InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Crying Game ❯ Here With Me ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER: Sadly, I do not own Inuyasha. I just like to play with them.

The Crying Game

Ch.9

By: Lara Winner

Kagome sat at her desk, surrounded by open school books and unsuccessfully fighting off sleep. Her chin rested in her palm and her eyes drooped shut as her pencil fell from her slack fingers. Her thoughts were sluggish as she warned herself that she needed to finish reading chapter twelve in her language text book but the blissful darkness was slowly overtaking her consciousness and she was too tired to resist…

Carefully, so he wouldn't wake his sleeping mate, Inuyasha closed the window without making a sound. The soft lamp light that filled the tiny bedroom was a drastic contrast to the night's darkness and he squinted his eyes as they adjusted to the brightness. Breathing deeply he let Kagome's sent drown him in a sea of imaginary warmth and tried to draw courage from the sensation hoping his spontaneous decision to come to her world wouldn't ruin the last chance he had to set things right.

Miroku's 'pep-talk' had its desired effect and though he would never tell the over-confident houshi that his plan worked, Inuyasha found himself unable to deny what the boy said. For so long he'd pushed Kagome away, telling himself that it was for her own good and that he didn't need her. But who was he fooling? Certainly not himself. He knew what love was and that was a miraculous feat in itself when it came to the youkai in him. For everything he had ever done wrong, the honesty of his emotions was something he took pride in. Perhaps it was his humanity that allowed him to feel and to care so deeply. Or maybe it was knowing what he was capable of and always striving to rise above his inner darkness.

Inside, behind Inuyasha's carefully erected walls, was the heart and soul no one saw. It was easier to survive in such a harsh world if he hid himself behind his invisible armor. There nothing could touch him or make him weak. But sweet apathy came with a price and it wasn't easy to stand alone. And now he found he no longer wanted to.

A lopsided grin lit the hanyou's face as he crouched down beside the sleeping girl. Kagome appeared childlike as she slumbered peacefully with her head resting on her forearm and her petite body, clad in an oversized t-shirt, hunched over the small desk. Long lashes fanned her cheeks and her lips were slightly parted as she breathed evenly. However, despite the precious sight Kagome made, her position also looked horridly uncomfortable.

Gently, Inuyasha gathered Kagome into his arms, his eyes going wide when she unconsciously leaned into his warmth and snuggled against his chest. In response his arms tightened and he pressed a chaste kiss to her brow, then carried her to her bed. Pulling the covers over her body, he glanced at the floor and then at the bed, trying to decide where he should camp out for the night. Kagome didn't even know he was in her room so common sense dictated he sleep on the floor but the temptation of being next to her was equally as strong and he knelt for a moment lost in indecision.

Inuyasha didn't even realize he was petting Kagome's hair till her head turned seeking his touch. The small action made the decision for him. Turning off the lamp, he crawled beneath the sheets behind her and pulled her secure against his chest. Burying his face in her silky soft hair, he closed his eyes and hoped against hope that when she awoke to find him here she wouldn't kill him.

Warmth surrounded Kagome and she floated, basking in the tingly sensation. It surrounded her making her feel safe in the endless darkness. Groggily, her mind tried to pull itself from the comfort of sleep and little by little awareness came stealing back. Stretching languidly, she leaned against the solid body next to her and stifled a yawn.

Body?

Sleep was suddenly gone and in the moonlit darkness Kagome froze accessing the situation. Almost instantly she recognized the aura of her companion and was able to breathe again as the startled fear that had her heart pounding was replaced by confused longing.

What was Inuyasha doing here?

The cruel knowledge that she was, in all probability, still dreaming made her heart lurch. This wasn't real. He had no reason to be here. Her dreams were just teasing her with what she desired. But no dream could feel this real, her mind reasoned, as his soft breath brushed the back of her neck. The weight of his arm draped over her middle could not be imagined. Even the coarse material of his haori was too real as she placed her hand on his arm.

Moving easily, she shifted to face her love in the darkness. His profile was kissed with the silver moonlight, accentuating the shadows cast on his handsome face. Tears stung her eyes and she bit her lip to stop herself from giving into the urge to cry. There were so many reasons she could chose form to explain why he was here right now and she knew deep in her heart that none of them mattered. He was here and if he would stay then that would be enough. She didn't need him to love her, just knowing he cared was more than she should have ever hoped for from the start.

Leaning up on her elbow, Kagome debated if she should wake him and then decided against it. It was the first time he had ever slept this close to her. Usually Inuyasha would rest in a tree. She wasn't sure why, but it seemed he felt more secure the higher he was off the ground. A smile curved her lips. He did like her bed though. Even he had to admit the soft mattress was much more comfortable than a tree branch. Still, she never thought they'd actually get around to lying in her bed together.

