InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Some people need a push ❯ Unexpected ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Unexpected
 
Naraku's Castle
Battle with Naraku
 
 
“Child, do you honestly think that you can defeat me where not even the great Sesshomaru, Lord of the West, Inu no Taisho, could not?”
 
“I don't think, dumb ass, I know. You don't stand a chance against me; I have completely different methods than you do. I mean, seriously, your pants are still smoldering.”
 
“I did not expect you to use such methods against me, but now I do expect it. You will not surprise me again.”
 
“What could you do to me? You are not a youkai exterminator, you have no spiritual powers… you are, in fact, insignificant. Being able to conjure fire is a nice parlor trick, but it will not save you.”
 
“Why are we having this conversation again?” Ayame leaned over to Kouga, but her whisper was heard throughout the room.
 
“Naraku, you should just give up. You have no idea what I am capable of; you do not even know what I am. Besides the fact that, at the moment, you are sorely outnumbered, I don't have to take care not to spend my energy levels anymore, which means I can bring out the big guns. Do you remember when your lackeys were sunk into the ground while we were on our way here? Do you remember the orange miasma that turned them to dust? Those were mine. And they were pretty weak, too. Pre-made crap usually is…”
 
“Is it really necessary to babble to this… thing? Can't we just kill him and get it over with?” Inuyasha hefted the Tetsusaiga, and Sesshomaru grimaced.
 
“Impatient as always, Inuyasha. Let Jan have her moment of monologue with the enemy. I have doubts as to whether she has had the opportunity before or ever will after.”
 
“Shuddup, bastard. I want to kill it for making Kagome feel the way she has all this time. Not to mention the fact that I was stuck to a tree for fifty years… I have major scores to settle with Naraku, and I want them to be settled. Now.”
 
“I, as well, have a score to settle with that abomination, but I have the decency to allow Jan her talk with him before he is torn to pieces, slowly and painfully. He did kidnap Rin, if you remember correctly.”
 
“You just want to give her the chance to talk with him because you're sweet on her.”
 
“What, precisely, is that supposed to mean, baka?”
 
“Exactly what it was: you like her… you really like her… dare I say, you are considering a new mother for your delicate little daughter?”
 
“Must you torment this Sesshomaru so with your delusions?” Sesshomaru turned slightly away from Inuyasha, then said, “She has to go back to her time, anyway. Not to mention the fact that she lives in another country. And the fact that she is considered too young to be married, or take care of eleven-year-old children… or leave her `college'… or…”
 
“Yeah, I get it, she's too young. She lives in a completely different time. Your blood decided to choose her as your mate, and you have absolutely no idea what to do about it. Because she could turn you into a toad with a wave of her hand, in the blink of an eye, without even thinking about it…”
 
“Says the living crater-maker. I have seen some of the `potholes' on the paths you travel frequently on. Surprising, how many of them look like your outline…”
 
“Okay, boys, I'm done exchanging pleasantries. You can attack now. Gods, this guy is boring! He has no idea of how bad guys are supposed to act.” Jan stepped back. “Sic `em.”
 
The Inuyasha grinned, and both he and his brother hefted their swords. Moving together, they attacked Naraku from both sides. The demon stepped back. Weapons that looked made of bone appeared.
 
Naraku maneuvered so that he was facing the both brothers at the same time. He took a swipe at Inuyasha. Sesshomaru parried his attack with the Tojikin, his other hand bringing a whip of pure youki to Naraku's face. The whip, fatal to most demons, scored a deep gash across Naraku's cheek, but did little to hinder him. The enemy leapt back, and returned on the offensive, rushing at Sesshomaru and his brother. The two inu-youkai separated and came together, with Naraku between their swords.
 
Jan blinked, then rubbed her eyes. `Did he just… split in half and reassemble himself?' Naraku was unhurt, as far as she could see. Even the gash on his face was gone. `You can't defeat an enemy like that! Naraku cannot be killed…'
 
 
“Kagome! Kagome! Help!”
 
The teen looked up. “What's wrong, Shippo?”
 
“That cat's gonna eat me!”
 
“I doubt it, Shippo. You should try to just get to know him… Bouyo's not that bad.”
 
“He keeps growling at me!”
 
Kagome tried hard not to laugh. “Cats don't growl, Shippo. They hiss when they're angry.”
 
Shippo put his hands on his hips in an imitation of Kagome's posture when she would scold him. “Then what do you call that noise she keeps making?”
 
“If it sounds anything like a growl, it's probably purring. Cats tend to do that when they're happy,”
 
“Kilalla doesn't.”
 
“Kilalla's different, Shippo. You should know that as well as I do; she's tai-youkai.”
 
“Really?” Shippo's face took on the look of a perplexed child. “I didn't know that.”
 
Kagome couldn't stifle her laugh anymore. “You would be surprised at what Kilalla hides from you…”
 
“But… why would she carry Sango around on her back if she's tai-youkai?”
 
“Kilalla has been taking care of Sango's family for generations. You shouldn't be surprised that she would stay with Sango to make sure she is all right.
 
NOT COMPLETED! WILL BE COMPLETED SOMETIME IN AUGUST, MAYBE…