InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Leather Bound Book ❯ First place: The Truest Companion ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
Disclaimer: I love the only Inuyasha related thing I own. My cute little chibi inu key-chain which lives out its happy life on my iPod making fashion statements everywhere (Ha! Take that Parris Hilton! You want something hot? Then look at my iPod cuz it's so cute and knows how to accessorize.)
 
 
Iyfic_Contest week 174: Blade
Title: The Truest Companion
Word Count: 250 (It looks longer, but I swear it is!)
Rating: E (for everyone like the video games)
Squick (????): WAFF (or fluff)
Paring: Inuyasha and his sword (...or Kagome…)

First place.


Summery: Inuyasha sharpens his blade and carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. If I did not post this the right way, please correct me so I don't do something next time!

 





A resounding shing rang through the campsite as Inuyasha ran a wet stone across the blade of his great sword, the edge glinting from the warm light of the fire. His demeanor gave nothing away, yet his eyes were pained. They were always pained.


He had lived through so much, seen too much, more then any man should.


Shing


He had seen his mother die.


Shing


He had seen the red blood drip from her wounds.


Shing


He had been abandoned as a child, learning everything on his own and protected by none.


Shing


He had been demeaned. Half-breed. Filth. Scum. Monster.



Shing


He had lived a life of solitude.


Shing


His blade was all that he had. There was nothing else that he owned: nothing that he could trust. It had literally been a part of him, hidden within his own body.


Shing


It was his one true companion. It was a burden, and it was his savior.


Shing


His blade was a giant weight, a heavy task that he had to learn how to master, how to kill and save with it.


Sh…



A hand gently laid atop his own halted his methodical movements, tiny fingers curling under to grip his hand. The skin was as soft as cherry blossom petals; a stark contrast against his callused skin, roughed by the many hardships in life. She continued the sweeping motion with him.


…Ing…


Inuyasha looked up into her eyes, and suddenly, his life did not feel so hard.