InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Hidden Keys ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(a/n)....what authors note. I don't have one!

Rating: for the time being it will be rated ' T ' or ' PG13 '...future limes an lemons might appear.

Genre: action/adventure/romance/historical/fantasy/drama/humor/suspence....wow allot of things...I will live up to it.

Disclaimer: I do not own inuyasha. I do not own any true understanding behind religion. I am not a religious person and you should not take this fic so seriously in the belief of the tale I am about to tell.

SUMMERY: Writing a summery can be one of the hardest parts of telling the story. Shame on me fore I have no summery. I do, however, have a small snippet from the story…’ her sons fate had been sign, sealed and delivered even before she was born. There were no if and or buts about it. "Your son will be our dear and unfortunate successors, he will be the holder of the document" the three children before her spoke. She closed her eyes and cried. She wished this fate on no one she knew, yet her son had been bestowed this awful fate. Opening up her weary golden orbs, she was meeting by emptiness of the area. Standing quickly she rushed off to her mates library. He was the father and had a right to know what his son had gotten into even before he was born.'
________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ __

CHAPTER 4: UNTITLED
______________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ____
NIGHT AT THE WESTERN CASTLE WAS IN A...

The night at the Western castle was in an uproar at the news of the North and South starting war with the West and the North. Were they foolish or were they foolish was what was being asked. Many members of the army were getting back into their war training to toughen up forgotten skills. It had been a long time since they had war. This would be fun. One person ' the general ' was not up to this. He was thinking. Thinking back to a night when he was only a commander and was coming home to the castle from a war meeting with the north. He would never forget what he heard. He felt pity for his lord and godchild.
_____________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ _____

(Flash Back)
___________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________
Time is the greatest natural healer there is known to mankind. The moon is the sister to the earth. The sun is the brother that drives the moon and darkness away like a male of earth would to his female sister. The darkness that lies within that simple fraise is unseen or un-noticed. Whether it is on purpose for the gods to make such a tribal and silly presumption on such a matter is still unknown to the people. Lands are divided as the essence of time becomes more and more non-divine as one though. With life came death and with death came spirits. In the beginning, no one knew how the world was made up. No one knew about how the gods and fates and other mystical creatures came to be.

Wait.

Wait right there for a moment I have once again lied to you my faithful reader. I take back the note of no one knowing of how the gods, magic, and fate came to be. A selected few did know. The unfortunate people who kept this burden were chosen even before birth by the fates. The three sisters of past, present and future were the holders to this gift that was in the end a down fall to their holders and a curse all in its own. To know such things is not as wistful as many would have though. You see with knowledge comes danger. Danger from being attacked or killed for what you knew. Danger for becoming power hungry an killing the ones around you. Danger of losing your mind because you are looking over your back in fear of the cold grip of death or your attacker. Oh so many things to be afraid of with this little so called gift.

Before I take you into this tale, I want to make a few things clear. One thing would be that not all is what the eye is really seeing. Do not be fooled by my words for their is a riddle in their own little way. To the beholder of this gift is not who you think it is. This beholder has been tainted by her knowledge. The beholder once was a pure blood twin to a very powerful person. yet the beholder was harmed an damaged by its childhood. in the ending of the beholders years, she tried to do what was right. In the end not even, her twin or the people there knew what happen or how she did it. All they knew that the secret was once again in rightful pure hands. The secret of the scrolls was saving. The key was still out there.

Our little tale begins over 900 years ago.

A lone rider on horseback came to an aberrant stop at the gates of his home. His long silken black mane shinning lightly in the moonlight swayed back and fourth in the gentle winter breeze. Dismounting his horse the lone rider walked the stallion creature around the castle. Looking around as he walked in his steady long stridden pace he saw the lush green vegetation with small speck of pink, red, yellow, orange, and purple flowers. Looking up to the midnight blue sky, he was rewarded by the view of his lords’ home. The cathedral style building was made to look like a weak vulnerable thing that would fall in a matter of second if stormed. He knew this to be wrong. It was made to look that way on purpose to lure the enemies within target range then...he smirked an felt no grief for the poor loser who dare so try to harm his lord. Actually if someone wanted to get the real knowledge then they would have to ask his mate. Lady Mangetsu. She was the true mastermind behind the design. She traveled the world before she settled down and was matted to her fathers chosen one.

"it is good to be back, is it not Ki," he asked his horse petting her coat, she snorted slightly an waved her head up and down. The horseman smiled.

The distance between the stables and his quarters was a long way. He was not even halfway there. He would have road his horse the whole way, but seeing the state she was in, he decided to take it easy. His weary eyes were wondering over the landscape when he caught a light. At first he thought it was one of the little wenches out having a little walk or maybe even going for a bath, god knew that needed one, but when the light did not move he knew someone was standing there in the woods. Patting his horse on its rear end the horse galloped lightly to her stable. Being quick and quiet bout what he was doing he took to the sky overhead and looked down. His eyes were surprised to find his mistress talking to three...three children?

