InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Stolen ❯ Stolen ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Stolen
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing. The only money I have is in my piggy bank and that's...27 cents. So I am poor.
 
 -----------
 
Miroku stopped walking, "That's right!" he said suddenly remembering something and turning to Sango. She gave him a strange look as he began to lean in towards her with his mouth puckered-up like a fish. She suddenly realized what he was attempting to do and slapped the monk across his still puckered-up face gaining the attention of their three other comrades. "MIROKU! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Sango screamed covering her mouth with her hand. The monk simply smiled, "What? Inuyasha and Kagome did it. Why don't we take the benefits of intimacy?" Kagome began to blush and covered her ears, "I'M NOT LISTENING! LA LA LA!" Inuyasha turned to her, blushing as well, "It's not like I wanted to do it to yeah!" Kagome stopped her singing. "WHAT?!" Inuyasha gulped, “I-I-I MEAN IT WASN'T MY IDEA!" Shippo quickly leaped from Inuyasha's shoulder to the safety of Sango's. "Here it comes...." he whispered.”INUYASHA!" Kagome's voice roared throughout the countryside.
 
"SIT!"
 

----------------------------------
 
The group had decided to set up camp near Kaede's village. "We should be there by noon tomorrow. Till then we should make camp and get some rest." Everyone agreed with Sango's idea and all helped with the preparations. The young group of travelers were still tired from their battle with Kaguya, the self-proclaimed Princess from the Moon. Not only was that but Naraku back on the loose once again. So they were pretty much bummed out to say the least. The very least. Kagome sighed and noticed they were low on fire wood, "I'll go see if I can find some logs or sticks to use." she said getting up. Sango looked at her, "Okay, just be careful." The young girl nodded and set off into the woods.
 
Sango stared at the dying fire, "Kagome's sure taking a long time with the fire wood." Shippo hopped onto her shoulder, "Do you think something happened to her?" Inuyasha 'Keh'ed from his place in the tree, "Most likely got sidetracked from the sky or something stupid like that. She always does." Shippo leaped into the tree onto the half-demon knee, "You better watch what you say Inuyasha!"  The Inu-hanyou kicked the Kitsune out of the tree. "Shut up!" Miroku looked up at his friend, "He's right though, Inuyasha. You were already sat once today, and since then you and Lady Kagome haven't said much to each other." Inuyasha growled, "I SAID SHUT UP!" Sango stood, "I'm going to go look for Kagome." Shippo jumped onto her shoulder again, "I'll come too! You may be attacked by a demon and need protecting!" Inuyasha snorted from the tree and mumbled, "Like a squirt like you can even touch a demon." Shippo ignored the comment.
 
  "Kagome!" Sango and Shippo called into the forest. Sango bit her lip, "This is bad... maybe we should get Inuyasha." Shippo's ears twitched, "Hey...do you hear that? It sounds like someone's crying." Sango listened as well, "Yeah, it does. C'mon!" They ran to the source of the sound to see Kagome crying on the forest floor. "Kagome!" Sango gasped running to her friend's side, "What's wrong? Are you hurt? Were you attacked? What happened?" The young girl wiped her eyes, "Oh Sango, no, it's nothing." Shippo jumped into her lap, "Well it has to be something if you were crying Kagome!" Sango nodded, "Yeah, you can tell us anything Kagome. We're a team, remember?"  The Kitsune smiled, "That's right!" Kagome's head dropped and she began to cry again, "Oh Sango! It's so unfair!" Shippo moved away in time for Kagome to collapse into Sango's embrace, "It...It didn't mean anything to him...the kiss...it meant nothing." The girl continued to sob, "After all this time nothing's changed. He doesn't care about me at all! All he can think about is Kikyo." she said bitterly. "I'm just her replacement!" Sango looked down at her best friend, "Kagome....you don't mean that do you?" Kagome sat up and whipped her eyes, "I...I don't know. Maybe I do." She looked at the moonlight sky and sighed. "I'm in love with him, Sango." Kagome then faced Sango, "But he doesn't love me back. He's still in love with Kikyo and no matter what I do I can never change that. I'm simply Inuyasha's comrade in battle and Kikyo's replacement afterwards." Shippo looked down at the grass while Sango placed her hand on her heart. "Kagome...calm down. Try to think about all the things Inuyasha has done for you when you've been captured or you left to go to the 'Present'. He's always gone after you and he's always depressed when you leave." Shippo leaped on her shoulder, "Yeah Kagome! And when Princess Kaguya kidnapped you he was outraged and did everything to get you back! He even promised to stay a half-demon for you!" He walked over to his surrogate mother and rested his small head on her blossom, "He just has trouble showing his feelings, Kagome. He's insecure with himself and he does love you." Kagome was taken back by the small cub's words and stroked his honey brown hair. Sango put her arm around her 'little sister' and Kagome rested her head on her shoulder, "Kagome, what you did back at the dream castle was so brave. Inuyasha knows you love him and he cares a lot about you. He just has a lot to deal with right now and doesn't know how to handle it all. Just give him time, he'll come around."  Kagome sighed, "I know....it's just that was my first kiss. I always pictured it to be magical, when someone I really love who loved me back and I wanted it to be with Inuyasha, but now it just feels like it was stolen from me."
 
