InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Curse Of The Shikon No Tama ❯ Chapter 2 - The Calm Before The Storm ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*~*~*

~Where the fuck am I?~ Inuyasha was in a clearing filled with rich, green grass and beautiful flowers.

"Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha whirled around at the voice. A girl in a green school uniform came rushing towards him, wrapping her arms around him tightly.

"Ka-go-me?" Inuyasha stood there frozen in shock, wrapping his arms around her on instinct. "But how are you here? You…died." He managed to gasp out as her gentle scent reached his nose.

Kagome smiled, seeming not to hear a word that he said.

"Inuyasha, aisheteru."

The words, the words that he had heard her whisper when she died brought Inuyasha out of his frozen state. He tightened his grip around her waist.

"Aisheteru, Kagome." He breathed into her silky hair, inhaling her scent deeply.

"I know."

Inuyasha noticed a slight change in her scent, but his mind didn't register it.

"So join me, Inuyasha."

Inuyasha only nodded, closing his eyes. He was so wrapped up in the fact that she was alive. HIS Kagome….was alive.

"In hell."

Inuyasha's eyes snapped open at the sudden change of Kagome's voice. He tried to step away from Kagome's body, but her arms held him tight - almost painfully. Inuyasha was able to lean back a little bit to get a look at her face.

"Kikyou."

The girl he held was no longer dressed in the uniform of a modern day school girl. Instead she was wearing the outfit of a miko. She smiled coldly at him.

"Inuyasha I never should have let you go so easily. You even managed to mess up a chance of living a happy life with reincarnation. You let her die by the same bastard that killed me. Bastard."

A knife materialized in Kikyou's hand.

"Worthless hanyou." Kikyou's voice no longer sounded like her own. Instead was a strange voice. A voice that mingled with the voice of Kagome. "You can't even protect those that you love. Die."

DIE! The strange voice shouted in his mind.

"No." Inuyasha said, trying to pull away from the creature that was becoming a mixture of Kagome and Kikyou.

"No!"

*~*~*

"NO!"

Inuyasha jerked awake from the horrifying dream, his entire body drenched with sweat. He looked at his surrounding. He was above the ground. He sat in Goshinboku, on his normal branch. Inuyasha turned his gaze towards the village, as the last traces of the nightmare lingered in his mind. By now Miroku would have told Kaede, who in turn must have relayed the information of Kagome's death to the entire village. Again, they would blame him for the death of the keeper of the Shikon no Tama. Again, his guilt would continue to eat away at him. Again.

~~~~

Miroku sat against one of the walls to Kaede's hut, his eyes fixed on a sleeping Sango. She still hadn't woken from the `blow' that he had dealt her. Miroku could still feel the guilt coursing through his body, but if hadn't had done something Sango most likely would have killed Inuyasha in her moment of grief. Miroku leaned back and closed his eyes, the incident flashing through his mind.

>flashback<

"Ka-Kagome, sh-she's dead."

Sango turned and glared at Inuyasha, hot tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Bastard! This is all your fault! Because….because…."

She lunged at Inuyasha and started beating him, her hands balled into fists.

Shippou took a scared step backward, shocked at Sango's reaction and Inuyasha's lack of reaction. The hanyou just stood there, taking the beating.

Miroku quickly moved forward and gripped Sango's arms, pulling her away from Inuyasha. She struggled violently in his grip. Miroku knew that if he released her she would attack Inuyasha again. She seemed intent on killing the hanyou. Miroku did the only thing he could think of.

