InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The DollHouse ❯ Chapter One: Findings ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Findings
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
 
The car pulled up a long swerve like driveway up to a huge brick house. The bricks were a dark red-ish black and the roof was black. Each window had an ugly green shutter to match it. A gate blocked their path to the turn around where an ugly dirty fountain, which wasn't on was displayed. It seemed to be of a girl holding a bow, but it was grimy and broken and could easily been something else.
 
Once permission to pass the gate was given the car pulled up to the huge stairs leading up to a white door. Kagome could see the moving truck pull up behind their car and four muscular men hauled out of it and started to unload to over packed truck. Her attention was brought back when she heard the creak of the door, and she carelessly turned to come face to face with a chest.
 
It was a old man; he had white hair and challenging blue eyes. The man took a bow, and Kagome looked over his tux and guessed he was the butler. The old man had a huge nose, and come felt as if it would poke her eye out any second. He shook hands with her brother and mother and came to her pointing his nose in her face, she quickly shook his hand.
 
“Ah, you must be the master's family. I'll tell him you here. Please make your self comfortable.”
 
He bowed again and took off. Kagome stepped into his huge hall; it was huge but blank just one straight hall down leading to tons of doors, and a space big enough for a small TV and a few couches and chairs to fit. It had ugly tiled floor, and a red wood wall. Kagome wiped off a chair, as dust flew then sat down.
 
“He's ready to see you now, Mistress Ichori.”
 
The butler bent down and bowed to Kagome's mother and started down a hall. Kagome's mother following in behind. Kagome and Souta ran up to catch up with the fast paced butler and their mother. Panting as they reached a hard oak door, the butler bowed once again and opened the door for them.
 
“Please go In” He said with a forced smile.
 
Kagome guessed it was the study or library. It had a fireplace and by it was a rug and two comfy chairs, the room had only a few lights leaving it lightly dimmed. All on the walls were bookshelves filled with books, fat books skinny books, children and adult, humor and horror, adventure and romance. Anything you name it and it was there.
 
Their father was sitting in one of those chairs as her mother claimed the other she was offered a seat on the floor, Souta took the offer but she decided to stand instead.
 
“Jevves get us some tea please?” The butler bowed and made his way out of the room.
 
Kagome's father started to explain that he had a very rare disease that was slowly eating him inside out, he only had about two years left. He wanted to spend the time with his kids before he had to go. He was sorry about leaving them but he had it then and it just freaked him out. Kagome gave a snort. Like she cared, he never did about her why did now matter?
 
He smiled repeating the crock of bullshit he had been trying to promote the whole hour session. “I didn't spend enough time with you kids then, but now I have time so we can spend it now.”
 
This was too much, he didn't care he just did it now, to piss her off only to ruin her life more, it just wasn't fair. She gave a short bitter laugh and pushed her self off a little from the shelf she was leaning on.
 
“I left my good life behind, to spend time with you? I'm not going to spend time with you, I'm sorry but I've had a very busy schedule and I can't seem to fit time with you in it. You had 10 years. You lost your time.”
 
“Kagome!” Her mother yelled in raged at her daughter's disrespect of her elders, her parents none the less!
 
“You always take his side, Mom! No matter what it's always him!”
 
“Kagome, I swear…!”
 
“Bah I don't have to take this I'm going to find my room.” Kagome stated as she walked out the door.
 
“Kagome! Young Lady You …” The door slammed shut. “…right there..?”
 
“It's alright dear let her go I understand her.”
 
x-x-x-x-x-x-x
 
She didn't know how long she had been wondering around the house. She had found the primary rooms, like the kitchen, living room, entertainment room, dinning room and the master sweep. She found tons of rooms that looked the same for except for one thing. The color.
 
They would all have white walls with a border. A little closet with a strip across the doors. White pillows and sheets, with a comforter. They had a white desk and chair set, with a line of color going though it. A color carpet and each came with a bathroom done in white. These were quickly little rooms. She would have to pick one. `God It's like a crayola factory in here.' She thought.
 
After many more doors, she found one that was stairs. Slowly she climbed up them and found it was an attic, with heaps of garbage everywhere. It was little dark and dank. There was one little path, Kagome followed it all the way to the back where there was a doll house. The outside appeared to be the mansion she was standing in now. She went to go open it up but it was locked. She looked around for the key but couldn't find it. Sighing she started to look in the windows.
 
After trying most of them she still couldn't see a thing. Till she tried the attic one, she could see a sliver mop of something. Still more than she seen in the other windows. She blinked and looked back and couldn't see the sliver something any more. She leaned in closer her hands inching up, so her body could too. She kept going up till she found her hand make impact with something.
 
She looked down at her hand to see there was a piece of paper stuck under the doll house. Gentle and slow she pulled it out. She went to go read it but she could hear her brother calling for her. She suddenly felt guilty, as though she was caught red handed stealing. She folded the paper and stuffed it into her bra. She hopped over the piles of garbage and ran down the steps trying to make as less noise as possible.
 
