InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Dreams ❯ Die Another Dream ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Me: Hiya guys! Didn't expect another chapter again so soon did you? HA! Think again suckers!!!
 
Voice: should you really be calling the readers suckers? …And why is my name Voice?
 
Me: oops sorry. Its cuz I haven't introduced you yet…
 
Voice: oh…well can you introduce me now? I hate being called Voice.
 
Me: Okie dokey. Everyone this is…Soku!
 
Soku: did you almost forget my name?
 
Me: no! Never! Everyone! Soku's gonna be with me for the next few chapters. Mmmkay?
 
Soku: I am?
 
Me: yes. Now please say the declaimer now.
 
Soku: Dee doesn't own any of the Inuyasha crew. But Tokuto and all their memories are. Have fun reading everyone!
 
)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~ Die another dream ~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(~~~)()(
 
 
Last time: “Yes, got it. Oh look we're at the village! And look at the time! Well uh…I'm sleepy and I gotta go put Kagome up…and…bye!” Inuyasha stammered nervously, running into the hut of their sleeping companions. Tokuto glared slightly before storming off in a huff, intending to get a kill in before bed. The matters of his wife have always been a delicate subject for him. Right now though, he needed to blow off some steam.~~~
 
 
 
 
 
Now: Tokuto shot through the forest at lightning speed. He knew that his mate had “re-married” its not like he expected her to be happy all alone waiting for him. And the fact that his own daughter called that bastard her father! Tokuto's anger flared. He heard a rustling to he left and jumped after it. He sniffed the air and recognized the scent of that of a bear. He smirked and sped up a little. Bears were always fun to toy with.
 
 
He thought back to a memory he had found while searching through Kagome's mind when she first came here. That memory angered him to no end.
 
**MEMORY**
 
A five-year-old Kagome giggled as the swing went higher. Her smile brightening the dark of the night. The full moon shone above, casting the evening in a beautiful glow. The man pushing her laughed and pushed her harder.
 
 
“Higher daddy! Higher! I wanna touch da moon!!!” she giggled swinging her legs back and forth in the air. The man behind sighed joyfully as a young woman emerged from their house, carrying a small child in her arms.
 
 
“Hi sweetie. Hon, you have to go to bed soon! Its already nine thirty!” the mother scolded. The little girl whined at her mother.
 
 
“But mom! I'm not even tired!!!” she whined, making her body go limp, making her look helpless. The adults laughed at her attempt to stay up later. The father waved his finger at her and picked her up, throwing her over his shoulder.
 
 
“Come on Kaggy. Momma says you got to go to bed. And what mommy says goes.” Another whine came from the five year old, dangling upside-down on his back. “Isn't that right honey?” he said looking at his wife.
 
 
The mother giggled and nodded, kissing her husband. “That's right, now get to bed.” The mom kissed her husband again and the child pretended to gag.
 
 
“Groudy! Daddy's kissing mommy! Kissing's gross~!” she drawled out the last word. The parents smiled at her and her mom got up close.
 
 
“Just you wait my princess, you'll be kissing guys when you're older, I guarantee it!” she said rubbing her nose against her daughters. She pretended to gag again and `humped'.
 
 
“Yeah right! If that's what grown ups do then I'm never ever growing up!!!” she stated cutely. The parents laughed and so did the little baby boy in her arms. They looked like one big cute happy family.
 
**END MEMORY**
 
He growled and jumped in front of his prey. Oh how he hated that man. The bear youkai growled and swung an enormous paw at him. Tokuto dodged it easily and ran up in front of the bear.
 
 
Oh how he despised that memory! That was supposed to be him in that picture! Not that weak human, not even worthy enough to be within 5 miles of her!
 
 
He cut the bear down the middle of the stomach, spreading his intestines yet not killing him. He wanted this bear to suffer. He slashed at the bear, cutting off an arm. The creature roared in pain as his eyes turned blood red. He charged at Tokuto, running shear on disposing of whatever was hurting him. Tokuto stepped out of the way and pointed his fingers, unleashing his poison whip. He slashed at the bear's eyes, instantly blinding it. The bear screeched, falling to his knees. Tokuto looked at it, with complete loathing in his eyes.
 
