InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Suddenly Love ❯ inuyasha ( Chapter 38 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My heart soared and I felt like someone was pushing a knife inside it, why did breaking up with her hurt so much? I couldn't tell. All I knew was that things wouldn't be the same and everything because she misunderstood… I wish I could just have blurted `I love you' right when she was kissing Kouga to see her reaction, what would she do? Maybe she might have broke apart and ran away from Kouga and me and when we were finally at home, I wouldn't have been able to accept her apologies, as far as I can analyze this… either way we were going to end up apart. I sighed as I walked around the city to get to Sesshomaru's office. Today was the day in which I would get my part of the will, Sesshomaru wanted to leave this for me before he went to his honeymoon, I just hoped Rin wasn't there because I didn't want to talk about Kagome at that moment. I entered to his office and found him with the papers on his hand and his suitcase in the other, I looked at him with my eyebrow arched and he rolled his eyes.
 
“Inuyasha, I don't have time… my flight leaves in two hours and I was supposed to be at the airport like an hour ago” he explained and I chuckled.
 
“You might as well be in a helicopter and throw me the papers from there” he looked at me with his usual cold stare and I chuckled some more.
 
“I don't have time for this, Rin yelled at me for not being at home and… why the hell am I telling you this?! Sign the damn papers!” I looked at him a bit scared and I did my signature in the line and Sesshomaru smiled.
 
“Great! I'm out of here, you know the way out” Sesshomaru was leaving but I just had to ask him something, I knew I was going to regret it later.
 
“Sess, what would you do if you made Rin so angry that she told you that everything was over?” he looked at me and sighed while he rolled his eyes.
 
“Alright, I have to do this in the less time possible… just go to her house and ask her to marry you” I looked at him confused.
 
“So that's why you married Rin?” I asked and he nodded.
 
“As I said, no time… see you in a month”
 
When Sess left, I was there standing thinking about what he just said. Maybe Kagome wanted to marry and that's why she was so upset? But then I realized, Sesshomaru didn't answer my question! He just told me that to get rid of me! That bastard… I would deal with that later, Kagome was more important than my stupid half brother. The first thing I thought about doing was buying her flowers but then she wouldn't accept them because she was very angry. Then I thought about buying her a ring but then she will think I want to marry her, not that I don't want to but… I'm just not ready for that kind of commitment. I thought about buying her a puppy but her stupid cat will go after me and kill me. I was walking down the street thinking what I could do to gain her forgiveness but then I crashed with my best friend.
 
“Inuyasha! Long time no see” Miroku said as we shook hands, I half smiled.
 
“Yeah… what's up?” I asked and he wrinkled his nose and let out a sigh.
 
“Not much… I needed to get out of my apartment” I smiled.
 
“What did you do now?”
 
“Nothing!” I looked at him and arched my brow, he rolled his eyes. “Why do you always think it's me who is guilty?”
 
“Because you always grab somebody's ass and make your poor girlfriend angry” he tsked and sighed once again.
 
“Well this time it's her PMS responsible… she yells at me for everything, pick up your pants, don't eat on the bed, don't walk around the apartment in boxers… it's like living with my mother!” I laughed and he suffered, it was very funny.
 
“I have to agree with her, walking around the house in your boxers is really gross” I said and he rolled his eyes.
 
“And what's your excuse? Why are you here when you can be home with your Kagome?” I looked at him with my killer look and he just tried to appear innocent.
 
“None of your concern” I replied when I was able to answer, he knew something was wrong with me and looked at me worried.
 
“What did you do?” I arched my brow.
 
“Me? I didn't do anything…” he looked at me skeptical like I did a few seconds ago and sighed. “Alright… maybe I did but I don't consider it something wrong”
 
“Spit it” he said as he sat on the grass in the park.
 
“I was talking to Kikyo…”
 
“Okay, I know why she's mad” I got angry.
 
“I wasn't even finished!” Miroku rolled his eyes at me and made a signal to talk again. “So I was talking to her and I asked her what love was and…”
 
“Hold it… you're in love with Kagome or Kikyo?” he asked and I swallowed hard.
 
“With Kagome”
 
“Then why is she mad? You love her and apparently she loves you… why the hell is she mad?” I nodded.
 
“It's more difficult than that” I took a deep breath. “And then I was about to tell her how I feel for her and I catch her kissing her friend… so I got mad and then she was mad because she heard me talking to Kikyo and thought that I told her that I loved Kikyo but she misunderstood and when I was unable to tell her that I really love her she broke up with me…”
 
“Ouch! That was harsh… I think I better go back to Sango” I sighed again and he patted my back.
 
