InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Inuyasha Chronicles ❯ The Beggining ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Inuyasha Chronicles
*author's note
Chapter 1
The Beginning
 
Inuyasha does not belong to me.
Inuyasha is owned by
TAKAHASHI Rumiko/Shogakukan YOMIURI TV SUNRISE 2000
So far I own only the Cloud Lord, Mistress Kannade, the Cloud Clan, and Asana.
This is my first story, so please give advice on how I can improve. Any negative comments will be ignored.
Please read and comment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She stood there as the clouds rolled past her. She sighed as she turned to look towards the field where she could see them sitting on a blanket eating. `Soon, he shall be mine. Very, very soon.'
* * * * *
“Hey, watch it, mutt-face! I'm lookin' for Kagome, not your ugly mug!” “Don't you get it? She isn't interested in some mangy wolf!”
`Oooh, when will those two stop this idiotic fighting over me?' Kagome thought as she and the others ate the lunch she had made back in her own time.
“I wonder where Kirara is? She left quite a while ago.”
`Hmm, Sango sounds worried, maybe if I find Kirara, she give me a kiss!' Miroku smiled at the thought of finally getting a kiss from the woman he loved.
“What's up with you, Miroku? Why are you smiling?” Sango asked Miroku.
At that question, he suddenly turned very red. “N-no reason heh, heh.”
“Hey, Sango, I'd be glad to help you find Kirara.” Miroku said with a smile.
“Really? That'd be great, Miroku, Thanks so much!” Sango returned the smile. “Wait, what was that sound? Oh look over there!”
Everyone knew what Sango was talking about as soon as they looked over towards the stream nearby. Running towards them was Kirara, with a fish in her mouth.
“Oh, she was only at the stream, catching fish to eat. Looks like we won't need to go looking for her at all, Miroku!”
“Great, that is just awesome!” Miroku hung his head in depression.
Kirara lay down on the blanket with her fish and purred as Sango stroked her back while she ate.
“I said get lost you sorry excuse for a wolf!” Inuyasha shouted before swinging an arm around to punch Koga, but then hit the ground with a huge crash as Kagome shouted “SIT BOY!”
“Whad'ya do that for? I was about to pummel th-“ Inuyasha was cut off as Koga Stepped on his head, pushing his face into the dirt.
“Hey there, Kagome. You're really looking well today” Koga said smoothly as he tool Kagome's hands in his own.
“Uh, thanks, I think.”
“Hey! Get away from Kagome!” Inuyasha shouted as he got off the ground.
“I don't remember talking to any half-breed, do you, Kagome?”
“Please leave me out of this conversation.” Kagome said as a sweat drop rolled down her head.
“KOGA!” A familiar voice echoed from the other side of the field right before a rose embedded itself in the trunk of the tree standing next to Koga and Kagome.
“Oh, man, please tell me that's not who I think it is.” Koga said as he began to look at the shape getting closer with every heartbeat.
Suddenly he began to sweat heavily.
“Oh Crap! Kagome you have to hide me, fast!”
“KOGA!” Suddenly the angry voice was right behind him.
“Ahhh man, too late!” Slowly, he turned around to look at the girl standing behind him, a lilac flower in her hair, leaning forward with her hands on her hips, glaring at him.
“Koga what do you think you're doing here?”
“Awww man! Why do you have to follow me around, Ayame?”
“What do you mean? I'm making sure that you aren't going to marry someone else, like that human Kagome! No offense meant, Kagome.” Ayame added hastily and blushing, just now remembering Kagome was there.
“None taken, trust me. I think it is actually very sweet, because personally, he won't leave me alone.” Kagome said with a smile.
“You don't have to mask your feelings for me, Kagome.”
“What did you just say, Koga?”
`Oh now I've done it.'
“Uh, nothing, I didn't say anything, really!”
“Koga, do I have to remind you that you promised to be my husband?”
“I told you before, I never said that!”
