InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Conqueror's Wife ❯ Birth-Rite ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fluffy fluffity fluff fluff fluff

Disclaimer: I can't ever get anything I want.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Inuyasha lay on his bed and stared at the ceiling. He held a thin piece of white material up to his nose. He inhaled deeply as the sweet scent of wildflowers invaded his senses. It was Kagome's shawl. She had left so quickly that she had forgotten to take it and her basket. He didn't blame her. He would have left quickly if he were in her shoes too. It had been so hard to let her go. When she started to cry, all he wanted to do was wrap her in his arms and never let her go, but there were many reasons he couldn't.

"Why does God have to spite me this way?" he asked aloud to himself. "I finally find a good woman that I truly love, and she's married and way out classes me. Not to mention my…" His thoughts were cut off by a knock at the door. He was cautious at first. He wasn't expecting a visitor for a few more days yet.

"Who is it?"

"Kagome."

She had answered so weakly, he barely heard her. He opened the door to reveal a very disheveled lady of the city. Her face was red from crying, and her hair was mussed. Her dress hung halfway on her shoulders and halfway off them. She looked like a delicate princess doll that a child had played too roughly with. But the thing that stood out most was the dark purple mark beneath her eye. It was more than obvious against the creamy whiteness of her skin. He quickly ushered her inside and onto his bed. She sat on the edge as he stood in front of her.

"What happened, Kagome?" She could hear the worry in his voice.

"You told me that you didn't want me because I was Lord Hiten's wife. I told him to treat me like a wife, and he didn't like that." The worried face that had been examining her began to twist with anger.

"I will be right back." He walked outside and dipped a rag in his bucket of water. He returned to her and knelt in front of where she sat on the bed.

"Put this on your eye." She took the rag and complied.

"I'm sorry I came here, Inuyasha. I just didn't know where else to go."

"It's okay, love. You can always come to me. I'll always be here for you."

He wasn't concerned about anything else anymore. All the worries he had seemed to be melting away. He just wanted to make her happy. He wrapped his arms around her and began stroking her ruffled hair as she cried against his chest.

"I don't want him. I never did. He has all those women. I don't understand why I have to play the part of his wife. I want you, Inuyasha. I want to be with you."

He buried his face in her shoulder. Ho could he deny her the love he was feeling? He knew all the reasons he shouldn't be with her, but holding her as he was they didn't seem very important. He took her chin in his hand and tilted her face up to his. She looked so helpless with her tear stained cheeks and the rag covering her bruised eye. He took the rag from her and kissed the injury. She gasped. She had not expected him to do that. His lips were so tender and soft. She wrapped her arms around him and pulled him closer. This was what she wanted. His lips caught hers with a passion. When they stopped for air he whispered to her.

"I will always take care of you. You can always depend on me."

He pushed her gently on the bed and covered her body with his own. He kissed her again and again. Each time it was deeper, begging for permission to continue. Her lips returned the kisses eagerly. She was living the dream she had harbored for so long. She reached behind him and pulled out the thong that restrained his hip-length hair. It cascaded around her. She wound her fingers in it and was amazed at its silkiness. He began lightly tugging at her dress, treating her like she was more fragile than porcelain. She had to help him get it off. He removed the loose shirt he wore. She pressed her barely clad body to his chest. It was so strong and warm. He felt better than she could have ever believed. His callused hands dragged down her tender flesh and scratched it in all the right ways. This was her birth-rite. She was not meant to be the wife of the ruthless conqueror who had taken over her father's land. She was meant to be here with this common white-haired laborer. He stared down at her lovingly. His eyes reached all the way through to her soul. He pressed his lips lightly to her ear and whispered words that made her body quiver.

"You are mine now."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: Oh review review review!