InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Date ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N~ ^.^ My first story, i'm pretty proud of it, and i've never seen one like it. Hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer~I dont own Inuyasha or any of its characters, I only own Zane.


Kagome walked home slowly, hoping her friends would catch up. They were in a different class this year, since Kagome's travels held her back slightly . She didn't want to stand around waiting, she would be all alone. Inuyasha wasn't supposed to come get her until tomorrow night, so she wanted to get some quality time with her old friends. They didn't hold her intrest as they once did, all that gossip just wasn't what she was used to anymore, but it was definitely a welcome distraction to all her problems. Shattering the Shikon No Tama had put stress on her, not to mention being pulled 500 years in the past to hunt for the shards with a hanyou, a taijya, a monk, and 2 youkai.

"Kagome, Kagome!" Eri, Yuka, and Ayumi yelled in unison. They ran up and surrounded Kagome when she stopped. "Oh, Kagome! It's been so long!" Eri complained. "How have you been? How's your jealous boyfriend? Are you still with him? Is he still two-timing you?" Kagome rolled her eyes and they started walking together. They all knew their destination, it was where they always went, well, used to always go: WacDonalds. "Hojo would never do that Kagome. Maybe he should come with us today? OH! There's a new guy in our class Kagome. You HAVE to meet him. He's so hot, and talkitive...and he doesn't get funny gifts. Hojo may be sweet and cute, but OH THOSE GIFTS!" All the girls burst in laughter. Eri was so outgoing, it was sweet how she cared for Kagome, but sometimes, it simply embrassed her! Kagome's face was as red as a tomato. "We should invite Zane.He's so awesome. He's the new guy I was telling you about."

"Zane? Where's he from?" Kagome asked, a thoughtful look on her face. Zane was not a common name in Japan.

"Oh, he's an exchange student from America, I think he said he came from Arkansas, hmm, yea, thats it." Yuka said. "He's got dirty blonde hair. He speaks good japanese. I think he told me he's studying to be a diplomat, or something like that. Anyways, he has the most gorgeous light blue eyes. It's amazing." Yuka smiled and all the girls had a dreamy look on their face. Kagome almost laughed. They did that over every exotic looking guy. Look at how they reacted to Inuyasha, they all talked about him for weeks after they saw his white hair and his golden eyes. She couldn't really blame them. Inuyasha was very entrancing.

"ZANE!" Eri yelled, scaring Kagome out of her thought. "There he is, Kagome. Maybe he'll help you get over that two-timing, over-protective jerk." She whispered. Zane walked up and smiled. He had a dazzling smile. He was all they said, and more. "Zane, this is Kagome. Kagome, this is Zane" Eri said smiling and pushing them together subtly. "Come with us to eat, please." Zane nodded, staring at Kagome. To his americanized views, all the asian women were beautiful, but there was something about this one, this Kagome. It seemed as if she held a secret, sparkling there beneath her blue-grey eyes. She acted timid, but he knew there was something else there.

"Hi." Kagome recovered. 'Wow. He is gorgous, kinda like Sesshoumaru, but less defined and more charming.' "So, how do you like Japan?"

"Well, its different, but I love it. Plus here, I don't have my parents breathing down my back." He laughed lightly. " I haven't seen you around."

"I've been sick. I have to go for treatments alot in other towns." For once, her Grandfather had done something good. He told the school she had depression and had to be watched by a therapist almost always, she also has to go away to treatment facilities often. He doesn't have to call the school when shes out, she just has to bring a note from home telling where shes been. Lucky her, the schools not too concerned.

"Ah, well, I hope your feeling okay." Zane said, sympathetically.

"Kagome's depressed. She's a manic depressive." Eri said. "It's okay though. She seems better now." 'Good ole Eri, always trying to help.' Kagome thought with a sigh, her face once again bright red. "I bet her boyfriend made her that way..."

"ERI!" Kagome screeched. "He is NOT my boyfriend!" Eri gave her a side glance and frowned.

"Hmm, that's not good." Zane smirked. 'Now I really wanna know her secret, this girl is anything but depressed. I wonder who her not boyfriend is...'. "Maybe I can help, my sister was a manic depressive. We should hang out sometime, just us..." His voice drifted off and was replaced with a knowing smile.
"Sure, I dont know when though...with all my treatments.." Kagome sweat dropped. 'Inuyasha will not be happy about this at all...at least its not Hojo though.'

"Tomorrow night? About Nine? It's Friday, so I hope it won't be too late. I have a class at the college until eight-thirty, so I'll just have time to swing by and get you." Zane smirked. 'The clinics are closed and most hospitals won't admit people on Fridays, she can't say no.'

"Uhh, I don't know." Kagome faltered. 'He somehow found the one fault in our plan!' Her mother and grandfather had researched it throughly so that she wouldn't mess it up. 'Grr...' "Maybe I should stay home and rest."

"Nonsense, Kagome, you know as well as I, recovering from depression is not easy, you need to be with friends and people who will support you." Zane held out his hand. "Surely, you know I'm a friend." She took his hand hesitantly and he brought it to his mouth and kissed it. Eri, Yuka, and Ayumi squealed and nearly swooned. Zane and Kagome looked up at the three girls. Kagome beet red and Zane with a small smile.

"Uhh, okay Zane, nine it is." Kagome relented, knowing she was beat.

