InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Snapshots of Life After the End ❯ Dinnertime? ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on July 17, 2012 for Prompt #292 Misshapen.

Title: Dinnertime?
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Prompt: Misshapen (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: Romance
Word Count: 245
Summary: Kagome's first attempt to cook after returning to the past and marrying Inuyasha.

A/N: I know this has been done before. I've tried to make mine original. Any similarity to any other work is not intentional.

--------------------------

Kagome sighed as she looked at the misshapen Onigiri. Unused to cooking over a fire, she had undercooked the rice resulting in a gooey mess. Attempts to roll the rice into balls resulted in the lumpy creations sitting before her. Another sigh escaped her as one of the Onigiri simply collapsed before her eyes, unable to maintain it's shape. Times like this made her miss her old camping gear.

A clawed hand reached out and snatched one of the more solid looking balls of rice. She looked up in time to see Inuyasha pop into his mouth and watched as he chewed it for a few moments before swallowing. Hard. “It's good,” he said after a moment.

Kagome lightly swatted at his shoulder. “No it's not, it's a mess and you know it.” She shot him a look. “Since when do you spare my feelings over my cooking anyway?”

“What? So it's a little undercooked. It still tastes alright. Kinda hard to ruin rice to the point that I won't eat it.”

“You've got a point,” she conceded, a wry smile forming. “You'll eat almost anything.”

“Keh!” Inuyasha smirked as he wrapped his arms around her from behind, pulling her to his chest. “Besides,” he whispered, breath tickling her ear. “I'm more hungry for you than the rice.” With her giggles filling his ears, he lifted her into his arms and carried her to the bedroom.