Tunnel ceased.

Miroku: What is this? It's like those insects-I've been poisoned…

Kagome: No, Miroku are you serious?

Shippo: If that snake has poison like those insects do Miroku's done for! I think we might be as well.

InuYasha: Not a chance! Kagome's remedies are powerful enough to counteract anything he can throw at us.

Shikomaru: You assume so much and to be wrong, Half-Dog! I, Shikomaru, can extract death beyond that of any remedy!

InuYasha: Is that right? Well forgive me if I don't allow you to prove it!

InuYasha unsheethed Tetsusaiga and ran straight for him Windscar ready.

--Have a taste of my Windscar!!

The vibrant light of the Windscar engulfed Shikomaru but the snake made a barrier similar to that of Naraku's and the Windscar could not penetrate.

InuYasha: Damn! He's got the same barrier that thwarted my Tetsusaiga on Naraku!

Shikomaru: Yes, you insolent half-dog. I'm glad you are finally getting the hint that I am stronger than you. And as for that girl…the one who can make an antidote…it's obvious she must die.

Shikomaru whipped around InuYasha who claw-swiped him but the snake hardly wavered.

InuYasha: Don't you touch her!

But Shikomaru reached Kagome, who had her arrows ready and fired at him, however he managed to recourse it by shooting out his poisonous acid. As the arrow went astray Shikomaru bit into Kagome's arm.

Shikomaru: This girl will not be able to save you, or herself, for that matter!

Kagome: InuYasha!

InuYasha: You Bastard!

InuYasha lept for him claws borne and was about to tear the vicious snake abart when Sango's boomerang crashed into Shikomaru's serpent head, knocking him to the ground. The boomerang was thrown by Sesshomaru, who was showing more extensive signs of the snakes poisoning.

Miroku: It's Sesshomaru…what's he doing here?

Shikomaru: Damn a dog's nose. I thought I lost you.

Sesshomaru: You have earned a slow and painful death. Had you not run away like a coward I might have made it quick.

The humiliated snake managed to once again turn into his human-like form and crawled on his knees to Sesshomaru who threw the boomerang over his right shoulder. Then Shikomaru laughed.

Shikomaru: I know I won't be killed. Not by you. Someone here wants to know the whereabouts of Naraku's castle and they need me to tell them where it is. Isn't that right? Yes.

There was no point in denying it for InuYasha and his group, however Sesshomaru let on no such care.

Sesshomaru: I don't care who wants you alive or for what purpose. I don't want to find Naraku, I just want to kill you.

Shikomaru suddenly felt his future going no further than that moment.

Shikomaru: No, wait!

Sesshomaru swung the boomerang at him again, but Shikomaru spoke befor he was crushed.

---He's in the Northern Lands!

Sesshomaru stopped the weapon.

---Only three miles north from here you'll find a road that splits to the right and to the left. You'll probably smell it but take the right way. I've told you what you wanted to know, damned beast. Now release me!

Sesshomaru: But I didn't ask for what you knew.

Shikomaru: Huh?

Sesshomaru: They did.

Shikomaru: NO!

Sesshomaru let out his own poison through his claws combined with the venom of Shikomaru and added it to Sango's boomerang. Shikomaru was decieved and he died having given out Naraku's whereabouts to a person who didn't ask. He had no guarantee he'd survive confessing to Sesshomaru, and he died for his stupidity.