InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Temple of the Dog ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to Inuyasha. Those are the property of one Rumiko Takahashi. I thank her whole-heartedly for giving us such an amazing manga/anime to read/watch.

Author's Note. This is NOT the version of this chapter that is posted on fanfiction.net as this is definitely a lemon. It is not intended for readers under the age of 18. Please read the fanfiction.net version of this chapter if you are not at least 18 years of age or if you do not like to read fanfics containing the use of graphic sex.

You have been warned. Thank you.

Urd-chan

Temple of the Dog - Chapter 10

The travelers were back on the road early. They still had a long way to travel and all, especially Inuyasha, were anxious to reach their destination.

The morning was uneventful. Again, the two visiting priests led the group, followed by Miroku, Sango, and Kirara. Inuyasha stayed to the back with Kagome. He kept his senses alert to things around them, but allowed himself to relax somewhat in the company of the priestess.

They came upon a town near the noon hour and found a small inn serving food.

"By the gods," Miroku said as he sniffed at the air. "Real food for a change."

"We haven't been traveling that long," Inuyasha growled at him, although the smell of the fresh cooked meal had him salivating, too. He had become spoiled by the constant supply of excellent meals that were brought daily to the temple.

Sango motioned for the party to stop and unstrapped the supplies from Kirara.

Miroku frowned at her when she handed him a bag to carry. "What's the problem?"

"I'm not sure the people of this town will be ready for Kirara."

As soon as the supplies had been removed from Kirara's back, Sango nodded to her and she returned to her form as a small cat with two tails.

They entered the inn and found a table that would seat everyone in their party. When they were seated a pretty, young serving girl approached the table. She smiled at them and asked what they wanted to eat.

Miroku stood up and walked up to her, grasping her hands with his before pausing with a puzzled look on his face. For some reason he was having difficulty flirting with the pretty waitress. He found himself glancing over his shoulder at Sango, who was glaring at him. The priest smiled sheepishly and mumbled something about the girl looking like someone he knew. He quickly found his way back to his seat, looking at Sango from out of the corner of his eye.

"Well, this is a first," Inuyasha interjected.

Miroku watched as the girl left to get their food. "She's not my type," he laughed.

"Oh, and exactly what kind of woman would be your type?" Inuyasha was obviously having fun baiting the priest.

Miroku was saved by an old man who approached the group. "I heard that we had been blessed with the arrival of traveling priests. I fear we are in need of your help."

The elder priest quickly stood up and followed the man from the inn. Houjou jumped to his feet and went after them, "I had better go with him and see what's wrong. Go ahead and eat. I don't know how long this is going to take."

The serving girl came out with several plates full of food.

"We might as well eat. It would be a shame to let such delicious food go to waste." Miroku reached for a plate and passed it to Sango. He took a second for himself.

The four ate quickly, anxious to be back on the road. They became concerned when the two priests had not returned by the end of the meal.

"Perhaps I should go and look for them," Miroku started. He was interrupted by the return of the missing priests .

"Ah, I'm sorry we had to leave so abruptly, but it seems that the priest at the local temple has become very ill and I feel we should stay and help. Perhaps you would be so kind as to deliver a message to our temple when you reach the city of the pharaoh."

"Of course," Miroku nodded.

The elder priest turned to Inuyasha and bowed his head. "It is with great sadness that I leave your company. Few are the people who have known a living deity. I am honored to be among their number. I wish you a pleasant and safe journey and hope that I will be able to serve you in the future, my lord."

Houjou was looking wistfully at Kagome, only turning away when he realized that Inuyasha was staring at him.

"I, too, have been honored. I hope our paths cross again someday." The young priest stammered before turning to exit the inn.

He had better hope our paths don't cross again, Inuyasha thought to himself. The young priest's attention to Kagome had not gone unnoticed by the deity, although Kagome seemed oblivious to it.

The elder priest bowed his head again and approached Kagome, taking her hands in hers. "I am not sure what your journey's purpose is, but please be careful. Remember," the priest dropped his voice to a whisper, "the pharaoh's guards are still looking for you."

Kagome nodded, "I'll be careful. Besides, I have Inuyasha to protect me." She smiled at the deity before turning back to the elder priest. "I'll be sure to let them know where you are and that you are safe. Please be careful on your trip back."

The man nodded before turning and following where Houjou had left from the inn.

"Well, I guess it's just the four of us," Miroku observed.

Kirara looked at him and meowed softly.

"Excuse me, just the five of us."

"Then we had better get going or we're never going to get there," Inuyasha growled. His mood had soured at the priest's reminder of Kagome's reason for fleeing the city of the pharaoh. He silently vowed that he would not let anything happen to the priestess.

They quickly returned to the road. Kirara transformed again, allowing them to put their belongings on her back. It wasn't long before the town was lost in the distance.

Inuyasha touched Kagome's arm and motioned for her to fall back with him. He hadn't felt comfortable talking when the visiting priests were around, but felt he could speak with her now.

"You never said anything about me being a hanyou."

Kagome looked confused. "Was I supposed to say anything?"

"I told you I was a false deity, yet you still stay with me. Doesn't it bother you?" Inuyasha looked ahead, his hands folded across his chest.

"What is a deity, really? For all we know, the other deities are youkai, too. You said that there are powerful youkai that can take the form of a human, but also have animal shapes. Isn't that what most of the deities are?" Kagome paused, looking for the right words to assure Inuyasha. "Besides, after what you did for the village, if you hadn't already been a deity, you can bet they would have made you one."

They walked in silence for a moment.

"I know what I have been taught, " Kagome said softly. "However, sometimes I can't help but wonder if there isn't something more. My grandfather has told me about lands far away where the people believe there is only one god. Who's right? Us or them?"

Miroku spoke up from ahead. "If you continue talking like that, priestess, you are going to put us both out of a job."

Inuyasha snorted. "Naturally, our perverted priest only thinks of himself."

Kagome laughed softly and placed her hand on the deity's arm. He felt himself relaxing at her touch. The warm desert air drew out her scent, making it impossible for him to ignore it.

He leaned towards the beautiful priestess and whispered, "I'll take you to the river for a bath when we stop for the night."

Kagome blushed, hoping the others hadn't heard. She nodded shyly and squeezed Inuyasha's arm in response. The thought of the cool water and Inuyasha's warm body together made her wish the sun was lower on the horizon. It would be many hours before they would be stopping for the night.

Sango spoke to Miroku, hoping to distract him from any further attempt to bait Inuyasha. The youkai exterminator could see that Inuyasha and Kagome wanted to speak privately. Somehow, the thought of spending time alone with the temple priest was intriguing.

