InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ That's just how things are ❯ Off to school ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Grins evilly Muahahahahaha! My evil plan is working! >=D Hahahahaha! Soon, NO BODY WILL EVER EAT HOTDOGS EVER AGAIN! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Errp. Sorry for traumatizing you readers. But I couldn't help it! If I didn't put that there it wouldn't've been funny.

Thanks for the people who gave me some ideas and whatnot.

ERGH! He's SO OOC!!! grumbles Sorry. ;.; Someone emailed me saying that Kagome was ooc too . . . . breaks down crying. Sorry about not writing too. I have all these great ideas for my stories but . . . I just didn't feel like writing. And if I try to force myself too my stories just end up going to hades. ;.;

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,&cedi l;¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸&ce dil;,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸

That's just how things are

By: Amethyst/Defafaeth Mechqua

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,& cedil;¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸ ;¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸

'Four days.' Kagome thought with a sigh. She swept up the shrine stairs carefully ridding it of all the fallen leaves, then she noticed a man walk down the street. A reporter. Just like all of them did. They all wanted the exclusive on 'Jack The Community Hero. Murdered'. She rolled her eyes. Couldn't anyone see through his thin façade? Couldn't they see how evil he was deep down inside? Was she the only one who'd ever seen through his masquerade? She raked a hand through her hair in frustration as the reporter neared.

Kagome closed her eyes still recalling an article she read in the newspaper word for word.

'Aruda Jack was a community hero who had earned and won many respected friends. He loved children, was helpful, and was an all around good guy. He was good to his previous family. He loved all his children. He was devastated when his youngest child was killed during the time his previous wife, Higurashi Tsyuki, got drunk and passed out leaving the children on their own. The youngest fell instantly snapping her neck in two. He still deeply regretted his absence and divorced his previous wife because the pain and memory still made him feel pain. Then a few years later he met Matanura Nakatashi and her daughter Matanura Matilda. Matanura-san was an avid community volunteer who also had a successful medical career. Aruda-san later remarried to Matanura-san. He was an incredible man . . . . '

She couldn't remember how the rest went but she only had one to describe that article.

Bullshit.

Sesshomaru watched closely as Kagome's agitation worsened at the approach of a human, she was never unless it was a 'reporter' whom approached.. He swiftly jumped down from his perch and walked over to the miko who was furiously sweeping at the steps of the shrine. He stood by her without a word.

The reporter was just starting to climb up the stairs to ask a certain Kagome about her father when he caught sight of the man dubbed her 'bodyguard'. He swallowed thickly, the man who was supposedly her boyfriend had been chasing off all the reporters who had even dared to look at the miko whenever he was around. He scoffed at first wondering why the hell anyone would be afraid of one man and now he knew. The man's stare bore into him as if looking into his soul. 'I think I'll come back later . . .' He thought as he turned and walked away briskly, 'Preferably when he's not around.'

"Thanks Sesshomaru." Kagome said leaning into the tall demon. "Damn reporters." She muttered crossly. "They'll just come around when you're gone."

She closed her eyes briefly when she felt his hand stroke her head. "Then I just won't leave." He murmured.

Kagome looked up with a small smile, "That's a nice goal but it would be impossible. You can't come to school with me . . . " The miko looked down once more with a sigh then started to sweep up the stairs once more. Sesshomaru leapt to the side and sat quietly crossed legged on the narrow ramp that bordered the shrine steps.

"I'll try."

Kagome shrugged then went back to sweeping the many steps of the shrine. When a thought struck her, she paused in her actions then turned to face the demon lord. "You know . . . tomorrow is bring friends day . . ."

Sesshomaru raised a brow signaling that she may continue.

"I can bring up to four people with me. Half of the school won't be there so they can make room for the others coming. Tomorrow I have to go then the next day I have a day off so that the other half of the school is to bring their friends . . . What do ya say? Wanna go?"

He nodded. "Are you bringing Rin and the kit?"

Kagome nodded smiling. "I can baby-sit and bring a bodyguard!" She grinned. With renewed vigour she swept up the remaining steps a smile gracing her visage.

