InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The lost puppy ❯ 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Oooooook… So, it was pointed out to me that I forgot to mention that Kagome picked up “Gin” as well. Oops. Well, Human error has struck again, so please don't beat me with my own body parts, and excuse my faux pas.
..Ks…sK
Looking down at the little puppy under her arm, Kagome was practically fuming. Supplies refilled, Pokey stash obtained, and yet…
She was going to kill Jaken. That was all there was to it.
“Sessh… I mean Gin, will you transform so that I may quickly get to the group. The longer it takes my stupid human legs to get there, the longer it takes for me to find out a way to make you… you again, I guess”
The glare she received from the dog was completely uncalled for. What had she done to the stupid inu? Sighing and leaning down Kagome smiled at the little dog, before throwing out her bargaining chip.
“I… I'll give you another bath and rub you down until you are a happy, tail-wagging mess” She said with a forced smile and a pulsating vein on the back of her head. The dog reluctantly complied, silver flames rising up around him, shimmering and radiant. The giant, red-eyed dog that met her was unexpected, as was his razor-sharp teeth, gently clamping down on the scruff of her shirt, and the tossing of his head to lift her off of the ground, only to be placed on his back with a slightly jarring lurch.
Slipping this way and that, Kagome scrambled to grab a tuft of fur so as not to fall. Suddenly, muscles rippled under her fingers and they moved forward. The dog wagged his tail as Kagome giggled girlishly at his smooth fur. It was fun, so high above the ground; fun to be swaying on a beast that she had just learned was supposed to be one of her worst and most hated enemies. Sighing at the irony that was her life, Kagome jumped at the harsh bark that met her ears.
“Sorry, didn't realize that we were here already.” Kagome said as she slid off the speedy beast.
Looking around the village, Kagome narrowed her eyes as she located the object of her ire. Running after the (now squawking) toad, she grabbed the back of his robe, pulling him up to her eye level. She smiled devilishly. She started walking out of the village, him squawking and begging to be put down, until she stopped walking, certainly thinking that she was out of ear shot of the others.
“You… You have some explaining to do, my dear, dear toad. And I want your explanations now” Kagome said, shaking the little twerp a bit for effect.
Jaken blubbered, sobbed, growled, threatened, snarled, and hissed, before Kagome got a straight answer from the annoying little thing. Sobbing, incoherently, Kagome had to threaten death to the toad twice before he got it together enough, to a point where she could piece together his answer:
“Ka… Kagome! Infernal wench! Release me… Okay! Okay… So the so exalted one was leading us through the forest, that lofty glare upon his brow, and he had kicked me once again. The infernal witch-child called Rin had laughed at my expense, and I, in my foolish anger, had cast a spell in her direction. Unfortunately, she dodged the spell, and it careened toward milord, and it struck him. I rushed to this village, hoping that you might be able to help me. Please, kind-“ At this point, Kagome aimed her foot toward his face, and unfortunately, it hit. The toad-beast fell to the ground with a thud, a goose egg upon his forehead.
“Okay… This lowly vassal deserved that. But that is not all. I, in my utter stupidity, called the other lords to help. All that they did was smirk and demand a tax from the West, in all of our vulnerability.”
Looking at the little worm, Kagome could only stare at him in awe… Was he brain dead or something?!
KS. SK
Okaaaaay… Love it? Hate it? Want to kill me because I'm a horrid author? Lemme know it with a review!