 
She had called that man father. She knew he wasn't her real father, yet she called him that! She wont dare call another man father. I'll make sure of it.
 
 
The bear on the ground clawed at the soil, desperately trying to get away. Tokuto smirked and lifted his poison whip and instantly separated his legs from his mangled body. The bear howled and whined, trying to get away from the pain. Tokuto ignored the sound. Only the memories of the happy Higurashi family played over in his mind. Ringing in his ears. Tokuto growled and lifted his hand to deliver the final blow. The blind bear turned his head back, just in time to feel the sting of the whip go crashing through his chest. The bear howled and tried crawling away from the pain, but clawed at his chest instead. The poison was melting him from the inside out. Tokuto smirked and looked down at the youkai. He lifted his hand just a bit and the whip went straight up, splitting the head in two before rushing back to its master's hand.
 
 
Tokuto looked down at his kill for the first real time and cringed in disgust. He didn't mean to do that much damage. He turned away and went to the river. Intending to wash off the stench of rotting bear.
 
 
Inuyasha jumped out of a nearby tree and looked at the corpse. His nose caught a whiff and he turned around to keep from puking. The stench was too strong. He covered his sensitive nose and looked at the pile of blood and ooze. He'd really done a number on the bear. Inuyasha cringed at the thought of how he made the bear suffer. He used to be like that didn't he? Not caring about any life and taking what he wanted. But this man, Tokuto, did it out of anger. Shear, pure, untainted, hatred. Inuyasha remembered when he said he could look through memories and gasped. Had he looked through Kagome's memories and looked at Mrs. Higurashi's old husband? He looked down at the deceased youkai and sighed. Yep, he did.
 
 
He turned around and leapt back to camp, taking one last look at the beast. He leapt from tree to tree, looking around at the tops of the forest named after him. It was peaceful out tonight. All to soon he reached the village and walked into the hut. He saw his sleeping companions and stared at them wide-eyed. How could they've slept through that? His ears were still ringing. He looked over at the sleeping goddess and sat down beside her. Shippo was cuddled up with her like he would a parent and she was holding him as if her were a lifeline. He raised an eyebrow when her shoulders started to shake.
 
 
She whimpered and hugged Shippo closer to her body. Instantly, as if by a second nature, Shippo started to purr. A natural reaction demons have when some one they consider family or a mate is in distress. Inuyasha looked surprised at Shippo but then turned back to the matters at hand. Inuyasha tried shaking her shoulders gently then forcefully, trying to get her to wake up. None of it worked. Kagome started sweating profusely and whimpering louder. Inuyasha panicked as Tokuto walked in, fresh of all smells. He looked at his baby and quickly was by her side.
 
 
“Tokuto, I can't get her to wake up! What do we do?” Inuyasha asked in a panicked voice. Tokuto looked at him and thought of a plan.
 
 
“I'm going to enter her dream and see what's going on. She might wake up as soon as I do so prepare yourself for anything.” He said looking Inuyasha straight in the eye. Inuyasha braced himself and nodded, gently holding her around the waste. Tokuto touched his palm to the top of Kagome's forehead, his fingers going over the top. He closed his eyes and allowed his mental form to enter her mind. Kagome whimpered as a little bit of pain swept through her skull. Kagome clenched her teeth and growled.
 
 
“Get…out…of…MY HEAD!!!” She growled out in pain, arching her back. Tokuto was thrown across the hut, waking their deep slumbering friends. Miroku shot up and looked around wildly. Inuyasha was still hanging onto Kagome's waist loosely; fear lightly written across his face. Miroku rushed over to help up the injured dog demon while Sango went over to Kagome's side. She reached out to touch her but Shippo began to growl, the hair on his tail standing on end. Sango pulled her hand away and gasped. Inuyasha looked up at her and shook his head.
 
 
“Don't try and touch her. Shippo will defend.” He said gravely. He looked over at the elder Inu and hope shimmered in his eyes. “Did you find out what's wrong?” he asked. Tokuto shook his head gravely.
 
