InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Side of the Sun ❯ Intermission 10 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sesshomaru gazed at the small army his brother had brought with him and immediately felt humbled. To most others, it would not be seen as an army, but the demon prince knew better. No less than fifteen inuyoukai warriors were there, two of which were among the elite, and there were at least half a dozen members of the wolf tribes. All of the fighters assembled were the best their respective clans had to offer, their skills possibly bordering on legendary. In seeing so many brave and skilled warriors, Sesshomaru could not believe his brother thought he was worth all of this, and he knew he would be in Inuyasha's debt for quite some time. Tents were pitched, and all were preparing for something.
 
His gaze swept across the camp until he found his brother standing outside one of the larger tents. NatsuMaru was at Inuyasha's side, holding the half-demon's sword while Inuyasha spoke with a dark-haired male wolf demon. Sesshomaru recognized the male as Kouga, the youngest son of Kaito, the leader of the Northern wolf tribes.
 
“He draws humans and demons alike to him. There is just something about him that is so charismatic,” his father observed in a soft tone. Sesshomaru could only nod his agreement, still stunned by what he was seeing. Then his father called out, “NatsuMaru! What is the word from the Lord of the Western Lands?”
 
The inuyoukai warrior raised his head and turned to face them. His expression was grim.
 
“The outsiders are not to be harmed. Subdued but not harmed. The Lady Izayoi, however, is to be shown no mercy. She has declared war upon the Western Lands.”