InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Curious Case of Kagome's Scent ❯ Strawberry ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Several days had passed and Inuyasha had yet to return. It hadn't slowed them down though, and the rest of the pack was continuing on with their shard hunt as if nothing had changed. Sesshoumaru had become very open with his affections now that the hanyou was gone. He had only been holding back because Kagome seemed uncomfortable with the thought of Inuyasha finding out, but now the boy clearly knew there was something going on between them, so there was no reason to hide.

Sango was absolutely thrilled for her friend. Kagome deserved to have someone see her for who she really was, instead of just as Kikyo's reincarnation and it was obvious Sesshoumaru cared for her a great deal. Sure, it was surprising that the demon Lord had fallen for a human miko, but not completely unbelievable. Kagome was good for him; they seemed to communicate well and their differences balanced each other out.

The change in Sesshoumaru's behavior, and his obvious affection for Kagome, had only served to give Miroku ammunition for his perverted thoughts. He often made suggestive comments, but everyone had more or less learned to ignore the monk, who was secretly saddened by the fact that Sango no longer punished him as often as she once did. What could he say? He liked strong women.

The group had chosen their campsite for the night and Kagome was grinning from ear to ear. There was a hot spring nearby! She'd had to make due bathing in cold water sources over the last few days and the naturally heated water would be greatly appreciated. The miko gathered her things and was just about to leave when Sesshoumaru caught her hand. A gentle tug later and her back was pressed to his armor free chest, his arm winding around her waist.

"Leaving so soon?" he murmured in her ear.

Kagome was fighting not to melt into his embrace, but it was difficult. The hard planes of his chest pressed against her sent a rush of naughty thoughts through her mind, and he wasn't helping things by whispering in her ear. His breath brushing across her throat sent a shiver down her spine and when his hand slipped under the hem of her shirt, his claws trailing teasingly over her abdomen, she couldn't help the small moan that escaped.

"I need a bath," she replied, her tone revealing just how much she was enjoying their position and his touch.

"About that body wash of yours," he purred before letting his tongue slip out to trace the shell of her ear.

"I was wondering how long it would take you to ask about that," she said, trying to pull herself together, though he wasn't making it easy. "I take it you want to see how it works, like with the shampoo?"

"If it would not make you uncomfortable..." At the thought that he would once more be accompanying her to the spring, all of the blood in his body rushed south. Maybe he could finally get some relief from all the frustration that had been building up inside him. She certainly seemed more comfortable with him touching her, but he didn't know just how far she would be willing to go. It couldn't hurt to try, but he cared too much about her to want to push her into something she wasn't ready for. If she said no, he would stop; no matter how much the rejection would pain him.

"It's fine, so long as you can behave yourself."

Unable to stop himself, Sesshoumaru thrust his hips against her ass, making sure she could feel just how aroused he was. "That is a very difficult request, Kagome, as you are more tempting than you know."

"Well, if you can't be a good puppy then you can't come," she said teasingly while pushing back against him, giggling when he groaned in her ear.

"Puppy?" he asked, one eyebrow raised.

"I think it's only fair that I get to pick a pet name for you. If I want to call you puppy, I will."

Sesshoumaru smirked. "Then what do I get to call you?"

"I'll let you know," she replied playfully. "So, can you be a good puppy or not?"

"I shall do my best."

"Fine, then you can tag along, but same rules as last time. No peeking."

"And touching?" His voice was husky with his arousal and Kagome moaned softly.

"We'll see."

He released her and had to bite back a groan as she walked away, her hips swinging a bit more than usual. She was the most erotic creature he'd ever had the pleasure to lay eyes on, and she was still so innocent. She had no idea what she could do to him with just a look. Seeing she was getting further away, he took advantage of his long stride and caught up, walking beside her the rest of the way to the spring.

