InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Conqueror's Wife ❯ The Window ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hidy hi everybody! I am back once again. How long has it been now six, seven hours? Oh well. I just like reading reviews so much that I keep coming up with new ideas for stories. This is an AU fic. I think it's pretty original. At least, I haven't seen anything like it so don't get upset and say I stole your idea.

Disclaimer: Everyone belongs to everyone else. Except Inuyasha. He's copyrighted.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

The view from her window was beautiful. She absolutely loved it. Every day she would stand there and stare for hours. There wasn't much else to do anyway. Her room was on the east side of the palace and faced the ocean. It was high up and she could see parts of the town, including the shipyard. That was where her focus was at the moment. She was amazed at how they could build a huge fighting vessel from almost nothing in only three months. The men seemed to work all day and night. She knew them well, for not having met them. There was the young man who always seemed to be falling. Not a day would go by that he wouldn't trip on something or another. There was the man who was always late. It didn't matter what shift it was. The bell that signified the start of the day would ring, and he'd come running up in a whirlwind five minutes later. Then, of course, there was him. The one she'd admired for so long. He was always early and anxious to be working. He would pace around outside the gates or stand and just stare. She could always pick him out, even from afar. He had long white hair that stood out in startling contrast to the wet wood and tar that the men worked with. She had watched many times as he worked all day and into the night before the foreman had to tell him to go home. She didn't think he would ever leave that place unless he had to.

"Lady Kagome?" Kagome turned to see a sweet young girl with bright red hair pulled up in pigtails.

"Oh, yes Ayame?" She liked the girl. She had been a hired servant at her home for a long time. She was married to one of the men at the shipyard. She had told Kagome that once. When she pointed him out, Kagome laughed. It was the man who was always late. Ayame had giggled too. She had said it was her fault.

"Your husband wishes you to join him for breakfast in the dining hall."

"Tell him I'll be there in a minute."

"Yes, ma'am." Kagome watched as she left the room. She was less than enthused about the meal that was to come. She only saw her husband twice a day, at breakfast and dinner. They had their own quarters that weren't even on the same side of the house. He had wanted to face the mountains. She had wanted to stay where she was. Her husband had moved into her home after usurping the crown from her father. He had led his army into her peaceful city and destroyed a lot. Her father died by his own hand, and he took her as his wife. She knew why they lived in separate quarters. She had seen the strange young women enter her home in the late evening and leave the next day. She didn't care though. Actually, she was grateful for it. The more he slept with other women, the less he bothered her. She turned, finally, from the window and the man with white hair. He was pounding away furiously on some beam. She liked how forceful and superior he seemed, even in his lowly job in the shipyard.

"I'll be back soon," she whispered to the unhearing man, who continued his hammering and left the room.

"Ah, my beautiful wife. How are you this morning?" He sat across from her, down a long table. She liked that they were eating on different ends. That meant she didn't have to look into the face of the man who killed her father.

"I am fine, Lord Hiten."

"What were you planning on doing today?"

"Just sitting in my room, lord." That's what she did every day. She would sit in her room. Sometimes she would write poetry, sometimes she would read books, but mostly she would just sit and look out her window.

"I have some ambassadors coming today. I think you should go to town. That way you can't bother anybody if you happen to venture out of your room." She loved it when the dignitaries from other countries came to her palace. It meant that she could go out without having to explain herself to her overbearing husband.

"Yes my Lord, I will go to town."

"Good." They ate the rest of their meal in silence, the got up and went their separate ways. Kagome hurried to grab her shawl and basket. She knew exactly where she was going. The same place she always went when she was let out of her home. It had a great view too.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

A/N: I love using Hiten as the villain. I can't get flamed for that. I have never heard someone say, "Hiten is a great guy. Why are you so mean to him?" My sister said I should use Kouga, but I like him. I just think he's a little misguided. Okay, enough about that. Please tell me what you think so I can continue on my quest to impress you. Please review!