InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Simply in Love ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

InvincibleInuYasha: Okay, I noticed something. It seems I've been writing less and less wtih each chapter. I'll try to write more this chapter. But thing is, now I'm writing at school. I don't like writing by hand and then typing, but I get bored in study hall. So it'll take a long time to just get one chapter done. Okay, so I'm going to write now, please enjoy, and forgive me if I don't write a lot. I'm sorry. Oh yeah, and I went to California, and the room where my comp is was being remodeled, so no internet. Read and review, I feel sad when nobody writes to tell me what they think of my fic. *sob*

Disclaimer: Fishsticks! Inu Yasha doesn't belong to me!!! And the house was made of healthy snacks and pizza! (If you know what I'm talking about, you get a cookie)

Chapter Four

Kagome was close to tears at the sight of Inu Yasha, rips across his skin, blood dripping freely from the soaked robe that was wrapped around him. Sango stared in shock at the sight. Blood was pooling on the floor, Inu Yasha was over Miroku's shoulder. Miroku was panting for air, since he had run all the way to the house with Inu Yasha on his back, "Hurry, h-help him qu-quickly." Shippo, with tears running down his face, ran out of the house to call for help. Miroku and Kagome eased Inu Yasha to the ground. Kagome choked back a sob at the sight of Inu Yasha's face, a huge black bruise covering his cheek, a trickle of blood coming from his mouth and head.

Shippo came back with about six men and women who all gathered around Inu Yasha in a panic. Some of them were shocked to discover that this human was actually the half demon who had saved their village earlier. One of the women led Kagome away, and another with Sango. The woman with Kagome said, "You don't need to do anything now, you're in shock. But don't you worry, we'll take care of him." Kagome was in tears now. Sango was still stunned. What could have done this to Inu Yasha? Even in his human form, Inu Yasha was usually able to evade danger.

A few minutes later, Miroku came out with Shippo on his shoulder. He had changed into a robe that one of the villagers had given him. Kagome ran up to him and asked, "What happened? What did this to Inu Yasha!?" Miroku sighed shakily, still stirred from the amount of blood that was spewing from his best friend, "A demon, similar to the one that we fought last week, was rampaging in the forest and heading towards the village. This one seemed to be stronger than the last. The Tetsusaiga couldn't even scratch the skin. But he continued to fight and he got angry and jumped a little too high. Then the sun set, he began to fall, and the demon took it's chance and hit Inu Yasha. You can tell the severity of the blow from the wounds. Afterwards I used the Wind Tunnel to get rid of the demon, but Inu Yasha was badly injured. I didn't really know what to do, so I came here quickly." Sango looked at Miroku worriedly, "Did you damage the Wind Tunnel at all by bringing in such a large demon?" Miroku lifted his hand so he could examine it, "No. At least, I didn't feel or see anything wrong with it. But since it was such a big demon, it drained my energy a little bit."

Kagome continued to cry softly, with Shippo doing the same in her arms. Sango came up to Miroku and said, "I'm glad you're safe." Miroku smiled softly and wrapped his arms around her carefully. A while later, one of the women came from the house. The bottom half of her sleeves were covered in blood and Kagome cringed at the sight. But she had a smile on her face when she went up to Kagome, "The boy will be okay. We just finished wrapping him up, so he should be fine. He woke up in the middle and asked for you, but he slipped back into unconsciousness right after. I suggest you stay near him in case he wants to see you again." Kagome, and the rest of them, smiled in relief. Inu Yasha was going to be okay!

Kagome ran back to the house to see Inu Yasha, Shippo in her arms. Sango and Miroku lagged behind on their way back. Sango said, "So, the demon that attacked Inu Yasha was nearly the same as the demon we fought earlier, right?" Miroku nodded, "Yes. Except this one was much stronger, even without the jewel shards. I was surprised at its power. At that moment, I really thought that we'd lose Inu Yasha..."