Once they arrived, he turned his back to her, listening intently as she removed her clothing piece by piece. After she'd slipped into the water and arranged herself, she called out to him. He walked to stand beside where she sat on a natural ledge, and again he cursed the cloudy water for hiding her body from him. There were very few things he desired more than to see her completely nude. She'd piled her hair atop her head in a messy bun, exposing the slim, pale column of her throat, and his instincts screamed at him to trail his fangs over her pulse in a test of trust. He could so easily tear her throat out, but he knew that she would show no fear. Kagome felt safe with him and trusted him with her very life, the fact of which swelled his pride to an all time high.

"Okay," she said while twisting to grab her supplies. "I use this thing," she held up a foreign looking item. "It's called a pouf. You get it wet and then put the body wash on it. Squish it around a few times to work up some lather, and then you wash with it. Easy." The scent of strawberries filled the air as she demonstrated.

He watched her intently as she began to run the 'pouf' as she'd called it over her left arm. "May I?" Sesshoumaru asked while sitting down directly behind her.

"I guess." Kagome handed him the pouf and held out her arm for him, fighting down the urge to hide her entire body under the water. She wasn't sure about this. She wanted his touch, craved it even, but she'd never done anything like this before and she had an inkling of where it might lead.

His hand was shaking as he reached towards her and he mentally chastised himself for being so weak that he could not hide his own nervousness. At least she was just as nervous, though probably for different reasons. He worked on her left arm, mimicking the motions she had used, while his thoughts and the voice of his beast swirled in his mind. He was so close. She was naked and allowing him to touch her. He needed to make a move or he would regret it for the rest of his life. Even if she shot him down, at least she would know just how badly he desired her.

"Um, Sesshoumaru?" The taiyoukai snapped to attention, halting his movements. "Where was your head at?" Kagome asked, concerned. "I called your name a couple of times, but you didn't seem to hear me."

"I was merely thinking. Is there something wrong?" He was glad she wasn't looking at him because he'd never been so embarrassed as he was at that moment. She'd caught him so stuck in his own mind that he hadn't even heard her speak, when he should have been completely focused on her. He hoped she wasn't offended, that she didn't take it the wrong way.

"Well, you might want to move to my other arm now." She held up her left arm, showing him the bright red skin resulting from his repetitive washing.

His eyes widened in shock. He'd actually managed to hurt her because his body was on autopilot while his mind was occupied. "I am so sorry," he murmured softly, wracked with guilt. "Are you alright?"

Kagome smiled brightly at him. "Relax, I'm fine, puppy. My arm is just very clean." She held up her right arm and he quickly returned to his task, this time staying as focused as possible. Once he'd finished, the miko surprised him by standing up, exposing her back to him.

Sesshoumaru studied the newly revealed expanse of her pale flesh, and again the urge to lick every inch of her body swelled to the surface. The water reached just below her lower back, and from his angle it appeared to come a few inches below her navel, dangerously close to revealing all of her secrets to him. He couldn't see her breasts, though he knew if he leaned just slightly to one side he would be granted a perfect profile.  

When he hadn't moved for over a minute, Kagome smiled at the thought that she'd struck him dumb with such a simple action. "Sesshoumaru? Are you going to wash my back?"

"Of course," he replied, trying to sound normal, but failing. The temptation was killing him! He ran the pouf over her back for a few moments before giving in. He dropped the pouf to the ground beside him and laid his bare hands on her shoulders. When she jumped, he immediately worried he had upset her, but when she didn't tell him to stop, he took it as a good sign.

Thinking of the beautiful sounds she made for him when he massaged her while applying lotion, Sesshoumaru decided to go the same route. Even if it went no further than this tooday, perhaps if she enjoyed it, he would be given another opportunity. He rubbed her shoulders and massaged the muscles of her back, all the while reveling in the feel of her body under his hands. She was moaning for him again and he knew he had a real smile on his face, but didn't care to try and hide it. He was having a wonderful time, and besides, there wasn't anyone around to see such a lapse in his usually stoic demeanor.

