InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ STF: Special Task Force : Japan ❯ The Grid :: PART 6 :: The NOSTRA Building and Nina ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Son of a bitch." Inuyasha groaned. He opened his eyes only to realize he was tied to a wall. Not, tied, chained.

My strength won't get me out of this one.

"It's good to see you are awake." A voice laughed.

----------------

I sat in my car with Kagome in the passenger seat, eyeing all the weapons in the back seat and the cargo bay.

"Where did you get all these?" She asked.

"Called in a few favors. Since SWAT wouldn't come along again, my team will have to do."

"Bryan, where is this place again?" Sango asked over the radio. I eyed the car following us. It's lights flashing as well.

"The NOSTRA building."

"NOSTRA?!" Sango yelled.

"Yah, I know. You have a bone to pick with them."

"Hell yah, I do!"

"Here's your chance. It's off the charts."

"Good."

I put the radio down, killing my flashers as Sango did the same. We stopped in front of the NOSTRA building. "Ready to raise hell?" I asked as everyone strapped their gear on. Miroku came up beside us, his own little armed force in a way.

The building was closed down. Perfect time for a raid.

"Ok, stay in contact at all times. Use your silenced firearms until we get into a major fire fights. Hide all bodies until then as well. Split into groups of two. Sango and Miroku, you guys in go back. Kagome and me will take the front. I called in one more favor. When we get Inuyasha out, a chopper will be waiting on the roof. It currently sits at two clicks east."

I sighed.

"If something should happen to me… when you are ready for the chopper say "Kyoko" in to your radio. He'll be here in three seconds. And remember, Fight as you train. Train as you fight."

Sango and Miroku took off running for the back of the building. I looked to Kagome.

"Ready to play their game?"

She cocked her weapon. "We just changed the rules."

--------

Upstairs

--------

"Naraku, what are you doing here?"

"Your half brother made me an offer I couldn't refuse." He said. A smirk on his face till the gunshot went off. He looked surprised.

"Foolish demon." Sesshomaru said. Inuyasha looked up. "What is this, let me go!" He yelled.

"Stop struggling pathetic half demon." He snickered.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Before you… arrested me, I had a perfect name. Now people laugh at me."

"So?"

"You ruined me. You ruined my company!"

"You had a weapon in a school zone! Never mind the fact that you were speeding and drunk!"

"You had the power to take me home! You didn't have to take me in!"

"I won't lose my job over your stupid mistakes! You never did me any favors!"

"You'll be losing much more than your job, Inuyasha."

"What do you mean?"

Sesshomaru bared a fang for a moment. Slapping a small microchip onto Inuyasha's neck. Inuyasha immediately began to growl. "What did you do to me?"

"I have made it possible to control you demon side. Your Miko can't help you now."

"What are you going to do." Inuyasha seethed. Dealing with the pain of the chip digging into his flesh.

"Simple. I won't kill you. You will kill yourself when you come to."

A young man knocked on the door. Opening it lightly.

"Sir, they are here as planned." He said. Wheeling a TV in.

Sesshomaru turned it on. A security camera had captured an Image of Kagome sneaking into the building.

"She has come for you. When she gets here you will be a full demon. Nothing will stop you until I do. You will remember sinking your claws into her body. And you will live with it… for as long as you choose."

Inuyasha growled. "You wouldn't."

"I already have." He said, laughing evilly and leaving the room.

"Kagome, don't get up here."

----------------

I stopped upon hearing the gunshot from several floors up. I looked at Kagome who seemed worried.

"Hope that wasn't what I think it was." She said. I nodded. "Me too."

I looked around. Only an elevator as a way up.

"Sango here. Me and Miroku are on the roof. Awaiting orders."

"Get a line on where he is and report back."

"Good think I brought my laptop. I'll tap into the cams. Miroku out."

"Sango - out."

Good. "Ok, if we can find out where he is, it will be easier to find him and who he is with."

Kagome nodded, knowing what I meant.