"I'll go with you to eat then walk you home so I'll know where to pick you up at." He grasped her hand and walked with her and her friends,.still on the verge of swooning, towards WacDonalds.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After they ate, and walked to Kagome's house, after much embrassment on her part, Zane went his own way and the girls followed Kagome up to her room. Once the door was safely closed, the girls squealed once again and plopped down on Kagome's bed.

"He is such a gentleman!" Gushed Ayumi.

"I can't believe he asked your mother if it was okay for him to take you out!" Yuka squeaked.

"How romantic!" Eri finished off.

Kagome sat down in her chair and leaned her head back. She blew air out the side of her mouth making her bangs fluff a little. She began to rub her temples hoping it would soothe her. 'And to think, I WANTED TO SEE THEM! How crazy must I be?? God, Inuyasha's going to kill me..I have to go back with him after school tomorrow and then leave again, that same night, to go...on..a...date...' Kagome sat up suddenly, the biggest smile ever on his face. "OH MY GOSH! I have a date!" She squealed along with her friends and it started another round of how gorgeous and sweet and perfect Zane is. 'He is really cute, and nice, it'll be fun. A lot better than Hojo that's for sure. He's just so bland...'

Finally after 30 minutes of squeals, planning what to wear, and how Kagome should fix her hair, her friends decided it was getting late and packed up to head home. It was already eight and Kagome had a test tomorrow in math. Opening her book, she told her friends goodbye and began the tedious task of studying something she would never understand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wench, wake up!" Inuyasha was sitting on Kagome's windowsill, trying to get her attention. "We got a shard rumor! I can't have you back here in your comfy room while we go out and try to dig the shard out of a Kodama. I don't even know where to look on it!"

Kagome sat up and rubbed her face. She had slept on her book, again. The indentations from the pages were sore. "What? Kodama? Where?" Kagome rubbed her eyes and tried to focus.

"Yea, a kodama, about a days walk from the village. Miroku and Sango are packing up. Supposedly its terrorizing the forrest surrounding a village, they can't go out to hunt without fearing for their lives."

"Aren't kodama usually good though?" Kagome asked through her sleep muddled mind.

"Duh, but this one has a shard. It can't handle it. Now come on wench." Inuyasha stepped off the windowsill and began to pull at Kagome's arm. "Let's go."

"Inuyasha, I have a date tonight! I'm not going! You can go kill it and find the shard on your own. You're a big boy." Kagome sat up straight, preparing for a fight.

"No, you were supposed to come back after school anyways, you don't have time for a date."

"Inuyasha, SIT! I'm going and thats final. I'll be back tonight." She stood up and began to gather her things for the day. 'Hmm, Inuyasha has good timing. I would have been late to school otherwise. Too bad he's such a jerk sometimes. I wonder if hes going to say anything about my date....'

"Going out with Homo again?" He was slowly prying himself up off the floor.

"...No..." Kagome smirked. 'He's so silly.' Inuyasha walked up to her and sniffed at her hand, then her neck and hair.'I'll never get used to this.'

"You're not going. I don't know him. What if hes just after the jewel?" Inuyasha stepped back from her and crossed his arms in his sleeves. He put on his best stern look. "It smells bad. I don't like it."

"Inuyasha," Kagome said with a sigh. "Not everyone wants the jewel, especially here...most people don't even think it exists." Kagome tried her best not to roll her eyes, but failed miserably. She took a deep breath to calm down. "I am going to school, and I am going on my date. You can get the shard. It should be easier without me, I'm such a weak human." She managed to keep the tears from flowing and the hurt out of her voice. "You just have to deal. I'll see you tonight." She walked out her door and slammed it in his face. She went to the bathroom to get ready for school. She would take a bath tonight, before her date, so she just brushed her teeth and combed her hair. As she was changing clothes for the day, the door burst open, and in walked an angry inu-hanyou.

"Kagome! It's not over..." Inuyasha's face turned bright red and he began stammering. Quickly he turned around and shut the door. He leaned against it and slid to the floor in obvious humiliation.

"INUYASHA, SIT!"

"Dammit bitch, I didn't know you weren't dressed!" He screamed. Mama Higurashi chose that moment to walk out of her bedroom and down the hall. She took a deep breath.

"Good morning, Inuyasha."She calmly smiled. "It's polite to knock when a doors closed. Like this." She showed him how to knock as he climed up from the floor. When he could, he started knocking on the door like Mrs. Higurashi had shown him. It got harder and harder, until Kagome opened the door and Inuyasha fell into the bathroom. Kagome sighed and smiled at her mother.

"Thanks for showing him how to knock Mama, now I have to get to school. I'll see you tonight Inuyasha, NOT BEFORE.SIT" Kagome waved and bounded down the stairs and out the door.

"Inuyahsa, maybe if you were a little more considerate...." Mrs. Higurashi still hadn't gotten used to the fact that her daughter could slam such a powerful being into such a useless, prone form. She actually still hadn't gotten used to the fact that her daughter traveled 500 years back in time, but according to grandpa, it had been foretold. She never cared to listen to the folktales until her baby girl became part of them. Sometimes she felt as if it were all a dream and she would wake up one morning and noone would have heard of Inuyahsa, or Kikyou, or Shippo. She knew it would not happen though. In a way, she didn't want it to happen, her baby found love, even if she didn't realize it yet. She could never take that away. "Inuyasha, I've met the boy she's going on a date with, and he's perfectly acceptable. He has wonderful manners and is a gentleman. You have no need to worry. He's definitely not you though..." She let her voice slowly fade away and her words sink in as she walked down to the kitchen.

"Keh!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~