InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Challenge ❯ Chapter 9

[ A - All Readers ]
ALOHA!!! hows everybody been? im EXTREMELY happy because you guys are like TOTALLY awesome!!! I have like 30 something reviews!! YAY!! we ought to have a party.... that would be GREAT! lol well thank you to everybody that reviewed! i feel so loved! Thank you all!!!! lol well on with the story then!!!

Disclaimer: I don't own Inu Yasha.... 'pout'

~*~On The Balcony~*~

Inu Yasha and Kagome are still standing on the balcony looking at the sunset on the water. Every few minutes one would sigh in contemptment and Kagome would -once in a while- point out how gorgeous it was.
"Kagome?" Inu Yasha asked, out of the blue. Kagome looked up at him in response. Suddenly The rose by Bette Milder started playing out of nowhere. Inu Yasha glared at the door knowing that Miroku and Sango were behind this. Kagome didn't mind and started humming along with it. Inu Yasha smiled and then he remembered that he was going to ask her something.
"Oh Ya! There was a point to me saying your name a couple seconds ago! I was going to ask you something..." Inu Yasha said. Kagome nodded for him to continue. He didn't though.
"Yes?" Kagome asked, now officially confused.
"umm.... What would you say if I asked you out right now?" he asked really fast so she could barely understand him. She got the jist of it though. Her eyes widened and her mouth fell open a bit. Then she slowly nodded her head.
"Is that a yes?" Inu Yasha asked
"uh huh." Kagome said slowly, then she smiled and gave him a huge hug. Inu Yasha gladly returned the hug and kissed the top of her head. Suddenly from in the room they heard a loud clapping sound.
"ABOUT TIME!!!" Sango suddenly screamed. Kagome blushed and burried her face in Inu Yasha's chest. Inu Yasha smirked and gave Sango and Miroku the finger. Kagome grabbed his hand and slapped him lightly.
"Rude!" she said playfully. He smirked again and stole her lips briefly. Miroku whistled rudely and grinned at them. Kagome went into a mad blushing fit again, she turned at least 5 shades of red in like 5 seconds! Inu Yasha glared at him and let go of Kagome temporarily to smack the poor guy on the head.
"So when are you two getting together?" a VERY red Kagome asked Sango, making her friend turn more red than she was. Kagome smiled because she had successfully embarassed Sango more than she already was.
"Now!" Miroku suddenly shouted out of no where. Sango fell over in surprise and was caught by her 'boyfriend'.
"Now?" Sango asked, Miroku nodded and took her hand and got down on one knee.
"My dearest Sango would you do me the honour of becoming my girlfriend?" Miroku asked, somehow keeping a straight face, whereas poor Sango was smiling and blushing like a freak. Kagome started giggling like a little girl and Inu Yasha chuckled slightly, Miroku looked rather stupid. Sango nodded and he jumped up, lifted her up and spun her around in the air. Sango laughed and hugged him, but he had to go and ruin the moment by groping her again. This time she didn't slap him though. She stoped mid-laugh and let go of him immediately.
"You do that again and I won't let you kiss me EVER again." Sango said threateningly. His eyes widened in horror.
'She wouldn't do that to me would she?' he thought.
'Ya right! I wouldn't do that!' Sango thought.
'God they're so stupid.' thought Inu Yasha.
'I'm going out with Inu Yasha...' was the only thought on Kagome's mind. (A/N: talk about a one track mind huh? lol)Suddenly she shivered because she was only wearing a spagetti strap and shorts, and it was night, the fact that there was wind didn't really help much either... Inu Yasha pulled her into his arms and lead her back inside (A/N: what a CUTIE!!! lol) and sat with her in his lap on the couch. Sango and Miroku soon joined them inside and they all started talking about nothing and everything at the same time (A/N: that doesn't work! you can't talk about nothing and then talk about everything at the same time!!! it just isn't humanly possible!!! i have half a mind to re-word that... but im too lazy so im just gunna glare at it until it makes sense.) until Sango fell asleep on Miroku's lap. (A/N: i bet he's happy! lol *Miroku pops out of no where* "Oh I am!!!" *sigh crazy guy.....) Miroku chuckled and carried her to her room. Kagome giggled at the sight and hugged Inu Yasha and went off to bed too. Inu Yash sighed in contentment and went to his room too, shortly followed by Miroku.

