InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The DollHouse ❯ Chapter 10 Near But Far ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello peoples, Sorry for the long update. Instead of writing, like I should have been. I was decorating my binder with various Inu-Yasha screen caps & pictures. Sorry! Anyways, I would like to thank my two new reviewers; I don't know my name…? And Taru-to-Chan (who I know in real life! HI TARU!) Also if anyone cares, I will have a 3 or 4 part one-shots with lemony goodness, coming up shortly, so be on the look out!
 
Kat: You know you just keep cutting me out of theses things.
 
I know.
 
Kat: And…?
 
::looks clueless:: What?
 
Kat: ::Cracks muse whip:: And?
 
I'm sorry!!!
 
--------
Chapter 10
 
Near but Far
--------
 
Inu-Yasha still in his kneeled over position he pounded down on the ground, he wished he could be sucked up into it. No. No, he didn't want that, but he wanted some form of punishment. How could he lose Kagome in a mere 3 days? First he lets her die, and then he like an ass lets her follow him! They were after her, she should have been guarded. He growled at him self, his claws crushing into his soften palms causing blood to trickle down. It was small punishment it would do… for now.
 
He was aware of Kat who was hiding in the bushes, still she couldn't tell he wanted his blood to spill. She would sum it anger and hurt and leave it at that. But if anyone knew his true desires…… He wondered what they would do. Who would be able to stop him? They all had battle wounds little ones cuts scratches some of the major, but still who would? Kouga and Kat? They would tire out easily. No one would…could stop us his full demon voice echoed in his head. Wouldn't it be fun?
 
Inu-Yasha stood up, he could feel Kat's eyes on him. Watching for any sign of bodily harm, he could feel her eyes go down to his hands which were soaked in his blood and left a small trail as he walked away. Kat watched him go, then got up and stealthily followed him back to camp. If she only would have looked back, she would have seen two red pools glistening in the sun.
 
---x---
 
When they got to camp, Inu-Yasha and Kouga smelled around to catch Dawn's scent. Kat explained what happened, most of them stayed quiet, and quickly went off to prepare something which was just something to preoccupy them from staring at Inu-Yasha's read hands.
 
Inu-Yasha had released his hands from there torture to stoop down and try to get a scent but it had disappeared. He sighed, “We need to get away from here.” Inu-Yasha said suddenly. “They smelled like decay and death and we are in the mist of it. We should go head on our way. A long way from here, so we might pick up on her.”
 
Kouga nodded and went off to rally to troops leaving Inu-Yasha alone. Inu-Yasha desperately wanted to push his claws back in his half healed hands, but he refrained himself. They would suspect then I would have a lot to explain, Yura would push. He sighed, and picked himself of the floor walking to the group that had assembled them selves, Kagome's yellow bag stood in front of him.
 
He looked up at them, “Where did you get this?” He said though gritted teeth. Shippo who had become quite brave; for after Inu-Yasha had sent Kagome away he had the same problems, the same crimson hands, decided to speak up.
 
“She hid it in the bushes before she went after you. Told me to stay and hide, watch it for her.” His tone was like Sesshomaru's, he had instantly gone back into dead mode. Nothing mattered to him, and put all his hatred into Inu-Yasha. It was the only thing he could do or he might be like Inu-Yasha, but it hurt the rest of the group to see the joyous happy little boy turn back into the mean cold hearted one he had to become.
 
Inu-Yasha went and swooped up the bag, and Shippo took a wet cloth from Yura. She had been playing first aid-er until Kagome returned. Shippo went up on Inu-Yasha shoulder and put the wet cloth out, “Clean your hands.” Shippo said, acting as parent though it should be the other way around.
 
Inu-Yasha shook his head, “Don't want to.” He said anger still in his voice, this wasn't good he wasn't trying. “Come on, don't fight Inu-Yasha.” Inu-Yasha snapped his head to the side where Shippo remained clam. Kouga and Kat ready to pounce if he tried to hit Shippo.
 
“WHY! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PESTER ME ALL THE TIME. CAN'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE! I MEAN SHIT EVERY FUCKING DAY YOU… YOU AGGERVATE ME! I MEAN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO! LAST TIME YOU ALWAYS PESTERED ME ABOUT SHIT LIKE THAT!” Inu-Yasha yelled, clearly tell every one his short fuse had gotten much shorter.
 
Shippo had tears in his eyes, Inu-Yasha's angry face softened but so little no one noticed. “YOU WANNA KNOW WHY? BECAUSE I FUCKING CARE! C-A-R-E! CARE! YOU KNOW KAGOME'S NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT CARES ABOUT YOU! YOU ARE MY FUCKING FATHER FIGURE ASS! ALL I WANT IS SOME FUCKING ATTETION TO TELL ME YOU CARED ABOUT ME TOO BUT YOU'RE SO DAMN HEARTLESS!” Shippo screamed back. Everyone astonished, Shippo had gotten mad at Inu-Yasha before but never used curse words, it was Kagome's rule. That must have really hurt Shippo.
 
Shippo bounced off of Inu-Yasha's shoulder leaving the cloth, Inu-Yasha's face softened quickly. “Shippo!” Inu-Yasha called, but Yura quickly stepped up to him and turned his shoulder quickly becoming his only friend, pushing him on to walk ahead. She just shook her head. Inu-Yasha sighed and slumped forward, he could here Shippo's soft cries. He hadn't seen Shippo cry for a long time. One word flashed though his mind at the moment. `Pup hurt. Help'
 
Inu-Yasha sighed, his demon instincts were telling him to go to Shippo to comfort him, but his human side was telling him `No. Don't go they will clobber you.' He listened to the human side, his first time in a while. It had been silent since the spell happened. The spell was slowly driving him insane, and after each night he became more and more full demon-like instead of a Hanyou.
 