When they got back to the house, Kagome was already asleep, Shippo curled up beside her. Inu Yasha was lying on another bed, bandaged from his waist to under his arms. There were smaller bandages on his face and his left arm was wrapped in a splint similar to Sango's. Blood was barely seeping though the bandages. Miroku sighed in relief. Sure, he was sliced up and bruised up a bit, but Inu Yasha would be fine eventually. Actually, it would be much easier to get by the time it took for Sango to recover if Inu Yasha were to remain in this vegative state. Miroku mentally kicked himself at the thought, 'Inu Yasha nearly dies and I'm thinking it's a good thing. Some friend I am, ha!'

Inu Yasha's eyelids fluttered open and he groaned in pain. He moaned woefully, "Why does it hurt so much?" Sango looked at him pitifully, "It only feels worse because you're in your human form. But by sunrise you'll be feeling much better." Inu Yasha turned his head and struggled to sit up, but grunte when he realized his arm was bandaged and it and his side were searing in pain. He let himself back down and turned his head. Seeing that Kagome was sleeping and safe, he relaxed. Then he asked, "So, what exactly happened? I don't really remember anything..."

Miroku explained the whole situation, describing the demon and the battle in great detail. When he finished, Sango added, "I think there are more. It's possibly a large group. I don't think we've seen the last of them. We'll have to fight them when we have recovered. But you can't use the Tetsusaiga, Inu Yasha. You've already proven that is has little or no affect on them." Inu Yasha said, "Okay. Fine. But I'm going back to sleep, I'm tired and in pain, so leave me alone." Miroku chuckled. Inu Yasha could still be an arrogant jerk despite the pain he was going through. Inu Yasha was asleep in moments and Miroku stretched out himself,"We should get some rest. Inu Yasha will be quite cranky come sunrise."

The sun rose and Miroku's theory was proven correct. Inu Yasha, white haired and dog-eared, was yelling as he flung the sheets off of himself, "Dammit, Kagome! I'm fine! I don't need to lay around inside!" He shoved himself off the bed but winced and grabbed his shoulder, "Ow!" Kagome said, "See!? You're not okay! Stay in bed for one more day at least, let your wounds heal! I already had to change your bandages three times in the past hour because you can't stop moving around!" Inu Yasha pouted and muttered, "I can't take this sitting around." Kagome looked at him pitifully, "I'm sorry. I know you don't like it, but it's for your own good. You'll heal faster, and you'll spend less time sitting around." Inu Yasha rolled his eyes and fell back down onto the bed, rolling over on his good side, "Leave me to suffer by myself." Kagome shook her head and giggled. She got up and walked out of the house, almost running into Miroku.

Miroku asked, "How's Inu Yasha holding up?" Kagome sighed, "He's whining like a puppy, of course. He doesn't want to sit still." Miroku chuckled, "I thought as much." Inu Yasha shouted from inside, "I heard that!" Kagome ignored Inu Yasha's shout and asked, "So, where's Sango?" Miroku said, "She's by the river with Shippo and Kilala. I came here to check on Inu Yasha and get a lunch." Kagome nodded, "Okay. I think I have something in my bag if you want to check. I'll stay here and take care of Inu Yasha." Miroku said, "Thank you, Kagome." And he went inside.

Ignoring Inu Yasha, Miroku entered the room and opened Kagome's big yellow backpack. Inu Yasha growled, "What are you looking through Kagome's bag for, monk?" Miroku mumbled, "Food." Inu Yasha sighed, "Oh." Miroku found a lunchbox filled with sandwiches and a large container of fruit juice. He took it and got up, "You seem upset Inu Yasha." Inu Yasha rolled his eyes, "Ya think? I got the shit beat outta me, almost died, I can't move... Of course I'm pissed off." Miroku smiled, "Well, it will only take a few more days for you to heal." Inu Yasha said, "Whatever. Leave me alone, I want to sleep." Miroku shrugged, "Okay. I'll see you later, Inu Yasha."

