InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Marching Dragons ❯ Sleepover ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Marching Dragons

Chapter Seven: Sleepover

 

 

{Disclaimer: I don't own any of this. I wish I did, especially Sesshie.}

 

Authors Note: Okay here we go, another chapter. Hopefully I'll be able to write a lot of this relatively soon. I had a bit of heart break recently and wasn't able to write for a while. Forgive me. ::sigh:: See if you can figure out who picked what movie. There's some fluff, so be happy. I hope you enjoy, review responses are below, ja.

 

mandy: See, lookies! They're all together. You're right, they're not as close as I would wish, but it'll change.

 

Tsuki Yume: I managed to get the third movie through fansub. The place I went to though wasn't very good. Great prices, bad subtitles. It's really good though, you should see if another distributor has it. If not, you can find it on animeasia.com. The ending song is so good, you should seriously get it.

 

-Flame

 

~~*~=~*~=~*~~

 

The doorbell rang again for the fourth time that night. I looked up from my book as a crash sounded from downstairs. Can't a man read in his own room on a Saturday in peace? I stuck a post-it note on my page and opened my door to yell at Inuyasha.

I sighed as music snuck up the stairs from the rooms below. It would figure that he would have a party going on. Turning to go and ignore them I heard my name called. My eyes widened as Gome pounced on me as I turned to face her.

"Why aren't you downstairs?"

"I do not plan on going to one of Inuyasha's parties."

"Okay…what if it were my party?"

"I do not party period."

"Oh please." She asked plastering puppy dog eyes on her face.

"No."

"You're really no fun, you know that?"

"I've been told many times." I turned and tried to head back to my room.

"Pretty please Shou. I really want you to join in." Why? No one's ever wanted that, or at least none of Inuyasha's friends. I'm just the cold older brother that you don't want to anger or get the attention of.

"Why?"

"Because Shou, you're our friend just as much as Inuyasha is. We're having a movie sleepover night and we want you there." I stared at her for a long moment. No one's ever wanted me at a party because I was their friend. The only party I ever remember being invited to was about five years ago and they only wanted me there because the host's older sister thought I was hot and wouldn't tell their parents if he got me to come. I was such a fool when I was younger. Could it really be that these people truly want me there for who I am not what I look like?

I turned and started off to my room when I felt Gome on my arm. "Please Shou."

"If you would let me go and turn off my reading light I will." God I don't know why I don't just lock myself in there instead and ignore them all. Yes I do. Ever since then I've been uncomfortable and near frightened to go to parties. I was little, it traumatized me. I don't like the fact I feel this way. So I'm proving to myself that I can do this.

"Thank you!" She quickly hugged me from behind and I shook my head as she ran downstairs. I walked into my room and over to my bed. I turned the little dial on the small lamp clipped to the headboard on my bed and walked out of my sanctuary. Was I really making the right decision here? God I hope so. I noticed that the music has stopped once I left the confines of my room.

I followed Gome's path, only at a much slower pace than she, and found them all in the parlor lying about in some of the most abnormal positions I've seen in a while. Inuyasha was lying in the middle of the floor spread eagle with Gome lying across his stomach. Miroku was lying on the back of the couch with Shippou lying upside down below him. Sango was sitting in a butterfly position with her back on the ground and her legs in the air. Kikyou was the only normal person here. She was sitting in one of the chairs with her back resting against one arm and her legs hanging over the other. She was glaring at Gome, most likely for the fact that she was lying on Inuyasha. Why do the oddballs have to want to be my friends?

I shook my head as I entered the room and sat down on the floor with my back resting against the couch a few spaces away from Shippou. "Now that everyone's here." Gome spoke up raising up from Inuyasha and walking over to the big screen television set against the wall in the center of the room. "We get to choose the movie we see first." She kneeled next to a large stack of DVDs. It seamed that everyone brought one movie. "Wait! Shou, you need to place your movie in the pile." Included in this too, my, my, wonders never cease. What makes her think I even have a favorite movie, which I suppose this is all about? I stood and walked over to the glass entertainment center to the right of the television where all of Inuyasha's game systems, games, and all of the DVDs the family had collected over time were kept. I kneeled down to snag the last DVD on the last shelf. The only movie I ever asked for.

