InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Final Battle ❯ Aboard the Platform ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer - No! I do not own Inu-Yasha or Harry Potter, or anything else, really. Well, this idea is mine. (...I think...)



And on with this story!

RECAP: Raking his fingers through his hair self-consciously, he obliviously revealed to her the world-famous mark of lightening upon his forehead. Seeing this, Kagome elicited a shocked gasp.

“Where on earth did you get that scar?!”




Chapter 2




Both Ron and Hermione’s heads shot up like buoys, and Harry just arched his eyebrows.


“You mean...this?” He pointed to the said scar. “I thought everybody knew about this one.”


Kagome frowned. ‘What a strange thing to say...’ “Why? What happened?” Ron and Hermione looked at each other, wondering where this girl had been for the past seventeen years of her life.


Harry thought of how to answer. He never had to in the past, everyone he ever met seemed to have known about it before he did. “Well, I kind of had a run-in with a bit of a nasty wizard at young age, I guess...” He started, thoughtfully. “Why?”


Kagome inquisitively peered at it, silently admiring its unique design. “It just...fascinates me. I mean, I’ve seen my share of scars, but none quite so...interesting as yours. What a lucky shape!”


The other three nodded to themselves at the word “lucky.”


“I have a pretty nasty one, myself...right on my hip. It’s nowhere near as lovely as yours, though.” She commented surely. Memories flooded back to her of the centipede demon, and how Inu-Yasha had saved her for the very first time. Of course, he wasted no time in trying to kill her and steal the jewel that slipped from the injury that would become her scar, but that was in the past.


‘It’s all in the past, now...’ She thought, sadly.


Noting that their new seatmate had taken on a melancholy manner, Ron cleared his throat. “So, where’re you from, anyway?”


“Tokyo, Japan.” Hermione looked at her incredulously.


Japan? But, how is it that you speak English so perfectly?” (Author’s Note: I did this, because an accent can change so much about a storyline, and just having to write out Hagrid’s accent is taxing enough. Besides, I think it would be easier for Kagome to relate with the others if she had mastered the English language. It also suits her and her study habits, in my opinion...she probably used to babble on in English around Inu-Yasha, just to tick him off. ^_^)


“Well, I spend most of my time studying in the first place, and I dedicated myself to learning English perfectly. I planned on minoring in it, with a major in History. Japanese History.”


Ron tilted his head. “But...why would you do that? Those are muggle subjects.”


Kagome frowned for a minute, wondering if she was having a mental block on the English language, when she suddenly remembered what he meant. “Ah, ‘muggle...’ that’s what Hagrid said about all the non-witches and non-wizards, isn’t it?”
“Wait, wait, wait.” Harry was growing more and more fascinated with this strange girl by the minute. “I know you’re not young enough to be a first-year...how old are you?”


“Just turned seventeen. I’m told I’m to be transferred into Seventh-year...I think that Professor Dumbledore mentioned that I was a ‘special case.’”


Ron nodded, finally understanding. “Aah...so you were born in a Muggle household! Hey, Harry, Hermione, you’ve found another kindred spirit.”


“What do you mean?” Kagome asked.


Hermione narrowed her eyes at Kagome. “Well, first, tell me–when and how did you find out you were witch? Were your parents muggles?”


Kagome shifted in her seat, thinking of how to answer the question. “Well, to be honest, I’m not exactly sure I’m a witch, myself.” The others looked at her strangely, and then waited for her to continue. “You see, I’m a miko.”


Ron and Harry looked at each other blankly.


“What did she just say?”


“I think she said she was a ‘Mee-Go.’”


“What’s a ‘Mee-Go?’”


“Beats me...maybe it’s like, where you don’t eat meat or dairy?”


“No, that’s Vegan...”


“I know what you’re talking about!” Hermione exclaimed excitedly. Ron and Harry just rolled their eyes. ‘Surprise, surprise.’


“You’re a Miko! A Shinto Priestess.” Kagome nodded happily.


“Yes, my family runs a shrine. My grandfather is a priest of the Shinto religion...what do you know of Shintoism? Are you Buddhist? They tend to go hand-in-hand.”


