InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots of Life After the End ❯ Warming the Bed Up ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on May 29, 2012 for Prompt #287 Cold and won 1st place.

Title: Warming the Bed Up
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Prompt: Cold (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: Romance
Word Count: 250
Summary: Post-Canon. Kagome and Inuyasha spend their first New Moon together after her return.

-------------------------


Kagome lay down on the futon and watched her husband pace around the hut. An amused look crossed her face as she watched her currently human husband stoke the fire then check the door and windows. “Come to bed Inuyasha,” she called, shifting position slightly to a more inviting pose. But the hanyou-turned-human didn't even spare her a glance.

“Not tired,” he replied gruffly.

Kagome rolled her eyes. “But I'm so cold.”

“Then pull the blanket over you.”

Kagome stared at him incredulously. Was he really being that dense? “I don't want a blanket,” she pouted at him.

“Then don't complain that you're cold. I'm not complaining.”

She scowled at him. “Fine,” she huffed,and rolled over, turning her back.

The movement finally drew Inuyasha's attention and his eyes widened as he saw her retying her yukata. Realization filled him and he dropped to his knees beside the futon. He placed a hand on her shoulder, wincing when she shrugged it off and laid back down. “I'm sorry Kagome.”

“Hmph!”

“You know I don't like this night, I hate feeling defenseless. Don't have a lot of good memories associated with it.”

She looked at him. “I know, that's why I was trying to give you some good ones. But since you want to be a baka instead-”

He cut her off with a kiss. And neither had any reason to complain about the cold for the rest of the night.