I ducked low behind the closed desk. Kagome with the next one two me.

"Bryan, he's on the eight floor. He seems to be alone with a TV planted in front of him. What's this… Naraku is there… he's dead Bryan."

I looked at Kagome. "How is that?" She asked.

"Miroku. What is Inuyasha's status?"

"He's tied down. Don't know how Naraku ended up dead. Possible two people in the building. I'll check."

"Copy. Eight floor. Got it."

I got into the elevator.

--------------------

Inuyasha's eyes began to glow red as the shackles were released from him. A silver handgun on the table, the same one used to blow away Naraku, became his weapon of choice as he stood there, his bangs covering his eyes.

A low growl coming form his shaking form.

----------------------

I kicked the door down. Hearing the low growl coming from behind it.

Seeing Inuyasha standing there alone I holstered my weapon. Walking up to him.

"Hay, what the hell happened here?"

I got a growl.

"Bryan step back." Kagome said. Her pistol raised. I did so, trusting the nagging voice in the back of my head.

I didn't want to draw mine though. I felt it coming, something was going to happen.

"Guys we got him. Need back-up."

"What, why? Hold on. Oh, my. I'm on the way!" Sango said. Miroku must of checked the cam.

Kagome lowered her weapon. "Inuyasha, why?"

"Kagome stay back." I said. Concentrating on the so called half demon in me. With enough luck I could get it to work.

He suddenly looked up. The weapon pointed at Kagome.

My vision blurred and became red.

I had done it. I controlled it.

"Kagome, down!" I yelled. Grabbing her by the waist while ducking and spinning on my heal, I had managed to throw us out of the bullet's path. Though it was unsettling as one of her arms was nearly hit.

She stood back up. Looking him directly in the eyes.

"What are you doing? Don't you remember me?" She tossed her gun to the side.

"Don't you trust me Inuyasha? I don't want to hurt you."

She was to far away now. If he did anything, I wouldn't be able to make it in time.

But I noticed it. The little blinking chip on the back of his neck. I patted down my vest and found the rubber bullet clip. Sliding it into the chamber.

"Kagome back. He's out of control." She turned.

"Don't shoot him! I can get him- ahh!" She screamed, feeling his claws rip through her vest. I corrected my aim, time still slow. I fired the bullet and hit the chip. Shattering it.

My vision turned back to normal. As did his eyes.

"He was right." He said quietly. Hugging a lifeless, or passed out Kagome in his arms. His claws still deep within her.

Sango and Miroku burst into the room. Weapons raised. "Drop her!" Sango yelled. I stood in front of them, holding my hands up in the `no shoot target' signal.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly from behind me. "I'm so sorry Kagome."

I cringed hearing the sound of him taking his claws out of her. Her slowly laid the body to the ground. Standing up he put his arms out to the side.

"Shoot me." He whispered. His eyes covered.

"With pleasure." Sango hissed.

"No!" I shouted. Sango kept her weapon up.

"That is an order!" I yelled. She lowered it slowly. Shooting draggers into my chest with her eyes.

"Why won't you. I killed two agents. I have the gun I did it with right here." He said. Pointing it at me.

"I know you won't fire. You care too much about what happends."

"Not anymore. I killed her. I felt her heart stop! I felt it with my own hands. These disgusting hands of mine. Smeared with the blood of an innocent. Smeared with the blood of my mate."

"It's not too late! This can all be undone!"

"I still won't change it."

My vision changed again. But why this time?

"I will make you fire." I heard the shot ring out and watch the bullet fly towards me.

"Hold your fire!" I yelled. Dodging the bullet.

"I forgot about your gift." He said. Lowing the weapon as I got back up.

"It's more of a curse."

"Bryan… do you want to know how my story ends?" Inuyasha suddenly asked. Going into a sitting position on one of the desks in the room.

He sighed before taking a deep breath. "I kill Kagome. After a brief encounter with a few team mates. I kill myself." He said, raising the gun to his own head.

