InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ Fickleness ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fickleness

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

A/N: I am going to go ahead and post tomorrows chapter today, since I may not get the chance tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys... this one is my favorite so far

Amber

---oOo---

I wonder what Rin wanted Larkspur for? It seems such an odd choice of flower on the surface, anyway, who - or what - does she equate with it?

Kagome made her way out of the well, then dropped her bag with a huff - and sat down at the base of it for several minutes, letting the cool breeze dry the sweat on her face from the climb.

Looking down idly at her hand, she studied the flowers she was holding, still unsure what Rin could possibly want this one for. It was just strange. Of course, Rin was an extremely perceptive child - there was no telling what she'd noticed now.

With a shake of her head and a sigh, she stood, and grabbing her bag back up, she headed for the village. The sooner she gave the bouquet to Rin, the sooner she'd find out what the child wanted them for.

I wonder where Inuyasha is? Normally he's dragging me back from my time...

And then she thought about it, and realized - Kikyou. The dead miko must have shown up again, and of course, off would go Inuyasha without another thought in his head.

She sighed. I wonder why she's been around so much lately? It seems kind of strange.

With a tired shrug, she pushed those thoughts away. No use worrying about it - what will happen, will happen.

When she reached the first huts, she stumbled a bit in surprise and exasperation. There was that lecherous monk, making a fool of himself over one of the village women - with a fuming Sango looking on, and Kagome scowled at the male.

Before she could say anything, however, she felt a tug on her skirt, and looked down to find Rin smiling up at her.

"Are these the larkspur flowers, Kagome-sama?"

Kagome nodded and smiled back at the girl, handing her the cluster of flowers.

"They sure are, Rin," she frowned a bit then, "but what did you want them for?"

Rin didn't answer, but she walked up to Sango, who was still glaring at a now cowering Miroku. Ignoring the monk, she bowed to the taijiya, and said, "Here, Sango-sama. Rin wants you to have one of these flowers."

Sango blinked, then smiled at the girl a bit uncertainly. "Uhm.. okay Rin - but what does it mean?"

The little girl cast a strangely disapproving look at the monk, then turned back to Sango. "Larkspur stands for fickleness - and Rin thinks that you needed to see the flowers to understand Miroku-sama." When Sango's eyes widened, and Miroku sputtered in shock, she shook her little head.

"The rest of these flowers are going to go in my book as memories of Miroku-sama and Inuyasha-sama, because they are fickle - they can't be faithful to those that they should be. Not at all like my Sesshoumaru-sama."

With that, the little girl turned and walked away, leaving a dead silence between the three stunned people standing there...

And a daiyoukai eavesdropper with a smug expression on his face.

She becomes smarter every day...

This Sesshoumaru is proud of you, Rin.

On the other side of the hut, another eavesdropper growled angrily.

"I'm not fickle - and I know perfectly well how to be faithful to those I should be!"

Don't I?

He watched Kagome for the rest of the day - noting the saddened expression on her face when she looked at him - and the thoughtful look on her face when she looked at Sesshoumaru.

Never, he thought. She wouldn't.

Sesshoumaru watched his brother, an amused glint in his eye.

Worried, Inuyasha?

Perhaps you should be.

---oOo---

A/N: Go, Rin! You tell that nasty lecher where it's at! LOL. That was fun. This one was loosely based off of something that my own daughter did when she was three... approximately fifteen years ago now. Yes, my oldest is going to be eighteen in just about two weeks. Scary. She was always such a dangerous child, I didn't think I'd be able to keep her alive to see that birthday.

Amber