InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Curious Case of Kagome's Scent ❯ Mocha ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The last few days had been harder than he'd expected, although he certainly hadn't thought it would be easy. Three days without the feel of her aura caressing him, without her sweet voice and angelic laughter, without the sight of her overwhelming beauty; it was pure torture. He even missed her ever changing scent and the frustration and confusion that came with it.

Kagome had said she would be back in a few days, but without a specific day to expect her return the situation seemed never-ending. If he knew when she would be back, there at least would be an end in sight, something to look forward to. Instead it felt like he was stuck in purgatory, with no hint of his release date. He could only hope it was soon, that she would come back and put an end to his misery. The only upside to the whole thing was that Inuyasha had disappeared immediately after her departure and hadn't shown his face since.

Sesshoumaru sat with his back against the wall, watching as Rin and Shippo played with Jaken. He was trying his best to become distracted by their antics, but it wasn't working. He almost wished for a demon to attack; at least then he would have something to take his mind off of her for a while, and an outlet for his frustration.

Around noon, the taiyoukai sent the children and Jaken back to the village for lunch. He, however, refused to leave his vigil by the well. He would be there when she returned, would be the first to see her. He had to be. Otherwise he might just go insane.

'Kagome, what is it about you? How have you managed to attract my interest when no other female has? Why can I not remove you from my thoughts? Why can I not control myself in your presence? Why does your absence hurt so much?'

'There's a simple explanation for all of this,' the beast replied.

'Oh? And do you plan to share this information?'

The beast didn't get a chance to reply before they felt a swell of magic behind them. She was back! In an instant, Sesshoumaru was in the well, his lips pressed to hers in a kiss that held all his frustration and need that had accumulated during her time in the future. She kissed him back with equal fervor, and when he pulled back to allow her breath, his lips continued his assault, leaving a burning trail along her jaw line, behind her ear, and down the pale column of her throat. He buried his nose in her hair, breathing in the familiar scent while nuzzling against her.

"Now that is the way to greet a girl!" Kagome said with a smile. "You are officially appointed my welcoming committee."

"I see no problem with that. I would happily be the first to greet you upon your return," he purred, never pulling back from his place in the curve of her throat.

"What... What is going on with you, Sesshoumaru?" she asked in confusion. When he didn't respond, she tugged at his hair, pulling his face back so she could look at him. "Why in the world do you want to be kissing me? I don't understand. It seemed... It felt almost desperate."

"I cannot help myself," he replied with complete honesty. "You are too delicious to resist."

Kagome thought over his response for a moment before speaking once more. "Wait, are you telling me that you, Lord of Control, who never shows a hint of emotion on his face, can't control yourself?"

"Exactly. My impeccable control is useless where you are concerned." When she looked skeptical, he allowed his mask to fall, letting her see just the very tip of all the emotions he was feeling for her at that very moment.

Kagome gasped. "Oh, you should do that more often," she declared before pulling his lips back to hers for another kiss.

Shifting his feet in an attempt to get even closer to the miko, Sesshoumaru noticed that the ground felt much squishier than he remembered when he first landed at the bottom of the well. "Would you care to tell me what this Sesshoumaru is standing in?"

The miko laughed. "That was my mocha iced coffee. I was drinking it before you startled the hell out of me by jumping in here and practically attacking me. It's your fault I dropped it."

"Ah, so that accounts for the different taste."

"That's creepy, you know."

Suddenly concerned that he had somehow done something to upset her, Sesshoumaru studied her face closely as he asked, "What, exactly, is creepy?"

"That you can taste whatever I was just eating or drinking every time we kiss. That can't be pleasant."

"I do not mind it in the least."

"But, isn't it weird? I'd think it would make you not want to kiss at all."

"Nothing could make that happen, nothing at all, not even your toothpaste. Did you keep your end of the bargain?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

"Yup. I hope this one is better. There are only a few flavor choices for toothpaste, so I tried to get the least powerful one I could find. Can I assume Inuyasha is still alive?"

"The whelp made it easy on me. He left immediately after you did and has not returned."

Kagome sighed. "I figured as much. He's with Kikyo again."

"That does not upset you?" He had expected anger or pain at the blatant betrayal, but instead she seemed almost indifferent, if a little bit annoyed.

"No, he made it clear a long time ago that he doesn't want me. He's also stupid if he thinks I don't know where he runs off to every night. She's been following us for weeks. I don't think he knows I can sense her. He's always assumed me weak."

"He is a fool," Sesshoumaru whispered before leaning in for another kiss. It felt so good to have her close again, to be able to touch her and, to kiss her.

"You do realize he's going to have a stroke if he finds out about this, whatever this is."

"Stroke?" he asked, curious about the unfamiliar term.

"He's gonna freak out, throw a tantrum, call me every horrible name he can think of while doing his best to injure you as much as possible. You know, the usual Inuyasha behavior."

"He will not disrespect you. I will not allow it. And it is not if, but when, because I have no intention of hiding my interest in you."

"Oh, gee, this will be fun."

"Indeed."