But Miroku stopped himself, "Ah, Inu Yasha?" Inu Yasha grunted, "Whaddaya want?" Miroku said, "About the demons... did you notice anything suspicious about them?" Inu Yasha rolled over to face Miroku, careful of his wounds, and began to dig into his memory, "Well, I dunno. I think there was something but I..." The his eyes widened, "Oh yeah. When we fought the first demon, it smelled kinda like Naraku. But I figured it was just the saimyosho, so I shrugged it off. But the one we were fighting yesterday reeked of him. This has gotta be Narku's doing." Miroku said, "I don't think it is an incarnation of Naraku. Because there wasn't any miasma around as there usually is when we are up against one of them. Plus, Kagome said she sensed jewel shards in the demons. So Naraku could be controlling them like he is controlling Kohaku." Inu Yasha nodded, "Yeah, I guess so. But we can't do anything about it now. I'd rather wait until Sango is healed completely. We'll need her if there's another one of those demons. The Tetsusaiga can't cut through the demons' flesh, only Sango's Hiraikotsu." Miroku nodded, "Yes. Well, Inu Yasha, I'd better leave you be. My dear Sango awaits." Inu Yasha rolled his eyes and said sarcastically, "Whatever. Just forget about me and run off with your woman."

Miroku began the walk back to the river. Sango wanted to go far enough so she wouldn't hear the bustle of the village, and Miroku complied willingly. It was no big deal, plus it made Sango happy. Miroku figured that her ankle had healed already, since she was walking more and more everyday. And her arms were healing well. Kagome said it would only be another week or two of healing until she'd be fit enough to start traveling ad fighting again.

Miroku arrived at the clearing on the edge of the river shortly and Sango smiled at him, "Hi." Miroku sat beside her and kissed her cheek, "Hello, dear Sango. I brought some lunch, if you're hungry." He called out, "Shippo, come back with Kilala, it's time to eat." Shippo leapt out of the water, Kilala following right behind him. Sango asked, "What about Kagome and Inu Yasha?" Miroku said, "Kagome refuses to let Inu Yasha out of her sight because she wants him to heal so they stayed behind." Sango nodded, "Typical of Kagome to make him stay. Ha!" Miroku unpacked the sandwiches and was about to bite into his when a screaming roar ripped through the air. Terrified birds swooped from their trees, away from the origin of the sound.

Miroku looked over the trees and said, "Oh no. Not another one." Sango gasped as she saw the huge beast, plates lining its back and scales gleaming in the sun. It raised its head up in the air and shot a steady stream of flame from its throat. Miroku got up and picked up Sango, "Come on. We have to get away." Shippo and Kilala followed him at his heels. But the monster had caught their scent and began charging towards them. Miroku shouted, "Kilala!" The small cat transformed into its great twotail fire cat, the heat drying her fur quickly in steam. Miroku placed Sango on the cat carefully, "Go back to the village. I'll take care of the demon." Before Sango could protest, a giant claw swiped at them, knocking down trees. Kilala had leapt into the air, away from the danger. Miroku jumped out of the way, grabbing Shippo in the process. They got up and Shippo cried, "But I'm too little to fight!" Miroku said, "You'll have to try. This one looks stronger than the others." Shippo stared at the monster in terror.

Miroku pulled out several sacred sutras and shouted, throwing them at the beast. They were very affective, burning deep holes in the flesh. Shippo leapt into the air and pulled a top out of his shirt, "Magic Top!" He threw it high about the monster's head and released its power. The top grew to an enormous size, crashing down on the monster and drilling it closer to the ground. Miroku said, "Good job Shippo!" He ran towards the beast and stabbed his staff through the demon's snount. The beast roared in pain as the top drilled a small hole in its head, creating a huge headache, and Miroku staff jabbed through its nose. It struggled to get up, but the force that the staff's pure power contained made it nearly powerless. In a last effort to stop some of the pain, the monster raised its claw and turned it into a fist. It crept slowly up to Shippo who was scared of what the beast might do. It stopped in front of Shippo and he watched apprehensively. Suddenly, the claws flicked out, slamming Shippo into the river.

