InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tears ❯ Cry ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It was asked for so here it is; enjoy the finale chapter of Tears

Quite. It was odd for Keade's hut to be so quite when its guests were there. Normally there would be some kind of yelling going on, but not now, not this time. Why? Did something bad happen to Lady Kagome? Was Miroku suck into the void at last? Was the kit or Lady Sango dead? No. What caused this silence was the fact that the hanyou laid close to death doors in the small little hut. Full details were missing but the just of it was the fact that he and Kikyo had a fight, one that by the looks of the half-breed's wounds she started herself. At the end of it though Kikyo was once more ash and Inuyasha was close to for-filling his promise to her, just not in the way she intended him to go. The battle was a hard one, but why it started no one say but one knew, and he was unconscious as of now and has been for two weeks.

Keade looked around her small house and sighed. In the room where Inuyasha's body laid was Kagome. She hadn't left his side (save for a few moments) since they brought him here. It was she the pulled the arrows out, including the arrow that stuck out in front suggesting a back attack, a cowards hit. It was she who helped bandage him up. It was she that plead for him to wake. Close to the small fire lay the kit, Shippou, coloring. The every fire that was childhood youth, seem to be gone. He played less, talked less, and in short was not his normal joyfully self. He had lost someone close to him once, and though Inuyasha would never hold the title of a second father, it looked as if he was about to lose another person that was close to him. How sad that such a tragedy could rob someone of their childhood wants and needs… and yet was this not what Inuyasha went through once long ago? Miroku sat in the corner praying for his friend's well-fare. May it was self but she too prayed that the Gods would see it fit to keep him here in this realm a little bit longer. After all with out him where would this small group be?

~* Dark.~*

Miroku rose stiffly and left the hut. Two weeks and counting his friend has laid asleep. His friend. Odd how that sounded, he a Monk, a friend to a demon… half-demon. The rude and arrogant half-breed would have never called him as such out right, but they were friends. He looked at his hand. Next to the half-breeds life his curse seemed… dare he say it… small. Sure dyeing is bad, getting suck into a void awful, but what was that to being hunted for what you born as, having your only blood hate you, having your first love betray you? Inuyasha's life from what he heard of it was a long list of bad fate …. He wondered if the hanyou ever had a moment free of the pain of his being. No he decide he hadn't and couldn't due to what the world had taught him about being a half-breed. What a shame. Out of all the people in the world Inuyasha had to be among the few that truly deserve to be happy, and yet never would be so due to the fact that world would never let him have it. Fate could be cruel. He knew full well that if it wasn't for Inuyasha he would not be here today, he would have never meet and got to know Sango. Sango, herself, most like would have ended up killing Shippou if he had followed the path he was taking when Kagome and Inuyasha met him. If not for him none in this small group would have met, for Kagome would have died in this era before she could have shatter the Jewel or she would have never come to this time. He shuddered to think of Kagome fighting off Naraku in her era… alone. They owed much to the hanyou that was sure and yet, until now, he never realized how much, or how little he had repaid him for it. He had melded more than helped, trapped him more than backing him up…. Looking back to the hut he wondered if he would get the change to make it up to his friend.

~* It has been dark for a while now, nothing but dark and yet he walks. ~*

"Wounds that bad, given to him by a miko, it's a wonder that he has made it this long."

Koga listen in to the ramblings of one his scouts. Inuyasha's injuries was among the hottest topic of gossip in his small tribe to date.

"Bet Koga's happy. If the mutt dyes then he's free to take Lady Kagome without a fight."

He should be, but wasn't. Mutt-face may be a good for nothing but he was a honest warrior, loyal to his friend right down to the end, willing to stand up for a foe if he was tricked into battling with him. Blast it! The cur was honorable. That a lone drew respect from him to the half-breed. To be fought so cowardly, not to mention by your former love… what a hard way to go. No the half-breed deserved a better fate than that, any fate than that one. But it looked like that was one he would get.

`Revile or not, I would be far more happier if he died at the hands of Naraku, or dye of old age after living a good life, than for him to go this way' he thought.

He sighed and looked out into the darkening sky `You better not dye mutt-face. If you go and break my Kagome's heart by doing so… I swear… I'll kill you.'

~* To where or why he dose not know, all he knows is that he must get there. There where some one is waiting for him, awaiting his return. He wonders why he left, and where he is heading back from, it's been dark for so long that he can't seem to remember anything other than the need to return to some place and the person that awaits him there. ~*

Rain, how …fitting. Sesshormaru sighed as he figured Tenseiga. His half-brother laid on his death bed, almost, and he was unsure of the path that he should take. If … Inuyasha were to dye should he bring him back to life? If he did Inuyasha would see it as a favor unwilling placed upon, as an attempt to get his hands on the Tetsusaiga. But if he were to do such a thing he would be bring his … half-brother back into a world that didn't want him, bring him back to a world where he would know farther pain and suffering, a world where he would have to fight to live one more day. Would it be fair to do such a thing? To rob his … brother of his peace?

"My Lord?" question Jaken shifting slightly in an unsure manner, afraid to push his Lord for the answer to his question.

"No, I will not bring Inuyasha back if he dies," he stated to the toad.

`Forgive me,' he thought, his eyes directed to the rain heavy skies. Part of him want to spare his brother this fate, but he knew it would be selfish, and wrong, it was one of those though decisions one has to make when they are a ruler.

`Keep him safe father,' he prayed `for knows not the way, how can he when he has been lost for so long.'