"I notice you wear a rosary around your hand. Kagome mentioned something about it to me. She said you have an air void. I didn't know there were such things."

Miroku focused his attention on his hand for a moment. He seemed lost in his own thoughts. He startled Sango by speaking suddenly.

"My grandfather was the first priest of Inuyasha's temple. He was there before Inuyasha was sealed by the first priestess. I didn't know him," his voice trailed off as he looked into the distance. "He was consumed by his air void before I was born. I only know about him from my father and from the temple's scrolls."

Sango frowned, "I didn't mean to bring up something that pains you."

"No, it's all right. It's something I have had to deal with for most of my life. Like my grandfather and father, it will most likely also be the cause of my life's end."

They walked in silence for a moment. Sango turned to Miroku.

"Surely there is something that can be done about it?" She suddenly wished that there was something she could do to help. For the first time since she had met the priest, he seemed vulnerable. It was a side of him that he apparently kept hidden from others.

"The only way to rid myself of it would be to find the one who caused it and either have them remove the curse or kill them. Seeing that the curse was put on my grandfather fifty years ago, it seems unlikely that the one who did it would still be alive."

Sango's brow furrowed as she thought. "If they were powerful enough to place such a curse on your grandfather, perhaps they are still alive? You would think that someone that strong would know how to help themselves, too."

"I really hadn't thought of that. No matter. I know my fate. I can only live my life to the fullest now. The void continues to grow larger. Eventually it will consume me. And, unlike my grandfather and father, I have no children to carry on my lineage."

Sango looked surprised. "Even with all your womanizing, you have no children? Why do I find that funny?"

Miroku looked at the youkai exterminator. "What matter is it to you, anyway? Surely you find a man like me repulsive."

Sango blushed and looked away. She didn't understand her own reaction to Miroku. She knew his reputation, but there was something about him that told her that perhaps his reputation wasn't all there was to the priest.

Miroku's gaze traveled across the young woman, coming to rest on her backside. Even covered with her kimono and skirt, her perfectly rounded bottom lured him like bait in a trap. He found himself unable to stop from reaching his hand out to grab her.

Smack. The sound echoed from the small ridge that ran parallel to the river.

"You deserved that, I'm sure," Inuyasha joked from behind.

Miroku turned and glared at the deity, only to look away quickly when Kagome giggled at the red handprint on the priest's face. He hadn't expected Sango to be that quick. He would have to wait for another opportunity. Even without her formfitting catsuit on, there was something irresistible about her backside, especially when she walked.

"Who put the curse on your family?" Sango asked as she sidestepped to get away from Miroku's hand again.

"The strange thing is, nobody seems to know who did it or why. All I do know is that the curse started about the same time that Inuyasha was sealed to the pillar at the temple. I have read and re-read every scroll at the temple to see if I can find out anything more. I have found nothing. I can't help but wonder if the curse is somehow related to the events of that day." Miroku stared at his hand as he walked. As hard as he had tried to forget about his air void at times, the truth always came back to him. He, too, was destined to be consumed by his air void and he didn't even know why the curse had been placed on his family.

"I was at the temple all day. I never left. Kikyou went to the village to tend to that damned thief she was taking care of. Your grandfather left shortly after Kikyou did. I'm not even sure where he went, but I assumed he was going to the village, too. That was the last time I saw him. He wasn't there when Kikyou came in and shot me with that damned arrow…" Inuyasha could see the events in his mind as though they had just happened. The fifty years he was sealed to the pillar had been no more than a night's sleep to him.

Kagome could see that the deity was distraught. She slipped her hand into his and gave it a gentle squeeze. He hesitated for a moment before returning the gesture.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "It's just that every time I think about what happened I just want to…"

The priestess nodded but said nothing. She longed to put her arms around him and comfort him, but could see that what he needed now was time. And some space.

The companions continued to walk in silence for a time. The sun was warm, but there was a breeze coming off the river, which ran not far from the road. The buzz of insects could be heard in the distance, along with an occasional bird squawking and flying from the river.

"Kagome, would you like to ride?" Sango broke the silence after a while.

"What do you mean, 'ride'?" Kagome gave Sango a puzzled look.

"Come here and I'll show you."

Inuyasha nodded to Kagome. "Go ahead. I'm sure you're tired of walking. It's all right."

The priestess took several quick steps to catch up with Sango. The youkai exterminator stopped. Kirara stopped by her.

Sango quickly climbed onto Kirara's back, straddling her and reaching a hand to Kagome. The priestess took her hand and allowed herself to be pulled up. She quickly sat behind Sango, except that she sat sideways and grabbed onto Sango for support.

"Are you okay?" the youkai exterminator asked.

"I think so. Are you sure Kirara doesn't mind?" Kagome looked hesitantly at the transformed youkai she sat on.

Kirara answered by purring loudly.

"Well, she's out of your reach now," Inuyasha smirked as he moved to walk next to Miroku.

The priest mumbled something unintelligible and changed the topic.

` "Well, what exactly are you planning to do when we get there? We can't just walk right into the pharaoh's palace, after all."

"Why not?" Inuyasha frowned, obviously still not sure how things would be handled. He had never been to the palace, and just the thought of having to deal with this particular pharaoh was enough to make his blood curdle. Something just wasn't right about their illustrious leader, and he for one wanted to know what it was.

The deity crossed his arms and walked silently. His thoughts were interrupted by Kagome.

"I haven't seen the entire palace, but I have been inside," the priestess said quietly. Memories of her last visit there were anything but pleasant. "I know the way to the pharaoh's private rooms."

Sango spoke up. "The room I was at seemed more like a public audience chamber. I know I could find it again." She paused, looking apologetic. "That's the only part of the palace I have been to."

Miroku added that he had been to the palace, although it had been many years before. "I'm sure if I see it, I'll remember something."

"It looks like we will have to check the place out before we can do anything." Inuyasha stared ahead as he walked, his mind going over the little information he had to work on. Surely any dungeons or cells would be at a lower level than the public and private areas. They would have to hope that Sango's brother was being held at the palace itself, and not some other location.

They spent the rest of the afternoon walking quietly. They stopped to eat a light meal before continuing until it was almost dark.

Sango spotted a good place to spend the night from her perch on Kirara's back and the companions quickly set up camp. Inuyasha and Miroku scrounged for anything they could make a fire with while Sango and Kagome went to the river and filled their water jugs. Before long they had a fire burning and had their blankets laid out for the night.

Miroku was busy talking with Sango when Inuyasha nodded to Kagome.

"You said you wanted a bath, didn't you?"