She sidestepped to the right and open the door. She peaked inside to see a baby blue generic room. She did a little happy dance as she walked inside and shoved the letter into one of her desk drawers.
 
“Kagome, you find a room yet?”
 
Kagome turned to see her brother in the door way. Kagome gave a nod.
 
“Yep, this one.”
 
“Oh, you just like making it hard for the moving guys don't you?”
 
Kagome giggled and gave a short nod. `He won't be suspicious if I agree.'
 
“You'll be late for dinner with Mom and Dad.”
 
“Mr. H. Mom and Mr. H, Souta”
 
He rolled his eyes. “Whatever you just better get down there soon. We can tell the movers to hike your stuff up here.”
 
x-x-x-x-x
 
When she came back from dinner she found all her stuff packed neatly into her room. It was late so she was just going to read the letter and go to bed, but a soft knock emitted from her door. She froze trying to see if she ignored it the person would just go away. It was her mom mostly coming to `talk' about her behavior this afternoon.
 
“Honey, Can I come in? I know you're not asleep.”
 
Kagome sighed and opened her door. A `What?-This-better-not-take-long' look on her face. Her mother's pleasant smile worried Kagome. That meant she needed Kagome to do something, and her mother would bug her about it till it was done.
 
“Could you please un-pack your stuff now? I think I mislabeled some of the boxes and I want some things for the kitchen.”
 
Kagome mom gave a smile before walking down the hall leaving Kagome to her task. Kagome mocked her mother's smile and pulled a box up. Opening it she found clothes. Hanging up what needed to be and shoving the rest in drawers. That went quickly. Next were sheets which she threw in her closet. The next few boxes were little odds and ends for her room, and the last one was bathroom supplies. Her mother didn't mislabel anything of hers anyway.
 
Sighing, she sat on her bed and turned to the clock that was set in her room already. “1:40AM!!”
 
She flopped down. Eyes shifting to the letter. Ugh. I'm so tired, it'll have to wait. She stood up and walked into the bath room. Showered, and dressed herself into a nightgown, it came down to her ankles. It was partly see though although there was a baby blue coloring to it. Underneath she was wearing a black bra & underwear set. She crawled under the covers lying down. She gazed at the drawer that hid the letter once more before falling into a deep sleep.
 
x-x-x-x
 
Kagome woke up late the next morning, and rushed and put on a pair of black jeans. They hugged Kagome's ass and legs, but went baggy at her knees. It had chains and belts randomly all around it. She put on a neon green strapless bra and threw a fist net shirt on over it. She put on white knee highs, and threw on her army belt boots.
 
After she was dressed she pounded down the steps, to breakfast. Which most the family was already done. After shoving down her food, her mother surprised her with family hour with her family. This took hours; it was one o'clock by time the family `hour' over. Yeah right it was more of 5 hours.
 
She skipped lunch and ran to her room. She locked the door, no more interruptions. It was driving her crazy she wanted to find out what was in the letter and now was her chance. She walked over to the drawer pulled it open and picked out the letter. Kicking the door shut, she began to unfold the letter. She opened it to read the fancy letter. She dropped the letter wide eyes and took a few steps back.
 
Kagome,
Go up to the Attic.
 
She picked it up again she should at least check to see if she was right and it did say Kagome, not Sagome or Gagome….
 
Kagome,
Go up to the Attic. We need your help. It's your destiny. We know you're curious, you want to go. Just go Kagome. Up to the attic. Take this key; you should know what to do with it. It's your Kagome. Yours….
 
Kagome's eyes grew wider as a key fell out of the last fold. How did they know so much about her? And who are they? Could it be her father playing a trick on her? But then what's with the `We need you help, It's your destiny'? Could that be part of the trick? She was so confused. But she knew what she wanted. She folded the letter into a little square and stuck it in her bra.
 
Her army boots banging against the floor. She reached the door, fumbling with the lock; she opened the door and looked both ways before she stepped out into the hallway. She rushed to the attic door, pounding her way up the steps, jumping over small pile of stuff that ways lying around, till she made it to the back. There it was the doll house.
 
`WAIT!' The reason part of her mind screamed. `Just think about it' Kagome heeded its words. `On one hand I have staying here, with Mr. H, with nothing to do and curiosity killing me but on the other hand I have an adventure waiting for me, even if I just open the doll house and play with the dolls, one of these day's I'll invest it.' She pause a moment. “I'll take the unknown beyond for 1,000” She said in an evil echo-y whisper.
 
Though she still didn't notice the doll house had began to give off a golden glow.
 
She walked up key in hand. Slowly extending such hand and putting the key into the hole. She turned the key making a little click sound and….
 
x-x-x-x
*evil laugh* I didn't get a lot of reviews for the prologue so cliffy!