The taiyoukai chuckled in a low tone. It didn't take all that much to make his Kagome happy. His Kagome . . . . . he liked the sound of that.

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,&ce dil;¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸& cedil;,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸

Ka gome was head deep in the throes of pure pleasure as she lay in bed. Seven thirty at night it was, the moon was peeking out onto the sky with a faint string of stars littering the nightly heavens. The soft mattress beneath her aching muscles was soft and pliant soothing away all the tense nerves that were taut from hauling things too and fro all day - no thanks to (nor help from) Sesshomaru. The pristine white pillows were silky smooth and feather-soft beckoning her to just lay there and sleep . . .

Sesshomaru looked over at Shippo with shrewd calculating eyes. The small fox kit and Rin were playing Jenga ® on the floor of Kagome's room.

From his wheeled spinning chair, the older man turned to Kagome who was lying back on her bed in obvious bliss. "Kagome."

He received no reply, not because she didn't hear but because she chose not to hear. With a sigh the demon took a piece of paper, wadded it into a ball then chucked it at the unsuspecting girl where it bounced of her nose and out the window and hit Buyou - not that anyone noticed that last bit.

Not even a twitch for all his efforts.

The taiyoukai restrained the urge to roll his eyes, as the girl remained immobile after his assault on her persons. "Wench. Oden."

"What!? Where?!" Kagome cried sitting up and whirling around with the look of a starved person in her eyes. "Oden! Where!?"

Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow.

Kagome gave him a pouty look when she realized that he had just been toying with her heart. "Meanie! Using my one weakness to arouse me from my much enjoyed sleep!"

A vague twitch was seen to have occurred on the corner of Sesshomaru's lips when she had said that - though one could swear it was just the trick of the light. He said in an amused tone. "Aroused? Enjoyed?"

The miko present glared at the arrogant man. "I. Hate. You." She stated in a firm yet huffy manner before falling back into the blissful oblivion of her bed.

"Wench. Your kit's tail."

"What about it?" She muttered.

"Will you disguise it along with his ears?"

"Dunno how."

An exasperated pause. "You're not a very good priestess."

"Yarou."

"Bitch."

"Go to hell."

"See you there."

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,& cedil;¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸ ;¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BE- SMASH!

Kagome got up and yawned tiredly, she stretched out her arms. Yawning again she swung her legs over the side of her bed and got up looking around bleary eyed.

"Good morning."

The miko started in surprise she looked over at the doorway and saw a certain dog demon leaning against the doorway in a lazy manner. He was dressed in a black jacket, black silk pants, a white sleeved silk blouse with lace cuffs that were folded up at the jacket sleeves and he wore a gold wrist watch on his . . . well wrist. His hair was loose and his ears looked like a human's, but he still had all his usual markings - except for the crescent moon.

"Eh. What are you doin dressed up?" She asked groggily.

"School remember?"

The miko nodded sleepy, she walked over to him and poked his ear. "Why do your ears look human?"

Sesshomaru rolled his eyes as he grabbed her hand during her second attempt to prod at the said appendage. "Disguising spell. I took the liberty to place one upon your kit as well." He said. He took the limb he had captured and used it as leverage to pull her to his chest. "Awake yet?" He questioned as he stroked her hair.

"Mmmphmm."

The demon fought the urge to roll his eyes again, really he was just doing too much of that lately. "Go dress." He said gently propelling her into her room. He closed the door then headed downstairs.

Sesshomaru walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, he grabbed the rectangular thingy, crossed his legs and proceeded to turn on the 'TV' as Kagome had called it. The taiyoukai frowned when a newscast about Jack appeared on the screen. He switched the channel, Sesame Street®, switch, Ruggrats®, switch, Zaboomafoo®, switch, switch, switch. . . .

And that's how Kagome found her 'bodyguard' when she came down dressed in dark green multi-pocketed pants, a black ship-captain hat with a golden visor and a navy blue T-shirt with the words 'Army Brat' written across the chest area in gold glitter and silver outlining. She shook her head at the sight of the demon in her living room then proceeded to the kitchen there she was met with the sight of her brother - in barely suppressed rage - doused in milk and soggy Cheerios ®. Kagome sighed at the mess, looking to the side she caught sight of two small children grinning innocently; Shippo actually did look human Kagome noted in surprise.