~~~~

~I'll kill him! I'll kill the bastard!~ Sango screamed mentally, rage flowing through her. She desperately struggled to get out of Miroku's grip. Suddenly, she felt a pressure somewhere near the base of her neck and blackness engulfed her.

~~~~

Miroku felt Sango go limp in his arms after touching the pressure point near her neck. Her gathered her up in his arms and faced Inuyasha.

"Kaede - sama needs to be told about this." He said grimly.

Inuyasha just nodded dully and followed Miroku back to the village, with a dazed Shippou in tow.

>end of flashback<

Miroku sighed. He would have to find out from Inuyasha just exactly how Kagome had died. The ominous wind must have signified Kagome's death, of that Miroku was sure of. However, somewhere deep in his mind, Miroku knew that her death hadn't been completely normal. ~When Kagome - sama returned to her time she had the Shikon no Tama on her. Could have some youkai killed her?~ He stole another look at Sango. She didn't look like she was going to gain consciousness any time soon. Miroku wasn't particularly worried about Sango's emotional state at the moment. He was more worried about her trying to kill Inuyasha again. The hanyou had been very fortunate that the girl wasn't thinking straight when she attacked him. If she had reached for her weapon….

Miroku shook his head. For the moment he could leave her alone and at least have Kaede keep an eye on her. Right now he needed to find Inuyasha to consult the hanyou on what had happened. He also needed to find Shippou. The kitsune had left sometime ago. If any needed comfort at the moment it was Shippou. Sango and Inuyasha would pull through. Although it would probably take Inuyasha more time to pull himself together because of his deep feelings, although he would never had admitted it, for Kagome he would still be all right. Sango would probably deal with Kagome's death the same way she had dealt with the destruction of her village. Shippou, however, was just a little kid. He had lost his family to the Thunder Brothers, and the kitsune needed comfort. Kagome had been like a mother to him. Out of all of them Miroku feared that the kid would have the hardest time dealing with the Kagome's death.

Miroku stood up, grabbing his staff. It was probably more important to find the kitsune cub than consult Inuyasha at the moment, but he had a feeling that Inuyasha's keen sense of smell would be needed. The bad feeling that was in the pit of his stomach, still remained. The houshi knew that there was definitely more to this tragedy than meets the eye.

~~~~

A small bundle of fur, more commonly known as Shippou sat on a hill, the wind ruffling his fur and hair. He could still feel the tears slide down his face. ~Usuo, Kagome can't be dead. She just can't!~

"Mama." Shippou whispered as his thoughts strayed from denial to his mother. Although the little cub would never admit it to anyone, he was shocked that his thoughts were dwelling on his family. It had been a long time since he had even thought of his kitsune family.

Ever since Shippou had joined Kagome and Inuyasha he had rarely thought of his dead family.

"Mama, Papa, Hitomi."

True tears of sadness; tear that Shippou rarely shed, continued to flow down his cheeks. They coursed down his cheeks, burning his skin. Images of the mama and sister he had never know flashed through his head. Images of learning the trade of kitsune with his father, and images of fighting with a certain inuyoukai - who would always get osuwaried by a certain girl from the future continued to flash through his head at a dizzying speed. The tears started to fall faster.

"Kagome - mama."

A/N: Okay, I felt like being reaally evil tonight. (Okay so for me it wasn't really evil.) Gomen mina. Okay, so this chapter isn't as long as I thought it was going to be, and the chapter was reeeaalllyyy short. Okay….next chapter…………..not really sure on what to put. Hmmmm…….I guess Inu-chan will have more nightmares (he'll have them until…oh wait I can't tell you!) Sango will try to kill Inuyasha…again! Miroku talks to Inu-chan (& Sango - little M/S ^^)…..The village will find out. No, they don't know yet……yeah, basically that's how it will go Ch. 4 will be the funeral and Ch. 5 is how she died. (As I said before) I can't wait to post Ch. 5! I wanna know what ya think of it. It's already written. *evil laugh* This short chapter was dedicated to Cherokey!!! (also to calm her down a bit!!! ^^;) Now about Shippou: I know his mama (when did I start writing mama so much? ^^?) was alive when he was growin' up but this is my fic so naaahhh!!! *sticks out tongue* Also the whole `Kagome - mama' is a last minute idea. I thought it was cute. I kinda sorta got the idea from the Sailor Moon graphic novels. (I don't know if that's how it's written in the manga but Chibiusa call Usagi's mom Ikuko-mama.) I also figured it would express how much Shippou loved Kagome as a mother. ……..!!!!! Agh! I should go before I give anything away! ….I really got to stop writing such long A/N. Ja ne!

A/N: …….Okay, I was thinking over this story this morning and I think this chapter sux. Do you agree? Tell me what you think in the reviews. Ja!