“Yes you did, Koga, you promised!” Ayame said as she started to cry.
“Why won't you admit it?
“Because there ain't nothing to admit!”
“NO? When you saved me from those Birds of Paradise, on the night of the Lunar Rainbow, you said that one day, you would take me as you wife.”
“Koga, if you upset Ayame like you did last tike last time, I'll never forgive you.” Kagome told him.
“Yeah, I'm also sick of you making her so frustrated.” Sango said in a firm voice.
“Ayame, you don't have to take this from Koga every time he sees you.”
Miroku got and started to walk over to Ayame, before Sango caught his ankle and pulled him to the ground.
“Don't try it, Miroku. You're staying out of this conflict, you perverted monk.”
“I think I know just what you need to calm you down, Ayame.” Kagome stated, placing a hand on Ayame's shoulder.
* * * * *
“So what you are telling me, Kannade, is that you have finally found someone to share in our family's power?” The question came from the Cloud Lord's mouth with a small burst of mist.
“That is correct, Father.” Kannade said with a slight bow.
“Oh, what a happy day this is!” The Cloud Lord jumped out of his throne with unnatural enthusiasm.
“I'll have to tell your Mother!”
“Oh, I wish he wouldn't overreact to everything that happens to me.” Kannade muttered under her breath. Then a sweat drop rolled down the back of her head as she saw her father dancing and hopping around, throwing flowers everywhere.
* * * * *
“Ahhh, this feels sooooo good, right Ayame?” asked Kagome as she pulled her legs up to her chest.
“Yeah, this was a great idea, Kagome.”
“So, Ayame, are you feeling any better?” Kagome looked at her with a smile.
“I guess so.”
“What's wrong?” Sango asked, sounding concerned.
“It's just that whenever I try to get close to Koga, he takes off in that tornado that surrounds him when he runs.” Ayame covered her face with her hands and started to cry again.
“Oh, Ayame, if I could, I would get Koga to stop following me, but no matter what I do, he won't take the hint to leave me alone.” Kagome said, trying to console the upset oni.
(A/N-oni-Japanese word for demon.)
“That's because you are the only one he knows that can see the Jewel Shards. He couldn't care less about me” At this, Ayame looked up at the two of them. They could see the tears running down her face.
“How is it that you can see them, Kagome?”
“I really don't even know myself, actually.” Kagome answered with a shrug of her shoulders.
“I guess because I'm the reincarnation of the Dead Priestess Kikyo.”
“Wow, really?”
“Yeah.”
“I didn't know that, Kagome.” Ayame said with an air of both shock and surprise.
“Yeah, well you learn something new everyday.”
“Uh, Kagome, do you think it's possible that you could teach me to be able to see them, too?”
“Huh?” The question caught her off guard.
“I'm not sure, but we can try.”
“I'd like to try it later.”
“Uh, sure, no problem.”
* * * * *
“Okay, Ayame, ask him.”
“Right, Koga, you say that you love Kagome because she can see the Shards, right?”
“Yeah, what of it, you can't see them so what's the point in continuing this old argument?”
“What if I learned to see them as well, would you take me as your wife instead of Kagome?”
“I might, not that you'll ever be able to see them in this lifetime.”
`Oh really?'
“What if I could see them by tomorrow afternoon?”
“That would be something, but how are you going to pull that of, huh?”
“Easy, I'll have Kagome train me to be able to see them.”
“Yeah, and then someday humans will walk on the moon, right Kagome?”
“Don't drag me into this anymore than I already am.” `He has no idea that humans have walked on the moon in my time.'
“Alright Ayame, if you can see the Shards as well as Kagome by tomorrow afternoon, then I will take you as my mate. If not, however, then you must stop following me every where I go. Deal?”
Ayame hesitated, because if she failed, then she would lose him forever.
“Umm, right.”
“Well then, you had better start training, loser.” Koga sneered.
* * * * *
“You are aware of what will happen to you if you fail me in this task, correct?” Kannade looked at the demon she had chosen to carry out the task of retrieving the one she had decided on having.
