InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Marching Dragons ❯ You Gotta Get With My Friends ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Marching Dragons
Chapter Fourteen: You Gotta Get With My Friends
 
{Disclaimer: If I owned this, I wouldn't be using quarters to buy pocky, now would I? The song Shabondama is owned my Morning Musume.}
 
Authors Note: ::growls:: Stupid people suck. They need to die. My boyfriend was almost arrested for kidnapping on Friday. Why? Because, his friend came over saying he was kicked out of the house. Then the next day his mom called in a missing person's report and the cops where looking for him. ::sighs:: I'm just glad everything worked out okay…well…except for his friend. I'm gonna kill him the next time I see him. ::smiles evilly::
-Flame
 
~~*~=~*~=~*~~
 
I rolled over and groaned. Deep down I knew I had to get up, especially since someone was knocking on the door. I just didn't want to. I didn't seep well last night; I was haunted with images of Kagome. When trying to ignore them I started reading. I ended up reading until six in the morning.
 
“I'm coming.” I grunted and hauled myself to the door. I so did not want to be up right now. “Yes?” I opened the door and blinked. It took me a second or two before I realized Kagome stood ahead of me in the door way. “Kagome?”
 
“H-hai…” She started blushing and her gaze wondered downward. It took another second or two for me to realize I was still in my pajamas; boxers, just boxers.
 
“Oh God!” I jumped inside and ran to the bathroom where a robe was. I heard the door close as I walked out of the bathroom, now fully covered. Kagome was once again sitting on my bed, her blush gone. “Sorry about that.”
 
“It's fine. I've seen Inuyasha worse.” I would have to hurt him for that later. “I'm surprised you weren't up yet, it's almost one.”
 
“I had a rough night.” I grabbed some clothes from the closet and headed back to the bathroom to change. “I'll be right out.” Dressing quickly I finished the dressing process, brushed teeth and everything in two or so minutes. I walked out of the bathroom with my brush and began to coiffure the mass. Kagome laughed and I looked up. “What's so funny?”
 
“Come here.” She took the brush from my hand as I sat on the bed next to her. She started brushing my hair, and I have to say, I've never felt anything so relaxing. Closing my eyes I forgot about staying with father, waking up late, and having Kagome see me in my boxers. I must have been really out of it. By the time she was done she giggled again.
 
“What now?” When I turned my head to look at her something was missing. My hair was not in the way. No…“You…you didn't cut it, did you?”
 
“No. I like your hair. I braided it.” I reached behind me and indeed felt the braid. My hair's never been braided before. “I like it like this.” I'll keep that in mind.
 
“So we're going to see you're friends today?” She smiled and nodded.
 
“Not only that, but my band too.”
 
“You have a band?”
 
“Yeah.” She smiled. “It's been a while since I've been able to practice with them in person, it's going to interesting.” Suddenly I remembered long ago when she asked me to sing with her. She said she needed to rehearse the timing. Does she practice her parts of the song alone? How does that work?
 
“It'll be nice to meet them.” She smiled and we hurried out the door. Getting into the all important taxi she told the driver where to head. I looked out the car window as we left the big city and into one of the suburbs around Tokyo. The cab stopped in front of one of the houses.
 
“Here we are.” I paid the driver as Kagome ran to the door. She didn't even have to knock before the door swung open and people came pouring out. Everyone grabbed Kagome and hugged her. I tried not to growl or snarl as the males touched her. She smiled and chatted for a bit then turned to me. “Guys, this is Shou, my boyfriend. Shou meet my band. This is Kouga.”
 
The boy had long black hair in a high pony tail much like my father's. His blue eyes glared at me and I had a feeling that he didn't like me, just like the drumline at first. “This is Hojo.” She introduced the other boy.
 
Hojo was much nicer than Kouga. He had short brown hair and naïve filled brown eyes. He smiled and bowed. He was happy to meet me, or most likely happy to meet anyone Kagome cares for. “This is Kirara.”
 