“Now? I was about to invite you a beer” he passed his fingers through his hair and looked at me worried.
 
“Inuyasha, remember when Kikyo broke up with you the first time?” I shook my head. “Exactly, because you invited me a beer and you ended up too drunk to remember”
 
“I promise it will only be one beer” he thought about it a second but then nodded. “Great! Let's go”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
I was about to throw myself on the table. From all I recalled I had 5 beers, 2 shots, 3 glasses of scotch and that's all I could remember. Miroku was trying to pull me out of the bar but I didn't want to, whenever I felt like crap emotionally I just ran somewhere and drank everything I found. Don't get me wrong, I don't have drinking problems… it just happens occasionally, only when I feel like pulling out my heart to stop feeling that way. I wanted to grab my cell phone and call Kagome to ask her a few things but Miroku snatched my phone away when I was just one button from my call.
 
“No, you are not going to make this worse” I tried to punch him but he grabbed my fist before it could hit his face.
 
“Let me go!” I yelled; I heard my voice kind of weird.
 
“Inuyasha, let's go to your house… we'll keep drinking there” he tried to convince me but I pushed him away.
 
“No… I want another… beer!” I yelled again and saw a very cute bartender walking towards me, yet she was very familiar.
 
“Inuyasha!” I heard her say and I rubbed my eyes while she hugged me. “How nice to see you here!”
 
“Hey babe…” I said, I didn't want to say that but apparently words were now coming out of my mouth.
 
“Are you okay? Hey… my brother might be around here so you better watch your back” I felt fury all around my body when she mentioned Kouga and I tried to stand up but I fell, my legs felt like spaghetti.
 
“Inuyasha… let's leave” Miroku whispered as he helped me get up but I pushed him away.
 
“Where's that bastard?!” I yelled. “That idiot is the reason Kagome broke up with me!”
 
“What?” Ayame asked but I ignored her as I made my way through the bar, I wanted to find him and kill him.
 
“Kouga! Get out you moron!” I yelled and I walked out the bar to find him smoking, I heard some footsteps behind me and I thought it was Miroku.
 
“What is it?” he asked and threw his cigarette after he gave it one last try.
 
“You! I'm going to kill you!” I yelled and he moved away when I was throwing my first punch, he looked at me with pity and I tried to hit him again but he pushed me softly and made me fall.
 
“Is he drunk?” he asked and I tried to hit Kouga but he just grabbed my arm and twisted it.
 
“Don't hurt him!” Ayame yelled and Kouga looked at her, he sighed.
 
“Is he or is he not drunk?” he asked again.
 
“Yes he is, look at him” Miroku said and Kouga let me go.
 
“Fight jerk… I'm here, try and kiss Kagome now that I'm watching you” he rolled his eyes and walked away from me. “Come back here coward!”
 
“I'm not going to fight you; I don't want to look like a bad guy in front of my girlfriend…” I looked back at Ayame who was slowly blushing. “Besides, where's the fun when you are like this? I could just use one finger and you will be on the floor half death…” he went inside the bar and then I saw his head coming out from there. “Oh, right… she was using me to make you jealous so… I should be the one who wants to fight, not backwards idiot”
 
“Let's go” I heard Miroku say as he placed my arm around his neck and pulled me to his car.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
I woke up with a strong headache and a note beside me; I thought Miroku might have written it so I decided to leave that for after I had an aspirin or coffee. I went to the bathroom and looked through the drawers and in the cabinet and I just found my stuff, it was weird because some of Kagome's things were there like her brush or her hairspray and things like that. I thought that maybe she broke her brush and she was out of hairspray so I went downstairs and looked for coffee, I prepared some and drank it as I looked for the cat. It should be bothering me by this hour but there was no sight of the cat, not even her bed. I was happy because I thought that maybe Kagome finally got rid of that ugly cat but then I thought that there might be something wrong.
 
“Kagome?” I called in the house and heard no response.
 
I went upstairs and looked in Souta's room and I didn't even find her clothes, I tried in another place like the living room but I still found nothing. My headache wasn't important anymore and I spent the rest of the morning or what was left of it looking for her in the whole house. After looking room after room I tried to convince myself that she went to visit someone and that calmed me down but only for a second. I found the note and read it but I wish I never did.
 
`I'll sell you the other part of the house; please contact my lawyer for more information. Please don't look for me.
Kagome'
 
 
 
 
A/N: hm… 2 chapters left, sad isn't it? Review please!!! =)