InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Curse of Terasu: The Choosing (rewritten) ❯ Meeting an Inverse; Lina Inverse ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kouseki: Hi! And thank u for your time to read this, without further ado, here is chapter 2!
 
Disclaimer: Go back to the beginning
 
Chapter 2: Meeting an Inverse; Lina Inverse.
 
It was still dark when a restless Kagome awoke, and after she made sure Shippo would not wake, she set off outside, doing what a restless kitsune would do.
 
`Why did I have to turn into a kitsune? If I were any other type of animal, I doubt I would be so damn hyper.' Kagome thought as she ran through the quiet forest with her newly acquired speed.
 
And just as she neared a clearing, her senses picked up on something.
 
`Hey, what is that? It's like some weird type of energy…I should just go back.'
 
Just as she started to turn back, Kagome found out with annoyance that her kitsune form would not allow her to bypass a mystery without checking it out first.
 
`…Ok, maybe just one little peek…' She thought, turning around and walking towards the energy.
 
She came upon a hot spring. But the spring and the clearing were ethereal in themselves.
 
Kagome looked back swiftly before sniffing cautiously, entering and glancing about nervously.
 
`Why does this power seem so close?' She wondered as she reached the spring, glancing into it as well.
 
She was captivated by the swirling colors, not noticing that she was leaning over a tad too much…
 
Kagome fell in after her snout touched the mizu's surface.
 
`Nani?! What happened? Why can't I breathe? I-I'm in the spring? Someone help me please!'
 
She failed to notice that the spring was carrying her up toward two people bathing.
 
Kagome broke the surface with a gasp, sinking her sharp teeth into the closest person's teeth, this of course, could be a bad thing…
 
“ITAI! GET IT OFF!” A red head yelled as she shook her arm frantically, trying to shake her off.
 
“Ano, Lina-san? Maybe if you set it down, it will let go?” a girl with short raven hair said as she draped a light pink towel about herself.
 
“And then I'll kill this thing.” Lina muttered as she wrapped a towel around herself as well, albeit clumsily.

Lina waded over to the side and placed her arm down onto the tiled edge of the hot spring, wincing as she felt Kagome's sharp fangs loosen fangs loosen.

Kagome let go of the damp skin slowly, looking around herself with frightened blue-amber eyes.
As Lina prepared to fire off a spell that would surely toast the poor thing, the younger girl interrupted, saving the little fox from Lina's wrath.

"Aw, Lina-san, it's a kitsune! It's so kawaii, but it looks scared." the girl said as she walked up behind Kagome, picking her up making her yelp.

Kagome shivered in the girl's arms and looked up into the dark blue pools of the young princess.

"Oi, get that rodent out of here, Amelia! Before I fireball it." Lina said as she cast a minor healing spell on her arm, frustrated by the lack of being able to vent her anger on something.

"Lina-san, I'm going back to our room, and I'm taking this kitsune with me." Amelia said as she gathered all of her things and walked out of the hot springs.

"Baka, now she will have to take care of that thing, 'cause it'll never go away." Lina said sinking back into the spring.

-*-*-*

"There, there now stay here and I'll get you some food." Amelia said as she petted Kagome on her fluffy gray head.

At the mention of food, Kagome forgot all of her troubles for the time being, wagging her fluffy tail very fast, making soft thumps on the bed, and looked up at the girl expectantly.

"I guess you're hungry, so stay here, and I'll be right back." Amelia said, chuckling a little bit, before stepping out of the door and closing it after her.

Kagome was just getting comfortable on the bed, or about as comfortable as you can get while hungry, when she heard a knock.

"Amelia?" A male's voice drifted through the door towards her.

Kagome just jumped off the bed, and ran up to the door and started scratching at it.

'Wonder if he'll get me even more food? I'm STARVING!' Kagome thought, moving back when the door opened.
 
Aquamarine eyes looked around and fell on Kagome's small form.

"Nani? What are you doing here?" A man with purple hair and blue stone skin asked as he kneeled down to give her neck a rest from straining so hard to look at him.

'What is he?' Kagome thought to herself when she felt his stone skin on her fur.

