InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tensai of the Ookami-Inu ❯ Internal Wounds ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tensai of the Ookami-Inu
By Dog-Demon-Emiko
Chapter 5: Internal Wounds
VERY IMPORTANT AN: In the last chapter, I said that this chapter would be set 3 years into the future. Well, since you guys were so good in waiting for me to patiently return, I've decided to give you guys another chapter in Kagome's and Emiko's "innocent youth". Therefore, this chapter is set when Kagome and Emiko are both 15. Read the AN at the bottom for more information. Thank you, and now please enjoy.
"Agian!" Eri yelled. Eri was Kagome's personal trainer. Being a strong, healthy, 15 year old girl has its ups and downs. It had its ups, because Kagome nearly never had to ask for anyones help. She was an independent and intimidating when she wanted to be. The bad side was, she had to work her ass off from 6am to about noon, then break, then from 1pm to 6pm. No matter how long she had been doing it for, she was still sore at the end of the day.
Kagome had come to master jujitsu, archery, and aikido. She excelled in offense, defense, and throwing. She was a pro in the bo staff, chinese flat sword, sai, tonfas, and the bow and arrow. Her body was a tone fighting machine from years of hard work. Kimi had assigned Kagome a Kung fu, and Jujitsu trainer. Kagome had mastered the bow and arrow, and akido in about a years time. She was tutored in home school all day on weekeneds, then come weekdays she was doing martial arts. She got Friday nights to herself, but she normally spent her time sparring to herself in the gym. Kagome was coming close to 2nd degree blackbelt, Eri, her jujitsu trainer, was extra hard on her.
Kagome favored jujitsu out of everything. Jujitsu not only taught how to throw and grapple, but to limb twist, and use weaponry. Currently, Eri was making sure that Kagome's dao work was sufficient as Kimi watched from the side.
"Lift your elbows higher before they get cut off Kagome!" Eri shouted. As much as Kagome respected Eri for her martial arts ablitly, she hated when the woman screamed at her. If it was one thing Kagome hated, it was being bossed. Grudginly, she lifted her elbows as much as her sore triceps would allow her. She tried to hide her wince as she jumped backwards from the katana that would have gutted her. Holding her stance, she stepped out with her right foot and swung with her left dao, twisting and desending at the same time. Closing her eyes to the soreness of her body, she opened them agian when she heard a tiny splatter. The smell of coppery blood filled the air and Kagome stood, dumfounded and looked up.
Eri was looking at her, her eyes held a glow of pride while her mouth was twisted in a grin of insanity. Kagome wasn't sure what to do; she was frozen to the spot. She didn't know whether to be proud because she finally hit her sensai, or scared because she wounded her sensai. The silence was broken when a clap sounded though the air, making Kagome jump and go back into stance. The clap sounded again along with the sound on heels gently clicking on the floor.
Kimi was walking towards them, a smirk on her face also and her eyes unreadable. "Well done Kagome." she praised.
"But-" Kagome stuttered. Eri laughed.
"Child, I have suffered wounds far worse than this. I am just suprised that after only 3 and a half years of training you have managed to finally hit me." Kagome, still looking dumbfounded, looked down at the gash she made in Eri's side. It looked like a flesh wound. The amount of muscle mass had protected her from completly tearing into Eri's muscle.
"Quit looking so surprised Kagome, you have more dignity than that. You are good, and you know it. This means I expect nothing less from you from now on. I think it's time we up your training." Kimi cooly walked out without looking back. Kagome gapped at the door. She could barly keep up now!
"She wants to keep you on your toes so you can be the best. Be honered Kagome, Kimi is a match for even me. She knows what hard core martial arts is like." Kagome nodded "Besides, it's not often that Kimi-sama compliments people. Eri walked away, blood still leaking from her side, leaving Kagome to ponder her abilities. Martial arts had always been like a game to her. If her training was uped a level, could she still have fun? If her training had been uped because she made her teacher bleed, how far did Kimi plan to go?
She walked from the gym, wincing all the way. As she entered the kitchen Ao greeted her, head and ears down and tail wagging.
"Hey girl," Kagome greeted while rubbing Ao's sides and shoulders. "Tsuto!" Kagome snapped. The cook ran towards her with a respected urgency. "Bring 2 steaks and some white rice to my room."
"Yes Kagome-sama, will that be all?" he asked politly with a bow.