The demon looked up at the noble entity that stood before her.
“Yes, Miss Kannade, I am not to harm this one, or I am to die.”
“Correct, you may leave me to my solitude.”
“Yes, Miss Kannade, I am as your will decides.”
The demon finished with the traditional respectful response that any lower class demon showed to the nobles of the Cloud Clan.
As soon as the chamber door was shut, Kannade returned to her journal.
`I am very excited and nervous at the same time, soon my groom will be with me, and we will be together forever. I am unsure whether he will like me however.'
* * * * *
“Lord Sesshomaru, Lord Sesshomaru! Look at all these herbs I found! There are some here that can heal any small wounds you might get, my Lord!”
“Silence, Rin! Lord Sesshomaru has no interest in anything so useless. Lord Sesshomaru never is injured by any-“
“That's enough, Jaken. Has Rin done anything wrong?”
“Well my lord, she attempted to even conceive that someone as powerful as you could be injur-“
“I didn't think so, now Rin, which herbs do this?”
“My Lord, these herbs will help with headaches and these ones are good for small cuts and wounds that become infected.”
“Very good, Rin. Make sure you dry them properly so that we can use them later.”
“Yes my Lord.” Rin ran off to tie the herbs to Ah-Un's saddle, so that they could dry.
“Lord Sesshomaru, why encourage her to collect such things that are useless to one such as yourself?”
“That is none of your business, Jaken.”
Jaken could tell from his tone that that was the end of the conversation.
`That girl is corrupting the Great Lord Sesshomaru's mind. I must find someone to get rid of her.'
“My Lord, the herbs are tied tightly to Ah-Un, is there something else you want me to do?”
“No, you may do as you please, Rin.”
“Yes, my Lord.”
`Why is it that I am sensing some kind of danger looming not far ahead?' Sesshomaru wondered as he watched Rin chasing an emerald-green butterfly through the stones that stuck out of the ground.
* * * * *
“Okay, Ayame. The first exercise we're going to go through is to just figure out which cup the Shard is under by trying to sense its aura.”
“Right, I'm ready.”
“Good. Now, Sango has already placed the Shard under a cup, and I'm going to show you an example. Okay, switch the cups around, Sango.”
“Right.”
As Sango moved the cups around, Ayame watched Kagome close her eyes, and when Sango stopped, she lifted the far right cup, and there was the Shard.
“Now you try, okay?”
Ayame nodded her head and closed her eyes, trying to sense the Jewel's aura. After a while, she thought she felt a small flicker of light or power, so she opened her eyes and lifted the middle cup. The Shard was not under it.
“That was pretty good, Ayame. The Shard was only two cups away from the one you chose.”
“Thanks, but I was barely even close.”
“That's better than I would have done.” Sango spoke with a smile.
“Okay, let's try again. Ayame, close your eyes, Sango, switch the cups again.”
“Right.”
Ayame closed her eyes and focused her thoughts. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she felt the presence of some kind force. It pressed into her mind farther until it was like a light buzzing noise. She tried to focus on it, but it evaded her attempts.
She opened her eyes and chose the cup nest to the far left one, but the Shard was not under it either.
“That was amazing, Ayame!”
“Yeah, right.” Ayame looked down at the flower she had picked from the ground.
“No, seriously, you did even better than last time. You were only one cup off just now!”
“Really?”
“She's right. I placed the Shard myself. This is the cup the Shard was under.” Sango lifted the far left cup, revealing the Shard.
“Wow. Kagome, how does it feel when you sense a Shard?”
“Me? Well, I get this kind of noise in the back of my head, that only gets louder the closer I am to the Jewel.”
“That's exactly what I just felt!”
Sango gave Ayame a smile and said,
“That's good, then. As soon as you are able to locate the Shard completely, we'll move on I think, don't you, Kagome?”
“Yeah, that sounds good.”