'wait they cannot be children I do not smell and odor from them telling me this, why are they speaking to milady?' he wondered. He was reading to swoop down and gather her in his strong arms just incase something was going on. His hypersensitive ears fought to take up the muttered words that were being spoken.

"Lady Mangetsu of the house of moons" one of the three little girls dressed in white spoke. Her hair the color of an amber field. She wore a simple white dress that a common child of a servant who be seen in. A black and white obi tied around her waist. Her eyes almond shaped and colored the same. Skin pale as the moon it’s self. She stood in the middle.

"who are you my children?” the one named Lady Mangetsu voiced softly

"milady I’m sister past" the one from before spoke

"milady I’m sister future" the girl to the left of sister past spoke. Her hair the color of night like her eyes. She wore a white kimono with a black obi. Her skin was not as pale as sister past's, but was not darker by that much. Her voice was soft as well.

"and I, milady, am sister of the present" the sister to the right spoke. Her hair was an oddly shade of red. Her eyes were a burnt brownish color. like her sister to the far right, she wore a simple white kimono with a black obi. Her voice was also soft an wishful.

"you three are the fates," Mangetsu said sounding astonished

"yes milady we are, we bring news to you" the past sister spoke her voice sounded a little crackly, but still low and soft-spoken.

"what news do you bring me?" Mangetsu asked looking worried with her hand over her stomach

"your twins... they are our beholders" they spoke in unison, Mangetsu gasped softly. She knew what they meant.

Her sons’ fate had been sign, sealed and delivered even before she was born. There were no if and or buts about it.

"your sons will be our dear and unfortunate successors, he will be the holder of the document” the three children before her spoke. She closed her eyes and cried. She wished this fate on no one she knew, yet her son had been bestowed this awful fate.

Opening up her weary golden orbs, she was meeting by emptiness of the area. Standing quickly she rushed off to her mates library. He was the father and had a right to know what his son had gotten into even before he was born.

The commander landed in the field shortly after his lady's departure. He could not believe his ears. His godchildren were the successors?

'lords have mercy on their souls' he thought.

Not two weeks later the twins were born. One named Sesshoumaru the other Mottomaru (Motto actually means base; origin. It is perfect. Even though it sounds cheesy)
_______________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___

(End Flash Back)
___________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________
Wa-Z en was brought out of his thoughts by a masculine voice. (Wa: peace; harmony Zen: good; virtue thus making the name 'Wa-Zen')

"what are you thinking" a strong baritone voice asked

"nothing much my boy, we must come up with some new battle tactics," Wa-Zen said calmly

"what is your problem?" Sesshomaru asked

"nothing my boy nothing " Wa-Zen said with a cheesy smile. he chuckled a bit, his semi fat gut giggled. Oh yeah he needed to get into training as well.

"I am going to my quarter’s keep me inform about the East and the South, if the Northern lord shall come here let him in" Sesshoumaru said Wa-Zen nodded his head while he stood up.

"Sesshoumaru, as your god father, I want you to know, not all is how it seems, I can not tell you more than you need to know, but know this...the time will come when you will have to make a very difficult decision...I wish this fate on no one I know, but you will have to make a choice" Wa-Zen said before walking out of the room heading to the dojo.

' what is going on with him, I think it's time he stepped down from his seat ' Sesshoumaru thought with a sigh before he started of to his room to get a nice little nap in before day break.
________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ __

(Mean while near his borders in the Eastern lands)
________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ __
When they had made it to Kaede's village to find that everyone was gone, fighting off some demons at another village close by they both signed in relief. They both got there things settled in the hut before they were asked numerous questions from Kaede.

"why are ye here with ye sister" Kaede asked stirring the mixture she called beef stew in the small black pot that was hanging over the crackling bones.

"Kaede...she left us...she left us and...souta has nowhere to go an, I couldn't leave him alone there "Kagome cried out, she couldn't lie to her, Kaede was like a grandmother to her.

"oh child, ye will be just fine,” Kaede said wrapping an arm around the younger woman’s shoulder while souta rested his head on her lap

"how can you say that…things will not be fine, Souta only know a little bit of fighting, me...pfft I can't fight I would once again be holding the group, I can barely do arrows and..." Kagome couldn't take it anymore; she finally let everything out and cried on the old woman's chest.

"there, there child, those are things that can be fixed, I could try and teach ye how to use ye miko powers, Sango could train ye brother" Kaede rubbing her back

" but, you have so much to do already I don't want to be a burden and Sango, Sango is busy trying to find her own brother" Kagome said raising her head to look at the woman she came to see as a second mother. Her ears were met with a broken fit of laughter from the old woman.

"Kagome child, stop making excuses and just ask, ye need to learn that these old bones need to pass down what I know to someone I trust, ye being the only one and a miko it is only natural," Kaede said patting her shoulders

"Kaede...you'll teach me?" Kagome questioned

"yes child...now no more tears, ye child tell me about yourself" Kaede said motioning towards souta

"well my name is Souta, I’m 18 and Kagome's brother" Souta started out with, Kaede narrowed her eyes

"child don't be fooled by my appearance, ye tell me thy truth," Kaede said and Souta chuckled slightly

"well all I said so far is true, I go to school had a girlfriend, used to run a gang..." Souta said, he was nearly finished before the mud flap door flopped open to show four faces.

