InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The lost puppy ❯ 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN: Thank you to all who hath reviewed and/ or read! ^. ^ Because of this, I have decided to update early… And to apologize for taking such a long break… Life is hectic and anything I say is going to sound like an excuse, soooo… On with the story!
Rage… He could smell it, taste it, feel it, and I made him want to rip things to shreds. The small woman who had blacked out under him wasn't providing any answers to his angry questions. Instead, all she was doing was bleeding and drooling all over him.
He stood, still pissed and answerless, and looked around the room, hoping that the wretched pink walls would yield some answers. But they were silent, bland, and irksome. Running his hands through his hair in a rare show of anger, he tried to reign in his beast but to no avail. Said beast sniggered, pushed him to the back of his mind, and locked the metaphorical cage with a twisted sense of delight.
And so Sesshomaru was helpless to stop himself from lifting the miko off of the ground and setting the same woman on the bed. With a mild sense of disgust, he wiped the drool from his person and from her -still open- mouth.
She jumped, as if being struck by a bolt of lightning, and brandished a hairbrush, waving it wildly at him, her eyes open and dilated. It was like a puppy bearing its teeth… comical, at best. He answered her terrified shouting with a single, arched eyebrow.
"Onna… you will cease and desist" Sesshomaru's beast said, a wicked smirk adorning his features. His red eyes followed her jerky movements.
"Don't you tell me to stop it! I don't know how you got here, or why you're naked, but I won't stand for it!" She said hotly, her eyes averting from him.
He laughed, a side splitting, jarring laugh that completely disarmed her, because she didn't know how to reply, and if she did, she wouldn't have. She blushed, and sighed, and rubbed her temples to try to stave off the looming headache.
"How the heck am I supposed to explain this to Inuyasha? He's going to yell, and scream, and have a friggin' conniption! And then, he's gonna raise arms and chop me into little pi-pices!"
"Inuyasha… is not that much of an idiot. He would not dare harm my mistress" Sesshomaru piped in, a malevolent laugh hidden in his words.
"I'm not your mistress! And don't call me that! Ooooh! I'm in so much trouble!"
Sesshomaru leveled a hard glare in her direction, before saying, "According to Inu law, you are my mistress. For a long while you have fed, groomed, and otherwise taken care of me. I… am steeply in your debt."
"Darn it! Well, could you, I don't know… change back to a puppy? Please?" Kagome pleaded with him, her hands clasped together in front of her in a pleading gesture.
"I will not… even if I knew how to"
Kagome looked down sadly as she cursed the gods, the demons, and whatever cosmic prankster always found her a way to get in trouble.
"I do not understand the problem. The hanyo already gave you permission to 'keep me', as you put it. He has no argument"
"He told me I could keep a demon puppy, NOT his -still hated, mind you- older brother! Unwittingly or not, I am so, so, so, so, so, so, so dead!" She got up and was pacing now.
"Cease circling around me woman, I cannot focus"
"Stop telling me to stop! Can't you see we have a catastrophe-!" Just then, Kagome tripped, falling right in front of Sesshomaru, ripping off of the collar and hitting her head on the floor.
" Ow! Sesshomaru, would it have killed you to catch me? As fast as you friggin' are, should have been no problem"
Rubbing her forehead, Kagome gasped as she found a very pissed looking puppy. Clasping her hands in front of her, she took back her curse and thanked the gods.
"It's the collar. It made you change back!" Kagome said softly. Growling, she continued,
"Jaken's got some explaining to do"
With that, she hopped up from her bed, grabbed her bags, the collar, and a spare pair of shoes, before leaving the house, and jumping into the blue light of the well.
Well? Love it? Hate it? Lemme know, so I can fix it! Also, a person commented that they thought that the last chapter was a bit rushed, so I *tried* to slow down a bit. I will update this about once a week after this chapter, excluding next week probably. It may or may not be that regular.