"What happened?" The miko asked in a dead pan voice. She walked over to a cupboard and snagged a bag of salted pretzels from a high shelf.

"I slipped and fell on Souta." Rin mumbled apologetically. The small girl worse a velvet, light blue knee-high dress with stitched golden flowers laced around the small neckline, black formal shoes with a red rose on the top, and a baby blue bonnet with small rainbow butterfly on one side.

Shippo nodded then shook his head, "It was partially my fault too. I accidentally tripped and fell on her." He wore faded blue pants, white rubber shoes, a red-yellow shirt with a yellow smiley face in the center and a dark red baseball cap with a white visor.

"Yeah. Accidents happen." Souta grumbled.

At that moment Higurashi Senior(ette) walked in. Upon seeing the mess she quickly ushered her son upstairs. Sesshomaru walked in at the same time careful to keep well out of Souta's way. With as sigh he looked back over at his host then said, "Should we not proceed towards your school at the moment?"

"Fafer fi freep." (After I eat.) Kagome said swallowing.

Reaching out the impatient demon lord grabbed the bag out of her hand. "You're done."

"HEY! I need nourishment!!"

"You're fat enough as it is - "

"I AM FAT!?" She shrieked. She held up her arm then pinched the slumping skin near her armpit then gasped. "I'M FAT!!!"

The two children present looked at each other then back at the hyperventilating girl. Sesshomaru merely raised any eyebrow as then shook his head at the pitiful display of 'The Fatso Complex' as he deemed it long ago.

"You aren't fat! He's just over exaggerating!" Shippo said patiently patting the older girl's arm.

"Yeah! He's making a . . . hyperbole!" Rin added nodding wisely.

Shippo nodded again. "Yeah. That and the fact we'll be late if we don't get going!"

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,& cedil;¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸ ;¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸

"Kagome!" Three voices chorused at once. The three stood at the school gates surrounded by people as they waved over to their approaching friend.

"Yuka! Eri! Ayumi!" Kagome called back waving. She smiled when all three of them hugged her as she came up.

"We heard the terrible news Kagome!" Ayumi cried.

"I'm SO sorry!" Yuka said sympathetically patting her companion on the shoulder.

"Yeah! If there's anything we can do then just say so." Eri murmured grasping her friend's hand in hers.

Kagome blinked then tilted her head to the side. "What are you guys talking about?" She asked.

The threesome looked at each other then back at Kagome with a incredulous looks. "Your father . . . . ." Eri whispered gently.

The miko made a silent oh of recognition. All at once she felt uncomfortable. "That's okay . . . he and I . . . well we didn't get along and I haven't seen him since he left . . ."

Yuka nodded empathetically, "I understand. He was such a nice person though."

"Yeah. He loved to play tag with us, and he built us that tree house." Ayumi said.

"Mhm. He liked to tickle us a lot though. I never really liked it when he did that but he was a nice person." Eri said softly.

Kagome shrugged looking at the ground uncomfortably. "Yeah . . . so whom did you guys invite to come along?" She asked perkily to cover her anxiety. The girls seemed to comply with her silent request.

Yuka spoke first. "Well my baby cousin to baby-sit, Anak Michiko." She gestured to a small girl about Shippo's age who wore a tye-dyed dress. She had brown hair with black tips and dark blackish-brown eyes, she waved shyly from her hiding spot behind her cousin's leg. "And my cousin Devanna Ophelia - from the States." She said nodding her head to the blonde girl beside her who was eyeing Sesshomaru in an appreciative way.

"My brother, Yasuo, and my other brother Akira." Eri said softly. "As you know they go to an all boys school elsewhere but I bet you didn't know that -"

"That you're all triplets." Kagome said dryly. Noting that the brothers looked exactly the same from their army style haircuts, down to their faded blue jeans, and black shirts. They were the same height as their sister.

"Hey Higurashi! We haven't seen you on MSN lately. I hope you're healthy." They said in unison. They glared at each other, "Don't copy me!" They growled.