" who are you? " Souta asked

" same to you brat, who the hell is this Kagome" Inuyasha said walking into the hut

You see Souta didn't remember Inuyasha because the visits to come pick her up early stopped when he was 13. Inuyasha didn't remember Souta because Souta had grew...he grew allot. His hair wasn't short anymore, it was sorta on the longish side with it flipped out. His frame was the most that grew. Instead of the skinny little kid he once was he had broad shoulder and a narrow waistline. He had the faintest outline of a six-pack. His arms and shoulder area was chiseled and rock solid. He only knew one style of fighting. That was street fighting. Street fighting consisted of lots of things...mainly being dirty. You had to be if you ran a gang. Sadly, there was one big lacking. The weapon of guns. Guns weren’t brought over here yet, or they were just being brought over.

" I'm her brother who the hell are you " Souta asked jumping up, his wounds still clearly shown on his face

" Souta! that’s Inuyasha Souta, Inuyasha that’s Souta my little brother," Kagome said with a sigh. She watched Souta eye him over an grin.

" an here I thought hanyou's were sapost to be stronger looking, tell me does your sword do all the fighting or do you actually use your claws" Souta said, he knew what he was doing. This was a little bit of pay back for all the times his sister came home crying because of him.

" why you little runt " Inuyasha said sending a punch to his face, to slow. Souta ducked in time and punched Inuyasha in the stomach.

" Souta! stop your hurt enough an your gonna hurt him" Kagome yelled at him jumping up

" pfft sis, if that’s how you want it I’ll be nice" Souta said walking next to his sister.

" you still have to need to fight ?" Kagome asked, Souta nodded his head

" well go punch a tree you baka" Kagome said slapping him in the back of his head

" hey what was that for, don't make me hit you, I don't hit family members," Souta teased

" why you little shit head, " Kagome screamed, she was about to slap him again, but he moved to shit behind Kaede. He was grinning like a mad man.

" gahhhhhh I’ll get you, you asshole" Kagome said flopping down on one of the duffle bags

" nooooo not that one " Souta yelled jumping up and knocking his sis off the bag, he unzipped it an sighed a breath of relief

" phew, thought that was the huka bag...hehe" Souta said seeing the look in his sister eye.

" umm..hehe" Souta mumbled backing up

" Kagome " Shippo said flinging himself on his mother

" Shippo, has Inuyasha been good to you?" Kagome question, Shippo turned around and sent a glinted cocky smile to Inuyasha, Inuyasha inched his way towards the door

" oh no Kagome-momma...hehe...he hit me on my head and called me stupid and an" Shippo said making fake tears fall an for added effect a trembling lip

" Inuyasha" Kagome said sweetly

" uh Kagome he's... "

" SIT BOI "

An for the rest of the night the group talked about what they done while in the wake of Kagome's absence. They all learned that Souta was going to be traveling with them for now on. The reason was never given to the group. Kagome and Souta both figured they didn't need to know. Things seemed to be looking up just like Kaede said. Little did they know the roller coaster ride of adventure they were all about to embark on.
___________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________< br>
MEAN WHILE BACK AT THE WESTERN PROVENDENCE
___________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ _______
" MOTHER PLEASE IT’S HAPPENING AGAIN," a little boy screamed as he held his shaking brother in his arms

" Sess..Sess..Ssshoumaru...please let me go" the trembling boy mumbled, the doors flew open to reveal an older looking demon with his mate.

" Inu we have to do something, Sesshoumaru will start any minute from now" he could hear his mother cry, he watched as his father came to them both tapping them on thier necks, sleep in each others arms in seconds.

" I don't know how much longer I can go threw this" the man spoke

" me either" the woman said on a choked sob

" come...we should get some kind of sleep...or at least rest"

" hai " was all the woman whispered
_____________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ _____

( End )
_____________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________
Sesshoumaru shot up in his bed of silk and furs. His heart was racing as sweat poured off his skin trailing down his body in ripples. Running a startled clawed hand threw his drenched silver tresses he sighed.

' of all the nights to remember my brother, my other half ' Sesshoumaru thought with a sigh, standing up he walked over to his balcony looking out at what he owned, what taunted him the most.

" brother where art thou" he whispered
_____________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ _____

AT THE SAME TIME THOUSANDS OF MILES AWAY
__________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________
A man dressed in commoner’s robes and jackets shot up from his seat. His short curly silver hair tangled and stuck to his head. Clutched in his hands were scroll of important words. His golden eyes wide with remembrance and wonder as he looked up to the sky.

' Kami wants me to help now, but how ' he thought remembering the nights with his brother, how he held him when he was going threw one of his visions.

"Brother, art thou still angry at me?" the man wondered aloud
_________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ _
END CHAPTER
_______________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ ___
If anyone has any confusion on anything in this chapters or other contact me at harlot (underscore) rocker @ yahoo. Com. or go to my profile and pm me there or get my address there. Thank you an on to chapter 5.