InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Game ❯ Truth and Forgiveness ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

***********************

Truth and Forgiveness

***************************

They sat like that for what seemed like an eternity. Inu-Yasha, looked as if, he didn't care that everyone in the world was watching them. Kagome had a bright red blush over her pale white face along with a look of curiosity.

`This can't be happening.' Kagome exclaimed in her head.

`Whoa.' Raced Shippo's mind as he jumped back all most falling off.

`Is that really Inu-Yasha?' Whispered a wide eyed Miroku.

`It can't be.' Said a voiceless Myoga.

As Sango tried to figure out what was happening. `A demon with feelings? I don't believe what I'm seeing.'

Thoughts flourished with the sight of Inu-Yasha hugging Kagome like that. And so many questions were wanting to be said like, `What the hell just happened here?', but the air around them was silent and flowing past their ears in a steady stream. Washing away the unheard questions to the waterless sea behind them.

"Inu-Yasha…"

"Kagome, I'm sorry. This isn't your fault. It's mine. All I had to do was follow you… But I didn't. I'm sorry."

It took an eternity to do but Kagome finally was able to grab Inu-Yasha's hand. Startling… well…everyone.

"It's no ones… fault…no… ones…" With that she fell back into his chest and in closing her eyes fell asleep.

Inu-Yasha's eyes began to widen. "Kagome?" he asked uncertainly. "Kagome!? Kagome!!!" He flipped her around to face him, but for all his efforts all he got was a blank face and closed eyes.