InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Slumber ❯ Slumber ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The rain came down in soft torrents, making a light rapping on the roof of the small shack.
 
Inside the building resided two teenage boys. Both were sleeping on their own respective futons, oblivious to the grey weather.
 
Slowly, sleep began to escape from the older boy. Jakotsu kept his eyes closed, not really wanting to wake up.
 
“Mou… it is too early,” he said, opening his eyes and noticing how dark it was outside. Deciding that he was most likely not going to be able to fall back asleep, he glanced over at his companion. Bankotsu was still fast asleep, curled up with his blanket, and looking quite content.
 
Jakotsu smiled. “He looks so cute like that.” Walking across the room, he sat beside Bankotsu's futon and gave the younger boy a slight shake. “Come on, Aniki. Wake up now,” he said.
 
“Wha?” Bankotsu looked up at Jakotsu with bleary, sleep-filled eyes. “Is something wrong?”
 
Jakotsu shook his head. “Naw, I just couldn't get back to sleep…”
 
Bankotsu sent his friend a glare before rolling over and pulling his blanket up to his chin. “Go find something else to do, then. I want to sleep.”
 
Jakotsu pouted slightly, and then shoved Bankotsu over on the futon. “Fine,” he said, lying down next to Bankotsu, who responded with nothing more than some incoherent muttering. Jakotsu grinned a bit and sleep once again beckoned him. As they lay there in slumber, the rain outside sang a soft lullaby to the sleeping boys.