InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Marching Dragons ❯ A night Out ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Marching Dragons

Chapter Three: A Night Out

{Disclaimer: I own nothing. Nada, zip, zilch.}

Authors Note: Hey everyone, this is Adish, Flame's muse filling in for her. I want to apologize for Flame about not updating recently. She didn't start on her cosplay for Otakon until a few weeks before hand and then left for the hotel she was staying at. ::looks over at the bed where Flame is snoring:: I feel bad for her roommates. ::Begins to mumble stuff about Sesshoumaru:: Anywho, I'm writing the chapter for once, hope you enjoy.

-Adish

~~*~=~*~=~*~~

Once again the moment I started the car Gome turned the radio on. Juan sat quietly in the back seat the whole time. "So were are we headed?"

"Red Robin's." The hamburger place? It figures. I sighed and turned on the highway on our way. The ride was as quiet as Juan, except for Gome's singing of course. Not that I mind or anything, her voice was heavenly. It didn't take us long to park in the parking lot and meet up with the other members of the drum line.

Together we entered and the waitress took us immediately to a table. Chris, Drew, and Randi all sat on one side while Juan, Gome, and myself sat o the other. We all looked over our menus and decided what we wanted. "I'm going to get the Whisky River Barbeque Berger." Chris said smugly.

"The Whisky River Barbeque Chicken sounds better." Gome pointed out.

"I rather like their normal Cheese Burgers." Drew stated.

"Regular Hamburger for me." Randi smiled.

"Southwestern Chili Burger." Juan said.

"I have to agree with Gome." They all looked at me and I shrugged. "I like chicken."

"All right! Someone's with me!" Gome threw her arms around me and I sighed.

"Please don't touch me." She smirked wickedly as she poked around my body as close as she could without touching.

"I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you." Thankfully the waitress appeared.

"Hi, my name's Jess and I'll be your waitress this evening. Can I start you off with anything to drink?"

"Yes." Gome spoke up. "We'll all have chocolate malts please."

"Okay, are you ready to order?" We all told her what we wanted, a few asking for certain ingredients taken off and such. Everyone started talking after that. Just about life in general, school, classes, homework, family. Then Chris asked Gome something I wanted to hit him for.

"How's your mom?" Gome froze and her shoulders tensed in worry.

"Pretty bad. She's back in the hospital." She lowered her head just as our malts came.

"Cheer up." I said. I don't know why I spoke up, and maybe I'll never know. "She'll get better. She's just as strong as you are. Where do you think you got it from?" Gome looked at me and smiled sadly.

"Do you really think so?"

"I believe it with all my heart." Chris coughed and we all looked at him. He sent a glare at me and I glared right back. Our food came soon and we ate as we talked.

"So, Shou…" Randi spoke up taking a sip of her malt. "What are your plans for after high school?"

"I'm planning on going to college so I can become the next CEO of my father's company."

"What company's that?" Drew asked.

"West Corp. Industries." Everyone froze.

"WCI? There's no way you're dad's Inutaishou of WCI." This from Chris.

"Oh? I have a picture." I pulled out my wallet and took out the picture of our family from Christmas.

"Wow…" They all huddled around it and gasped. "Is that Inuyasha?"

"It is. He's related to Inuyasha."

"Yes, Gome said so."

"So he's the anal retentive asshole half-brother."

"I already told you that."

"He's right there guys, he can here us."

"He looks like a wimp."

"What did I just say?" The talk continued as such. Everyone putting in their two cents until they were done and handed me back the picture. They all looked at me, and suddenly I didn't feel so hated. Please tell me they're not out for our money.

"So…" Chris flicked at a piece of fake dirt. "You have connection with Kikyou." I didn't like where this was going, and neither did Gome apparently.

"Guys…"

"Shou, can you help us make Kikyou's life a living hell?" I chance to anger Inuyasha?

"Of course." Gome sighed and hid her face in her hands.

"No you too." I didn't say anything as our meals arrived. I must say, I don't believe I've had this much fun in a restaurant since I went with my mother.

Chris was intent on eating his fries first, and of course they gave us a new ketchup bottle. As in most restaurants, this was one of those glass bottles where you can never get the stuff out, and he was using a knife to get it flowing; it wasn't helping much. Everyone else was talking and not paying attention until he lifted it up to see what he was doing and the red sauce ran out of the bottle and all over his face.

Everyone started laughing as they tried to wipe the blood colored stuff off his visage. I've never known anyone who did that. Gome was gripping her sides once we ran out of napkins and Chris announced he was going to clean up. I watched as he walked off to the bathroom. It was only then Drew realized I never laughed through the whole thing.

"What's wrong? Didn't you think that was funny?" I shrugged my shoulders and Gome stopped laughing and sat up straight.

"What's wrong Shou?"

"Nothing."

"Why didn't you laugh then?" She pointed over to the table next to us where people where getting over their own laughter as well. "Even those strangers thought it was funny."