His hands slipped around the curve of her waist, running smoothly over her abdomen, pausing when she gasped and tensed. She quickly relaxed and he continued, washing her belly while being extremely careful not to allow his hands to wander too low. Then he moved higher, deciding to be bold in hopes that she would not stop him. His fingers brushed the bottoms of her perky breasts and Kagome moaned louder.

Sesshoumaru leaned closer, placing his lips beside her ear before whispering, "You have no idea how badly I want you."

Kagome's voice was breathy when she answered, the sound making his cock lurch in his pants., "I think I might."

"You are so beautiful, so perfect, so incredibly tempting." He slid his hands around the outsides of her breasts to wash her upper chest, smirking as she whimpered. Even if she didn't know exactly what it was she wanted, her body was aching for his touch. Her breasts begged for him to cup them, to tease her nipples until she was ready to beg for more, just as her innocent provocarions left him ready to beg for the relief only she could give.

"Sesshoumaru," she whispered, groaning as his hands slipped past her breasts again to lightly touch her abdomen before coming to rest on the curve of her hips.

"Kagome, just say the word and I will give you everything you need."

"Sesshoumaru... I... I can't. I'm not going to sleep with you." Guilt flooded her as she felt him tense at her words, though he didn't remove his hands from her body.

"You do not find this Sesshoumaru attractive." The taiyoukai said it as a declaration, but meant it as a question. He'd been so certain she wanted him too! Did she feel nothing for him at all?

"What? No! Of course I find you attractive; I'd have to be blind and stupid not to. I want to be with you, believe me, I do. No, Sesshoumaru, I just... I can't sleep with you just because you want me now. I can't do this once or a few times, until you've had your fill. I need... When I sleep with a man, I want it to be with one who is committed to being with me for a long time. I can't just have casual sex. I need more."

"And if this Sesshoumaru were to tell you I desire more?" Now he was beyond confused. Did she really have no idea how much he cared about her? She thought that he only desired her for her body, as a bed warmer, until something better came along? Nothing could have been further from the truth.

"Do you?" The hope in her voice sent his heart racing.

"I do. I wish to take you as my mate, Kagome. There is nothing casual about my feelings for you."

Kagome shifted so that she could see his face as he spoke. "Really? But why? Why me?" She sounded so confused. Did she really value herself so little that she couldn't understand why he would want her?

"I want you for many reasons. Inu can identify their true mate, the one they are destined for, by scent alone. My beast has thought for quite some time that you are the one, though since I have never experienced your natural scent, untainted by the products you use, I had to take other factors into consideration. I chose you not only because of your scent, which my beast and I agree is the right one based on hints I have scented, but also for your personality, your loyalty, your strength, your beauty; everything that makes you Kagome."

She was silent for a long moment before speaking. "But, if you've never smelled my natural scent, how can you be sure? What would happen if we mated and then you smell it and realize it's not the right one? Or if someday you come across another woman who does have the right scent? Mating can't be undone, which means you'd be stuck with me." Kagome sounded so sad that it made his heart ache for her.

"That will not happen, Kagome. You are the one I want. I have made my choice and I am confident that it is the correct one. I promise you, I would never desire another woman."

"I... I don't know. I can't... I need to think about this."

Sesshoumaru removed his hands from her hips, leaning in close to her ear once again. "As you wish, but know this: I have made my decision and I will not change my mind. You are the woman I want and I will accept no other."

"Please, just let me think."

The taiyoukai nodded and rose, heading into the trees. "I will not be far," he said before disappearing.

Once she was sure he was really gone, Kagome allowed her tears to fall. He actually wanted her! And not because of who her soul used to be, but because of who she was. It was so hard to deny him, but she refused to be the reason for his misery. She loved him and she wanted him to be happy, even if it wasn't with her. She could not mate him knowing that at some point he would find another woman, the right woman, and not be able to be with her because he would be stuck. Then he would grow to resent her for keeping him from true happiness. No, she just couldn't risk it.