I tossed it at Gome and she stuck it on top of the pile. "Okay, we have The Last Samurai, Hidalgo, The Ring, Samurai X, Kate & Leopold, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Dogma."

"I'm thinkin' we should watch The Ring at night." Inuyasha made a valid point. I looked out the window at the bright sunlight streaming through the windows. It was only about early to mid-afternoon, not an ideal time for a horror flick.

"How about Monty Python then?" Miroku suggested.

"No. That's the kind of movie we have to be too high on caffeine to fully enjoy all the humor of it." Sango smirked.

"No it's not." He protested. "I watch it at all hours of the day."

"My point made."

"My dear Sango, I'm so hurt you'd think so lowly of me." He placed a hand on his chest and I shook my head. I wanted to come down why?

"How about The Last Samurai then?" Gome suggested. "I haven't seen it yet and I wanna see how they depicted home." Everyone nodded and she popped the DVD in. Grabbing the remote, but instead of making her way over to Inuyasha she came over towards me. Kikyou stood and moved into Inuyasha's lap and Gome shook her head. "You don't mind me here, do you?" She asked me while pushing the menu button to skip over the previews. I swear, you watch movies to get away from commercials and such and they have to go and put them before the bloody movie, it's irritating.

"No." She smiled and I felt something I couldn't describe in my chest and focused on the movie, which was harder than it normally would be. I couldn't help but look at Gome to see her reaction, after all, it was my favorite movie. I watched Gome's expression as they entered the village of the Samurai. She was in awe of the place, I had to agree. I've never seen a more beautiful, peaceful place before.

"So pretty…" I hear her whisper. Good, I take it she's liking it. The movie ended with Gome near tears and everyone else having a deeper respect for the Japanese. Kikyou smirked in Inuyasha's arms and looked over towards her step-sister.

"What's wrong, crying for your lost ancestors, slant-eye?"

"Kikyou don't even start with me." She said whipping the welled tears away from her irises. "Someone like you could never understand. That movie captured the heart and soul of the samurai, and for your information, our great grandfather died in that battle."

"Yours did, not mine."

"Don't you consider my dad yours?"

"No." She looked offended at the mere thought of being related to Gome by blood.

"Don't fight, please." Inuyasha begged. At least he had enough brains not to like where this was going as much as I was. Why is it that Kikyou hates Gome so much. It's not like she stole one of her parents. I hear that her step-mom doesn't like her all that much either.

"So what are we watching next?" Sango asked trying to change the subject.

"I vote for Kate & Leopold." Kikyou said folding her arms over her chest. I groaned at the idea. I despise chick flicks. I hate them with such a passion. Maybe it's because that's all Inuyasha's mother will watch? Who really knows?

"Please no." Shippou cringed. "Lets save that for last." I agree, as I'm sure all the other guys are.

"Then how about Dogma? I think we all could use a laugh right about now." The world is falling into chaos, Inuyasha had a good idea. The large group that had made their way into out house nodded and Gome moved to pop in the newly selected DVD. She crawled back over to me as she once again hit the menu button. No one cares about the previews already, get it through your head. She hit the play button as she settled down and reclined against the back of the couch.

"Have you seen this movie before?" She asked as the credits started rolling. I shook my head and she smiled, something I've decided I like to see her do. "It's really funny." I shrugged it off, and didn't really take her seriously until the movie actually started.

When the Golgothan, the shit-demon came on the screen and the scene played out Gome ended up leaning against my arm for support as she laughed. I have to admit, I nearly laughed a few times myself. I mean, this is really weird, only Gome or one of her friends would have such a movie in their possession. I didn't mind Gome using me to help her stay upright though. Normally I would, but not this time. In fact I felt kind of tingly where she was touching me, like an army of ants were crawling up my arm.