* * * * *
“Don't you get it, dog-face? I'm sick of that annoying girl following me everywhere!” Koga yelled as the lizards he had caught cooked over the fire they had made.
“Look, Koga, I'm sure that you have reasons to not want Ayame following you like a shadow, but don't you think that you would have a better life with her than with Kagome, regardless of whether she can see the Shards or not?” Miroku asked, looking a little hungry as he watched the fruit he picked cook over the outside of the fire, making sure that it didn't burn.
“I agree with Miroku, I think that it shouldn't matter what kind of abilities a woman has, as long as she is-“
“Shut up, Shippo, you don't know what you're talking about.”
Inuyasha punched Shippo on the head.
“Owwwwwww! What d-did you do that f-for?” Shippo cried as he held his head.
“Because you don't get into conversations that you aren't part of.”
“Now Inuyasha, remember that Shippo isn't completely incapable of being in conversations, even considering his ignorance of most topics of such discussions.”
“Maybe, but this time the little kitsune* doesn't know jack about the topic.”
(A/N-kitsune-Japanese fox demon.)
“Who cares! I'm still stuck trying to figure out how to keep Ayame off my tail for good. Inuyasha, Miroku, you guys have to help me here.”
“What do you want us to do? We wouldn't even be able to stop her if we tried.” Miroku spoke with a shrug of his shoulders.
“Yeah, and why should I help you, anyhow?” Inuyasha inquired.
“Because if you do, I'll never bother you again, Inuyasha.”
“Well, that's good enough reason for me. Let's go, Miroku, Shippo.”
“Whatever, you ready, Shippo?” Miroku said with a shrug of his shoulders.
“Nah, I think I'm gonna stay here.” Shippo yawned as he lay back against the tree behind him, leaning into the shade.
“Fine, your choice. Let's go, guys.” Inuyasha turned and walked off.
“Don't go getting into trouble, Shippo.” Miroku said to the young kitsune.
“I'll be fine, just go.”
* * * * *
“I can't let this one get away. The last one Miss Kannade sent me after jumped. Miss Kannade was not happy after that performance.”
She took out the scroll and studied the face that looked up at her from the paper.
“This one is cute, I can see why the Miss is intent on having this one as her husband.”
She tucked the likeness into the folds of the cloak she was wearing and stopped to look around. She could see the field where she knew he was resting, she could feel his presence. She walked over to a stream trickling over some rocks nearby and took a drink, then stood and pulled some fruit from a pouch on her belt. As she took a bite, she sat down on a rock to rest.
“I only have to wait for him to go off on his own.”
She decided too sleep there for the night, and she would watch them from there.
`I will make sure that he doesn't escape me this time.'
* * * * *
“Now, Ayame, since you have the hang of sensing the aura of the Jewel, I think that you should be able to locate them from a larger distance. I'm going to give Kirara a Shard and she is going to run off and hide with it. Your task is to locate the Shard's aura and locate Kirara that way.”
“Okay, that sounds easy enough. I think I may just have this down by tonight, even.”
Even Sango could feel the confidence radiating from Ayame as she said “That's good. Then this should be really easy for you.”
“I hope so, because I don't know how much longer I can go with Koga chasing me everywhere.”
Don't worry, I'm going to hold him to his promise of marrying me if I learn this ability, and you all will always be welcome to visit us.”
“Right. Let's get started. Here you go, Kirara, take this and go hide n the forest.”
Kirara trilled as she picked up the Shard and ran off into the woods.
“Okay, we're going to time you to see how long it takes you to find Kirara. When I go, you are going to run into the forest and use the ability to sense the Jewel's aura to find the Shard and Kirara.”
“Okay, I think I understand what I have to do; now I'm ready.”
“Okay Sango, you have the timer ready?”
“All set!” Sango replied as she held up the stopwatch above her head.
“Right, ready, set, GO!” shouted Kagome as she jumped into the air.