"I don't laugh at most things."

"Really?" She got a sly look in her eyes and cocked her head to the side. "So I guess that means you're not ticklish then?"

"I've never been ticklish."

"Why don't we test that theory then." She smirked and began moving her fingers in wiggling motions across my skin in normal ticklish spots. I sighed and looked board as she refused to give up, and I'm not sure I'm glad she did or not. When her fingers past my lower back I stiffened and made a noise. She stopped for a second and looked at me. I tried to look as board as ever, but she just smirked at me. "Not ticklish, huh?"

"I know not of what you speak of." Her smirked widened and she placed both hand on my lower back and started the wiggling motion again. I tried to think of something else. I tried to ignore it. Heck, I even tried to pull her hands away, but it was no use. I small chuckle escaped my lips and I could just see her smile widen. That was the last straw. No one had been able to get me to laugh except for my mother, and no one was going to start now.

I grabbed her wrists and leaned her back as I leaned forward. I stared directly into her widened, surprised eyes. "Don't." I spoke low and dangerous. I wanted to make sure my point was understood. She nodded quickly and I let her go. Chris came back at that moment and look at everyone.

"What did I miss?" No one spoke as he sat down. The meal finished in near silence. There was talk about the up coming parade and projects and such, but not much else. Soon I placed my napkin in the basket my food was served in and everyone turned their eyes to me.

"It's getting very late and there is school tomorrow. I believe we should head home now."

"Good idea." Drew said. "See ya guys." He left and as if on queue everyone else started too as well. Soon, it was down to Gome and myself again. Juan lived down the rode and walked home. I listened again as Gome sang and told me directions to her house. As her house started getting closer though, she started looking sad again.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Liar." She sighed and cracked.

"I don't wanna go home yet."

"All right then." I turned the car around and she looked at me.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking you somewhere else for a while."

"But…sleep and school…and…"

"You said yourself geniuses don't need as much sleep. I think we'll be fine." She smiled and started singing again. Unlike earlier, when I had no idea where to go, I had somewhat of a plan this time. I parked in front of WCI headquarters twenty minutes later and turned the car off.

"Why are we at your father's work?"

"You'll see." We got out of the car and entered the tall glass structure. I nodded to the secretary, as she was packing up to leave on our way to the elevator and hit the `up' button.

"Seriously, Shou, why are we here?" I didn't say anything and she sighed. "Fine." She crossed her arms over her chest and started pouting. Normally I would find people pouting annoying and irritating, but strangely not when she did it. What was I about this girl that made the most insufferable things suddenly all right?

Once the elevator arrived we got in and I pressed the button for the top floor. The ride was in silence. Gome was still pouting and I was ignoring her. When the elevator opened again I took her hand and walked through the long line of desks and cubicles. We soon found our way to the stairs and I opened the door. I motioned for her to go ahead and slowly she did.

I watched from behind as Gome walked up the steps in wonder. She was no longer pouting, which I was quite glad for. Once Gome reached the door at the top of the stairs she stopped. "What now?" She asked and I sighed.

"You open it. That is after all, that's what doors were made for." She looked at me flatly and turned the knob. She stepped out onto the room of the building and gasped. I knew what she was seeing even though I was still in the stairway. The roof of the building hade the most perfect view of the city. It overlooked all and the lights look like little starts on the Earth's surface. I walked out onto the roof as well and laid down on the concrete as I had done many other times in my life since my mother's death.

"Shou…this is amazing."

"If you wish I will speak to the security about letting you up here whenever you wish." She turned and looked down at me.

"Really?"

"That's what I said." She smiled and lied down beside me.

"Thank you." I looked up at the stars and relaxed. Ever since I could remember the sight of stars relaxed me. I never understood why, I probably had something to do with my mother, but I don't know. "Shou?" Gome's voice entered my head.

"Yes?"

"Do you really think my mom will be okay?"

"I'm sure of it." She didn't say anything after that and we just laid there for an hour watching the stars together. I sat up and looked to the girl that had already started to effect me on ways only my mother could have and let a small smile grace my features. She had fallen asleep sometime while watching the starts.

I picked her up and carried her down to my car. Carefully I placed her in the front seat and buckled her in. Walking around the car I did the same to myself and turned the sound on the radio off before I turned the car on. I didn't want to wake her just yet. I racked my brain for the directions to her house and started the car.

It didn't take very long to get there. Not many people were on the road and thus, traffic was fine. Once I got to her house I reached over and gently shook her awake. "Gome. Gome, it's time to wake up." She stirred and looked at me.

"Huh?"

"You fell asleep. I drove you home."

"Oh." She blushed and unbuckled her belt. "Thank you." She opened the car door and got out. "I'll see you tomorrow then." She smiled one last time before she ran up the sidewalk and walked inside her house.

I backed up and sighed. How is it I've gotten so soft in such a short time? What has this girl done to me?