~*~The Next Day~*~

(A/N: We're just going to pretend that today is challenge day becasue i can't remeber how many dyas its been since the last challenge.... which is a bit sad.... i can't keep track of my own fic! *pout* thats a bit pathetic... oh well off we go!!)

Tooday was the next challenge. No one knew what to expect and frankly they REALLY didn't want to find out. Not since the last challenge. Kagome didn't want to leave the room.
"Hell no!! He's gunna make me do something stupid again!!! I'm not getting dangled from another pole!!!" Kagome shouted at Inu Yasha who was trying to pull her out of the room. The girl had a death grip on the door frame though and wasn't moving an inch.
"I won't let him make you hang from a pole again! I won't let anything happen to you I promise!" Inu Yasha said as he in a futile attempt to get Kagome out of the room partially picked her up and tried to put her over his shoulder.... that didn't work. her death grip prevented him from moving once he had her up there.
"Kag just let go of the door." he pleaded
"HELL NO!!!" Kagome said. Inu Yasha pulled as hard as he could with out hurting her and she growled at him. Then she let go all of a sudden and they went flying forward. Good thing that Inu Ysha had good balance or they would be on the ground.
"Thanks Kag." Inu yasha said sarcastically as he marched down the stairs.
"Why is it that you always end up carrying me on a flight of stairs?" Kagome asked
"I don't know... it just kinda happens..." Inu Yasha answered. They got down to the lobby where a very edgy looking Miroku and Sango were waiting with John, who -as usual- looked as cheerful as a child on Christmas morning.
"Good Morning Kagome! Inu Yasha you don't look all that happy now do you? Actually all four of you look a tad hostile I'd say as he tapped Inu Yasha on the nose. Inu Yasha gave him a look that clearly said 'You touch me again and I'll rip you to shreds' John backed up slightly and plastered his fake smile back on and went to take Kagome's arm but she moved away and walked beside Inu Yasha letting him wrap an arm around her protectively. Sango and Miroku were glaring at him as they walked past. When they got into the limo poor Sango was forced to sit beside John while everyone else sat as far away as they could. Kagome even asked if she could sit with the driver. John didn't even notice the holstility that everyone seemed to have towards him in that vehicle, he smiled and tried to make small talk.
"So Kagome how were you feeling after the last challenge? You looked a little scared." he said cheerfully. (A/N: Don't you hate those people who can try to sound concerned and then end up like REALLY scarily happy? it bothers me...)
"A LITTLE!!!" shouted Inu Yasha. Kagome grabbed his hand and leaned in to whisper something to him.
"Don't kill him! I want to! Just keep your temper down." Kagome whispered and Inu Yasha nodded. He was silent for the rest of the trip and only growled when John tried to talk to Kagome. When they finally got to the challenge site, they found themselves in front of a large statue with three posts coming of of it. At the end of each post there was a giant bucket. John grinned and automatically started moving people into their places. In the end Inu Yasha, Kagome, Miroku, and Sanog ended up under the first bucket. Kouga, Kikyo, Shippo, and Rin were in the middle, and under the third bucket was Darrin, Seraphim, Andrew, and Jolene. After this was done John stood beside a large lever.
"Welcome to your third challenge! As you can see you are all standing under a giant bucket. The name of this callenge is 'The Drop'!!! The whole point of this game is to prove that you are the most advanced in intelligence at your school. I will as one group a question, and they have 30 seconds to decide on an answer then when the buzzer rings they answer the question. If they are right they get a point. If they are wrong... then i pull this lever and the big bucket will tip over an inch or so. Once this is donee one of the other groups has a chance to answer the questioin. If they get it right they get a point but if they get it wrong then they get their bucket moved too. Each group can only get 5 wrong, because that's when the bucket will tip over completely drenching the group beneath it. I won't tell you what's in the bucket though! Once one team is 'dropped' on then the other two contine until only one group is left clean. The remaining group will recieve 5 bonus points and the other two will get the amount of points they won in the game. Ok? Since that's done let's get on with it!!!" John said cheerfully as he reached into his breast pocket to get the questions.
"The first question is for the third group. Ok Group 3! How many provinces and territories are there in Canada and what are they?" John asked. (A/N: I kno.... crappy question.... i'm sorry. i couldnt think of anything to ask so all of the questions are going to be kinda REALLY stupid.... sorry.) The group talked amongst themselves for 30 seconds. Then a buzzer rang.
"There are 3 territories and 10 provinces. They are: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Foundland, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, North West Territories, Yukon, and Nunavut." Jolene said, as the group representative. John nodded as she listed tham all off.
"Excellent! That is correct! You get 1 point! Next question goes to Group 2! Describe the Pythagorean Theorum!" he exclaimed exstaticly. The group talked amongst themselves.
"c2=a2=b2!!!" screamed Kikyo, as she jumped up and down in the air. That is until one of her spiked heels broke. then she got stuck with a broken shoe and a twisted ankle. John nodded in agreement.
"True but I asked you to describe it not tell me the formula. 1/2 a point!" John said with his usual cheeriness.
"Group 1! In the legend of Izanagi and Izanami who were the children that became the sun and moon?" John asked (A/N: ill put the legend at the bottom i think its kinda cool.....) Automatically they all started saying Ama-terasu, Tsuki-yumi, Susa-no-o, and Kagu-tsuchi. Finally the buzzer rang and they all shouted the answer at the same time.
"AMA-TERASU, TSUKI-YUMI, SUSA-NO-O, AND KAGU-TSUCHI!!!!" John laughed and nodded.
"Yes that is correct! you get one point!" John said happily.
(A/N: Ok this goes on like this for a while so im just gunna skip it! basically where im fast forwarding to Group 1 has 2 chances left, Group 2 has 2 and Group 3 has 1left. so I'm just going to pick up here alrity?)
"ok Group 3 your question is: What does Susa-no-o change the girl into in A Story About Susa-no-o?" John asked.
"A BRUSH!!!!" Jolene automatically screamed as the buzzer rang, John's smile faltered a little.
"I'm sorry but it wasn't a brush. He changed her into a many toothed comb. You just got your last wrong answer. So you get to be the first to be dropped on!" John said the last part a bit too cheerfully, as he pulled the lever one last time. Jolene and Seraphim screamed and the guys made noises of disgust as a giant bucket of fish guts got dumped on them!