So letting her thoughts wander she took the moment to watch him sleep. Without his perpetual frown in place Inuyasha looked approachable. As her eyes landed on his ears, suddenly Kagome was struck with the urge to do something she'd always wanted to do. Her fingers trembled as she moved them trough his tick hair, smoothing the wayward locks that fell across his brow. When he didn't stir she gained a little more courage and gently ran her fingers over the soft fur of his ear.

The furry triangle twitched beneath her touch and soft growl, more akin to a purr, rumbled in Inuyasha's throat. The sound set her heart to pounding once again as it reminded her of the low sounds he made when they made love. Entranced, she rubbed the fur from the tip to the base, pausing when his arm tightened around her waist. Kagome blushed, then almost pulled away when she realized he was watching her, his eyes bright with sleepy amusement.

"You don't have to stop." He chuckled.

Her blush deepened at his request and she continued to indulge in her guilty pleasure as Inuyasha closed his eyes again. Contentment and suspicion fought a war in her heart and her insecurities won. Not wanting to ruin the moment yet unable to go without asking any longer, she whispered, "Why are you here?"

She was expecting the worst but instead the hanyou surprised her by saying softly, "I missed you."

As always, Inuyasha was blunt and his honesty touched her heart. Her vision blurred and she closed her eyes trying to stop the tears before they started. But it was too late and one by one they squeezed free, sliding down her face.

Leaning up, Inuyasha rested his forehead against hers and gently wiped at her tears. "Come on Kagome." He pleaded, "Don't cry."

Love and guilt welled up inside of her at his unexpected tenderness. Opening her eyes, she looked up into his golden orbs unsure how to say what she felt he needed to know. She was willing to lay her soul on the line, forsake pride and reason, and even her life if he would forgive her for hurting him the way she had. The emotion in his eyes spoke volumes, worry and concern foremost yet followed by something she was to afraid to name incase she was wrong. There was only one way to find out.

"I really messed up didn't I?" It wasn't a question but a statement of fact and she didn't bother to hide the bitterness in her voice. "I'm really sorry I said all those horrible things. And it was stupid, I know, but I was so mad at you because I didn't think you'd care-"

Kagome's explanation came to an abrupt halt when Inuyasha clamped his hand over her mouth. His whole expression turned stern as he scolded, "Shut up and stop crying. I already know why you said what you did and I understand if you like this guy, not that I see anything to like," he added snidely, "but if he's what you want then I won't stop you. I just want you to be happy. And I really wish you could be happy with me but I can't make that decision for you."

As more tears splashed on his hand, his courage deserted him, "Ah fuck it! I'm not good with words and I'm trying to tell you that I want you to be my mate and your acting as it this is the worst thing that's ever happened to you!" When the dog-demon realized what he said he looked up at Kagome, his face filled with sick dread, "It isn't the worst thing that's ever happened to you, is it?"

Kagome gave a watery laugh as she pried Inuyasha's hand from her mouth. Impulsively, she leaned forward and kissed him, making him gasp in surprise. Her heart felt is if it was soaring and her stomach was filled with dozens of butterflies. It was a beautiful feeling.

Inuyasha grinned against her lips. "Is that a yes?"

Reality shattered Kagome's euphoria when a tiny voice pointed out that certain things were still unresolved. She loved him so very much but she couldn't share him with a ghost. Though she was afraid of the answer, she needed to know if he was willing to let go of the past and Kikyo once and for all. She leaned back and Inuyasha's grin faltered. The only way to broach the subject was to jump in, so she did.

"Do you still love her?"

The question was blunt and it took Inuyasha by surprise. He gaped, stumbling for an answer. "I guess... yeah, a part of me will always love her, but-" Kagome tried to pull away and grasped her arm stopping her, "Will you let me finish!?!"

Kagome nodded and he sighed, "I don't know what would have happened if Naraku hadn't interfered. Kikyo wanted me to become human and at the time I thought it was a good idea but now I wonder if she would have still wanted me if I'd said no. She was the only person who ever cared and I thought that was love. But I'm not the same person I was then and she's dead. I want to be with you and I'm not going to let you go"

"Because I'm here and she's not?" Kagome countered sarcastically.

"No because I love you idiot!" he snapped back angrily. "You're not that stupid so quite acting like it."

"Now you're calling me stupid?" she huffed.

"Kagome shut up!"

Her reply was stopped by a kiss, and Kagome was helpless to resist the gentle attack .

Helovedherhelovedherhelovedherhelovedherhelovedherhelovedherhel ovedherhelovedher…

The words chanted about in her head freeing her in a way she didn't think possible. Love and excitement coursed through her sparking to life a need to be as close to Inuyasha as physically possible. Returning the kiss with all her heart, she wrapped her arms around his neck holding him against her tightly. He leaned over her, his body pressing hers into the soft mattress. Bracing himself on his elbows, he pulled back and laughed.

"Don't you have something to say?" he asked, arching one brow arrogantly while trying not to look expectant.

She smiled innocently. "Nope."

Burning golden eyes narrowed and Kagome shivered as her lover growled softly. The promise of retribution was evident in his wicked smile, making her heart pound madly against her ribs. Her breath caught as he lowered his head lightly nipping at her throat.