In the shadows, where nether the girls nor the fox demon could see, was a certain half-demon hiding behind the dark trees.
 
Miroku sat by the fire alone and forgotten. He sighed and looked down, "This is so depressing." Suddenly he heard footsteps and looked up to see Inuyasha. "Where have you been?" The half-demon did answer him and jumped into a nearby tree. "Or you can just ignore me. That's fine as well." There was silence again until Miroku cleared his throat and asked, "Did you run into Lady Kagome on your way back?" He was answered by a branch being hurled at his head.
 

*~*~*~*~*~
 

 Inuyasha sat in the sacred tree sighing, he did not mean for Kagome to be this upset. He didn't mean to say what he did on the road the other day. In fact the first thing he wanted to do when Kagome kissed him was tell her that he loved her too, but of course his stupid pride got in the way....again.  That and an evil fake Princess who was planning world domination, but mostly the whole pride thing. Inuyasha looked up into the sky, "Let's think this out, Inuyasha. You can still make things right!" It was true; he could kill a hundred demons with his sword, why couldn't he do this? "Kikyo is dead. I can defeat Naraku so her spirit can rest in peace. That works out since Kikyo's happy, I'm happy, and Naraku rots in hell. Now for Kagome." He reached into this fire-rat robe to find the locket she had given him, "Kagome...." It was that little locket that kept him tied to time so he could rescue her. It was also now one of his most treasured possessions, though he pretended not to care for it. Once again, Pride + stupid puppy= Mad Kagome. You'd think Inuyasha would figure this out by now, but no.
 
He opened the locket and saw both their pictures inside, "This is how it should be. Kagome and me.....I love her." He smiled, that'd what this weird emotion was. The emotion that made him feel calm and happy. He was afraid of it at first, but maybe it wasn't so bad after all. He kind of liked it too. Inuyasha jumped out of the tree, he was going to tell Kagome, and he was going to tell her now.
 

  Kagome watched as Shippo stared into the Bone Eaters well, "I don't get it." he said. Kagome smiled and sat on the lip of the well, "What's there to get, Shippo?"
"How only you and Inuyasha and travel back and forth through time! It's so unfair!"
"Well, maybe one of these days I can bring you too." Kagome said smiling.
The Kitsune's eye's light up in excitement, "Really, Kagome?"
She nodded.
 
"Well, if that's the case, he's going with you. I aint time traveling with the runt." Came Inuyasha's voice as he entered the clearing. Shippo frowned and sat in Kagome's lap mumbling something incoherent. Kagome frowned, "Inuyasha, be nice." The hanyou sat lazily with his back against the well. Kagome sighed, "You can be so childish sometimes." Shippo nodded, "He's an idiot." The hanyou growled, "Funny how you say that in the safety of Kagome's lap." Shippo hugged Kagome for dear life; Inuyasha could be scary at times. "Inuyasha....behave!" Inuyasha obeyed and sat with his hands behind his head like a good boy while Shippo began to dose in the young girl's lap. Kagome began to softly stroke the young fox demon's head until the little boy feel asleep, his head nuzzled into her chest as if she was his own mother.
 
"You're gonna spoil him." Inuyasha said watching the scene. Kagome turned to him, "He goes through enough from you, Inuyasha. Shippo's a good boy deep down." He laughed, "Deep, deep, DEEP down you mean."  She sighed, "Inuyasha....you have no idea what you mean to this kid do you?" Inuyasha raised an eyebrow at her and she continued, "You're the only father figure he has! You're his hero, Inuyasha! Haven't you noticed that when he had to the choice to leave us he wanted to stay with you?"  Kagome looked at the young Kitsune who slept in her arms, "He's gonna miss you when you go." Inuyasha's ears perked up, "What? Where am I going?!" he demanded. The school girl looked him into his golden eyes sadly and whispered, "You're going to hell with Kikyo...and leaving us, all of us, behind."
 