"No, no. Well, maybe a bottled water, please?" Kagome asked nicely. Tsuto was really kind to her, and he knew how to whip up anything, including foreign food, faster than Kagome could eat it.
"Right away my lady."
"Oh, and Tsuto?"
"Yes?"
"Take a break afterwards, you look exghasted." Tsuto bowed.
"As you wish." He dissapeared into the kitchens.
Two hours later, it was dark. Kagome clicked on her TV and watched the news.

Emiko stepped out her shower, shivering as the air from the vents blew directly on her from the ceiling. Trotting to her room, she tied her hair into a braid and dried off. She then dressed in gently firm, black cargos and a sleeveless shirt that showed her midriff. She put a towel around her shoulders and combed her hair into a high ponytail before braiding it agian and bringing it around her shoulder. Slipping on her boots, she left her room, went through the kitchen and out the backyard to call Kiba in. She strocked him affectionatly before making sure he had food and water, then put him in her room and left. She hoped that the noise inside her room would make everyone belive she was home. She had put on her radio so that they couldn't try and talk to her, and locked her door. Her room always consisted on charms that made anyone believe she was in there. She then snuck out the back door quietly, dodged the lights from the windows and scaled the fence, dodging the cameras that lined both sides at an interval. Once she reached the front gates, she crouched at jumped as high and far as her body would allow and ran into the darkness of the night.
Emiko ran all the way down the street without even breaking a sweat. She slowed to a jog when she came to Kigai's house and knocked four times in a pattern. She stepped back and smiled when she saw a hazel eye peak out from the darkness. The door opened and Emiko stepped down the rickety stairs to Kigai's basement. She smiled when she hugged him and sat on the couch. She looked around and greeted other people from the gang: Blue, Higae, Tsume, and more. Booze bottles were screwn all over the place, making Emiko narrow her eyes at Kigai.
"They bought it, not me." he admitted.
"Still, this place wreaks of booze. What if someone smells it? The cops would love to bust you for something." Kigai smiled.
"You worry to much."
The rest of the time, Emiko sat back and enjoyed herself with her friends. Emiko wasn't really a drinker, she hated the smell it left on her breath afterwards. But she didn't have small shots of things like a virgin colata that a girl named Cheza was a pro at making. The clock had chimed 11pm and Emiko got a dreaded feeling in her stomace. Thinking it was nothing, she brushed it off and put down her drink. She didn't want to end up throwing up a virgin drink, she'd never hear the end of it.
It was around midnight when it was only Kigai, Higae, and Emiko left when Emiko's ears perked. She had heard hurried footsteps upstairs.
"Don't worry about it," Kigai soothed, "It's just Darcia. He's come home for the weekend." The slamming of the front door and tires screeching told Emiko otherwise. She and Kigai echanged looks of both confusion and fear. Getting up quickly, she tried not to disturb the snoring Higae. She went to the basement door that lead to the house and opened it to reveal a world of mess.
Chairs were overturned, dishes were broken, and the table was littered with marijuana, coke, weed,and more things that neither of them could name.
"What the hell?" Kigai questioned. Although he was rarely up here, Tthe upstairs was always tidy. A distant but distinct scratching noise was heard. Kigai went upstairs to what used to be his room and burst open the door. Mitsuko bounded out, not happy at all. She looked and sniffed around and seemed fustrated at not being able to find what she was looking for.
"Whats wrong with her?" Emiko asked. She scanned the damage done upstairs. There was a breeze coming from the room across the hall. Emiko left her boyfriend and his companion to investigate. This room, much like the kitchen, was a mess. Papers were screwn everywhere, the bed was overturned, and a distinct imprint of a gun was left in the boxspring. The room wreacked of fear, ugency,and Darcia.
"Kigai!" Emiko called. The boy came running with Mitsuko on his heels. "It was your uncle, andhe took a gun with him..."Emiko pondered over this for a moment, but Kigai's eyes widened.
"Come on, let's go." he said in a voice that left no roon for arguement.
"But what-"
"NOW!" A second before they reached the basement, they heard sirens. "Kuso!" Kigai cursed. Emiko put two and two together; the police busted Darcia, so he had taken off. Higae woke with a start when Kigai had slammed the door. "Wake up Higae. Take Emiko somewhere safe and wait to see if your followed before taking her home." Higae didn't question him, but grabbed Emiko's bicep as the three of them went out he cellar door. Blue strobe lights greeted them in a cold manor that washed Emiko over in dread. Before any of them could get away, the sounds of about 10 guns cocking all at the same time filled the air.