Hermione shook her head. “No, Protestant, Church of England. Despite threats against witchcraft...and I don’t know much about Shinto Priests or Priestesses at all, except the mythological priestesses were said to be used as sacrifices for demons, I think. At least, that’s what I remember hearing about in one legend.


“There was this dog demon–or was it a coyote? I don’t quite remember–and he fell in love with a priestess who was protecting a stone of some sort. But another evil demon didn’t approve of their match, or something, and tricked them into killing each other...and then, I’m kind of fuzzy on this part, but I think the reincarnation of the priestess came and resurrected the dog–or coyote–demon, and they went on a quest together to find the stone and kill the evil demon.


“I think they fell in love and lived happily ever after, but I don’t remember much of the story...I was in the third grade, doing a report on different civil wars around Asia, and that came up as a side story to the Warring States Era in Japan.” Hermione shrugged.


Kagome bit her lip. “Well, you nailed the gist of the legend. The ‘stone’ was actually a jewel called the ‘Shikon no Tama;’ the four-souls jewel. The jewel was created when–well, is said to have been created when another priestess, a very strong priestess named Midoriko fought a flock of demons, or ‘youkai,’ for seven days and seven nights. Both Midoriko and the demons died, and their souls fused to create the jewel, which is said to have the power to either cleanse or corrupt, depending on the holder. And so, because of the immense energy it contained, it acted as a catalyst for power...thus, it was fought over by both human and demon alike. Which brings up the legend you told.”


Harry waited for a more detailed version of Hermione’s story, vaguely surprised to find himself engrossed in the myth. “...And?”


A flicker of sorrow swept across the otherwise cheerful features of Kagome’s face. “...And, I’m not quite certain about the rest of the story.” Had she not dismissed the other half of the legend so quickly and sharply, the other three might have believed her...however, they chose to leave the subject alone for the moment.


“So...you’re a priestess.” Harry stated. “What, does that mean you have...spiritual powers?”


“Yes, but I have yet to learn how to control them accurately. As of now, they only really work if I’m trying to heal somebody, or if I’m in danger, a serious emotional state, or using my bow and arrow.” She confessed modestly.


“Blimey! You know how to work an arrow?” Ron exclaimed. “I always had trouble with that.”


“Yeah, you always ended up doing it backwards and smacking yourself in the honker.” Hermione playfully jabbed. Rather than protest, Ron nodded in remorseful agreement.


“That’s fine,” Kagome giggled. “I was really bad at it too, when I first started at fifteen. But I forced myself to learn, and I still need a lot of practice if I ever want to be as half as good as Kik–er, my...Father was.”


“Was?” Harry asked.


“Yes; he passed a while ago.” Harry looked sympathetically to the girl next to him. He knew what it was like to have missed a family member.


“But anyway, I was on holiday in England this past summer, and I suppose your Professor Dumbledore noticed me while I was on the Millennium Ride. We were in the same compartment when he spilled his ice cream, and I helped him clean up, and I guess he sensed my miko energy...because once I got back home, I received a notice of invitation to Hogwarts. Although, I must say, I am rather confused about how this whole thing works...” Kagome trailed off, her uncertainty palpable in the air.


“Don’t worry; you’ve got us now!” Hermione said, rather girlishly. ‘I’m so happy to have another study-buddy!’


“Yeah, don’t sweat it, Kag’me.” Ron swatted her shoulder.


Harry smiled warmly. “You’ll get used to it in no time.”


“Aww...what a precious little reunion. Look, Crabbe...I think we’ve stepped into the Loser Car.”
Snickers erupted from the back of the car as doors noisily slid open. Harry, Hermione, and Ron groaned in unison. In their excitement to be in their seventh year with a new friend, they had forgotten all about who else would be entering their seventh year.


“Malfoy...”




_______ ____________________________________________________________________




Yeah, this is a shortie. Most of it was just basic background information; I hope I didn’t bore you! I will try to make this fic as interesting as possible. Thank you for reading! :D–Kapitan Nemo