InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Crying Game ❯ The Green Eyed Monster ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: Sadly, I do not own Inuyasha. I just like to play with them.

The Crying Game

Ch.7

By: Lara Winner

Kagome closed her bedroom door, shut her eyes and leaned against the sturdy wood heaving a weary sigh. She was exhausted physically and mentally. Calculus problems swam before her closed lids, mocking her with their blasted complexity. Houjou and his unexpected date had guilt nipping at her conscious, thought she wasn't quite sure what she felt guilty for. She was free to do as she pleased. She owed Inuyasha nothing. It wasn't as if he loved her like she loved him. Two weeks and he didn't even feel compelled to come after her. She missed him so much. Oh Gods she was going to cry…

"This place reeks Kagome." A certain much longed for voice snapped.

Speak of the devil.

Kagome's eyes flew open and she gaped at the demon across the room from her. He was crouched in the corner, his eyes hidden behind a mess of sliver bangs. His lips were curved in a nasty smile and his body seemed coiled and ready to spring. For some reason an image of a snarling dog came to mind and Kagome felt a twinge of fear. There was something very off with Inuyasha tonight.

There was a dark aura surrounding him. Blackness radiated around his body like an unholy halo. The outer edges were lined with red indicating anger. Kagome was at a loss. She couldn't even sense Inuyasha's presence yet there he was in the same room with her only ten feet away. She knew her miko powers had not deserted her. She could feel them building, surging just beneath the surface should she need to use them. The terrifying thought that this could be another demon using Inuyasha's image just as Naraku had done made her blood run cold.

"Inuyasha what are you doing here?" She tried to ask evenly.

He laughed bitterly. "Don't question me. I'm not the one with explaining to do. I was alone tonight." Slowly the deep black of his aura lightened into a dark inky green. The red flared brighter and his voice, laced with sarcasm, was deadly soft. "Forgive me if I've interrupted anything."

"Huh?" Kagome asked. Confusion made her frown as she went over his words once again. Then the proverbial light bulb went off as realization dawned on her- his green and red aura, his spiteful comments, and his odd behavior- she bit back a smirk. Inuyasha was jealous. It was a rare moment and she couldn't help but add a little more oil to the fire. "Oh you mean Houjou? Don't worry you didn't interrupt, we were done actually. He's got me so out of it I didn't even realize you were here."

Wrong thing to say, she realized too late, as Inuyasha rose from his sitting position in one fluid motion and began to advance on her. Getting a clear look at his face, Kagome paled and swallowed nervously. Inuyasha's right cheek was marred with three lavender streaks that were a contrast to his chalky white skin. His usually vibrant golden eyes were darkened to near amber with a touch of red flecked in their depths. She'd seen him like this before. The youkai blood was getting stronger, feeding on his anger and malice. He was loosing control and if they weren't careful he could hurt her.

Sidestepping his approach, Kagome tried to maneuver the bed between them. Unable to hide a little of her exasperation, she reasoned, "Houjou was helping me study Inuyasha, that's all. Nothing else happened. In my era I do have friends you know."

"Really?" He asked snidely, his fists clenching and unclenching. "That's funny because I could have sworn I heard him ask you on a date. And unless I'm suddenly going deaf, you accepted. So why don't we try this again." His eyes narrowed. "What is going on?"

She was caught red handed and it was too late to back down now. "How do you know about that? Were you spying on me?" she asked, her own anger rising at his sneakiness.

"Well, obviously I have to if I want an honest answer from you Kagome." He shot back.

His words hurt.

"How dare you?" She cried recklessly, the sting of insinuation overriding her better judgement. "I've never lied to you! And if you really want to get down to it, I don't owe you a damn thing either. I lived up to my part of the agreement between us and I helped you find all those stupid shards. So you have no right to come here, to my time, and give me the third degree because I'm going on a date!"

In the blink of an eye, Inuyasha was over the bed and grabbing her upper arms roughly, had pinned her to the wall behind her. His body pressed into hers and Kagome could almost feel the heat of his anger scorching her, mixing with her own and staring an inferno that could burn them alive. At this point she was too pissed to be afraid of the consequences. And so was Inuyasha.

"I have every right Kagome!" He seethed. "You are mine and nobody else's. I claimed you first and I'll kill the first son-of-a-bitch that lays a hand on you. You're mine, you got that? MINE!"

"Let me go!" She pushed against his firm chest with all her might, struggling to get away from him before she fried him with the violet energy that fizzled in her blood. She didn't want to hurt him but it would feel so good knock that arrogance right out of his head.