The movie ended a while later with many other sections where Gome leaned against me and I had to struggle to hold in my laughter. It was only then as the credits were rolling that I noticed how dark the room had become. I looked out the window to see the sun gone and the street lights outside begin to turn on.

"Well, how does pizza sound for dinner?" Inuyasha asked with a smirk. It was rather interesting watching everyone, including Kikyou gag at the suggestion. "I was kidding. How's Chinese?"

"Sounds great." Shippou spoke up. "I'll have beef lo mein." He smiled.

"Shrimp egg foo young for me." Sango added.

"Woh, woh, wait a sec." Inuyasha said as he ran and got a pen and paper. "Okay, beef lo mein, shrimp egg foo young…" He looked towards Miroku.

"Vegetable fried rice." He wrote that down and looked at Kikyou.

"Steamed moo goo gai pan." That too went on the pad and he looked at Gome.

"What place are we ordering from?"

"Café Hong Kong."

"Oh, cool, I'll have the Sashimi then." He turned to me once that was written.

"Lemon chicken." He nodded and walked into the kitchen.

"You guys decide on a movie while I order!" He yelled from the other room.

"Don't forget to ask for chopsticks!" Gome yelled back.

"So what next?" Shippou asked moving over to the DVD stack. He took out the Dogma DVD and placed it back in its case.

"How about Samurai X?" Miroku suggested. "I don't think anyone here's seen it."

"Of course not, it's one of slant-eyes' animes." Gome glared at Kikyou and sighed.

"She's right, it is one of my animes. It only has like four episodes though and lasts about two hours long."

"So we're getting cultural information." Sango added. "Besides, I'm all for it if you don't want to see it Kikyou." I smirked at that. I now understand why the others in the drumline want to make Kikyou's life a living hell. She has no right to treat Gome the way she does.

"Don't cross me, Sango."

"Ooh…what ya gonna do? Sick Inuyasha on me?"

"Guys please stop!" Gome yelled. "No fighting." Thankfully Inuyasha returned and everyone stopped.

"So did ya choose a movie?"

"Samurai X." Shippou said placing the DVD in the player.

"Kay." He said, resuming his spot next to Kikyou.

"Hey guys, can we have it sub please? The dub burns my ears." All but Kikyou nodded and we started watching it. I have to admit, it wasn't like I thought it was going to be. For one it was a lot bloodier than I expected Gome to be interested in. By the time the second episode ended and Shippou was putting in the second disk the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Kikyou offered. "That way I don't have to watch more." She held out her hand to Inuyasha for money which he promptly gave her. She has him wrapped around her finger so tight it's saddening. Gome sighed and sat back against me as the second DVD started. It didn't take too long for Kikyou to return with our food.

She opened the bag as she sat in the center. She passed out the food as the others were watching the anime. I have to admit, I wasn't sure I would like anime. I mean I've seen the anime club at school in the halls and stuff, and they scare me. I'm not one to admit that freely, but they do.

By the time we had all finished eating, the anime was over. It wasn't as long as Gome said. Then again we skipped the openings and endings. "I'm done with movies." Sango groaned. I have to agree. I'm tired of sitting here.

"I think everyone is, Sango." Shippou laughed.

"I brought a game." Gome mentioned. We all watched her as she stood and walked over to the pile of belongings I had missed earlier. She started digging in an overly large yellow backpack and pulled out a white box.

"Please tell me that's not what I think it is." Kikyou groaned.

"Well, what do you think it is?" She asked coming back with, of all games twister.

"It is. God, I am so not playing."

"I'm all for it." Miroku smirked. "And we'll all get to stretch out our sore muscles."

"Why do I have a feeling you have something else in mind other than stretching?"

