InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Fox ❯ Meetings ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: me no own so you no sue.

~*~*~*~*~

The little group was on the move again. They were weaving betwwen trees and avoiding and unnecessary fights. The castle was in view from where they were. It was a European style castle. The ones built of stone with high walls surrounding. There was a large metal gate with two guards posted inside it. The guards were heavy set bear youkia. Kagome approached confidently, her head high, and shoulders back.

"What buisness do you have here fox?"

"I had requested a audience with Lord Sesshoumaru. Such audience was granted."

"Prove it."

The messanger stepped forth and handed them the letter that Kagome had read earlier. They read over it quickly before handing it back. They stepped away from the gate as it openned. Kagome watched it.

"Shippou, do you see what has openned the gate?"

"A spell."

"What does it look like."

"Like a faint shimmer of blue around the edges"

"Your are getting better."

"I had a good teacher."

They walked in. Three more guards showed up to escort them inside. One was in the front and the other two followed behind. The entrace room had a high ceiling with a glass widow at the top. The window was stained glass with a cresent moon and other more intricant designs on it. There were large wall hanging tapestries depicting ancient battles. They came to a hall that was wide enough for six full grown adults to walk comfortably side by side. The lead guard stopped at a large western style door. A picture of a dog demon was etched into the cherry wood.

The guard knocked before openning the door. Kagome walked in. Sesshoumaru was sitting at his desk reading over some papers, a quill in hand. He signed a few and put them off to the side. So far he didn't seem to take to much notice of Kagome.

"What did you wish to speak about?"

"The town of silver foxes is in need of a lord. I would rule but I have pressing matters to attend to."

"What happened to the previous lord?"

"He was done away with after casting a spell over me."

"What are these so called pressing matters?"

"I am going after Naraku."

His reading paused at that, though he still didn't look up.

"And what reason would you have for doing so?"

"I used to travel with a small group who witnessed what he'd done. Even though I am not with them at present, I still feel I have a responsibility to help fight him."

"You are not needed to do so. I will kill Naraku and a half-breed is presently tracking him down."

"InuYasha couldn't find his way out of a card board box."

Sesshoumaru finally looked up at Kagome. He looked her over for a minute. Recognition finally passed over his face.

"You are the wench that traveled with the half-breed."

"I am not a wench! And I don't travel with him anymore."

"You will watch you tone when speaking to me!"

He stood. Kagome's guards moved in front of her.

"It is fine Ryu and Riku. If I can not defend myself then I don't need to fight Naraku.."

The guards stepped back. Sesshoumaru moved around his desk gracefully. He stood a couple feet away from her.

"Wench why are you not traveling with the half-breed."

"My name is Kagome. Learn it or don't talk to me."

She realized who she was talking to and what she had just said. Sesshoumaru's movement was to quick to see and his hand was at her throat. Instictively she dug her claws into his arm and started tearing at the flesh. His arms started to become coated in ice. It spread up on to his shoulder and onto his chest. Shippou jumped off Kagome's back and bit Sesshoumaru's leg. He kicked the kit against a wall. Kagome stopped squirming and looked at Shippou.

He wasn't moving. Sesshoumaru looked back to Kagome. Her eyes were bleeding red. She slowly turned her head back to him. Her face started to shift into a long muzzle. Somehow she got enough leverage to throw Sesshoumaru and herself out the window and into the courtyard. Sesshoumaru landed flat on his back causing him to lose his grip. Kagome jumped away. Ice started to form around her. It was like a giant blue crystal until it was shattered like glass when Kagome burst out of it.

She was huge, almost taking up the entire courtyard space. She stepped back into a larger part that allowed for more manuverability. Sesshoumaru drew tokijin and prepared to use his dragon strike when he heard laughing coing from around the corner. He sped off to redirect her but was stopped when a giant paw came crashing down in front of him. Kagome snapped at him and kept herself between him and Rin. Suddenly Sesshoumaru began to transform.

He lunged at Kagome, teeth ripping into her shoulder with his claws. Kagome swung around, slicing a long gash into his side. Sesshoumaru jumped at her causing them to go into a tumble. Kagome flipped on her back and threw him over head with her hind legs. He landed on his feet and was on Kagome, biting into her paw. His acidic saliva started to eat away at her fur and flesh. She shook loose and bit into the scruff of his neck and threw him. He slid into the wall surrounding the castle. The wall cracked and fell away. He shook off and stood. Kagome charged at him. Sesshoumaru duck down at the last moment causing Kagome to go up and over him

She spun around and went for him again. He met her charge with his own. They stood on hind legs clawing at eachothers flesh. Sesshoumaru headbutted her in the chin. She fell on to her back. Sesshoumaru grabbed her throat and started biting down. She flailed and scratched at his legs. He bit harder and growled deep in his throat. Kagome finally calmed down and shifted back to human form. Sesshoumaru did so shortly after. Kagome lay unconcious on the ground. Her guards rushed out with Shippou and stood beside her. Shippou looked down to Kagome. She opened her eyes slowly to look at him.

"Your wounds are already healed."

Sesshoumaru looked at his own wounds. The bleeding had stopped but they were a long way from being completely healed. A day, two at the most. Rin came running over to him. She hid behind Sesshoumaru and looked at Kagome. Kagome sat up and looked right back.

"Rin's name is Rin. What's yours?"

"Kagome."

~*~*~*~*~

R & R!!! Plz...