Immediately Ayame opened her mind, extending her thoughts outward until she thought she felt a tingle, which she immediately followed. She ran towards the forest, going faster and faster until she was right at the edge of the trees. There she stopped and lost the feeling. She extended her thoughts again and found the feeling, and followed it. She walked into a clearing in the trees and looked down to see tiny tracks in the soft soil by the stream.
`She must be here, but I shouldn't use my eyes to find her.'
Ayame thought to herself as she cupped her hands and took a drink of water. As Ayame stood up, she reached out again and felt a stronger presence, one that seemed like it wasn't coming from the Jewel.
“Who's there?” Ayame said loudly as she drew the lotus katana she always carried at her side.
“Ha ha ha aha ha ha” the laughter rang out through the clearing in a kind voice, from no obvious source.
“So, you're following them, too. What a pleasant coincident. Maybe you and I could strike some kind of deal without anyone having to get hurt, what do you think, Ayame of the Wolf Demon Tribe?”
“Who are you and how do you know my name?”
“Patience and all will known in time. My mistress will wait for more than a few days, and in that time, I must bring her what she sent me to get.”
“Wait here until night and I will return to hear your proposal.”
“I shall be waiting.” The voice said before fading into the woods.
Ayame suddenly that the falling leaves had been hanging in midair during the time that the voice had been speaking. Then they continued falling as she looked at them.
“That was weird, but now I sense the Shard again.”
Ayame walked over to a tree that hung low above the ground. Pushing aside some branches, she saw the Shard sitting next to Kirara, who was sleepily nibbling on a small fish.
“Found you!” said Ayame in a soft voice, at which Kirara looked up at her and trilled.
* * * * *
“Sango, do think we will be able to efficiently train Ayame by tomorrow afternoon?”
“I'm not sure, but the least we can do is try. If we do succeed, then maybe Koga will leave you alone.”
“That's true, so now we have something to work towards.”
“Kagome! Sango! I found her, how long did it take me?”
[click] Sango pressed the button on top of the watch.
“Mmm, Fifteen minutes. Not bad, Ayame.”
“Yeah, you did great, congratulations.”
“Thanks, I found that it was easier than I thought it would be.” Ayame spoke with a confident smile on her face.
“That's great; I think that this is going faster than I thought it would at first. This may just be possible to pull off in the time we have after all.”
“I have to say, Ayame, I'm impressed with the degree of improvement you've shown.”
* * * * *
“Okay, so what are we going to do to make sure that Ayame doesn't learn how to sense the Jewel Shards?” Inuyasha asked in an uninterested voice.
“Yes, I also would like to know that.” Miroku stated.
“I think that we should watch at first to see what kind of training she is going through. Then we should figure out what to do.”
`So I guess we will be sitting here for quite a while' the thought ran through Miroku's mind as he got into a comfortable position.
Inuyasha leaned back against the rock they sat behind, but Koga stayed the way he was, sitting on his knees, ignorant of the sharp gravel he was kneeling on. They sat there for so long that even Inuyasha lost track of time.
“Okay guys, I know how we're going to do this”
Koga drew a crude map in the dirt.
“I overheard Kagome saying that they are going to give Kirara a Shard and then let her run into the woods and send Ayame in after her to find her using only her senses.”
He marked an x next to a line that represented a stream.
“Inuyasha, you are going to catch a fish and give it to Kirara after telling her to stay in a bush.”
“Sure, whatever.”
Inuyasha shrugged his shoulders.
“And what do I do?” Miroku asked.
“I'm not sure yet. I think you should stay here with me until I think of the next part.”
`This is stupid; I don't think that he is completely confident in his ability to do this to make sure Ayame fails in her training.'
Inuyasha grinned slightly.
“Okay, Inuyasha, go!”
“Yeah, yeah, I'm going', I'm going'.”
The half-demon stood up and jumped an incredible height, angling towards the forest. Slowly, he glided back down to the ground and leaped again.