The priestess blushed and nodded. She had enjoyed Sango's company during the afternoon, but had missed walking with Inuyasha. She felt a knot of excitement growing in her stomach as she quickly stood up and followed the deity.

Inuyasha walked until he was out of sight of the camp. He paused, letting her catch up. As soon as she was near him he slipped his arm around her waist and pulled her to him. His lips locked on hers, desperate to make up for lost time.

"Inuyasha," she whispered as he lifted her in his arms and carried her to the river bank. He slowly folded his legs, lowering himself to a sitting position on the sand. He still held his priestess in his arms, pulling her tightly to him as he kissed her again.

"Kagome." His voice was raspy as he buried his face between her neck and shoulder, nuzzling her. He ran his hands gently up and down her back, sending shivers of pleasure through her. She gasped softly as he moved his lips to her ear and started nibbling on it. He continued stroking her back as he gently tugged on the soft lobe with his lips and teeth, being careful not to hurt her.

The priestess found herself unable to resist the draw of his ears. Her hands slid up to his silvery-white hair, stroking it as they moved upwards, finally coming to rest on the velveteen triangles that protruded from the top of his head. He moaned softly as she took one between her fingers, rubbing it gently. She shifted her position, stretching up to bring her lips near one of his ears. He could feel her soft breath against it as she whispered his name. Inuyasha started when Kagome's warm lips touched his ear, gently kissing it before she slid her tongue along it.

"What are you doing?" he moaned as he pulled her closer.

She answered by taking the tip into her mouth, tugging it gently as her hand continued rubbing his other ear.

Inuyasha could feel the pleasure spreading through him. Kagome's touch was gentle, her voice soft as she whispered and moaned near his ear. She was warm against him, her body flush with his. She lifted herself higher, placing herself where she could reach his ears. Her movements brought her breasts to the deity's face level.

He buried his face between the supple mounds as he slid a hand to her waist and undid the sash that held her robes closed. The thin linen parted easily, dropped from her shoulders to the sand. He loosened her shift, bringing it down to expose her creamy orbs to his waiting mouth.

He gently sucked on one of her nipples while he gently kneaded the other breast with one hand. She arched her back slightly, bringing herself closer to him. He flicked his tongue over the tip, teasing it to erection.

Kagome could feel a tingling sensation starting where Inuyasha's mouth continued to taste and tease her, flowing downwards until it settled in her special place between her legs. The deity could feel the growing warmth coming from her as he slipped one hand down her back, tracing her spine until he came to her firm, rounded backside. He finished undoing her shift, letting it join her robes on the sand as he made gentle circles on her skin with his fingertips. His hand slipped slowly lower, finally coming to rest between her bare legs. Her scent was augmented by her arousal, her warmth releasing the fragrance of her womanly juices as they coated her, preparing her for what was still to come.

"Kagome," he rasped as he stroked her swollen womanhood, sending shivers of pleasure through her before plunging two fingers into her. He probed her deeply as he continued to kiss her bare breasts, feeling her body pushing against him in rhythm to the thrusts of his fingers. He slid his fingers from her, bringing them between them before plunging them into her again. His palm pressed against her nub as he pumped his digits in and out. Her cries of pleasure were fuel to his own desire and he found himself pushing his hips against her, his throbbing manhood coming to life as it rubbed against her bare thigh.

"I'm not going to be able to hold out much longer," he mumbled. He could tell she was close to ecstasy, so he removed his hand from her breasts and quickly undid his kilt, releasing his pulsing shaft. He removed his other hand from her and grasped her hips firmly, being careful not to hurt her as he pushed her hips down onto him. He could feel his manhood slide into her, the warmth and pressure of her closing around him. Kagome shivered and moaned, arching her back again as he brought her down firmly on top of him.

"Hold onto to me," he murmured into her ear. "Hold tight."

She slipped her arms around his neck, grabbing onto him as he grasped her thighs. He stood up, holding her to himself. She slipped her legs around him, hugging him around his hips. She gasped as he lifted her slightly before letting her slide back to where she had been. He repeated his movement, sliding her up and down along his throbbing shaft as he pushed his hips towards her.

Kagome threw her head back, making unintelligible sounds of pleasure as she felt him thrust himself into her over and over. She found herself clenching her body around him, her own hips tipping and pushing against him as he filled her. Their movements grew faster as they both approached the moment of release. Kagome cried out as he released his seed into her, mingling with her own arousal. He quickly covered her mouth with his, searching hers with his tongue as she quivered in his arms. She moaned into his mouth, letting her own tongue explore it while she tightened herself around his still throbbing shaft.

Inuyasha stilled the movements of her hips against him as he kissed her again, his lips gentle but firm on her soft mouth. He whispered her name before kissing her again. He wanted only to stay this way with her, holding her warm body against him.

The deity sighed and lifted her from him, carefully letting his shaft slide from its home. Kagome released her legs from his hips, letting him lower her to a standing position in front of him. Her breathing was labored from their exertions, her heart beating fast and loud. Inuyasha tightened his arms around her, pulling her to the warmth of his chest.

"Are you all right?" he asked as he peered at her face.

"I've never been better," she gasped between breaths. Her lungs and heart were quickly returning to their normal state as she wrapped her arms around him, her hands tangling themselves in the long silvery hair that ran down his back. She laughed softly. "I really need a bath now."

They were both sweaty from their moment of passion, so Inuyasha quickly lifted the priestess into his arms and walked into the water, where he promptly dropped her.

She surfaced, sputtering and shocked at what he had done. "What do you think you're doing?"

The deity shook his head and placed a finger over his lips. "We have company, and I don't think you want that lecherous priest to see you naked, do you?"

Kagome ducked back under the water, only her head and the top of her shoulders visible. Inuyasha warned her to stay down and quickly leapt to the river bank. He laughed when he heard the sound of someone scrambling from the bushes and back to the camp site.

The priestess looked at him when he came back. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. It's just that I didn't think Sango was a pervert, too."

Kagome's eyes opened wide in surprise. "You mean she was peeping, too?" She couldn't believe such a thing from her new friend, but trusted Inuyasha's senses enough to know it must be true.

"Finish your bath. I'll take care of those two perverts."

Sango had watched Inuyasha and Kagome leave the camp. They were headed to the river for the priestess to have a bath. The youkai exterminator glanced down at her own dust-covered clothes and figured she could use a good cleaning herself. She quickly gathered what she needed and shot Miroku a look that told him in no uncertain terms that he was not to follow her.