(A/N: i kno..... EWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! but the point is to have them attacked with something REALLY gross and who likes fish guts?!?!? if there are people who do i want to kno who they are and where to find them!!! these freaks need to be removed from my perfect universe! *sits and pouts in a corner while thoughts of fish guts clouds her head* eww!! that wasnt pleasant......)

"OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! I'M WEARING A WHITE SHIRT!!!!!!!! Some one get me a towel NOW!!!!!" Seraphim screamed. Miroku's head immediately shot over to the poor girl. Suddenly there was a loud smacking sound and Miroku was left with a slimey fishy red hand print on one side of his face while on the other was a bright red -not icky- hand print, and Seraphim was walking back to her team mates while Sango went to stand beside Kagome -away from her dear boyfriend- . (A/N: poor guy..... he just can't win can he? lol) The entire group laughed, even the poor people covered in fish! (A/N: and may i add EWW!!!!!! lol) Miroku whipped the fish guts off of his face and stuck his tounge out at everybody.
"It's not like you guys weren't thinking it too!!!" Miroku defended and all the guys made innocent looks and started to whistle innocently. All the girls glared at their partners and Kagome was one of the few who slapped theirs.
"Ow!" Inu Ysha said jokingly.
"You better believe it pal!! Honestly! It hasn't even been a day and you're bored of me already!" Kagome whined. Inu Yasha chuckled and gave her a hug hug and kiss.
"Better?" he asked
"Much." Kagome replied as she giggled.
"Group 1! Your next question is..." (A/N: I can't think of a question.... sorry.... so basically they get this one wrong, then group 2 gets one wrong two then group 1 gets asked again..... ok? i hope this isnt too confusing its just that i cant think of any questions to ask them!!!)
"Group 1 your question is: In the shakespeare play "The Taming of The Shrew' who tamed Katherina?" John asked
The group talked it over a bit, then there was some screaming.
"NO IT'S PETRUCHIO!!!!" Sango suddenly shouted. The guys started screaming back.
"NO IT'S LUCENTIO!!!" then the buzzer rang and Inu Yasha, and Miroku jumped up at the same time.
"LUCENTIO!!!" They both shouted really loudly. Then they sat down and looked smugly at the girls.
"I'm sorry but the answer was in fact Petruchio! That means that you guys have no more chances left. I'm sorry but you're out!" John exclaimed as he pulled the lever. The guys looked shocked and started to jump over to the girls to protect them from the gross fishiness... unfortunately they didn't cover them in time.
"AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Kagome screamed at the top of her lungs making everone cover their ears in pain.
"I'M ALL FISHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she continued to scream until Sango clamped a hand over her mouth and the screams were muffled. The guys got moost of the fish though and were currently trying to get some of it off because it REALLY stank. Sango was still clamping her hand over Kagome's mouth and was glaring at the guys. Suddenly there was so much laughter from Kikyo that it was impossile to not hear it.... even over Kagome's screaming. Then Kouga started with her. Both of them ended up rolling on the ground in laughter. John figured that if he didn't make thm stop there would be a bit of hostility. (A/N: a bit?!?! There would be a typhoon of hostility!!! JEEZ!!! i mean honestly first they get attacked by fish and now they're being laughed at by the people they hate most in the world! besides John of course! lol stupid cheery bastard....)
"OK! Group 2! Your next question is: What is the name of the contribution that Canada made to the International Space Station?" John asked.
"Oh that is TOO easy!" Kikyo said as she patiently waited for the buzzer to ring. When it finally did she stood up.
"The contribution Canada made to the Internation Space Station is the Canadarm!" she stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
