InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Bet ❯ The bet is made ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu-Yasha. If I did this would be an actual story and Kikyo would not be as big of problem as she is (sorry but I'm a Kikyo hater!) Anyway you know the rest and enjoy.

The Bet

It started out like any other day in the Sengoku period. The team had just saved a village from a youkai attack and everyone in the end was uninjured. Afterward the village elder called for Miroku to come with him, Sango and Shippo fallowed. Kagome and Inu-Yasha stood waiting for the rest of the group to return.

"How much longer!" Shippo complained.

"Just a little longer." The village elder called out from his hut.

A few minutes later he returned with a small full brown sack. The elder bowed slightly. "Arigato Houshi-sama." The elder said reaching to give the bag to the monk.

Sango smacked Miroku's hand away before he could take the sack. "We can't except that!" Sango said in a loud whisper.

"Please take it, you have done so much for our village." The old man said taking one of Sango's hands and cupped it around the small bag. Sango sighed a little and bowed at the elder then turned and walked away. Shippo, Miroku, and Kirara followed.

"How much did he give us?" Miroku asked Sango as they walked back to where they had left their companions. Sango dug through the sack and looked at the monk in an unreadable face.

"Not enough to evenly divide. How will we fix this problem?"

Miroku sat down on a tree stump and took the sack from Sango. "We could always take the extra."

"That's not fair, Houshi-sama."

Shippo sat down and watched as Miroku began to think of an alternative plan to make things fair and even.

Inu-Yasha began to growl, he was growing impatient at the rate the monk, taijiya and kitsune were taking to return. "Nani?" Kagome said turning her head to look at him. "That damn bouzo is taking way to long!" Inu-Yasha said continuing to growl. "He can't be doing anything perverted since Shippo went with them, but..." Kagome began to trail off she didn't know what else to say to calm down the angry hanyou.

Inu-Yasha began to walk off, Kagome was too comfortable to move from the spot where she was, but she knew where he was going and didn't bother following.

"I have an idea." Miroku said as a small smirk drew to his face. Sango looked at the face and took a stance as if she was ready to strike. What is he thinking this time the taijaya began to wonder. After a few silent moments from the houshi he finally looked up and said, "We place a bet."

Shippo and Sango looked on in puzzlement, as Miroku tried to place what he was about to say.

"A bet, or a pool rather, to see when Inu-Yasha and Kagome-sama will have their next argument. Nothing extreme but between the both of them."

"But how will we decide who gets what time?"

"Not time, day."

Sango and Shippo were now both sitting on the ground looking up at Miroku as they tried to understand what he was trying to spell out.

"If they fight sometime today, I get the extra money and if they don't fight in till some time tomorrow the money will be yours, Sango."

"What about me!" The young kitsune stood up in protest, "When's my day!"

"What are you going to do with the money Shippo?" Sango asked.

"You don't need anything." Miroku said turning back to Sango, "Do we have a deal?"

"Deal!"

Inu-Yasha looked on from behind the trees of the forest. Idiots. He thought. He began to smirk and then turned away back to where he had left Kagome.

"Where were all of you?" Kagome asked as the others returned.

"Lets go, Kagome-chan!" Sango said ignoring Kagome's question and proceeded walking.

"Where now?" Kagome asked as they continued to walk through the deep forest. (That wasn't intentional!)

"Where do you think!", Inu-Yasha snapped.

"Its not like there are any shikon shards anywhere near by!"

Sango, Miroku and Shippo all watched to see what Inu-Yasha's next words would be. Staring intently they heard, "I'm sorry, lets go."

Inu-Yasha grabbed a hold of Kagome's hand and continued to walk.

"What was that, Houshi-sama?" Sango asked, her eyes as small as they could go. "I...I..." was all the monk could force out. They all stood in ah. Had they really seen what they thought!? Inu-Yasha was never the type to apologize; there was that time when he broke her clock, but...nothing like this.

Even Kagome was stunned at the sudden change. She was no longer mad and just blushed slightly. Inu-Yasha made a small chuckle that couldn't be heard. He suddenly noticed what was clinging to his hand and began to grow a little red. This is going to be a long two days he thought.

I know this chapter is short but the last one is the longest…the next one is the shortest.