"Inuyasha is keeping guard for Kagome. I'm sure he'd just love to catch you trying to look at her while she bathes. I'm going to join her. I need to get some of this dirt and sand off of me." She ran her hands through her hair, grimacing at the feel of grit under her fingers. One thing about sand. It tended to get everywhere.

"I'm not sure that's such a good idea," the priest started, only to realize that Sango had already walked out of earshot. He shrugged his shoulders. Of course, no matter what Inuyasha and Kagome had done at the temple those nights it surely wouldn't carry over here. Not in the open where anyone could stumble upon them.

Moments later, the sound of footsteps caught his attention. He looked up to see Sango. She clutched her things to her chest and shook her head.

"I don't believe it. "

Miroku was at her side immediately. "What's wrong, Sango? What happened?" His concern was obvious as he stood next to her and didn't even think about grabbing her backside.

"I figured I could just bathe with Kagome, since Inuyasha said he would be keeping watch. I didn't expect to find them…" She blushed heavily, not knowing how to explain what she had just seen.

"What exactly were they doing?" Miroku's interest was piqued, and he glanced in the direction the deity and priestess had gone a short time before.

Sango blushed again and stammered. "I could tell they care about each other, but I never expected to walk in on them doing that!"

Shit, Miroku thought. If Inuyasha and Kagome were doing something that was embarrassing Sango this much, he simply had to see it for himself. After all, he was the temple priest, and he reminded himself that it was his duty to serve and protect his deity. Of course, getting a good look at Kagome while she bathed would be a fringe benefit he wouldn't turn down.

The priest turned and walked quickly down the path of footprints that led to the river.

"I really don't think you should be spying on them, Miroku. What they do is their business and I'm sure Inuyasha would be furious if caught you."

Miroku grabbed her wrist as she caught up with him. "He's going to hear us for sure if you don't quiet down."

Sango found herself blushing heavily again. Only this time it wasn't because of what she saw but due to the reaction Miroku's hand on her arm was getting from her. She found herself following him blindly. She had no desire to spy on Inuyasha and Kagome, but the thought of the priest going there without her did not set well with her.

"I'm coming under protest," she hissed at him. She hadn't even tried to shake his hand from her arm.

"Noted. I'll be sure to tell Inuyasha you are innocent."

Sango hissed softly again. "That's if he doesn't kill us both first."

Miroku held his free hand up for silence as they reached the bushes that lined the river bank. He kept hold of Sango's wrist with one hand while using the other to move some leaves from his view. What he saw made his eyes nearly pop out of his head. Surely Kagome wasn't hanging naked from Inuyasha's equally naked body?

Sango gasped and blushed again, quickly turning her head away. She suddenly felt guilty for being there, knowing that her new friend was having a private moment with her man. She could only imagine how she would feel if she found out that Kagome had spied on her.

But I haven't done anything like that, she mused to herself. She felt her heart lurch as Miroku pulled her down towards him, signaling again for her to be quiet.

"Hiding behind these bushes won't do us any good," the youkai exterminator whispered. After all, Inuyasha was a hanyou. And, while he might not be a full youkai, he surely had at least some of the characteristics of one, including very sensitive hearing. She held her breath for a moment, hoping beyond hope that the deity was too distracted by his woman to notice the errant priest and youkai exterminator peering at them from the bushes.

Miroku's hand tightened on Sango's wrist when Kagome cried out in passion. The priest hadn't realized he had dug his fingers into Sango's arm until she yelped in pain. The sound startled them both, breaking the quiet of the night. They looked out and saw Inuyasha scoop Kagome up and rush into the river, dropping her into the water before turning to look suspiciously in their direction. They could see the deity say something to the priestess before he bounded out of the water.

By the time he reached the bushes, they were empty.

Miroku and Sango ran back to the camp. They stopped when they reached the perimeter, glancing back in the direction they had come in. There seemed no sign of pursuit.

"That was close," Miroku wheezed.

Sango glared at him. "You really can't believe he didn't know we were there. He does have the hearing of a youkai, after all. He's going to kill us."

"Well, as I am a condemned man, I guess I can only die once. I might as well go out with a smile on my face." He quickly grabbed Sango's other wrist and pulled her to him, placing a firm kiss on her mouth before she could protest.

The protest never came.

Sango could feel the heat rising in her, allowing herself to surrender to this new feeling. She felt warm despite the cool air that blew from the direction of the river. The touch of Miroku's lips on hers was like nothing she had ever experienced before. Something inside her was awakening, sending quivers through her as she leaned into the kiss.

She found herself wondering if she was just reacting to her friend's passion as she watched her by the river. No, this was more. It flowed deep inside her. She felt a connection to the man who still held her wrists, his lips unwilling to break their hold on hers. She fought for self-control, only to find herself glad when she lost her internal struggle. There was something so different about the priest. He wasn't like the men of her village.

Miroku had assumed Sango would fight him. He expected to receive one of her amazingly strong slaps, only to be rewarded instead with the feel of her body as she leaned into him. He carefully released one of her wrists, moving his hand slowly up her arm until it rested just below her shoulder. The priest waited expectantly. Surely now that her hand was free she would react.

Sango's hand slid instead to the side of his waist, resting lightly against his body. He slowly released her other wrist, his hand following a gentle path up her arm. He grasped her shoulders and pulled her closer, never breaking from the kiss. He could feel her other hand on his waist, resting there for a moment before both of her hands slid around him.

She didn't understand what she was feeling, but refused to fight it any more. Her blood was practically boiling with the sensation of warmth that radiated between them. Her own lips moved in response to his, parting slightly and relaxing as the dizzying rush of passion flowed through her. She found herself pulling Miroku closer as she pushed against him.

The priest's eyes opened in surprise as he felt Sango's hands slide lower, not stopping until she held his backside firmly in her grasp.

"Call it payback, " she hissed softly, refusing to take her lips from his.

He closed his eyes and reveled in the feeling of her fingers kneading the firm muscles of his backside.

Miroku slid his hands to her back, wrapping his arms around her shoulders as he tightened his grasp on her. He marveled at how she felt in his arms, her body molding to his as she continued to return his kisses with a growing passion.

A small moan escaped the demon exterminator, fueling Miroku's own passion as his hands stroked her back, moving gradually lower until they were poised about her backside. He thrilled at the thought of what was to come, only to be snapped back into awareness suddenly.

"Perverts!" Inuyasha growled as he launched himself into the campsite. He stopped suddenly, a look of confusion spreading across his face when he saw Miroku and Sango, still clinging to each other.

