InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Curse of Terasu: The Choosing (rewritten) ❯ Meeting Terasu: The beginning of a living Hell ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Curse of Terasu

        Chapter One: Meeting Terasu: the beginning of a living Hell

        

'Ma saka! How could he be so mean?' A girl with long raven hair, and blue- grey eyes thought as she walked through the dark forest.

She walked until she came into a clearing that had an old dry well.

When she entered the clearing, her eyes met the battered body of a small pure white kitsune near the well.

'It's so kawaii!' was her first thought.

'Aw it's injured, I have to help it!' ske thought as she walked closer to it, very causciously.

'A ningen? A very strong ningen with a kind kokoro, she's perfect, but I have to hurry.' The small kitsune thought as she smelt the young woman's paw. (hand)

The kitsune sat up and gazed at her with soft, sad amber eyes. then suddenly, she launched herself at the girl.

"AHHH!!" the girl screamed when the kitsune landed on her, and then emitted a bright light.

*~Ningen, what is your name?~*

~*H-higarashi Kagome, and who in the Hells are you?*~

*~That does not matter anymore, but I will tell you, I am Terasu, the Guardian Kitsune of the Elements, but now I shall be known as a mere memory.~*

~*NANI?! How? You can't do- what the hell? Why do I feel smaller, and warmer?*~

*~That is because you now hold my powers and my truest form. Farewell Kagome.~*

~*Matte! How do I transform back, Terasu?*~

*~That is what you must find out yourself, Kagome. Ja Ne.~*

~*TERASU! Please tell me!*~

There was no answer as the light died down, leaving Kagome without an answer, and alone.

'Well I had better try to tell Inu-Yasha.' she said, trying to walk, but only succeeding in falling flat on her face.

'Greeeeeat. I'm an abnormally small kitsune, that doesn't know how to use the powers given to her, doesn't know how to walk, and that doesn't know how to transform into a ningen again. This was a great day now wasn't is? Well I want to see how I look so, I'll practice walking.'

She stood and wobbled over to the next clearing, where she gazed into the pond.

She gasped when she saw her reflection.

Her fur was a dark stormy gray, the result of mixing black and white together. Her eyes were a royal blue where the gray would usually be, with amber where the blue would usually be. The tips of her tail, and ears were a snow white, also her muzzle, and from her knees down to her paws. She stood about five inches taller than her adopted kitsune kit.

She promptly flopped down on her behind and whimpered.

'This can not be happening. It must be a yume. Hai that's what it is, I'm sure of it.'

She then shook her head, and bit her tongue hard.

'Itai! It's real!' she thought as she let her now swollen pink tongue hang out of her mouth.

She them walked back slowly to the village, careful not to trip.

When she arrived, she had gotten the hang of walking on all fours again.

Kagome sniffed around a bit, trying to find the hut that smelled mostly of herbs.

Her eyes started to water, when the many scents of a village assaulted her now extra sensitive nose. She forced herself to endure it while she tried to weed out the scent of herbs.

She found it, just as a strong hand grabbed her very soft, yet fluffy tail.

She yelped when she was lifted into the air, and was face to face with a pair of amber eyes.

'Inu-Yasha! Oh why did it have to be him?'

He was now sniffing her, trying to figure out why she smelled so strongly of Kagome, of sakura and cinnamon.

'Is there something wrong with my scent?'

He pulled back and growled asking, "Why do you smell like the wench, kitsune?"

'Inu-Yasha still can't get my name right?'

"Because I am Kagome!"

Inu-Yasha just blinked staring at her awaiting an answer.

"Can't you understand me?"

He snorted and carried her into Kaede's hut, mumbling about 'baka vixens' and 'needing the brat to translate for him.'

Kagome was greeted by the scent of herbs and magic, Kaede the miko of the village's scent.

Pine and rain, Inu-Yasha the inu hanyou's scent.

Forest and magic, Shippo the kitsune's scent.

Embers and spices, Kirara the fire neko's scent.

Embers and lavender, Sango the tajiya's scent.

Earth and magic, Miroku the houshi's scent.

"Hey brat! Translate what this kitsune says." Inu-Yasha said, as he dropped Kagome to the floor, since she didn't know how to use her ktsune reflexes, she face-planted on the floor.

"Itai Inu-Yasha that hurt! Osuwari!" Kagome yipped, licking her small nose.

The hanyou face-planted with the soft ground.

The others all gaped at the small kitsune.

"K-kagome okaasan?" Shippo yipped to get the little vixen's attention.

Kagome turned and stared at him with shocked bluish-amber eyes.

"Hai Shippo-chan, you understand me?"

"Kagome-chan how did you get turned into a kitsune? Kitsune was my first language."

"Oh."

After the explanation....

"So can you tell them?" Kagome asked as she flicked her newly aquired appendadge around her.

"Hai okaasan!" Shippo yipped as he stuffed a cookie into his mouth. (just so you know, Shippo raided Kagome's book bag when she forgot it earlier.)

After yet another explanation, which required a lot of osuwaries to get through...

"How can that vixen be Kagome?" Inu-Yasha all but yelled.

"Because, you can tell by her scent." Shippo said as he laid down next to Kagome's sleeping form, and placing his head on her small body.

"He's got you there Inu-Yasha." Miroku said as he situated himself next to Sango.

"Hai, I agree houshi-sa-HENTAI!" Sango said as she felt a hand on her ass.

'WHACK!' 'Thud!'

Miroku now had his old friend Bumpie to keep him company during his unconsciousness.

"Goodnight minna." Shippo yawned, as he got more comfortable against Kagome, falling asleep.

"Goodnight Shippo-chan." Sango said, as she scooted away from Miroku.

"Feh!" came Inu-Yasha's reply as he walked outside, and jumped into a tree.