InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots of Life After the End ❯ Story-time ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to IB4Y on May 21, 2012 for I-Prompt #18A, a picture of Inuyasha holding Tessaiga on Miroku while his staff is on the ground behind him. Won 2nd place.

Title: Story-time
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Genre: Family/Friendship
Universe: Post-Canon
Word Count: 453
Summary: It's story-time and Miroku is happy to oblige. But he should be more careful about what he says when others could be listening.

----------------------


“Daddy, Daddy tell us a story.”

“Yeah, story, please Daddy.”

Miroku opened his eyes from where he had been meditating and smiled at his daughters, his son toddling along behind them. “Well how can I refuse a request like that, especially from such beautiful little ladies.” The twins giggled. “Which story should I tell? About the oni, or the tanuki, or-”

“No, none of those.”

“Tell us how you met Uncle Inu.”

“Are you sure you wouldn't rather hear one of the others?”

“No, tell us about meeting Uncle Inu.”

“Okay then.” Miroku briefly scanned the area and sighed in relief when he sensed no sign of the hanyou. He smirked, that would leave him able to tell the story his own way.

“Well, it begins with when I noticed your Aunt Kagome had a large shard of the Shikon no Tama...” The children eagerly sat beside him, enraptured as he spun the tale.

“And so I had Inuyasha unarmed, my Shakujou pointed at his throat and ready to strike-”

“Keh, that's not how I remember it at all bouzu,” Inuyasha's voice rang through the air, interrupting Miroku's story and causing the small group to jump.

Miroku looked guiltily at his friends as Kagome giggled behind her hand. He had been so engrossed in his story-telling that he had forgotten to be on the lookout for his friend. He tried to rectify the situation. “I'm sure you're just misremembering things Inuyasha, after all, it was a long time ago.”

“Feh. I remember things fine. It's you who has the problem. As I recall I was winning our little fight and had disarmed you with my Tessaiga when you cheated.”

“Using the Kazaana hardly counts as cheating, it was a valid weapon against youkai.”

“Keh!”

“Oh calm down Inuyasha. It's not like I haven't heard you embellishing your own battles to Jomei and he can't even understand what you're talking about yet,” Kagome told her husband as she bounced the giggling baby in her arms.

“Keh!”

“Ooh, Daddy lied.”“Not supposed to lie Daddy.”

“I'm telling Mommy,” the girls spoke in unison.

Miroku groaned before trying to placate his daughters.

Kagome laughed. “Give it up Miroku. You should know by now not to get in trouble with females, even if they are your daughters. Especially if they're your daughters because they'll just relay it to Sango anyway.”

Miroku looked to his son. “At least I can count on you.”

The boy looked up at his father and smiled. “Bad Daddy.”

Miroku merely palmed his face. “I am so misunderstood.”