"You'll have to do more than that dog-boy." She gasped.

His eyes flashed. "Oh you asked for it now bitch."

With a swipe of Inuyasha's sharp claws, her night shirt was turned into shredded cotton ribbons. Wide-eyed, she watched nearly holding her breath as he lowered his mouth pressing light kisses on her flesh where the shirt gaped open. He followed the invisible paths over the curve of her breasts and down her stomach. Her back arched off the bed as she entangled her hands in his hair to pay with his ears.

Through the haze of desire he was surrounding her in she made a mental note of how sensitive his ears were. He seemed to like it when she rubbed them and any little bit of leverage she could have over him was always a good thing. But she couldn't hold on to her thoughts, and when his tongue found her navel she giggled unable to stop the way her hips wiggled.

But when his mouth moved even lower Kagome stilled, surprised by what he was going to do. He noticed her reaction and gave her a feral look that dared her to stop him, and confident she wouldn't he tugged her underwear down her hips. She felt exposed and nervous and even a little naughty as he settled between her legs. Then his eyes slid closed and he breathed deeply, letting her sent overtake him.

"Inuyasha?"

He grinned, "Shhh. I wanna see if you taste as good as you smell." Dipping his head he licked at her tentatively.

Oh Gods

Gripping the sheets in her clenched fists she whimpered. Each stroke of his tongue sent forays of pleasure pulsing through her. Her eyes squeezed shut as she writhed, trying to press closer to his eager mouth. Tension coiled in her abdomen, burning and tightening her muscles as her body reached for release. She was on the edge, about to fall over and into the bliss her body yearned for, when Inuyasha pulled away chuckling.

"You taste even better." He smirked, resting his chin on her stomach and licking his lips.

Practically snarling in unrelieved frustration, Kagome grasped a fistful in his hair and tugged him up, earning a yelp and a glare. Using his surprise to her advantage she pushed him on his back and straddled his waist. Pinning both his wrists to the bed she commanded, "Take off your clothes."

Despite his strength, he laid at her mercy, glaring at her cockily. "Beg me to."

Suddenly she was struck with a memory of the two of them in the exact same position, only then she had been fully clothed and he was being a jerk, not taunting her to screw him silly. A siren's smile suddenly curved her lips as she released his writs and pulled the remains of her shirt over her head giving him clear view of her nude body in the soft moonlight.

Tilting her head to the side, she shrugged, "If you won't then I will."

Kagome's nimble fingers had the ties to haori undone in a heartbeat and Inuyasha leaned up so she could pull the think material over his head. Sitting herself right on top of his arousal, she began trailing her fingers up and down his chest. His muscles rippled at her touch and she bit her lip, undoing the ties to his pants. A heady rush of power surged within her as she realized she had the mighty hanyou beneath under her control. She pulled his pants down letting him kick them off and when his bare flesh moved against her thighs she gasped. Purposely she rocked her hips again and he gave a breathless growl, the low and deep sound rumbling in the darkness.

She wanted to tease him, to test the mastery she had over his body but her own desire was raging beyond her ability of restraint and she couldn't deny it any longer. Rubbing herself against him once more, she contented herself with his look of pleasure before shifting her hips and taking him inside her.

Inuyasha hands gripped her waist and the sting of his claws scraping her skin was almost pleasurable as he guided her to move. Slowly she rocked her hips, forming a shy pace as he filled her deeper with each movement. Fire roared through her veins as she braced her palms on his chest. She could hardly keep her thoughts together much less maintain the slow rhythm of their bodies and before she knew it she was grinding herself onto him, meeting him thrust for thrust, her back arching in sweet mindless passion.

And then the wave of desire crashed over them both and Kagome felt as if she shattered, as if every fiber of her being was pulled apart in an explosion of intense ecstasy.

It took a few moments before she could catch her breath. Nestled in Inuyasha's arms she felt a sort of peace that had been missing ever since the dog-demon had stolen her heart. He was the center of her life now and she needed him more than the air she breathed. And he loved her. The knowledge filled her with a jubilant feeling and she knew that as long as he was by her side she could take on any challenge life could throw her way.

She felt him kiss the top of her head and she sighed, hugging him tighter. "I love you Inuyasha."

"You better bitch." He replied gruffly, his hold turning possessive.

Kagome rolled her eyes, the usual sparks of indignation and amusement rising through her lazy afterglow. "It's too bad you said that. I was going to take your collar off but you're stuck with it now." she mused airily.

"Hey, wait a minute. That's not fair!"

"Deal with it dog-boy."

"Kagome, just you wait…"

A.N.- Forgive me if this sucks. This is only my second Inuyasha fic and I'm still trying to dissect character personalities. Let me know if I should continue writing IY fics. I have a few other ideas, song fics and such. Hopefully I'll get around to putting them on paper. Until then, thanks for reading! Luv ya guys!