InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Green-clothed Warrior ❯ Link's Story ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Green-cloathed Warrior

An InuYasha/Legend of Zelda Crossover Fanfiction

By: Patriot1776

Chapter Three: Link's Story

"What?! Why you..." InuYasha bared his fangs and started to run at Ingo.

"InuYasha, SIT!" Kagome shouted. After he slammed to the ground, Link jumped off Epona, ran up to him, and put the Master Sword to his throat again.

"Don't do it." he said to him. InuYasha then looked at Kagome.

"What is it with you women, huh? Can't you see he's not going to let us out?" he shouted at her.

"I know of a way to get us out of here without bloodshed." Link said to him calmly. InuYasha then grumbled.

"Feh. OK, I won't kill him. Now let me back up." He then said. Link calmly sheathed the Master Sword.

"Hey, why did you stop? I was enjoying that." Ingo then said with a grin on his face. InuYasha again looked at him threateningly, but calmed himself back down when Link put a hand on his shoulder and pulled him back, shaking his head at him. They then walked back over to where the others were. InuYasha was the first to speak.

"OK, peacemaker." he said to Link. "How are we getting out of here without killing Mr. Ingo?"

"You're obviously a half-demon. How high can you jump?" Link asked him.

"What the hell has that got to do with anything?"

Link then asked them all to huddle closer, and laid out his plan, gesturing occasionally to one of the outer walls of the ranch. When he finished, InuYasha had calmed down much more, and was grinning mischievously. He then picked up Kagome's bike, and she got on his back. They then walked over to Mr. Ingo.

"Sorry, but we have to leave now." InuYasha said to him. Mr. Ingo looked puzzled, then his face turned to shock as he watched InuYasha carry Kagome and her bike over to the outer wall, then calmly jump clear over it!

"We have to leave too." Miroku said to him as Kiara grew to her large size and he, Sango, and Shippo got on her. Kiara then gracefully flew towards the same wall.

"No hard feelings, cheater!" Shippo shouted at him as Kiara cleared the wall. Ingo then looked at Link, now on Epona, and grinned.

"Your friends were able to get out of here, but I don't think you will. You have no magic trick up your sleeve." he said.

"You're right, I don't have a magic trick to get me over the wall. The only thing I've got is a good horse!" Link then shouted at him as he reared Epona into a full gallop towards the wall. Mr. Ingo's jaw dropped to the ground when they neared the wall as he saw Epona and Link also jump clear over it!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Link and Epona landed on the other side of the wall easily and met the others there.

"Well, where we off to next?" Sango asked, smiling.

"Kakariko Village, at the base of Death Mountain." Link replied.

"D-D-D-Death Mountain?!" Shippo then said in a scared voice.

"Is that the mountain with the ring of fire circling its peak?" asked Miroku.

"Yes. The village is where the person I met in the Temple of Time told me to go first if I wanted to get the medallions. He said I'll find the item there that I'll need if I wish to enter the Forest Temple." They then started off toward Death Mountain. Unfortunately, night came soon, and they decided to pitch camp. Link was again mystified as he watched Kagome get out her stove and food and begin cooking. As they helped InuYasha collect wood for a fire, Miroku struck up a conversation with Link.

"That Temple of Time you talked about, was that the cathedral-looking building we saw amongst the ruins?" he asked Link.

"Yes it is. It is where you can enter the dimensional plane that was the resting place for the Triforce, the Sacred Realm." Link replied, not looking up as he helped InuYasha build a fire pit and stack the wood in it..

"How did Ganondorf enter it?" Kagome then asked, looking up from the stove as InuYasha started building the fire.

"He actually couldn't enter the Sacred Realm on his own by just walking into the Temple. There were many magical locks and failsafes in place. In order to unlock those locks so you can enter the Realm, you need three Spiritual Stones, the Master Sword, and this." Link then got out the blue ocarina he had used earlier. "This is the Ocarina of Time. Those stones and this are necessary to open a stone door called the Door of Time, inside the Temple."

"How do you know all of this?" InuYasha asked him.

"Because I was the one who opened the Door seven years ago. This is the first time I've seen Hyrule in seven years." Link then confessed.

"WHAT? Where have you been for all that time? No wonder things got so bad here." Sango then said.

"Locked in the Sacred Realm, in a dormant state, that's where I've been. Ganondorf came to Hyrule seven years ago, and started hunting for the Spiritual Stones and the Ocarina. I had been on a quest to find those things before he could. After I had acquired them, I then entered the Temple and used them to open the Door to try and get to the Triforce so I could protect it from Ganondorf. That's also when I got the Master Sword." Link explained.

"And just where was that powerful sword at?" InuYasha asked curiously.

"Behind the Door of Time was a large chamber with the Master Sword stuck in a pedestal. Unfortunately, at that time, I was only ten years old." he stopped for moment when the others' jaws dropped to the ground in amazement. He continued. "When I pulled the Sword out, it was too big for me to wield. That's why I was locked up in the Sacred Realm, so I could finish growing. Unfortunately, the way was now wide open for Ganondorf to enter the Realm, and he obtained the Triforce. I had walked right into his trap. His plan all along had been to sit and wait for me to open the way to the Realm for him."

"It sounds to me like this guy does things the same way Naraku does." InuYasha commented.

"Who's he? The arch-nemesis of your world?" Link then asked.

"Yes he is. He's trying to get all of the shards of the Sacred Jewel so he can reassemble it and use it. He's caused a lot of pain and suffering while he's been at it though. InuYasha, Sango, and I are just three of the numerous victims of his schemes in finding them." Miroku then said.

"This Naraku however, even if he eventually completes that jewel, pales in comparison to what Ganondorf has done." Link then stated. Kagome by then had finished cooking their food. She of course had to show Link how to eat the noodles. "Where'd you get all of this stuff, and that pink, mechanical horse of yours? Your clothes are also some of the strangest I've ever seen. Are you a witch?" he then asked her in between bites.

"No, she's a Miko, a priestess, but she's still in training. She's not even from OUR own world. She comes from the far future." InuYasha said. Link raised an eyebrow at that.

"She's from the future? Of your world I'm guessing." he then said.

"Yes. Technology has advanced A LOT in her time. Most of the stuff in her time I can not comprehend."

"You've been there?"

"That's right. To come and get her when we need her. She has her own life to live too, you know. She's with us because she can detect the shards of the Sacred Jewel, and will be the protector of it once we get it reassembled." While InuYasha was speaking, Miroku had started to sneak his hand around Sango, looking for her breasts. He found them, and was promptly slapped by her.

"Would you knock it off with the grabbing, you letch." she said angrily at him.

"He always do stuff like that?" Link asked.

"Yes. And he's a monk too, if you can believe it."

"Hmph. I guess my left hook earlier wasn't enough. You must want a good kick between the legs huh?" Link said sternly to Miroku. A frightened look then came to Miroku's face, and he moved away from Sango.

Link then looked at Shippo. "Well, what's your story, tailed one?"

"My parents were killed by a pair of demon brothers called the `Thunder Brothers'. InuYasha and Kagome rescued me and helped me avenge my parents' deaths. With me now an orphan, I've decided to stay with them until I can fend for myself." Shippo then explained. Link nodded in understanding. Miroku then yawned.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to hit the hay." he then said, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah, let's get some sleep then, we're going to have a long day tomorrow." Link said as he started to lie down. They then worked out a watch schedule, and went to sleep, with Link keeping first shift on the watch.