Kagome just responded by blinking and rubbing up against his hand.

'Usually, an animal would move away from me when I did this, it seems that this kitsune is not normal.' The man known as Zelgadis thought, picking her up, and scratching behind her long ears.

'He's nice.' Kagome said as she started purring, taking in his relaxing scent of earth, spice, and magic.

"Zelgadis-san? Did you want something?" Amelia asked when reappeared with a bowl of food for Kagome.

"Hai Amelia, did Lina say when we were leaving?" Zelgadis asked as he continued to pet Kagome.

"No, but that kitsune is hungry, can you put it down?" Amelia said as she placed the plate of food down, just inside of her door.

"Oh, right." Zelgadis said, as he stopped his petting, in order to place her on the floor.

"Hey, I was comfortable! So I'm not moving!" Kagome yipped, digging her claws into his sleeve. Her mind was far past the need for food, and just stayed at the `More Petting' stage.

"Zelgadis-san, it would seem that she likes you." Amelia said with a small smile, retrieving the bowl, and handing it to Zelgadis.

"Ano, ok I'll just feed her in my room." Zelgadis said situating Kagome in the crook of his arm.

Zelgadis turned and walked out and back to his room, after hearing Amelia's door shut.

"You are a kawaii chibi kitsune." Zelgadis said after about an hour in his room, watching Kagome explore, and get caught in some of his spare clothing.

'Aggh! Too much clothing! Matte, did he just say that I was kawaii?' Kagome thought to herself as she blushed too slightly to be noticed.

"Come here, what do you want to be named?" Zelgadis asked walking over to her and picking her up.

Kagome blinked and seeing the quill on the desk, she jumped down and wrote her name in kanji form on a piece of spare parchment.

"Ka-go-me?" 'I was right this is no ordinary kitsune.' Zelgadis thought as he watched her nod, and then suddenly halt, as she made eye contact with the dark night sky.

'New moon, I wonder if Inu-Yasha is ok?'

------With Inu-Yasha------

"Where the in the seven hells is that ikeike?!" Inu-Yasha yelled, pulling at his long black hair in frustration.

"Inu-Yasha, it isn't very nice to talk about Kagome-sama like that." Miroku said swinging his staff around, hitting Inu-Yasha on the back of his knees, resulting in him falling face forward.

"KUSO, MIROKU! I'LL KILL YOU!" Inu-Yasha yelled as he wrenched himself up from the ground.

"Iie Inu-Yasha, we should find Kagome-chan first, then maybe you can hurt Miroku-san." Sango said, while petting Kirara.

"Yeah Inu-Yasha stop acting like a baka, and come on!" Shippo said from his perch on Sango's shoulder.

"Nani? Urusai! You little brat!" Inu-Yasha yelled to the little kitsune as he sat in his trademark position on the floor.

"You think we should make camp and continue the search tomorrow?" Sango asked, hitting Miroku for another attempt at grabbing her ass.

"Feh, zentai."

"I miss Kagome kaasan." Shippo said after they had made camp.

"Yes me too, Shippo-chan. Especially her nice curves, and-" 'Thump!' "Itai!"

"Sukebe." Sango muttered as she placed her Hiraikotsu next to her again.

'Kagome, I hope you're ok.' Inu-Yasha thought before he allowed sleep to claim him.

--------With Kagome---------

'Soooo tired, too much food, can't move.' Kagome thought as she laid on the room floor.

Zelgadis sighed and moved away from the window, after staring at the sky for so long.

He noticed Kagome lying near the door and smirked a bit.

All Kagome was thinking about was 'too full, can't move, too sleepy.'

Then she fell asleep, almost immediately after these thoughts.

Zelgadis chuckled, and walked over, picking her up and placing her on his bed next to his pillow. He then slipped under the blankets and promptly fell asleep, due to the sweet scent of sakura and cinnamon.

He failed to notice the purple eyes that stared at him and the kitsune from the cover of night.

*_*_*_*
 
Kouseki: Done! Now, if you people would be so kind…? Review please, it boosts my confidence. Ja Ne!