"Am I a toy to you Inuyasha? You think you can play with me then put me away? I don't think so! I do not belong to anyone, especially not you. Now get off of me you jackass!"

But her words had a perverse effect on Inuyasha. His eyes became even darker and he grinned evilly, his fangs indenting his lower lip. Kagome's heart began to pound and she was surprised to realize it wasn't fear that held her in its grip. It was a restless wanting that she tried to hide as he locked his eyes with hers.

"Are you so sure that you're not mine?"

The soft growl brushed against her ear and Kagome felt her skin flush. Frustration and anger warred inside of her, both needing an outlet for her to vent. Her body seemed to suddenly become aware of the hanyou's closeness and Kagome closed her eyes in disgust. She would not succumb to her desire for him. He couldn't use her like this and expect her to be okay with it. She had more pride than that.

But Inuyasha had a new form of attack. His teeth nipped at her ear and she felt the air leave her lungs in a rush. So many nights had been filled with dreams of his touch that she couldn't stop her body from responding to its craving. Clenching the folds of his haori, she bit her lip to keep from encouraging him further.

The hanyou chuckled darkly as his lips moved lower pressing against the sensitive skin below her ear. His tongue flicked out, tasting her flesh while sending bolts of electricity through her body. Kagome tried halfheartedly to push him away once again but her actions lacked the strength of meaning she wanted to put behind it. She was helpless as his hands left her arms, one sliding behind her back as the other slid down her side and over her hip.

Her head fell back against the wall even as her mind berated her for letting him prove his point. She loved him enough to take advantage of being in his arms. And when his hand slipped under her school skirt, she couldn't resist as his clawed fingers moved over her bottom to press her closer. To her irritation her body trembled.

"Would he make you feel like this?" Inuyasha asked hoarsely. To emphasize his meaning he slipped his hand between her thighs. He lightly moved his fingers against her underwear making her gasp.

Looking up into his burning gaze she glared. "Should I find out?"

"Try it and I'll kill you both." He warned, before crushing her lips in a rough kiss.

His fingers continued their torturous rhythm as his tongue wept through her mouth, robbing her of breath. Every nerve in her body felt alive, swimming in sensations that fought to consume her. A tightness formed in her abdomen making her buck her hips thoughtlessly. With all mental functions shutting down, her body took over and she found herself kissing him back for all she was worth.

Then, to Kagome's ultimate humiliation, he pulled away leaving her caught in the flames he'd started in her body. His smug smile was a knife in the heart and her desire ran cold as he taunted, "I told you so."

The sound of her open palm hitting his face echoed through the room. Anger gave her strength and she pushed away from him and stumbled back a step. Tears filled her eyes as she spat, "I am not your whore! Now get out of my room because I never want to see you again!"

She wasn't sure if it was the slap or what she said, but the wild look left his eyes and one hand rose to rub his cheek gingerly. The demonic marks on his skin began to fade but his face remained pale and drawn. No trace of emotion showed as he whispered, "It's not so fun when you're the one betrayed, is it?"

The tears fell and Kagome hated herself all the more. Was that some kind of accusation? Did he think she was toying with him like that?

"Don't even Inuyasha. How many times did you run back and forth between Kikyo and me? How many times did I find you with her?" She asked with a sneer.

Inuyasha growled, "Leave Kikyo out of this."

Kagome had her answer. He couldn't defend himself because he knew she was right. He didn't want her and he didn't want her to be with anyone else. He was acting like a spoiled child and she had had enough.

"You are no longer welcome here so you've got three seconds to leave before I 'Sit' you till your back breaks. Don't make me say it again. Get out and don't ever come back!"

Inuyasha said nothing. Her heart begged her not to do this, knowing that if he left she would never see him again, but her pride refused to back down. Some nameless emotion crossed his face but before she could identify it, he looked away, his shoulders slumping and his ears pressing flat against his head. Her heart breaking, Kagome watched as Inuyasha climbed up into her window.

"Goodbye Kagome." The whisper was so softly she barely heard him. And then he was gone, vanishing into the darkness outside her room.

Collapsing to the floor, Kagome covered her mouth with a trembling hand trying to hold back the sobs that threatened to choke her. But it was no use. Everything she kept bottled up refused to be ignored and the once powerful miko knelt on the floor in the middle of her bedroom and gave into the pain of loosing the one she loved forever.