InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Kiss ❯ The Kiss ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Kiss
By Majicman55
 
 
Disclaimer: No, I certainly do not own any of the characters in InuYasha.
 
 
She had done it again.
 
She didn't know why she woke so many of the times InuYasha left camp to meet Kikyo, but she did. Maybe there was something about the undead priestess' Shinidama Chuu that alerted her. Maybe it was that she was so sensitive to the hanyou that she had an almost physical reaction when he was disturbed.
 
And Kikyo was a disturbance.
 
So she had followed InuYasha to his rendezvous, guided by the swarming Shinidama Chuu. Now, once again, she was hidden within hearing distance, unable to move without being spotted.
 
Once again, she had to listen to InuYasha reaffirm his promises to Kikyo. Yes, he would avenge her against the hated Naraku. And, worst of all, yes, he would honor his promise to go to hell with her.
 
Kagome knew InuYasha would smell her tears soon.
 
Finally, there was “the kiss.” Kikyo stepped into InuYasha's arms and, with the clearing lit eerily by the Shinidama Chuu and the little floating globes that represented the souls of dead girls, they kissed.
 
Kagome wanted to look away.
 
She couldn't.
 
Finally the kiss was over and the two stepped out of their embrace.
 
“Remember our kiss, InuYasha,” said Kikyo, “for it is as real as your promises to me.”
 
“Yes, Kikyo,” replied the hanyou. “I will keep my promises.”
 
Kagome had been preparing to sneak back to camp, but now she stopped. “Promises,” she thought, her fists clenched at her sides.
 
She turned…and stepped into the clearing.
 
“Ka-Kagome?” stuttered InuYasha.
 
Kikyo's eyes narrowed. “What are you doing here?”
 
Kagome glanced at the undead miko for but a moment, then turned back to the startled hanyou.
 
“You shall not dismiss me.” Kikyo picked up her bow and knocked an arrow as Kagome stepped close to InuYasha.
 
Kagome raised one hand towards Kikyo and snapped her fingers.
 
The bowstring snapped.
 
Kagome stepped into InuYasha's arms.
 
Before he knew it, his arms were wrapped around her and her arms were around his neck, drawing him down…to…her……lips.
 
“Ka-Kagome. I ca-can't…”
 
Their lips met.
 
“Warm lips,” InuYasha thought. “Soft lips.” He felt little licks against his own and parted them slightly. “What's that?” he thought as Kagome slipped her tongue in. She parted her own lips a little more and InuYasha got the idea, tasting the sweetness of her mouth.
 
Kagome's hands were on the back of InuYasha's head and neck and she used them to draw him deeper.
 
InuYasha became acutely aware of every inch of Kagome's body that was now pressed against him, molded to him.
 
It was warm. And soft…except for those two hard points on her chest that were pushing into his…
 
InuYasha realized that he had his own hard point that was pressing into Kagome. He blushed and tried to pull away a little. Kagome growled in displeasure. One of her hands dropped from his neck, cupped his butt and pulled him forward.
 
Unfortunately, the brief separation had allowed the scent of Kagome's arousal to hit him full force. That, combined with Kagome's pulling him into close contact, caused his eyes to fly open.
 
What was happening to him?
 
In short order, his hair turned black and his ears moved to the sides of his head. He was human again. He couldn't smell Kagome's arousal anymore and it bothered him more than anything in the world. The change reversed. His ears moved back up as his hair turned white again. His violet human eyes changed back to amber. He could smell her scent again and rumbled his approval. He became afraid, though, as the change continued. His fangs lengthened, his eyes turned red and stripes appeared on his cheeks.
 
Somehow, hurting Kagome was the last thing on his mind.
 
He began to relax. His eyes turned amber again as the stripes on his face disappeared and his fangs returned to normal length.
 
Kagome broke the kiss and he whimpered. Hot breath tickled the side of his neck.
 
“That,” whispered Kagome, “is my promise.”
 
She backed away from InuYasha and moved to stand beside him, facing Kikyo, who stared at a point on the hanyou that was distinctly below his waist.
 
InuYasha looked down where Kikyo was staring. He blushed as red as his haori, but the large tent in its front just would not go away.
 
Kagome smiled at Kikyo, then turned back to the hanyou. “See you back at camp, InuYasha.” After she had walked for a minute, she looked back and smiled.
 
InuYasha was following.