Sango pulled away from the priest, blushing deeply and refusing to look at either man. How could she have let herself give in to Miroku? She silently chastised herself for her moment of weakness. Her guilty feelings faded as soon as she glanced at the priest, dismissed by the tiny voice in her head that told her that she had done nothing wrong. Her blood still raced through her, its pulse drumming in her ears. She brought her hand to her mouth, touching her lips where Miroku's had kissed her. She found herself glaring at Inuyasha for interrupting them.

The deity glanced from Miroku to Sango and back, shaking his head as his shoulders started to shake

We're dead, thought Miroku. He moved closer to Sango, determined to keep her safe from the deity's wrath when he realized that Inuyasha was laughing. What the hell? the priest thought. He glanced at Sango, only to see his own confusion mirrored on her face.

"Well, if nothing else, maybe you have an idea what we felt like when you decided to spy on us from the bushes." Inuyasha smirked at their embarrassment.

Sango stammered, "We weren't spying. We just…"

Inuyasha growled. "Perhaps you weren't spying, but I'd bet half the temple's gold that our perverted priest was."

Miroku shook his head, determined to get himself and Sango out of their predicament. "I simply walked Sango to the river. She thought to bathe while Kagome did, knowing that you would be keeping watch for intruders."

"The one I would have to keep the tightest watch on would be you, priest." He snarled, daring the priest to explain that away.

Sango's expression became serious as she looked to the path Inuyasha had followed from the river. "What about Kagome?"

"SHIT!" Inuyasha raced back down the path, his uttered curses floating on the breeze as he sped to the river, and Kagome.

Miroku and Sango looked at each other for a moment. They both wondered if their reprieve was just temporary.

Inuyasha skidded to a halt on the sandy bank of the river and looked frantically at the water. There was no sign of Kagome. He paused to check for her scent, only to be startled by her soft touch on his arm.

"Kagome," he spun around and grabbed her, pulling her close to him.

"What's wrong?" Her voice was soft as she cuddled against him.

"Those damn perverts had me so mad that I completely forgot you were still in the river. Then, when I didn't see you…" his voice trailed off as he pulled her closer. She had put her clothing back on and was shivering slightly from the cool night air. Inuyasha scooped her up in his arms turned back towards the camp.

"What about your kilt?"

He had run after Miroku and Sango with nothing on. His shock turned quickly to embarrassment as he set Kagome down and put on his own clothes. He pulled her again into a tight embrace, kissing her firmly before lifting her again into his arms. She snuggled against his shoulder as he carried her back to where the others were waiting.

"By the way, you might like to know something," he chuckled.

"Huh?" Kagome reached up and started rubbing the ear that faced her. It twitched slightly under her soft touch and she could feel rather than hear Inuyasha moan at the sensation.

He chuckled softly again. "I guess you don't want to know."

She tugged on his ear. "I'm listening. What's so important?"

"Well, when I chased those damn perverts after they were spying on me, I caught them. Let's just say they were rather embarrassed." He took a moment to nuzzle Kagome's neck before placing a gentle kiss just behind her ear.

"What would they be embarrassed about?" she whispered as she found herself reacting to his actions on her neck.

"Well, they still had their clothes on…." This time Inuyasha's chuckle blossomed into a full-fledged laugh as he caught the amazed expression on Kagome's face.

"You can't be serious?"

"I think the pervert was watching us to figure out what to do…." Inuyasha paused to set Kagome down. "Come to think of it, I wasn't finished. Maybe we should go back to the river." He looked hopefully at her.

"Is that all you think about any more?"

Inuyasha screwed his face up into a grimace, pretending to be thinking. "Yes." He pulled her close to him, pressing one hand against her lower back while the other circled her shoulders. He caught her lips with his, his mouth moving against hers as he pressed her hips to him. He could feel her heartbeat quicken as her breathing turned to gasps each time he pushed against her.

"You're not being fair, " she complained. Her voice was already deep with her growing passion. Her body was responding to him, her hips matching his rhythm as she moaned softly. Her hands reached up to his ears, lightly stroking the tips before settling at the base. She rubbed them firmly between her fingers, delighting in the groans of pleasure her movements brought from him.

"You're the one who isn't fair," he hissed lightly in her ear. He lifted her again, only to stoop and lay her onto the sand at his feet. He quickly knelt over her, his knees on each side of her hips as he caught her hands and pulled them above her head. He lowered his hips to her, trapping her underneath him as he again claimed her lips.

Kagome squirmed suggestively beneath him as she softened her lips, returning his kiss. She could feel the tip of an oversized canine press into the soft fullness of her lips as he gently nipped at her mouth. She parted her lips slightly, allowing him entry. His tongue thrust into her mouth, seeking and finding its mate. He kissed her deeply, marveling in her touch, her taste.

He released her hands, slipping his arms around her shoulders. Kagome's hands slid to his chest, lightly stroking his taut muscles as he held himself above her. Her fingers traced unknown patterns on his chest, traveling from his neck downwards. She undid his kilt, tossing the soft linen to the side of them before returning her hand to him. She continued to stroke him, her hands soft against his body. Her hands continued downward, nearing the source of his desire. She smiled as she slid them back to his chest, just before reaching his manhood.

"You're a tease," he moaned.

"So are you," she responded as she felt him lower his hips, hovering just above her. She could feel the tip of his manhood lightly press against her private place, enough to arouse her but not close enough to pleasure her. She pushed her hips towards him, only to be pinned beneath him as he crossed his legs over her thighs. He kissed her again as he brought his hands in front of her, quickly undoing her robes and shift. He brought his mouth to one breast as he bared it, letting his tongue circle the tip languidly. Her nipple tensed and hardened as he took it into his mouth, sucking it with increasing eagerness. He gently massaged the other breast with one hand, using the other to support himself over her.

Kagome's moaned as Inuyasha let his tongue tease first one and then the other nipple to erection. Her back arched, pushing her breasts closer to him. He lowered himself to her, his bare chest touching her soft skin as he brought his mouth to hers again. He could feel the warmth radiating from her, its center just below his hips.

Inuyasha raised himself over her, taking one hand and parting her robes more fully. The moon was at its last quarter, sending scant light across her body. But, his hanyou senses allowed him to see her as clearly as if it were daytime. He marveled at the perfection of her body as he allowed his gaze to travel across her silken skin.

His attention wasn't lost to her, even in the semi-darkness. She felt herself blush as he studied her for a moment before pushing himself along her legs, coming to rest with his hips at her ankles. He raised himself off her long enough to slide her legs from beneath him, placing them to each side of him before leaning over her. He kissed the inside of her thigh just above her knee. He could feel a quiver rush through her, urging him to continue. He followed with a moving line of kisses, each closer to her special place than the last.