~* "You're heading in the wrong direction my son," a man states, the only figure he has seen in days. ~*

A brief walk into the forest brought Miroku to the clearing that Sango was practicing in. She has been throwing herself into training ever since they got back. Miroku frown at this but knew the reason why she was doing this: she felt that she had failed Inuyasha by not coming to his aid sooner. But none could have made it to him quicker, even if they did he doubted that he would have let them join in the fight. This guilt was unhealthy in his eyes yet what could he do to tell her to make her see otherwise?

Miroku called out to her but she did not turn to face. She waited until his footsteps where closer to her before she spoke.

"We are fools, Miroku." she stated "All this time we were worried about how his relationship with Kikyo was affecting Kagome, never did we, not even once, think something like this could happen, and yet even our great enemy forewarn us of such a fate." She sighed and shocked her head "He was always honest with me telling me out right that Naraku could be using my brother as a trap every time we saw him. Why were we not honest with him about Kikyo? We knew, but said nothing! We didn't even use it in our defense for Kagome! WHY NOT?! Why did we let him down, when he has always been there to support us?" Suddenly without warning (and maybe without thinking) she threw herself into his arms and sobbed "Why do those close to me have to die?"

~* "What do you mean?" he asked

"There are three roads here, one leads up, ones leads down, the last one march straight ahead. You're taking the down ward one, it's the forward one you want."

"The forward one?"

"Yes, the forward one, they await for you there, down that path."

"They?" ~*

Kagome sat looking out her window in her time, Keade had asked her to go back to her time to get some bandages and now she was stuck here due to the rain. Oh why had she left? What if something happens to Inuyasha while she was gone? She worried. In some way she felt responsible for what had happen to him, and for once she wished that she had happen upon this meeting with Kikyo, at least then she would have know what had happen. What could have Inuyasha said to get Kikyo fired up enough to attack him? She wished she knew. She closed her eyes and listen to the rain. She felt empty. Without him everything seemed hollow, the quest meaningless. It was he that kept them moving, refusing to give up just because the steaks have gotten bigger, he was always pushing them forward. She sighed, for the past two weeks everything has been quite and uneventful, the heart of their little group gone. She smirked at that, it seemed odd that he would the main force that kept them together. The anti-social hanyou, the driving force of their little band it was to laugh at… yet it was not his fault that he was so, no, he had to learn thing the hard way, with no help from anyone, he had learned how to avoid people, he had learned the ways and the manners of a loner. He had been alone most of his life the last thing she wanted was for him to be lone in death. After all she dose love him. Her guardian, her protector, her friend, yes her heart belong to him. If only he would live long enough for her to tell him so.

~* "Yes they, your friends, can you not here their calls? They beg for your safe return, well you deny them such a thing?"

"Friends?" he asked as his head turned towards the forward path straining his ears to the voices that the old man said that was there.

"Yes friends, man your dense."

"…" he took a steps towards the source of the voices, something about them told him that this path would take him home…. Home.~*

Sango and Miroku had made it into the small hut just as the rain started to come down in bucks. Shippou sigh as he watched Inuyasha form. He wish he would wake up, thing just have not been the same while he has been a sleep. Why is that everyone seems to be acting like Inuyasha is dyeing, nothing could kill the Great Inuyasha. Nay Inuyasha is strong, he'll make it through okay. He just wish the others could see that, he wish Kagome would smile again, he missed her smile and the warmth in her voice. There was only sadness in it now and it's all Inuyasha's fault, he always hurts her, and yet he always cares for her too.

"Wake up," he whimpered "Kagome needs you. Please don't make her cry, you always make her cry, and you always hate it when you do, so wake up don't make her cry."

Just then thunder sounded causing him to dive to Inuyasha's side.

~* "Take care me boy," the man called after him "Your mother would be proud, I know I am."

He didn't hear the later part, for he was in a rush to be home, and that fact was the only thing he was thinking about. Home. ~*

%%%%%%%%%%%

Kagome climbed up the well throwing her pack unto the ground beside, once topside she was suspires to see Miroku waiting for her.

"Lady Kagome," he greeted.

Her face paled as she stood there "Inuyasha…"

"He's…"

"Oh my god," she cried rushing towards the villages "I knew I shouldn't have left!"

"Kagome wait…" but she was already gone.

`No' her mind screamed `Please, NO.' Inuyasha dead. It could not be. Tears flowed down her cheeks as she ran. Soon Keade's hut was in view and she could hear…

"Am telling ya I'm fine!"

"You should be in bed."

"As long as he doesn't overwork himself he shall be fine, Shippou."

"Feh, like that's going to happen."

Yes standing there in all his stubborn glory was Inuyasha, alive and well.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome cried as she threw herself into his stun arms.

"I tried to tell you, but you wouldn't listen," said Miroku once he had caught up to her "He woke up last evening and as been complaining ever since."

The accused hanyou made no efforts to defend himself instead he look down at the weeping girl in his arm. Hugging her he smiled "It's okay," he told her "I'm fine. I promised to protect you and I will, always. Now stop crying, you know I hate to see you cry."

No one noticed the smug glow the Tetsusaiga gave off at the small little scene, nor the eyes that smiled down upon them from above. And two set of demon eyes too went unnoticed; one frowning, the other set in stone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Enough Kanna," snapped Naraku. His foe was back, time to start plotting their demise again.

************

Mouse- The part of the story that appears in-between "~*…~*" is what was happing to Inuyasha while he was in a coma. Well it's done, that's it folks. I hope you enjoyed it. Until we meet again good-bye. (Bows and leaves.)