InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ STF: Special Task Force : Japan ❯ The Grid :: PART 4 :: Pointing in the Right Direction ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I looked around my house. Everyone wanted to chip in and find Inuyasha.

The forensics lab currently had control of my house. Sango, Kirara, and Shippo were trying to track Inuyasha's scent through the woods. And Miroku was going through Sat-LINK images to see if he could find anything.

He suddenly stood up. "Hay, remember that jewel I was talking about?"

"Yah." I said, leaning over his shoulder.

"Alright, I found this page about a terrorist group who calls themselves `The Third Eye'. Their symbol can be viewed here." He said clicking on a link. The he pointed to the spray painted image on my wall. "And it can be viewed quicker other here."

I nodded. The Third Eye were very well known to me. I've dealt with them in the past many times. They were responsible for my final Hartford shootout. "So they tagged it. Possible ransom?"

"Maybe." He concluded.

I nodded. "Ok." I raised my voice, turning around to face the crowd of people.

"Guys, we have two full days before IA is going to be sniffing around! If we are going to do this, I need answers, and I need them now!"

"Shippo's got something!" Sango called from the forest behind my house.

I grabbed a flashlight off my desk, taking off and meeting them there.

"What do you have?"

"Found this." He said, pointing to a fiber on a branch. Red.

"Get me forensics over here!" I yelled.

-----------------

I sat in the briefing room. Sat-LINK images Miroku had pulled up on the large screen in front of me. I looked at it. Studied it. I circled in red where the fiber had been found.

"So they took him this way… they covered their tracks."

I pulled up a map of the city on the screen.

"Ok, Tokyo heights - bombed." I circled it. The circled my house. "My house, attacked. Inu's house attacked along with Kagome's." I circled all those places.

"There is something missing." I studied the map. All of my past run-ins with them was always geographical. Some sort of symbol.

"The restaurant shooting!" I said, circling it.

I began to play connect the dots, only to realize that it created an arrow.

It pointed to an abandoned house.

-----------