"That story is written in pencil. It can be rewritten."

I grabbed my gun off the floor. Firing one rubber it hit the gun, causing a dent that would jam it. He tossed the gun towards a window. It shattered as the gun went through it.

"We can still save her." I said. Tossing my gun away. I geld my hand out to him. He growled and I herd two weapons being drawn behind me. "Won't you help me bring her back?"

I could imagine the scene in some movie.

Flames licking the sides of a destroyed building. Three people in bullet proof vests. Two standing behind the other with their weapons drawn. The third holding his hand out to a suspect, coaxing him to give up. A fallen agent on the ground. A dead girlfriend.

This wasn't a movie. And the flames were the sound of sirens in the distance.

"Wont you?" I asked. He looked at me. Then to her. Gingerly he picked her form up off the ground. "What do we need to do?"

I pushed the button on my radio. "Kyoto. Come and get us." The to the others. "Lets get on the roof."

-----------------------

"It truly is amazing to play god." The doctor said. Typing a few keys on the computer.

"We can bring back lives, but not create them. We are not god. Just a gate keeper." Another reminded him. I stood up. "I don't care what you can do. Show me it. Bring her back." I said pointing to a battered Kagome in a small chamber. Inuyasha with his hand too it. Watching her with hopeful eyes.

I walked out of the booth. He heard me coming.

"I never knew such Technology existed." He said. Looking over at me when I stood next to him. "I didn't for a while either. It all depends on who you know."

"Thank you." He whispered.

I patted him on the shoulder. "Don't worry about it. Just worry about her."

He nodded. Looking back at here.

"Ok, system is ready. It takes about two minutes." A doctor said. I turned around and gave him a thumbs up.

"Do you think she will remember me?" He asked. I looked back at him.

"Sure of it. Your first love isn't something you forget. Personal experience."

"Nina, right? When I found out you had been engaged and that she had been killed, I did some searching. They never found a body." He said.

I bit my lip. "Yah. For a good full year I wondered if she was out there. But after a while I just gave up hope." I said. Looking down. He patted my back now.

"You'll find someone. If I can do it you can."

I looked up and watched the blue and red lasers go over her body. When it ended Inuyasha looked disappointed.

"I should of known better." He said, looking down. Only to nearly have a heart attack when Kagome gasped for air as the chamber opened.

Inuyasha jumped up as Kagome began to cry. He held her close in the chamber.

"Inuyasha!" She called out. Her eyes opening slowly. "You're here. I had died… but how?"

I let a knowing smile come over my face. "Don't worry about how." I said, turning my back and beginning to walk out of the room. "Just know that you are on medical leave for the next month and twenty six days." Then added, stopping and turning to see them out of the corner of my eyes. "The both of you." And with that, I left the room.

Shutting the door I leaned on the wall next to it. "Welcome back Kagome." I whispered.

-----------------

"What do you mean `something happened'!" The women screamed. Looking down at the cringing wolf demon.

"It is true, my lady." The demon said. "Command Sesshomaru has told me so himself! There was interference, that Kagome person was supposed to be the only one there! There was another one! Some guy! And two others! It was unforeseen. It will not happen again." The demon said. Bowing, before slowly backing out of the room.

The women turned to the man next to her.

"Hunt, your demons are incompetent." She said, matter of factly.

"Do not doubt the three eyes, my lady. Besides it is your fault."

"And how is this NOSTRA's fault?"

"Because I said so." He said, getting up and leaving the room. Another demon came in and handed her a file folder. "Here are the men and women we found in the building."

She looked through them and stopped at Bryan's picture. Just then a knock on the door sent shivers up her spine.

"Come in Sesshomaru."

"Lady Nina."

"Lose the Nina. I am your mate after all."

"Nina. I know who it was."

"Come back later now is not a good time."

"Yes."

She held up Bryan's picture again. "What are you doing in Japan, Bryan?"

She sighed. "You thought I was dead. Is it possible you know the truth?"