"That is correct! Group 2 wins! So they get the 10 bonus points too! Ok that's all folks! There are showers in that building over there and there are some clothes for you to change into. I'm sorry that you had to be attacked with fish guts." John said as he lead them to the showers.
"WE WON!!!!!!!" Kikyo was screaming over and over again.
"I can't believe you guys got that Shakespeare question wrong! That was TOO easy! I don't even know how you got here you're so stupid!" Kikyo bragged. (A/N: this goes on for another 10 minutes but I didn't feel like writing it..... sorry!)
John had had enough.
"Kikyo! If you do not be quiet I will be forced to disqualify you from the challnge, along with the rest of your team! So would you PLEASE spare the rest of us from having to hear your annoying voice!" John yelled. For once he didn't have his trademark smile on his face. (A/N: ooh that would be creepy..... John without a smile..... *shudder* lol) Kikyo automatically stopped in her tracks causing everyone to bump into her -coating her head to toe in fish guts-!!!!!!!!!! (A/N: HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stupid Kikyo! if you didnt already know i REALLY dont like Kikyo...... basically i hate her dead guts! lol!! so i had to get some fish on her! it just wouldnt be fair if everyone else got all fishy and Kikyo missed out!!! lol)
"OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Kikyo screeched, causing everyone to once again cover their ears. She turned around and came face to face with Kagome... who was (1) missing some of her fish, and (2) laughing her head off. Kikyo made the connection and pounced on her. Kagome screamed in surprise as she wsa dragged to the ground by Kikyo. She startd repeatedly punching poor Kagoe in the face.
"THIS IS A DESIGNER OUTFIT!!!!!! IT WAS SPECIALLY MADE FOR ME AND COST A LOT OF MONEY!!!!! NOW IT'S RUINED AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!" Kikyo said while still punching Kagome. Once again everyone was holding back Inu Yasha and Sango, leaving poor John to take care of the situation. The little weasel jumped into action. He pried Kikyo off of Kagome and restrained her as Kagome got up and ran into Inu Yasha's arms. Kagome was bleeding in several places and had a bunch of bruises, including a black eye. Inu Yasha held onto her like she was going to slip away if he let go. Then he looked up at Kikyo with the deadliest glare that anyone had ever seen. This thoroughly scared Kikyo, and she ended up latching onto poor John's neck for protection. Kouga came to Johhn's rescue and held onto Kikyo as he glared at Inu Yasha. (A/N: this is quite the glare fest isnt it? lol!) Kikyo looked up at Inu Yasha with teary eyes. 'I've lost him to this b1tch....' Kikyo thought as she gazed into his hate filled eyes -directed at her, and her only-. She burst into tears and burried her face in Kouga's chest.
"If you lay one fingernail on Kagome, EVER again, I will tear you limb from limb." Inu Yasha said in the deadliest voice he could make..... which was pretty scary!!! He had pure hate in his voice and in his eyes. Pure hate towards Kikyo. The wound that she inflicted on him a year ago was part of his hatred too..... but mostly the fact that she had hurt Kagome. This made Kikyo cry even harder, covering Kouga in fish guts and tears. He was clearly disgusted by the fact that he had to hold her while she was all fishy. They finally decided that they would go and shower now. After they were done the girls all came out in pink track suits that said 'The Challenge' on the bottom of the pantas and the back of the sweater, in black lettering. The guys came out in black track suits with 'The Challenge' written on the back of the jackets in lime green. (A/N: no it wasnt written on their butts..... thats only on girls clothes..... i think.... *gulp*!) They all felt much better but Kagome was all bruisy, and Kikyo was still red eyed from crying. Kagome was automatically in Inu yasha's arms and Kikyo walked behind the group on the way to the limos. She was silent the entire way back to the hotel anbd little did everyone know but she was plotting her revenge against the girl who had stolen Inu Yasha from her.
'I WILL get him back...' she thought as a vicious smile crossed her face.