Kagome writhed in pleasure as his lips and tongue stroked the sensitized skin, moving ever closer to the center of her passion. His hands gently pushed her thighs apart as he moved forward. Her scent escaped from her open legs, arousing Inuyasha further as he approached his goal.

She gasped as she felt his tongue against her, stroking the swollen lips surrounding her womanhood. She was slick with desire, her body ready for him. His tongue stroked her again before he closed his lips around the fold of skin that covered her hidden nub. He sucked her lightly as he moved one hand between her legs, sliding his finger into her. Her body reacted, her back arching and hips lifting to him. A second finger joined the first as he continued to gently tease her nub.

Kagome's breath was coming in uneven gasps as her arousal increased. He could feel her heightened pulse as the blood rushed to the center of her passion. He could tell she was close to release. Soon, he thought as he pulsed his fingers in and out of her. It only took a couple of thrusts to bring her to the edge. He quickly slid out of her and moved forward, his hips coming even with hers. He kissed her hard, again thrusting his tongue into her warm, soft mouth. She could taste herself on his lips as pushed them against hers. His own breath was in short, hard gasps as he lowered his hips to hers.

He lay between her open legs for a moment before lifting one of his legs and shifting it to straddle her thigh. Her thigh pressed into his hardened shaft, coaxing it into finding its home. It slid into her easily, sending her spiraling closer to her moment of ecstasy. He pushed himself into her as deeply as he could, holding himself there for a moment as she moved against him.

"Please," she whispered as her hips pressed upwards against him.

"That's what I intend to do," he murmured back. He lifted himself partly out of her before thrusting deeply into her again. She pulsed against him, moans and whimpers escaping from her. He continued to retreat and advance, moving harder and faster each time he drove his shaft deep into her. He could feel the muscles of her womanhood clench and loosen around him, adding to his own pleasure. He mumbled something unintelligible to her as her hips rocked in rhythm with his, flooding him with desire until he could hold himself back no more. He cried out her name as he exploded into her, feeling her body spasm around him as she climaxed with him. Her own cries of pleasure were cut short as his mouth covered hers, kissing her more passionately than even before. He held her to him as her body quivered in reaction to the orgasm. She surprised him by digging her fingers into his backside, pulling him to her again. He pressed into her as deeply as he could and held himself there for a moment, watching as she continued to wriggle beneath him.

Her hands loosened their hold on him, allowing him to slowly slide from her. He moved his leg from between her thighs and lay down on the sand next to her.

"Kagome," he mumbled as he gathered her still quivering body against him.

She lifted her head and placed a gentle kiss on his lips before shifting herself to nip gently on his ears. She moved again, bringing her head to rest on his shoulder while slipping one arm around him. She lay her free hand on his chest, stroking it lightly in small circles. "That was amazing, Inuyasha."

He could tell by her voice that she was exhausted. He had to remind himself that she was human, after all, and couldn't be expected to keep up with the stamina of a hanyou. Although, he admitted to himself proudly, she was doing a very good job trying.

"You need sleep, or you'll never be able to make it through the day tomorrow."

"I'll be okay." A yawn escaped despite her attempts to stop it.

Inuyasha moved her robes to cover her the best he could before he grabbed at his kilt. He draped the thin linen across his hips as he settled next to her, pulling her into the safety of his arms.

"Before I forget…" He lifted his head and looked in the direction of the camp. "We're sleeping over here tonight. And, we had better not be disturbed!" He shouted out to Miroku and Sango.

"Why did you do that? We're done, aren't we?" Kagome looked at him questioningly, her ears still ringing from him shouting so close to them.

He moved his mouth to her ear. "We're done, but I think they would be more comfortable if they know we won't be disturbing them tonight."

"You can't honestly think they are going to…" Kagome whispered back.

"You didn't see them earlier, " he responded as he pulled her more tightly against him. "Now, sleep, " he demanded.

"But," she started, only to be cut off by a forceful kiss.

"I said sleep. You aren't going to deny the wishes of your deity, are you?"

She slipped her arms around him, giving him a gentle hug in response.

"Good-night, Inuyasha." Kagome's voice was scarcely more than a whisper. "I love you."

"Go to sleep, " he scolded her. He smiled to himself as he rested his head against hers. "I love you, too, Kagome."

The priestess sighed and snuggled against him. She was asleep almost immediately.

Miroku and Sango had watched the hastily retreating deity in shock. They had been so worried about his reaction that neither had noted his lack of attire until he turned to leave. Sango found herself blushing. She hadn't really seen him earlier, as Kagome's body had blocked her view. Miroku frowned when she saw Sango continuing to stare in the direction Inuyasha had gone.

"So, I'm not the only pervert." He teased.

"I am no such thing. I was just worrying about Kagome. He seemed to be in a real hurry to get back to her." She paused, looking at her hands. "I hope she's all right."

First Sango, and then Miroku, moved to the fire and sat down. They were silent, neither knowing what to say. Sango could feel the heat rising in her cheeks every time she thought about what had almost happened between her and the priest. Her palms felt clammy and her stomach felt like it was tied up in knots just thinking about their kiss.

Miroku averted his gaze, poking a stick at the fire. He hadn't expected Sango to respond to him and it had him confused. What he was feeling was different than anything he had experienced before. Holding her in his arms like he did, and kissing her had left him light-headed, almost giddy. He conjured up the image of her face as his lips first met hers. Her expression had turned from surprise to something else. He found himself longing to resume what had been so unfortunately interrupted by Inuyasha's appearance at the camp. Surely it had only been a momentary lapse on the demon exterminator's part and would not be repeated.

Kirara had been sleeping on Sango's blanket, her tiny cat body curled into a ball. She raised her head and looked expectantly at Miroku and Sango as she whisked her tail from side to side. She had been with Sango long enough to understand her partner. She also was aware of Sango's emotions, and it was crystal clear to the little cat youkai that the young woman was quickly falling for the handsome priest. Kirara scampered to where Sango sat and jumped onto her lap, purring and rubbing against her.

"Kirara." She reached down and stroked the youkai, wondering what had brought on the sudden need for affection. Kirara looked up at Sango, a glint in her eye as she mewed and looked at Miroku. Sango followed her gaze, finding herself looking at Miroku. The priest sat only inches from her. She felt her heart skip a beat as she looked at his profile. The fire cast changing shadows across his features, reflecting in his eyes as he turned to look at her. There was something about his expression that caught her attention. A gentleness she hadn't seen before. She felt a pleasant tightness in her chest when he smiled at her.