"Put your hands up and lie on the ground. This is your only warning." a stern voice blasted. Kigai slowly put his hands to the ground in a crouch position. "Thats it, now just lie down flat. You two too!" Higae and Emiko slowly went down. The squads of cops began to move forward slowly, as if afraid they would step on a bomb. They were only3 yeards away when Kigai threw back his head and howled.
Mitsuko came sailing over them in a blur of brown and a flash of white. Jumping on one cop, she bit into hisneck and bounced of his chest to the next one, not only bleeding him to death but knocking him unconcious so he couldn't stop it. Kigai was up in a flash and began to make the human law enforcers fall one by one.
"Let's go!" Higae yelled. He yanked her up by the arm and managed to jump onto the roof before Emiko came around.
"No, wait! I can't just leave them, they'll be killed!"
"Kigai can take care of himself, and so can Mitsuko." Higae yelled, but he didn't pull her agian. They both watched from th roof top as Kigai knocked one cop out cold and turned to deal with another. Mitsuko was still just a snarling blur as 3 cops tried but failed to shoot at her.
Emiko expected Kiagi to be done with the cop he was fighting with but he seemed to be having trouble. She debated with herself to stay hidden or help him. He would be hurt for sure if she didnt but then he would be pissed if she did.
"Well, he'll have to go to bed angry," she muttered before jumping from the roof top with grace. It almost looked as though she was dancing with ribbons of crimson. She took out the three cops that were trying to harm Mitsuko and turned to face Kigai and his problem. She saw a flash of silver hair and knew the cop in the trench coat was a youkai.
But why wasn't she smelling his scent? Steeling herself, she jumped into the tree that peeked nosily over the fence, almost directly over the fight. As she focused her vision, she could see that Kigai was having trouble holding the cop back. Beads of sweat littered his face and he spent most of his time blocking wildly even though his face remained semi-cool. The officer was throwing blow by blow, never once letting Kigai get into the offensive side. Occasionally, he landed a hit that sounded with a sickened crack or a muffled boom. Kigai's face was begining to portray his pain and his weariness. Emiko hardly even heard the cop talking to him.
"Listen boy, you don't want to go to jail. Just tell me where he is." With one last hit the cop sent Kigai reeling to the ground. The boy sat in fetal position, coughing blood and trying to breath. Emiko's inner youkai roared for vengance.
"I told you, I don't know! He took off! What the hell else do you want me to say?" Kigai said as calmly as he could. Emiko supressed a growl that was building fire.
"So what about your other firends? They don't know? What about your girlfriend your so in love with? Does she know? How would she feel if she found you were lying to her face? Come on Kigai, I don't like being lied to." The youkai said in almost a taunting voice.
Kigai growled. "You leave her out of this, and stay away from her!" Kigai growled in almost a feral tone.
"Lieutenet! Would you like me to take him out, sir!" One officer asked. Emiko's head snapped back to the cop that she had cut earlier.
'Dammit, guess I didn't hit the aorta after all.' she growled.
"Hold your fire!" the Lieutenate yelled. He turned back to Kigai who was now on his feet. "Last chance Kigai, where is he? Or I'll just find your girl-"
"Stay the fuck away from her! I mean it, I'll kill you!" The youkai was quiet. He then looked up to the tree. Emiko gasped and then turned quickly- Higae had come back for her, giving her hiding place away. "Get her the fuck outta here!" Kigai yelled. His eyes were wide with desperation. Emiko's heart dropped at the urgency of Kigai's face. Higae only nodded as he picked up his kicking and screaming friend and ran off with great speed for a chubby wolf demon. Looking over Higae's shoulder, she watched as Kigai tried to run, but a different way from them.
"Wait!" the youkai policeman yelled.
Emiko's world froze then and there. A forbiden sound that clapped through the air and stopped time. A dreaded thump then came not to long after. Her voice box closed and her mouth hung open. Higae stopped and looked back, not noticing Emiko scramble out of his arms to the ground, as if it held all the answers, as if it would makethings come back together.Kigai's large eyes that had once held so much love and loyalty for her now lay cold and lifeless in the distance. It began to rain. The water running down her face felt as if they were her own tears; cold and endless.