"My dear Sango, you wound me." He placed a hand on his chest as he look at his girlfriend. "To think that you would suspect such ulterior motive from me hurts."

"She doesn't suspect, she knows. You're a letch Miroku."

"You too Inuyasha?" He sighed and shook his head. "Lets just play. I take it you'll be spinner Kikyou?" She nodded and I have a feeling that I'm stuck playing with the rest of them. Inuyasha and Miroku opened the box and started spreading the mat out on the floor as the rest of us moved the furniture around to make more than enough room. The last thing we wanted to happen was someone slipped and cracked their head open on a table or chair.

By the time we were ready, Kikyou was sitting on the chair she was originally in and we were standing around the mat. I was facing Miroku on one of the longer sides. Gome and Shippou were to my left and Inuyasha and Sango were on my right. We stood there waiting for Kikyou to call out a name and a color.

"Inuyasha; left hand blue." And so the game began.

"Sango; right foot green."

"Miroku; right hand red."

"Shippou; left foot yellow."

"Slant-eyes; left hand red."

"Shou; right foot blue." It didn't take long for as many people as there were to end up tangled as anything. I ended up above Gome with Miroku behind her and Sango behind him. Inuyasha was already out as well as Shippou.

"Hey there." I said to Gome as Sango took her turn.

"Hey. How ya hangin'?"

"Could be better." That was when chaos happened. Gome `eeped' and jerked up, knocking into me. I lost my balance and she fell as I fell on top of her. I heard Miroku take in a sharp intake of breath as he too fell. Sango stood and jumped around us chanting `I win!'

I pushed up quickly so I didn't crush Gome anymore than I had to and looked down. "Are you all right?"

"Could be better." She smiled up at me and again I felt that feeling within my chest. How is it that she can make me feel that way? I helped her up and look concerned.

"What happened? You jumped up."

"Miroku groped me."

"I thought you were my dear Sango." He smirked and I narrowed my eyes. How dare he touch her in such a way. Why do I even care? I snorted and walked over to the movies.

"Lets finish these so we can go to bed." Surprisingly everyone agreed. We put in Monty Python and while Miroku was starting it up the others got dressed in their pajamas. Sango wore a knee length nightgown and Kikyou wore a thigh length one. Gome though wore a baggy tee-shit and boxers. Do I even want to know why she's wearing boys' underwear? The other guys, as well as myself wore much the same thing, though I believe it was for the females' benefit only. I for one sleep in the nude, I'm sure the others do as well…maybe not Shippou, but defiantly Miroku and Inuyasha.

We quickly finished the British comedy, which I for one didn't find all that funny. The next movie to be placed in was ­Hidalgo. The woman loved it. I thought it was okay. I liked the historical facts in it. Inuyasha looked boars to tears, but Kikyou was into it so he tried to seem at least a bit interested. Then it was time for The Ring.

Dear God it was odd. Gome was definitely scared. She was latched onto my arm through a large portion of it. Again, I didn't mind that she was touching me. I just don't understand why. She even buried her head into my arm more than once and I only placed my hand there and soothed her hair. I hate what's happening to me. I've spent so long trying to be aloof and here comes one woman and she destroys all I've worked for.

It was well passed three in the morning by the time Kikyou put ­Kate & Leopold on. I found out one good thing though. Gome don't have the stomach for chick flicks. I don't know whether I'm glad about that or not. I do know that as soon as it started she made a few mean comments about the movie and leaned against me. It wasn't long before she fell asleep upon my shoulder.

I looked down and smiled. I don't know what it is about this girl that effects me so, and I'm not sure if I like it or not. I suppose as long as nothing bad comes out of this everything's fine. Besides, it's not like the other drumline members will let me get close to her anymore than I have. A slight pain came over me as I thought about that. Please don't tell me I care about her. I closed my eyes and saw her face beneath my lids. It's true…God, I'm falling in love with the girl, if I haven't already. I just got myself stuck in an unrequited love.

How could I be so stupid?