Inuyasha's heart just broke then, he hadn't forgotten about his promise to Kikyo. 'But I love Kagome...' "Inuyasha?" He snapped of at his thoughts and looked at the girl, "Yeah?" She sighed and sat Shippo's small sleeping form against the well, and covered him with her sweater, "Are you...are you looking forward to go to hell with her?" 'Like hell your not!' his mind
screamed. 'C'mon! Tell her no! Tell her you love her and not Kikyo!' Inuyasha shrugged, "I dunno." Kagome pulled her knees to her chin and wrapped her arms around them, "Oh..." she whispered.
 
'You're an idiot!' The little voice in his head yelled. 'At least give her your jacket!'
 
Kagome felt the soft fur of Inuyasha's jacket against her skin, "Thank you."
 
'Now be nice to her.' Inuyasha turned away mumbling a "Whatever."
 
'Oh forget this! You're hopeless!' and his mind went silent.
 

Kagome leaned her head on Inuyasha's shoulder when he stiffen she sat straight up, "I'm sorry! That was stupid!" Inuyasha shook his head, "No… you can do it if you want...it feels kinda good." She smiled and returned to her head to his shoulder.
 
"I'm afraid to go."
 
Kagome looked at him, "What?"
 
He rested his head on hers, "I'm afraid to go to hell with Kikyo...I don't want to die." Kagome raised her head, moving his as well. "Well then why did you make that promise to her?!" Inuyasha looked at the ground, "when I made it...I didn't think I would ever WANT to live. I mean...I didn't think I would have any other reason to stay here...but now I do...but I can't just break my promise to her. I loved her once...but now...she's not Kikyo. The Kikyo I fell in love with was kind and forgiving. The one that walks the earth is cold and bitter. The woman I once loved would never ask another being to die for her sake." Kagome felt as if her heart was breaking, "Do you think...that you could tell her this? Maybe she'll understand." His silver bangs covered his eyes as he shook his head, "No...No...it's my fault she died...if it wasn't for-" Kagome grabbed his hair and forced him to face her, "Inuyasha," her voice was nothing but a harsh whisper, but it was her eyes that terrified him. The beautiful blue-pools that were normally filled with happiness were now filled with anger.
 
"It was NOT your fault that she was killed. Do you understand?! It was Naraku. He was the one that killed her, it was his claws that ripped through her flesh. Your hands were never covered in her blood. If you let THAT be the reason that you would unwillingly give your life up then there would be no point in killing Naraku because Inuyasha, he'd already have won."
 
Inuyasha was shocked to say the least. He'd seen Kagome mad before, but this...this was beyond words. He wasn't even sure if she was angry. He wasn't even sure if that was really Kagome who said that. It certainly didn't sound like anything she would say, was she possessed? No, he didn't think so. However his views on the matter of Kikyo's death were changing. It really wasn't his fault that she had died, it was Naraku's and once they killed him she would have her revenge and should be able to move on. He didn't know anymore, and his head hurt from thinking too much. What was the reason he came here again?
 
Oh yeah...
To tell the girl who was currently pulling on his hair that he loved her.
 
Kagome release his hair and stared into his amber eyes, trying to uncover what he was thinking. 'I could tell him now if I wanted.' She was torn from her thought when Inuyasha fell softly into her chest and inhaled her scent. "In-Inuyasha! What the hell has gotten into you?!" He didn't move.
 
'Did he faint or something? He just kind of tipped over...this is weird.' She bent down to his ears and whispered his name, she felt him breathe in deeply. Inuyasha took both her hands and pinned them to her side softly. Kagome gasped, 'What is he doing?' She watched Inuyasha turn his head up towards her and kiss her.
 
Kagome's heart raced, 'Is he kissing me?' She returned his kiss and felt him pull away. Inuyasha looked into her eyes, "Kagome..." He grabbed into a warm, loving, embrace. "You're the reason I want to live. I want to be able to love you without worrying about Naraku killing you. I want to marry you and have little pups with you. I want to share my life with you, Kagome, and no one else." Kagome didn't know what to do once he said that. She didn't know whether to laugh, to cry, or to kiss him again!  She hugged him so tight that Inuyasha was sure his lungs were going to collapse, "I love you, Inuyasha." she said, "No matter what, and I'll be by your side. Always and forever." She smiled and kissed him.  
 

(AN: Ugh... so...tired....please review....no flames....I'm going to fall asleep on my keyboard.)