Her vision flashed to the memories of the nights she and her beloved wolf demon had spent together. The nights they got into trouble, the nights he held her during storms, the nights her stood by her when she was angry. Now, no one will massage her ears during those thunder storms; no one will laugh wth her after pissing off the old man down the street, or spray painting the cars of the old rich stuck up people. No one will challenge her when shes angry over nothing and make her see the truth. No one will stay up with her until 2am on the phone, laughing and joking over dumb things they say and did, and no one will say 'I love you' and mean it. Worst of all, she didn't even say goodbye. She looked into her reflection on the ground. Her face was pale from hydrinalin and the cold, her hair was a dripping mess, and she couldn't see her eyes. The water that was running under her was dark at the very spot her eyes should have been, almost masking her in despair.
She stood, completly soaked and freezing. But she didn't feel the bitter cold and want to be in someones arms like she used to, no. She welcomed the cold. It slowly filled the hole in her heart and she loved it. It caressed her face and opened new doors for her. It opened up the doors to a world where she cared for herself, no one else. Everyone could either get out her way on their own, or be forced to. Her eyes snapped up, blood red and ready for vengence. Purple stripes carved themselves across her face as she focused icy blue pupils on the youkai oficer who was currenttly argueing with another, gun in his hand. She ignored the now distant voice of Higae and charged. The officer barely turned around when Emiko barrled into him. Fighting out of pure fury, she did not remember her training. She kicked, punched, bit, and scrathed every part she could. She took every blow he made and threw two more. With a spinning swipe with herclaws,she ripped off his long trench coat. She didn't even noitce the mans appearence: two purple stripes, golden eyes, long silver hair.
Higae had snapped out of his stupour and yanked her from around the waist and took off with her over his shoulder. He wanted to complete Kigai's dying wish by grudgingly leaving his lifeless body behind and leaving with Emiko. A lone wolf howled a cry full of dread and loss in the distance...

Kagome sat on her bed, slurping up a hot fresh cup of chicken flavored Ramen. She had started to watch Elektra, one of her favorite movies, and got so into it that she didn't even notice that it had turned 10pm already. So, turning off her DVD player, she turned back to cable where it was still tuned on the news.
"Earlier today around 11:30pm, a large drug bust was awaited in Kyoto. The man who was to be arested is now still at large with a 30,000 yen reward for his capture. This man is highly dangerous and armed. Citizens in the city are to be on alert. In the bust, 6 cops were slaughtered brutely and 3 are in intensive care. The head of the bust, Leiutenate-" Kagome yawned, drowsiness taking over her. Her blinked away sleep as she focused on the TV agian, where they were showing the crime sceen. "One boy, Kigai Hurikenou, was shot and killed that night." A man then appeared on the screen. He had a high collared trench coat on, and a hat that shadowed his eyes and kept the rain from falling onto his face.
"He was a nice kid, didn't need to be shot. A rookie fired the gun out of panic and killed him. The kid had a girlfirend who nearly gutted me before she and some other boy took off." The mans voice was strong and deep. He talked casually as if he wasn't really paying attention to anything he was saying.
"Do you consider the teenagers to be dangerous?" the journalist asked.
"No, I don't. Their just scared kids caught up in a world they should have never been in in the first place. No more comments, please."
Kagome sank further into her pillows and put the finished cup of Ramen on her nightstand before turning over and trying so hard not to think of that night. The flashing lights and yellow tape, along with the ambulances and the body bags...
"Just like the night okka and outo died." Whispering a small prayer, she closed her eyes and sank into her own little world. One where people don't die for the sake of money, hatred, or anything else. She began tosing to herself a song she heard a while ago.
"Ikutsu, namida o nagashigara. Every heart," she yawned and began to hum the rest of the song as sleep over took her.
The next chapter is going to be set when the Inu-Tachi is on school vacation. The next chapter is set a month before school starts, and the Inu-tachi will be attending their junior year, so that they will all be 16 (including Kagome). Except Sesshomaru,he will be 17 going on 18, and will be in his senior year. If anything confused you, don't hesitate to ask! My email is okay?
The song Kagome was singing was the only japanese song that I know by heart really. It's called "Every Heart" by BoA. I do not own it and it is the ending song of the 3rd season of Inuyasha.
R&R! Ja Ne!
Chapter 6: Shikon High