So what do you think? Sorry bout the crappiness of the challenge..... i kinda went a bit brain dead while writing it.... OH! i was gunna put the myths down here! ok The first one is called 'Children of Izanagi and Izanami'

The creators of Heaven and Earth made the gods Izanami and Izanagi. Then Izanami and Izanagi formed the island of Japan. Izanami and Izanagi decided to live on this island and so they traveled down from Heaven.

Izanami and Izanagi were blessed with many children but the oldest was Ama-terasu, the Sun Goddess. She was extremely beautiful and her parents decided to send her up the Ladder of Heaven to the sky high above to cast forever her glorious sunshine upon the earth.
Their next child was the Moon God, Tsuki-yumi. He was not as beautiful as his sister but he was deemed worthy of her radiance and sent up the Ladder of Heaven. Like brother and sister they fought and so were separated by a day and night, and they lived apart. The next child of Izanagi and Izanami was Susa-no-o, The Impetuous Male. He was an unpleasant god and often lost his temper. His parents were often concerned by his doings, and after talking together they decided to send their bad son away to the Land of Yomi.

The last child Izanami gave birth to was the Fire God, Kagu-tsuchi. The birth of this child made Izanami very ill, and she crept away to the Land of Yomi. Izanagi could not bear to live without her and so he too went to the Land of Yomi. Here Izanami had already eaten from the cooking-furnace of Yomi and so it was too late for her to return with Izanagi. She begged Izanagi to not look at her.
Izanagi was very curious and so he could not obey Izanami's wish of not looking at her. When he looked at Izanami he saw this terribly ugly creature and was very disgusted. He became angry as did Izanami, for Izanagi had shamed her by looking. Izanami began chasing Izanagi but he soon escaped from her and the Land of Yomi.

ok and the second one was called 'A Story about Susa-no-o'

After Susa-no-o came back from visiting his sister in Heaven he was disturbed to hear weeping. He soon came upon this old man and woman quietly weeping in their home. Between them sat a young, beautiful girl, whom they caressed and gazed at, as if they were saying goodbye to her. Susa-no-o asked the old couple who they were and why they were crying. The old man replied, "I am an Earthly Deity, and my name is Ashi-nadzuchi. My wife's name is Te-nadzuchi and this girl is our daughter Kushi-nada-hime. We are weeping because we formerly had eight daughters, but they have been eaten year by year by an eight-forked serpent, and now the time comes for this girl to be eaten as well. There is no way to escape and therefore we weep." Susa-no-o, after hearing this sad tale, told the old man that he would slay the eight-forked serpent if they would give him the girl in marriage as a reward for his service. The family agreed immediately. Susa-no-o then changed the girl into a many-toothed comb and stuck it in his hair. He had the old man and women make sake and pour it into eight tubs. He then waited for the serpent to come. Eventually the serpent came. It had eight heads, eight tails, and firs and cypress-trees growing from its back. It was the space of eight hills and eight valleys. It was a very slow creature; when it smelled the sake it came at a faster pace. All eight heads drank from the tubs and the creature soon fell to the ground drunk. Susa-no-o wasted no time in drawing his ten-spade sword and chopping the serpent into little pieces. Having completed his task successfully Susa-no-o changed the comb back into the beautiful girl.

TA DA!!! those were the myths! woah those things are LONG! lol well i hope you liked this chapter. ill have the next one up soon! i PROMISE! lol OH! and by the by! Thanx again to all my lovely reviewers! i love you all!!! ill see you in the next chapter! TTFN!!!