InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shut Up ❯ Shut Up ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Author’s Note: If you people have read my other one-shot (which I highly doubt but oh well!) it has a total different writing style; I’m trying different ways. :grins: This one shot was just something I thought last night and decided to write on a piece of paper. It’s pointless and slightly fluffy; featuring Sango&Miroku. No angst, which is a good thing. I hope you enjoy it!

Disclaimer: :sighs dramatically: Alas, I do not own the show ‘InuYasha’ or any of its characters. However, I do own this one-shot; just not the characters.

~*~

Shut Up
One-Shot

~*~

Two words.

Shut.

Up.

They have different meanings when they’re separate; but when they make one phrase… People usually think they only have one implication: to stop speaking. Who would’ve thought that one boy can make a whole new meaning to those two words? My chocolate brown eyes narrowed as I looked at him from the corner of my eyes.

He continued his insane blabbering on his favorite things to do on his spare time - I groaned - like I give a damn. The autumn wind blew; ruffling my hair and blowing away my hat - which I caught just in time. My hands ever so slowly grasped my cup of hot chocolate as I took a small sip out of it; raising my eyes to meet his gaze. He noticed my intense stare and paused his chattering to flash me a cheeky grin. I sharply looked away; my ponytail whipping my face as I did so. How can his grin make my face turn so hot. . .?!

. . . And he continued on with his life story . . . That I personally didn’t care about. . .

. . . All right, that’s a lie. I cared - happy now? Inwardly snorting, I crossed my arms over my chest after slamming my cup back on the table. It’s not like he’ll ever find out that I secretly liked him for. . . Let’s say. . . Four years? Pft. He didn’t even stay devoted to one girl! How does that help encourage me to tell my true feelings for the violet eyed boy?

. . . Okay, maybe because the fact that he’s currently single.

. . . Good-looking.

. . . Smart.

. . . Charming.

Gah! Okay, he’s every guy a girl can ask for. Which is exactly why I didn’t tell him. . . - Let me rephrase that - Can’t tell him. Every girl that comes flocking towards him, he gets a free feel up her ass. Which - I narrowed my eyes dangerously - they enjoy. I paused my thoughts. Okay, some of them. Others, the smart ones, attack. Which I give props up to.

SLAP!

My bewildered eyes turned towards the bruised looking monk-in-training, apologizing over and over for his unforgivable behavior (which I had to smirk smugly at), and watch the waiter walk away huffing and puffing; muttering things under her breath about nowadays customers. “Ha,” I said; complacency lacing with my words. “Serves you right, pervert. Can you try not to feel a girl up when you see them?”

He blinked his violet eyes at me innocently (I snorted - like I’m going to fall for that), and his eyes gleaming. I blinked at that, surprised. “Hm, I knew that would get your attention.” He smirked triumphant. I blinked (again) stupefied. My attention? Pft, he had my attention all along. . . !

. . . Yeah, and I’m secretly a dragon with my scaled tail in my pants.

“What do you need my attention for?” I asked; letting annoyance show through my face. Hey, no one ever said that I had to be nice to the guy I liked. I have my good times and bad. . . Right now it’s in between. Miroku grinned happily (only God knows why), and abruptly stood up. I watched him with a flat face.

“Since you don’t want to listen to my stories,” . . . That took very long for him to figure that out. I rolled my eyes, but stood my place on the chair. “We’re going to go somewhere else!” He smiled his “charming” smile; but I also noticed the hint of nervousness in his eyes. I eyed him wryly but stood up and followed him.

Dear Lord, I think I just signed my death wish.

“Where are we. . . ?”

“You’ll find you, dear Sango.” He said in a rather mischievous way. I blew out my cheeks rather dramatically (not noticing his hands slipping into mines) and led the way to his car.

His beaten up car.

I eyed the piece of metal in distaste. Why he got this thing in exchange for his other car (and it was a nice, non-beaten up car too!) no one will ever know. In fact, I don’t think that he’s sure himself. . . . At least that’s what I think. I said that, right?

He led me to the passenger seat - even opened the door for me - before he went to the driver’s seat; which I found totally sweet. . . . Not like I’ll ever voice that thought out loud, or anything. I felt him take my hand into his and squeeze tightly.

- - - ! ?

Huh? I turned my head sharply towards him, a tinge of pink on my cheeks, and saw that his eyes were on the road. My jaw opened and closed. Err…

“Sango. . .” He began quietly; seriously.

I gulped and wiped my free hand on my jeans; ignoring the wind beating my hair merciless from the open window. “Yes. . .?” I murmur breathlessly. Is it just me or was my heart beating ten times faster then it usually does?

. . .

“Sango. . . I know that you don’t take interest in guys like me,” He sighed dramatically. I almost fell over when he said that. Lord, how wrong he was about that fact. “But, I really need to tell you to get something off my chest,” He said quietly. He parked his car in the parking lot of a park and got out; I followed suit.

I don’t even think I was breathing at all when he led me under a Sakura tree and sat down; motioning for me to do the same. I don’t even think that I was blinking when he pulled me into a tight hug. But all I knew was, I fell in love all over again with Miroku when he pulled me in for a mind blowing kiss.

And yes, my heart stopped beating.

. . . Or it skipped a beat or something.

But I wasn’t even sure if that statement was true until today.

He pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine; I was fairly sure that my face was going to burst from being too red. I licked my lips unconsciously and locked eyes with his violet depths. My face held a questioning look. “Mi. . . Miroku. . . ?”

“I love you, Sango,” He confessed and looked down. I blinked.

Once.

Twice.

Three times.

Did Miroku Houshi. . . Just confess his love for me? My shocked eyes scanned his defeated looking form; probably waiting for the insult I was going to give him. But instead of that, I brought his face up to face mine, and sent him a small smile.

Yes. I was pretty sure that my heart was jumping up and down with joy right now.

“Don’t hate me Sango,” He all but whispered into my ear when I didn’t reply to his confession. He was about to stand up, but I pulled him back down and wrapped my arms around his form. He was shocked; I was sure.

“Shut up, Miroku,” I whispered fondly. He stiffened. “I love you, too.”