Damn. How could I be falling for such an obvious pervert? she thought to herself. She startled when Kirara jumped from her lap and walked to the path leading to the river. The cat youkai moved a short distance down it and transformed before lying down. She would be sure to guard her friend from further interruption. Even Kirara herself had felt drawn to Miroku. Despite his outward behavior, she knew he had a good heart. She had lived long enough to become a good judge of character.

"Why did she do that?" Sango asked of nobody in particular. Kirara's behavior had been obvious. The little youkai had a purpose, and the fact that Sango now sat alone with Miroku seemed to be it.

Miroku raised an eyebrow at her question. "I think the answer is obvious."

Sango could feel Miroku lean towards her, his shoulder touching hers and sending warning signals to every part of her. She ignored the signals, closing her eyes and relaxing as she felt his arm slip around her shoulder.

"You're tense," he commented rather dryly. He moved behind her, sitting with his legs straddled around her while he pressed his palms into the back of her shoulders. His hands were warm and strong as he gently massaged her tightened muscles. He smiled when she sighed, moving his hands to the back of her neck. His fingers worked magic on her as they prodded and pressed into her, forcing out the stress as he leaned closer to her.

She could feel him move her hair to the side, exposing the nape of her neck to his hot, moist lips. She gasped at the touch, delighting in the almost electric charge it seemed to send through her body. His breath was warm on her neck as he brought a line of soft kisses to just under her ear. His lips caught the lobe, gently sucking on it while his hands circled her, closing around her waist as he drew her closer to him.

She didn't resist, her body surrendering to him as she felt him pressed against her. She lifted one hand to his head as he continued to tease her lobe. She stroked his hair, tangling her fingers in it and pulling his face to her as she turned her head and kissed him over her shoulder.

"Ah, I see you are a woman of action," he laughed softly. He could feel her shifting in his arms as she turned to face him. She knelt before him, his legs still straddling her as she took his face in both hands and put her lips to his.

"I warn you now, if I ever see you with another woman after this..."

Miroku smiled. "What would you do?"

She answered by bringing one knee rather forcibly towards his groin, slowing the movement before coming in contact with him. She pressed it against him, surprised to find that he was already aroused.

"Let's just say that you won't be able to father anyone's child if I do," she murmured back as she kissed him again.

"Don't worry. I have a feeling you are all I'm going to be able to handle." His arms reached out and captured her, pulling her forward as he lay back on the sand. Sango landed on him, her legs between his. The priest took advantage of their position and wrapped his legs around her thighs, locking her to him.

He moaned as she pressed her hips to his groin, feeling his growing excitement as she leaned in for another kiss. His arms moved over her back, stroking her through her kimono. The fabric was silky, allowing his hands to slide effortlessly across her back and shoulders. He reached one to the nape of her neck, grabbing a fistful of hair as he brought her face to his. His other hand slowly found its way to her backside, cupping over it before grabbing her through the layered fabric.

"Mine better be the only ass you grab from this point on," she warned as she pressed herself to him again. She could feel the beads on his hand as he massaged her, adding to the stimulation.

Sango could feel her blood pounding in her head as she attacked his mouth again, pressing her body against him as he moaned under her.

"Something isn't right, " the priest murmured when she released his lips.

She raised her head and looked at him, confused at what could be wrong. She felt his hands go to the tie that held her overskirt, quickly loosing the ends and unwrapping it from her body. Only her silken kimono and his thin robes kept them apart, and he wasn't' going to allow that. He shifted his position, gently flipping Sango onto her back while he straddled her hips and reached for the ties on her kimono.

"No you don't, " she hissed as she threw him off her. He felt the wind knocked out of his lungs and lay quietly, gasping for breath as Sango crawled over to him and started undoing his robes.

"I repeat, a woman of action." Miroku smirked, enjoying the feel of her hands as she felt for the ends of cloth that held his robes closed. It only took a moment before the fabric parted and she slid her hands down his chest, moving it from his body.

The fire was low, casting dim shadows across his body as Sango gazed at his bare flesh. His arms and chest were muscular, the definition highlighted by the light cast to the dancing flames. She leaned forward, moving her hands across his chest as she leaned in to kiss him again.

"Okay, now it's your turn," he laughed as he broke from the kiss and once again flipped her gently to the sand. He quickly straddled her his, bringing his hands to the ties on her kimono once again. This time she didn't resist and he quickly undid the last thing that came between them.

The silky kimono slid effortlessly from her, leaving her exposed for his approval. He narrowed his eyes and moved his gaze along her curves, nodding his approval and whistling softly under his breath.

"Pervert," she chided as she reached her hands to his chest. Her touch was electrifying, sending shivers of anticipation through him. He moved to lay next to her, slipping his arms around her and drawing her to him. Her skin was warm against him. She circled her arms around his neck, bringing him closer to kiss her.

He caught her lips with his, moving hungrily over her mouth as she responded to him. Her mouth was warm and moist, inviting him in when her lips parted slightly. He thrust his tongue into it, tempting her to respond with her own. They continued to kiss deeply as their hands explored each other.

His hand found her breast, gently cupping it and stroking its firm roundness. Sango moaned softly, pushing herself against him as her own hands traveled to his hips and lower, grasping his backside and pulling him to her. Her moans grew louder with each touch, fueling his desire as his hands grew more demanding at her breasts. He rubbed the nipple between his fingers, feeling it harden at his touch. Sango cried out, begging him for more as she slid one hand around his hip, sliding it between their hips until she could grasp his manhood. The shaft pulsed in her hand as she wrapped her hand around it, stroking it to full arousal.

Miroku pushed himself against her hand as he slipped one hand to the warm moistness between her legs. Her excitement coated his fingers as they probed and stroked her, searching for her points of pleasure.

"Miroku, " she whispered, pushing her hips against his hand as he rubbed her nub.

He slid his fingers across her, watching her squirm with pleasure before sliding them further between her legs. She was swollen with her arousal, her lips radiating heat at his touch. He explored her, his fingers moving along the engorged folds of skin before slipping into her.

Sango's entire body spasmed with pleasure as his fingers slid deeply into her. Her hand clutched his manhood more tightly, stroking him as he pulsed his fingers in and out of her. Their movements quickened, falling into matching rhythm as their hands excited each other.

Suddenly Sango pushed herself from him, pressing her hands against his shoulders and bringing him to his back on the sand. She lay over him, sliding herself along him until her hips were against his. She could feel his shaft pulsing between them as she rubbed herself against him.

"Are you going to tease me all night?" He grabbed her backside and pulled her hips to him. Her legs straddled him, allowing her leverage as she lifted herself over him. She paused and looked at him, a mischievous smile on her face.

"Well?" She finally asked.