Slowly he grabbed the cloth on his shoulder, and wiped his hands off.
 
---x---
 
They had been on the trail of Dawn's scent for four days and they still couldn't catch up or give any direction that they were going the right way. Inu-Yasha punched straight though a tree, it cracked and broke down. Yura was the only one that would talk to him, and he still didn't know why. He shook his head, and turned his attention behind him, he had heard his name.
 
“Why do you still stand by him.”
 
“Because, no one else will.”
 
He heard her foot steps coming up behind him, she walked by him arms folded a scowl on her face. “Why.” Was the one simple word he said, she could answer or not it didn't matter to him. He just hoped he didn't piss Yura off, she was his only companion and was keeping his sanity in check.
 
“I wanted some one when I was like that. I wanted to kill myself, and my whole village looked on past me. I was regarded to as a whore, who was desperate enough to… let my father do those things to me. I wanted a friend, and I intent to help you. You can't kill your self, you have some one that cares out there. I know it and you know it.” She had looked away from him, but he knew she was trying to be comforting. It was hard for her to talk about the things her father did. He was surprised she talked about it at all.
 
He nodded, to her last sentence. He did know it, Kagome was out there alive and it was his job to go and get her. To bring her back to him, he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and she laid her head on him. It was a hug that would be shared between a big brother comforting his little sister, rather then lovers. Tears had begun to run down her eyes. “I'm sorry.” He whispered to her, she nodded and waved it off but the tears still rolled down her pale cheeks.
 
Shippo who had been sitting on Sango's shoulder hopped up on to Inu-Yasha's and though he sat there, with an angry face and his arms crossed it still told Inu-Yasha he forgave him. The others were reluctant to do so, but they watched as Inu-Yasha raised and hand hesitantly and ruffled Shippo's hair.
 
---x---
 
“Where am I?” Kagome sat up she was in a dark room, she couldn't remember anything but her name. She stood up and went to walk around but she felt something pull her back, she looked though the dark her eyes adjusting seeing a chain had contained her. “HELLO!” She shouted, she heard a door or something creak.
 
“Kagome?” a male's hesitant voice called out, she might not know him but if he knew her then that was good right? “Over here!” she called back, a light came her way. Then the light grew bigger, and a man stood there holding something where the light was coming out.
 
He had black hair that was cut short, right under his ear. He wore a black uniform, which was a school uniform. His blue eyes held worry and concern. “Kagome!” He pulled her into a hug. “Are you okay?” She nodded and then began. “ Who…Who are you?”
 
The boy was wide eyed, “Don't you remember?” Kagome shook her head no. “Hmm. Maybe if I tell you what had happened you'll remember.” Kagome look doubt full but it was worth a chance. He took a long iron pick and bent down to her chains. “You see me and you are going out, and we were walking home when this strange man with golden eyes, and sliver hair stole you. The police have been looking for you, and have sent search parties everywhere. I just had a feeling though that you were here.”
 
Kagome closed her eyes as her rambled on, trying to get a metal picture.
 
---x---
 
“Kagome!” She turned around, they were at her school. A boy with short hair, and blue eyes ran up to her. He bowed slightly, “May I walk you home?” Kagome giggled, “Of course love.” Looping her arm with his, they walked down the path to the mansion that she lived at. They were chatting idly on about school work and friends, making plans for a date or about the dance and other things couple's talked about.
 
They heard a sudden horrible screech, as though one was being whipped coming behind them. Stopping and turning they saw a car whose wheels were smoking rush down the street, and stopped by them. The boy's eyes went wide when three men came out of the car quickly looking deformed. “Run!” He shouted and she took off looking behind her to see the boy being beaten.
 
Her eyes went wide, “KENIJA” she screamed bringing attention to herself now. She had stopped, and started to run back to him. “RUN!” he screamed at her, and though betraying her instincts she turned on her heel and ran to run into something hard. She waited for impact but felt none and looked up.
 
A man with strange white hair, dog ears and golden eyes had grabbed her. He gave a smirk, and began to squeeze her arms harder and harder. She let a painful scream elapse, as she said in a hushed whisper “A screamer? We'll have fun with you.”
 
“Inu-Yasha! Come on.” The man with white hair, looked up to a man with dark brown hair pulled up into a pony tail, blue eyes piercing, “Let's go!” He yelled again. “Hold on Kouga!” Inu-Yasha said, dragging her past a beaten and bloody Kenija. He pushed her in the car and then jumped in too. “Hit it Miroku!”
 
---x---
 
She opened her eyes, tears were falling. The boy was still bent over, “Kenija?” she asked. She heard a click, and the painful weight on her leg was token off. He came up to face her, “Yes.” She lunged her self at him crying, “Oh! Did I hurt you? You had all those bruises and cuts.” she said quickly looking over him.
 
He looked down, “I'm fine they all healed, you've been gone for two months.” Kagome's eyes widened. “That long?” He nodded, “Come on, let's get out of here.” Kagome nodded and took his hand his flashlight lightens their way.
 
---x---
 
There you go another cliffy! Muwhahahahahahahahahahahaaa.
 
Kat: You are evil
 
I learned from the best.