 
“I only got a brief glance. And it wasn't pretty.” He stated to the group. The humans gasped and Inuyasha winced. He went to pull off Shippo but Tokuto stopped him.
 
 
“The only thing keeping her calm is Shippo. Leave him.” He stated. The group looked at the troubled girl and wondered what she was dreaming about.
 
 
**KAGOME'S DREAM**
 
There was fire everywhere, endless amounts of blood on the ground, as if seeping out of the very soil. Cries of terror were heard all around and corpses littered the very soil. Two groups of beings fought, both sides with major casualties. Kagome looked around frightened. She spotted a man crawling away from the fight, one leg only hanging on by the muscle, causing him even more pain. She rushed over to him and blood seeped out of his mouth.
 
 
“Mizuki, is that you?” he gurgled, more blood seeping out of his mouth as he did so. Kagome, wanting the man to be happy in his final moments nodded and smiled.
 
 
“Mizuki, I'm glad you're here. I love you. I always have and always will.” He heaved, his breathes slowing. Kagome gulped, feeling pity and sorrow wash over her. She looked into his hopeful face and smiled a sad smile.
 
 
“And I love you too.” She murmured, still pretending to be Mizuki. The man took one last breath as his eyes dulled. Kagome blinked and the face of the man turned into Zak's face. She gasped and quickly threw her childhood friend off her. The dead body, rolled to its side, the face still looking at her. She stood up and backed away before tripping on another body. She looked at the face terrified at what she would find. The face was shaped into one of pure shock. She gulped as she realized who it belonged to. Asher's face twisted in shock and grief, blood covering half his face. A slit to the throat killed him instantly. Kagome reached out and touched the cold flesh of her friend but cried when she couldn't.
 
 
She got up and stumbled over to the middle of the battlefield. The two sides were fighting. Looking around, she saw that it was humans and a mix of demons and angels fought. A demon looked at her and smirked, intending on killing her. His ax raised above his head but stopped short as an angel pierced his back, a sword sticking through his chest. The angel and short skater-ish blonde hair and hazel eyes. Kagome looked at him thankfully and smiled slightly. She saw his mouth open and words come out, but couldn't understand him. He looked scared and called out her name. She turned around just to have a tentacle shoot through her stomach.
 
** END DREAM **
 
Kagome shot up in the hut and screamed. Shippo woke up with tears in his eyes and he felt the pain and terror rolling off of her in waves. He clutched her shirt and tried purring again to soothe her. The others in the room rushed to her side, desperately trying to calm her down. Inuyasha's hands tightened around her waist trying to calm her. The hysterical girl sobbed as she thought about her dead friends.
 
 
“Kagome, come on, calm down. Shhhh its okay, please calm down.” Inuyasha tried soothingly. Kagome's cries soon turned into hiccups as the help of Inuyasha and Shippo's help. Sango sat next to her and looked her in the eye.
 
 
“Kagome, how are you feeling? What happened?” she asked her friend. Kagome looked into her friend's eyes and Sango gasped. They were full of pain, fright, and most of all, regret. Sango hugged her friend as much as she could with Inuyasha and Shippo hugging her.
 
 
“Lady Kagome, are you alright? You gave us quite a scare.” Miroku said leaning in a little closer. Kagome looked up at him and hugged Shippo tighter. She smiled at him and nodded.
 
 
“I'm fine, really you guys. I just had a nightmare.” She said pretending to be okay. Her father looked at her and sighed. He opened his arms and Kagome sniffed, her eyes brimming with more tears. She tugged out of Inuyasha's grasp and launched herself at her father. Tears leaked from her eyes as she sobbed into her father's chest. He rubbed her back soothingly, being careful not to squish Shippo. He looked up at the surprised group and sighed.
 
 
“I'll be back with her. Don't worry.” He said standing up carefully, carrying her out of the hut. The three friends looked at each other crestfallen.
 
 
“I wonder what she was dreaming about.” Sango muttered to herself. The boys looked at her and nodded. Inuyasha looked down into his lap and sighed.
 