Miroku watched where Shippo landed and unwrapped his Wind Tunnel, holding it towards the huge demon. The demon put up no fight as it was swept into the Wind Tunnel. A saimyosho quickly flew down and plucked a shiny jewel shard from the beast, flying away just as fast to avoid being trapped in the Wind Tunnel. The demon's tail lashed in the quickly changing air currents and it was sucked into Miroku's hand. Miroku coved the Wind Tunnel and wrapped it with the prayer beads, wincing slightly as he did so. Then he looked back at the river.

Shippo was crying softly as he crawled up on a flat rock. Miroku sighed in relief and said, "Are you okay Shippo?" Shippo nodded, but he held his right hand gingerly. Shippo leapt on the rocks across the river and wiped the tears from his eyes, "I hit my wrist and it hurts really bad!" He started to wail loudly and Miroku spoke loudly over his cries, "Shippo! Don't worry, Kagome will take care of it!" But Shippo continued sobbing.

Miroku grunted stressfully and opened the little lunch box and his eyes lit up. His hand swept inside and snatched something. He held it behind his back and said, "Shippo, I've got a surprise!" Shippo looked up at the monk in pure fear. With Miroku, a surprise could be anything. Miroku whipped his hand out from behind his back and revealed a big chocolate bar, "I'll give you this if you stop crying!" Shippo silenced himself immediately. Mirkou smirked at how easy it was to get Shippo to shut up. Kagome should bring more of these sweet delicacies back to this time. He gave the bar of chocolate Shippo who tore it oen with his teeth and bit off a large chunk of the chocolate. Miroku was glad that Shippo had shut up, but he was hurt. Kagome would have to check on his hand when they got back. As for Sango, miroku was sure Kilala brought her back safely. The cat demon would risk her life if it would mean for Sango's safety.

They trudged on to the village and Shippo was silent except for slurping noises he made he was licked the chocolate off his lips ineffectively. The sun was sinking low, going behind the distant mountains. They entered the hut and Sango ran up to Miroku, and Kagome scooped up Shippo into her arms. Kagome babied Shippo, listened to his story, and began treating his sprained wrist. Sango asked Miroku, "Are you okay?" Miroku smiled, "Of course. I eat demons like that for breakfast." Sango smiled, Miroku's humor abating all worry she had. Miroku hugged her and said, "Inu Yasha said all of those demons smelled of Naraku. They are being controlled by him. And there was a saimyosho there which took the sacred jewel shard from the demon's body as I was taking it into the Wind Tunnel." Sango said, "You took it into the Wind Tunnel?"

Sango was worried again. Miroku, time and again, tried to be valient and risk his life too often by using the Wind Tunnel. "Miroku, that's dangerous. You know you can't use your Wind Tunnel too much. I don't want to lose you." She rested her head against his chest and sighed, "Please, don't use it again. I always get scared for you." Miroku said, "Okay. I won't use it if you don't want me to." Inu Yasha smirked, "Oi! Miroku, Sango! Get a room!" Kagome hid her face as she began to giggle, but Shippo burst out laughing. Sango blushed and Miroku said something that made her face turn into a tomato, "Okay, fine, we will." Everyone shut up as Miroku led Sango out of the room. Miroku stuck his head back in a winked before running back out.

Inu Yasha raised an eyebrow and asked to noone in particular, "Ya think Miroku's gonna get some tonight?"


InvincibleInuYasha: Hehehe... I'm so mean. Ah, now I'm going to leave you all for a few days (cuz of Thanksgiving) so you can sit by your computer and wait for an update! Muahahahaha! Actually, I hadn't planned this, btu I figured the fic was getting a bit too blah. Anyway, to make myself sound nicer, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! As for me, my mom's side of the family will be coming over and we're gonna have one helluva Colombian party!!!! WOOOO! lol. Anyway, I'll update maybe next week, if I don't get my comp privileges taken away again. So, it's your job to R&R! I want 5 or no update! Muahaha! Well, since holiday season is coming upon us, I'll make it 3. Not too hard people, not too hard. Bye!