Three times he did this before reaching the edge of the trees. He hadn't waited long before the little two-tail came into view, panting slightly. Moving incredibly fast, he grabbed a fish before it could react.
“Kirara, look, I have some fish.”
Inuyasha held out his hand and offered the fish. The small demon walked over to Inuyasha with the Shard in her teeth, sniffed the fish, and jumped onto a low branch that hung from an unusually low tree. She dropped the Shard and ran back to Inuyasha. After she took the fish from his hand shook her head so the fish would stop struggling, Inuyasha told her to stay in the tree.
“Okay, Kirara?”
Inuyasha asked once more to make sure she understood.
Once the demon responded with an enthusiastic trill, Inuyasha left and returned to the spot where Koga and Miroku were still listening to Sango, Kagome and Ayame. Just after he had landed, Inuyasha saw Ayame dash off towards the forest he had just left.
“Mission successful, Koga.”
“Good. Now to listen and figure out what the next phase of the plan will be.”
“Do what you want, ladies, I'm going to get something to eat back at the camp.”
Inuyasha stumbled when he first went to jump towards the small camp, which induced a laugh from both Koga and Miroku.
“Have a nice trip, Inuyasha?” Koga said as he fell on his back, laughing.
“Ha ha ha, man, that was graceful!” Miroku stated as he gasped for air.
“Oh ha, ha, ha. Very funny.” Inuyasha growled as he stood up and brushed dirt of his crimson kimono. Still angry, he jumped into the air and landed in the middle of the clearing where the camp was located, scaring Shippo.
“Whaaaaa! Earthquake!” Shippo cried as the impact of Inuyasha's landing shook him awake.
“Shut up, it's just me.” Inuyasha said as he sat down next to Shippo and opened a bag of chips.
“Don't do that! Give me a warning the next time you're going to arrive with a bang.”
“Stop whining, I didn't hurt you.”
“Whatever.” Shippo mumbled.
* * * * *
“Hmmm, that girl I spoke with, she seems like she might be connected with the one I seek. This may be a problem. I will need a way to slow her down if she tries to follow me back to the Miss.”
The demon sat cross-legged nest to the stream across from a fire over which some fish were cooking. The girl sat back against the large rock and breathed a deep sigh. She looked up at the stars and thought about her mission.
“I have only a few more nights left to get that demon. I must figure out how to do it before that girl comes to find me again.”
Snap!
A twig broke somewhere not far off in the bushes.
“Who's there?” The demon spoke as she jumped to her feet and drew her double katanas. As soon as she had spoken, a small chipmunk jumped out of the bushes into the clearing.
`Man, I'm jumping at everything now.'
Still feeling a little uneasy, she sheathed her blades and knelt down, looking the chipmunk in the eyes the whole time.
“Serve” the demon whispered the spell as she looked at the animal.
Immediately the small creature stood straight up.
Its eyes glowed with a dim blue light, the color of the demon's own aura.
“Warn me when this girl approaches.” The demon shared a mental image of Ayame with the chipmunk. The small animal chattered a response and climbed up a tree and out of sight.
“I guess I'll try to use that spell to control the girl.” The demon thought out loud.
* * * * *
“Ohhhhh, what the heck is taking her so long to report to me?”
The noble demon girl paced the courtyard back and forth, walking repeatedly past the basin in which her servant was supposed to contact her through.
Suddenly the placid surface of the liquid began to ripple.
The demon girl gasped and ran to the basin, looking into the bottom of the stone bowl. The image of her servant appeared, rippling.
`She must be contacting me through a river or something.'
“How goes your mission, Asana?” the noble demon girl asked the lower demon.
“Well, as always, Miss Kannade. I may have found a way to get at the one.”
“Good. I trust that your plan will go as you expect it to.” Kannade smiled.
“I will be back the moment I have him in my possession. Until then, Noble Demoness.” Asana lowered her head in respect.
“Yes.”
The image faded until the little one could see the bottom of the basin again. She jumped for joy and ran to find her journal.