 
“Death.” He said loud enough for the two humans to hear. Miroku and Sango gasped at that. Miroku looked thoughtful then spoke to him.
 
 
“And how did you come to this conclusion Inuyasha?” he asked. Inuyasha sighed and scratched behind his head tiredly. Should he tell them? Should he really tell them that he knew what it was like to dream like that? Or to feel the pain of some one dying in your mind. Forever haunting your dreams? Inuyasha sighed again.
 
 
“I know because…I've had the same dreams. She's dreamed of some one close to her dying.” He said looking down. Sango and Miroku looked at each other sadly. They too knew what it was like to have those dreams. Sango looked at the door to the hut and sighed. Kagome, please, be all right.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~With Kagome and Tokuto~~~~~~~~~
 
Tokuto jumped next to small stream in a clearing far into the forest. Kagome and Shippo were still sobbing against his chest. He set her down by the stream, and sat in front of her. She cuddled Shippo closer and sniffed.
 
 
“Kagome, I need you to tell me what you saw.” He said looking at his daughter. Kagome shook her head and buried her face in Shippo's hair. Tokuto growled and forced his daughter to look at him. She whimpered at how serious he looked.
 
 
“Kagome I need you to tell me what you saw. Or I cant help you.” he said. Kagome looked at him and nodded. She re-positioned herself. And sighed.
 
 
“There was fire. A lot of it. And people were in this giant battle. And there was this man. He called me Mizuki and told me he loved me and died. Then…he turned into Zak…and then I tripped and there was Asher. They were both dead! Horrible and bloody deaths! It was terrible! And I ran into the middle of the field and a demon charged at me. But then, this angel saved me. He had short-ish blonde hair and hazel eyes. And he said something in another language and then my name. And then a tentacle shot out and killed me…. that's all I remember.” She explained a tear running down her face. Tokuto sighed and hugged his daughter.
 
 
“Its okay Kaggy. It wasn't real. It was just a dream okay? Zak and Asher are still alive and kickin. I promise. You got it?” he said rubbing her back in small circles. She nodded and Shippo looked up at her questionably.
 
 
“Mommy, who's Zak and Asher?” Shippo asked her cutely. Kagome and Tokuto looked at him shocked but Kagome quickly smiled. She ruffled his hair and kissed his temple.
 
 
“They're your Uncles…son.” She said, trying the new word out on him. Shippo smiled and snuggled into her. She giggled when he brushed against her tickle-ish spot. Shippo got a playful look on his face and poked her side. Kagome stifled a small giggled. Tokuto smirked and saw what the young kit was doing. He sat on the other side of his daughter and started rubbing her side while Shippo on her other. Kagome laughed and tried to stop them but to no avail.
 
 
“Haha stop! Please stop it! Hahahaha please! Guys, hahaha, quit it!” she laughed as they tickled her. Shippo got under her chin and she snorted, dropping her chin to her chest. After about five minutes the guys let up, letting Kagome catch her breath.
 
 
“Are you better now mommy?” Shippo asked her, sitting on her tummy. Kagome lifted her head off the ground and smiled at her new son. She nodded and looked at the brightening horizon.
 
 
“Yeah son, I'm fine.” The three demons looked at the rising sun and sighed. Everything was gonna be fine today.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
A/N: omg! That's sooo cute!!!
 
Soku: …this chapter was very gruesome…
 
Me: yeah…but it had a point…
 
Shippo: I GOTTA NEW MOMMY!!!
 
Me: yes you did Shippo! Ur soooo cute! *Glomps Shippo*
 
Soku: I take it you're fond of the young fox kit?
 
Me: you bet! Look at his cute little tail!!! *Pets Shippo's tail and Shippo purrs* SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!
 
Soku: so Inuyasha's ears are now out of the question?
 
Me: no…I still like `em. But in this chappi, I like Shippo's tail. Cuz he's in this chapter a lot. *Snuggles the purring kit*
 
Shippo: shouldn't you be wrapping up this chapter now?
 
Soku: he's right you should.
 
Me: fine! Until next time people!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ sweet dreams demons ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*