Eri chuckled. "That noticeable eh? Stop bickering boys. Last but not least my Uncle Misoshi Nagataka." She said gesturing to a man beside her brothers. He was as tall as Sesshomaru with cobalt blue eyes and cropped dirty blonde hair, he wore a simple navy blue business suit with polished black leather shoes. He just nodded.

Ayumi spoke up, "I brought Tombikuma Torao my cousin, Satsumaru Hoshi and Hisano Ai my friends from Terisashi High."

Torao smiled dazzlingly at Kagome. He had green eyes and black short hair. He took Kagome's hand, bowed to her then kissed the extended limb. "It's a pleasure to meet you Kagome."

Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed dangerously at the impudent male this did not go unnoticed by Ayumi who hastily tugged her bold cousin back. "She's taken teme." She hissed in his ear. Torao merely shrugged and smiled at the miko who was eyeing her demonic friend warily.

Meanwhile Hoshi and Ai glared holes into Kagome's head. Torao was considered a really great catch back at their school yet he never paid any attention to any female and just when they thought they could spend time with the hunk he goes off leers at a non-Terisashi girl! An non-pretty one at that! But it was all right, in truth they were really more interested on the white haired hunk standing elegantly beside the girl.

"Eheh. Yeah. I'm taken at the moment, sorry for any misconceptions." Kagome said smiling nervously. Gesturing to the stoic figure beside her she said, "You three already know him but uh . . . this is Taiyoukai Sesshomaru . . . my boyfriend." She said smiling. She missed the fact that now Hoshi, Ophelia and Ai were practically willing for her to die. "And these two are Taiyoukai Rin and . . . Ichigo Shippo my friend." She said nodding her head to the two children sitting on the taiyoukai's shoulder. The whole group said their hellos.

Looking back she saw Shippo giving her a look clearly asking, 'Ichigo!? Why not mango for goodness sake!?'

"Oh. Is Rin your sister Taiyoukai-sama?" Eri asked politely.

Sesshomaru shook his head slightly to the side then replied. "Adopted daughter."

Ayumi gave the silent man a scrutinizing look. "Say . . . how old are you?" she asked. Yuka stomped on the other girl's foot glaring at her for her forwardness, which she quickly tried to amend, "I mean . . . uh . . . I need to know incase you might be some freaky rapist! I mean - " She was cut off when Eri's twins clamped their hands on Ayumi's mouth.

Yasuo started. Or was that Akira? "What she means -"

"Is that we -"

"Are greatly concerned -"

"About whom Higurashi - "

"Hangs out with - "

"Because of her - "

"Drastically deteriorating health."

"Because of that - "

"Many people might - "

"Take advantage of -"

"That important factor."

"We just want - "

Then they said in unison. "To make sure that our sister's friend is all right."

"Because a friend -"

"Of our sister's - "

"Is a friend of ours." The finished in synchronization.

Sesshomaru allowed an invisible smile to grace his visage when the two boys finished. It was an amusing monologue. "I assure you. I have no harmful intentions towards my Kagome." He replied smoothly. "As for my age. I am twenty."

[You aren't WAY older than that!]

'And here I thought you finally died.'

[Nope! Can't get rid of me!]

'Besides I didn't lie. I AM twenty. By human standards.'

[That still means you're really old.]

'Go back to the pit you came from.'

[But I don't wanna!]

'It's either that or I mentally torture you in my black box.'

[Sayanora!]

"Twenty?!" Yuka exclaimed.

"Are you in university?" Eri asked softly.

Sesshomaru nodded, "I'm majoring in Physiology."

Eri nodded in obvious satisfaction. "I see."

Just then the first warning bell rang signaling that start of school.

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,& cedil;¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸ ;¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸

I'm sorry. That was an extremely pathetic excuse for a chapter especially the ending. --' I'm sorry again. I truly am a sad pathetic writer.

Name Meanings:

Yarou - Bastard.

Ichigo - Strawberry.

Teme - A rude way of saying you. Often meaning bastard.

Torao - Tiger man.

Ayameko - Child of iris.

Ai - Love.

Hoshi - Star.

Yasou - Tranquil, calm.

Akira - Intelligent, smart.

Nagataka - Everlasting filial duty.