* * * * *
“Hello? Are you here? Hello?” Ayame worked her way towards the stream where she heard the voice from before.
“Hello there. My name is Asana. And yours would be?”
“What the-?” Ayame jumped at the sudden voice and spun around, drawing her sword.
“Whoa, hang on, calm down!” Asana held up her hands in a gesture of non-hostility.
“Who are you?” Ayame demanded, not moving from her cautious stance.
“As I said, I am Asana, servant to the Clan of Noble Cloud Valley Demons. Might I have your name?” Asana spoke as she laid down her own swords.
“A-Ayame.”
`What's going on here? She reeks of power, but she isn't even giving off the slightest scent of evil intent. I don't understand. Still, I'm not going to lower my defenses so soon after meeting her. I'll just have to see what she wants.'
“I really don't want to talk to you until I know that you won't run me through with that Lotus Blade of yours.”
“What? What did you say?” Ayame questioned.
`How does she know about my Lotus Blade?'
“Yes, yes I know all about that blade. I know a lot about you, Ayame. I even know that you are in love with Koga of the Wolf Demon Tribe, who saved your life on the night of the Lunar Rainbow.”
Ayame gasped as her heart caught in her chest. Who was this woman, and what did she really want?
Ayame looked at the woman and kept her blade raised in caution.
“What do you want, really?”
The demon giggled and spoke with a voice filled with cold humor.
“Why, just look into my eyes and I will tell you.”
Not sure whether to trust her, Ayame carefully looked into Asana's icy blue eyes, feeling a little awkward.
“Serve”
* * * * *
Slowly, Ayame opened her eyes. She was lying on a blanket in the camp where she was training. She realized that she had a damp cloth on her forehead. She tried to sit up, but cried out in pain.
“Ayame, try not to move, please, your injuries are very numerous. You still aren't strong enough to move around.”
Ayame was practically forced back down by Kagome, who had come from the stream with a bucket of water.
“Kagome-san, what happened, how did I get like this?” Ayame asked as the girl replaced the cloth with a new one.
“You mean you don't? Oh no, we were hoping you did.”
“When did I end up back with you guys?” I last remember being in the woods.”
“But you were. That's where we found you, lying in a pool of blood, covered with debris from the trees and rocks form the area. A huge tree branch was crushing you, and you were totally unconscious. We had to dig you out because if we used any of our abilities, we could have killed you.”
“But what about my Lotus Blade? Were you able to retrieve it, too?”
“Fortunately, we were able to.” Sango walked over to Ayame and told her how the sheath was shattered and the blade was in fragments.
“Oh, no that blade was a gift from Gramps! I can't lose it, I just can't!” Ayame cried.
“It's okay, I sent Myoga to Totosai with a message saying that we have a sword that we need repaired.”
Ayame jumped at the sound of Inuyasha's voice.
“Thank you, all of you, you've been very kind.”
“Don't worry about it; we're just glad that you're all right.”
“That's right, Ayame. At the moment, getting you back on your feet is all that matters.”
“Here Ayame, before he died, my father showed me these berries that help you feel better.” Shippo held out a hand full of small green berries the size of cherries.
“Thank you, Shippo.” Ayame took the berries with a smile.
* * * * *
“Report, Asana. What have you as of yet accomplished?”
Asana looked into the rippling image of her mistress, sighed, and gave what information she had collected.
“I see. So you have found a tool to use in your mission. Good. Is there anything else?”
“Yes, my lady. It seems that these people have many strong bonds of friendship. If I fail, it may mean that all of us are in danger.”
“Well, then maybe you should not fail me. Dismissed, Asana.”
“Yes, my lady.”
`This may turn out to be fun.' Asana thought to herself as the image of her lady vanished.
 
 
This was my first fanfic, please read and rate, also tell me what you think, I could use some feedback since I recently joined.
 
The next chapter is coming soon, so don't think you have to wait for too long to continue reading my series. XD