InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots of Life After the End ❯ Not Worth Fighting Over ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to Issekiwa on May 24, 2012 for Prompt #150 Pick and Choose. Won 1st place.

Title: Not Worth Fighting Over
Author: ananova
Rating: K+
Prompt: Pick and Choose (Issekiwa)
Genre: Romance/Hurt/Comfort
Word Count: 218
Warnings: None
Summary: Inuyasha finally learns to pick his battles.

---------------------


“Take that shirt off right now!”

Inuyasha sighed as he looked at Kagome's determined face. Over the years they had been together, first looking for shards and Naraku and later married, he had learned to pick and choose his fights. Especially with her. Right now it wasn't worth it to argue with her. No matter how he argued that he was fine and she didn't need to worry, he would end up complying in the end. He might as well save himself the trouble. He complied with a wince, the movement stretching the wound on his side.

Gentle hands joined his, helping to ease first the haori, then the kosode off. Kaagome released a hiss as she saw the size of the wound. “Just a scratch, huh?” she said as she began to carefully clean and bandage the wound.

“Feh, stop worrying woman. I've had worse.” But he made no movement to halt her actions.

Kagome paused to stare into his eyes. “I'll never stop worrying about you,” she said, one hand rising to cup his cheek. His own rose to cover it as she continued. “Just as I know that you'll never stop protecting me.”

Inuyasha closed the difference between them. “Never,” he whispered before claiming her lips with his own.