He slid his hand between them and guided himself into her as she lowered her hips to him. She gasped, arching her back as she felt him fill her. His hands grabbed roughly at her hips, pulling her into him as he groaned in pleasure.

Sango's hips lifted slightly before she pushed herself to him again. She raised herself with her arms, putting more weight against his groin as she moved her hips against his. Each movement slid her along his shaft, the friction stimulating them both. She threw her head back, gasping and crying out in pleasure as he moved inside her. His own hips began thrusting against her, moving to match the rhythm she set. She continued to rock herself against him as he brought one hand up to cup her breast. He continued pressing her hips into him with the other hand, grabbing her backside as he pulled her to him.

"Yes!" Sango cried out in pleasure as her body tensed around him. Miroku felt lightheaded as he felt his blood rushing to his manhood. He could tell she was as close to climax as he was. He moved his hand from her breasts, weaving it through her hair at the nape of her neck and pulling her head down to his for a deep, passionate kiss.

He could feel the pressure building in him as she moved more quickly against him. Just when he could hold himself no longer, Sango cried out in ecstasy, her body rocking feverishly against him as he flooded her with his own climax. His mouth covered hers, muffling her cries of pleasure as he pulled her close to him. She moved against him several more times before collapsing to him, her sweat streaked body covering his.

They lay quietly for several moments, Miroku's arms wrapped around her shoulders. She buried her face between his head and shoulder, nipping gently at him.

"That was the most amazing thing I've ever experienced," she murmured against him, moving to grab his earlobe with her lips.

"Amazing, yes. Definitely amazing."

"I hope I didn't disappoint you. I know you are far more experienced than I am," her voice was soft, tinged with a touch of sadness.

He rolled her off him, his shaft sliding out of her as he gathered her into his arms.

"About that…" He closed his eyes, part of him not wanting to tell the truth. He opened his eyes and looked at her. "You are the only woman I have been with like this."

Sango laughed softly. "So, the pervert is a virgin?"

"Was, " he mumbled as he stroked his hand along her chest, letting it come to rest on her lower stomach.

"It's you that seems to have the advantage with experience."

Sango blushed, "You are the only man I have been with. I only know about these things because I was raised with men. The other youkai exterminators of my village were all men. They were like uncles or brothers to me. It's amazing what a woman can learn just by being around then."

"And, will I be the only man you let bed you?" His voice was soft and full of emotion.

"Only if I am the only woman you take to bed," she answered as she nipped his earlobe.

"Ah, what you ask is…" He turned to look into her eyes. There was something about her. He had never met anyone like Sango. "Yes."

Sango squirmed against him. "Maybe we'd better get dressed. The others should have been back by now."

Just then a shout came from the direction of the river. Inuyasha was letting them know that he and Kagome were sleeping away from the camp for the night. Miroku smiled at Sango.

"Guess that means we have the rest of the night."

"And just what do you have in mind?"

Miroku moved to lean over her, taking her mouth with his. "Whatever your heart desires. Only this time, I get to be on top."

"That sounds like a challenge to me," Sango laughed.

Inuyasha lay watching Kagome sleep as the sun crested the horizon. The priestess sighed and moved against him as the light hit her eyelids. She opened her eyes and looked at him.

"Good morning," she stretched in his arms. He was warm against her as he pulled her to him for a kiss.

Inuyasha shook his head. "I don't know how you were able to sleep."

Kagome looked puzzled. "What do you mean?"

He laughed again and looked in the direction of the camp. "With all that noise, I'd be surprised if the pharaoh's palace didn't hear."

The priestess glanced in the direction of their camp. Surely he couldn't mean Miroku and Sango?

Inuyasha lifted her with him as he stood. He reached to the sand for her robes, which had fallen from her during the night. He shook the sand from them before holding them out for her to wiggle into.

"I think I need to start bringing a blanket when I take a bath at the river," she mused, attempting to brush the remaining sand from her clothing.

"Sounds good to me," Inuyasha laughed as he slipped his kilt on. The sand had found its way into his clothing too, and he had a feeling he wasn't going to be very comfortable walking all day with the grit rubbing him.

Kagome slipped her hand into his and pulled him in the direction of the camp.

"I don't know about you, but I'm starving. I wonder why?" She smiled innocently up at him.

"Feh! You know exactly why, woman," he smirked at her, letting his eyes travel up and down her body.

They walked up the path until they saw Kirara. The youkai quickly went back to her cat form and purred at them before leading the way to the camp. She scampered ahead of them, jumping into Sango's arms when she came within sight.

The fire had died during the night. Sango and Miroku looked tired as they greeted the returning companions.

"So, how was your night?" Inuyasha prodded Miroku as he sat next to the priest.

"Hmmm… Probably about the same as yours, I would say," he answered in a monotone voice.

Kagome shot Inuyasha a warning glance. Teasing Miroku was one thing, but Sango was looking very uncomfortable with the direction the conversation was going.

"Sango, let's get some breakfast, " Kagome interjected, shaking her head again at Inuyasha. Her look spoke volumes to the deity as he narrowed his eyes at her and let the corners of his mouth lift into a slight smile. He would wait until Sango was out of earshot to torture the priest.

The two young women took jugs with them to the river for water, leaving the two men alone.

When Kagome and Sango were out of sight, Inuyasha snickered. "I guess the jackals were busy mating again last night. They were really noisy this time."

Miroku's eyes opened wide. "You heard us?"

Inuyasha leaned back on his elbows. He was obviously enjoying toying with the priest. "They probably heard you at the pharaoh's palace. I didn't think a woman could get that loud."

Miroku shook his head, smiling. "Yes, she did get rather loud… That must mean that Kagome is one of the quiet ones."

Inuyasha growled at the priest, unhappy with the turn of the conversation. "You dare talk about Kagome in that way?"

Miroku feigned a shocked expression. "Why, I'm not saying anything more than you are about Sango, after all."

Inuyasha growled again, deciding it was time to shift the subject. He snickered again, looking at Miroku. "So, our perverted priest is… I mean was… a virgin. How interesting…"

"I never claimed to be anything else, " he answered dryly. He had forgotten just how sensitive Inuyasha's hearing was.

They could hear Kagome and Sango returning. Miroku narrowed his eyes at the deity. "For the ladies' sake, perhaps we should just let the subjects drop?"

Inuyasha nodded absently. His attention was on Kagome, who looked radiant in the early morning sun. The deity quickly got up and took the filled jugs from her and Sango.

They ate quickly and returned the packs to Kirara's back. If they pushed, they knew they could reach the city of the pharaoh before nightfall. Kagome took her place by Inuyasha, following the others as they continued their journey.