InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Game ❯ The Game ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

***********

The Game

***********

"Dam it. I can't find a trace of them." Exclaimed a very distraught Inu-Yasha as he searched around the base of the mountain that he thought he saw them go up. "It's been hours now." `I hope she's okay.' Just then there was a crack. Very faint, but still there. Then a rustle of dried dead leaves, up the side of the mountain. Inu-Yasha dove for the source of the sound and ended up catching a mouth full of leaves.

"Ye think ye can catch us, half-breed?"

Inu-Yasha jumped up. "Who are you? And where did you take Kagome?!"

"Kagome?" Came a second voice.

"Yes, Rah, he must mean the pretty girly we captured earlier."

"She was a pretty girly. Wonder what he'll do with her, Obi?"

"Oh, I have no doubt in me mind Lord Iyo…"

"Show your selves cowards!" Inu-Yasha was even more worried for Kagome now after hearing these buffoons talk.

"Oh, how rude we have been. Talking to ye though the darkness. But no longer. I be Obi." He proclaimed as he stepped out of the mist of trees right in front of Inu-Yasha.

"Me be Rah." The other added as he too revealed him self from behind the boulders to Inu-Yasha's left.

"My question still remains… Where did you take Kagome?"

"Do ye think we should tell him?" Obi asked Rah.

"May be. But he'll have to catch us first." Both laughing, jumped up into the air and started running across the tree tops. All the while screaming, "Ye'll have to catch us! Ye'll have to catch us! He-he heeeeee!"

But Inu-Yasha was not one to be toyed with today. They stole Kagome and the jewel shard. "Bastards! I don't have time for this! Where is she!"

They crossed thousands of trees, rivers, and deep ravines, but all the while steadily climbing the mountain. The air became more crisp and cold. Inu-Yasha didn't mind the cold so much, but hell, even if he did find Kagome she might as well be frozen to death. Especially since she was still wearing that short dress she called a, "uniform".

With out any warning the ground shot out from underneath him and Inu-Yasha fell strait down onto a bunch of cliffs where right in front of him stood a- a human? No he couldn't be human. Just look at those eyes, they're glowing green.

"Obi, Rah would you please come out here? It's time to play our little game." He said coolly as if he'd been waiting for him. Then out from the dark cave behind him came Obi, Rah and… and…

"Kagome!" Inu-Yasha yelled but Kagome was still unconscious. There was dried blood on the left side of her face and her shirt was ripped some in the front. "What have you done to her?" He growled.

"I just made her take a little nap. Don't worry, I think I'll wake her up now." With that he turned, picked up Kagome by the side of her arm and shook her violently. Once conscious again he threw her back to his henchmen who just nearly caught her. Then motioned for them to hold her right next to him and as they brought her forward he uncovered a small dagger. "I have a proposition for you Inu-Yasha and be grateful I give it you."

"You must be Iyo. Bastard! Now give me back Kagome and I may not kill you." Krck, when Inu-Yasha's fist as he was getting ready to jump after him.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Iyo warned by waving the knife. "Just a scratch from this dagger and she won't ever wake up from the sleep it will put on her. Although you may have days time with her, but the slow… painful death… " Kagome's eyes widened as she realized what was going on. Iyo was threatening to poison her. She watched him twirl the knife in front of her. "Now here's my proposition, Inu-Yasha. In one hand you can have this little jewel (he pulled the Shikon jewel shard from his pants pocket) and I'll keep this ravishing young woman or… You can have the wench and I get to keep the all powerful Shikon Jewel shard. The choice, I am so graciously giving to you."