The blonde bowed and showed off her blacked streaks. Her eyes looked annoyed, but that might just be because of their color. They were such a light brown they almost looked red-ish at times. “And, lastly De.”
 
This girl looked much like Hojo, but with longer hair, down to her shoulders, and green eyes. “Hey.” She was the only one to say something to me. Fixing her glasses she looked over at Kagome. “Okay we met him, can we get to work now?”
 
“No! I wanna know why this guy thought he could steal my woman.” I narrowed my eyes at Kouga and growled. I'm sure that if Kagome was seeing someone else she wouldn't have agreed to go out with me.
 
“Kouga, you know I'm not your woman.”
 
“Not yet, but you will be.” He walked over to her and encircled his arms around her. “Kagome, I've missed you so much and pined away daily only to find you've been unfaithful? Ah well, America must be a dangerous place and you got him to be your body guard, in that case I forgive you.” I was about to go over there and hurt him, very painfully and very slowly when De stepped in.
 
“Kouga, shut the hell up.” She hit him upside the head and pulled him away from Kagome. “She doesn't like you that way. Never has, never will. Deal with it.”
 
“You don't know what you're talking about.”
 
“Kouga, may I remind you that it was this behavior to begin with that made the final decision for Kagome to take the offer of studying overseas?” Kirara glared. “Don't you dare start back up.” The man snorted and turn around, heading for the house.
 
“Are we going to practice or what?” With a head shake everyone walked inside. Kagome grabbed my arm and looked up at me and I blinked. I have a feeling these people are going to be just as judgmental and protective as the drumline was.
 
“Sorry about Kouga. He has this thing for me.”
 
“I noticed.” She sighed and I kissed her forehead.
 
“Don't worry; I didn't take anything he said to heart.” This was true. If Kagome liked him she'd be with him, not me. If he touches her again though, I'll kill him.
 
“Okay.” She brightened up and led us into a large room filled with instruments. Everyone was in there designated area, I guess, and Kagome kissed me before heading up to the microphone. She looked at the group and nodded. Kouga clicked his sticks four times and the band began to play.
 
“Ai suru hito wa anata dake. Dare mo jama sasenai.” Kagome closed her eyes and began to sing. It was better than that time in the auditorium. I smiled as I watched her continue. “Ai no SHABON ni dakarete. Watashi dake no anata…”
 
“Nano ni, doko ni ittan da yo~” De came in and the music picked up.
 
“Naite sumu nara    Naki yagare. Subete no koi wa    Shabondama.” Kagome danced to the beat, forgetting everything around. “Koi wo suru nara. Kono tsugi wa. Anta mei gi no koi wo shina” The music slowed as did Kagome's dance. “Shabondama.”
 
“Ai!” De yelled and the music picked up once again, the males came in: “um da shabondama la la la la~” As Kagome resumed her dance. I was entranced watching them perform. Most bands that can only practice every once in a while aren't all that great, but these guys were overwhelming. If they ever had a concert I would pay big bucks just to get in.
 
The song ended and Kagome looked behind her at the band. “Do you think we can practice some of the new stuff now?”
 
“Sure.” Kirara smiled. “What song?”
 
“Lest see…” She thought for a moment then looked at me. “Have you heard any of them Shou?”
 
“One I think. Remember when I was in the auditorium with you? Before I walked in you where singing something.”
 
“Oh…” She blushed. “That's a work in progress still.”
 
“You working on a new song and not tell us Kags?” De asked.
 
“Don't I always?” She smiled and thought for a little longer. “How about Dame, Dreams Come True, Otome Ranman, Akai Iitsutae or Ultra Relax. Those are the ones I've been working on.” I sat as they came to a decision. I had a feeling that this was going to take a while, not that I minded, I rather liked watching Kagome perform.
 
“Well…” Hojo piped up after a while. “It would be nice to play Akai Iitsutae…”
 
“But Ayame quit.” De finished.
 
“Quit?! Why?” Kagome was shocked, was this Ayame person important?
 
“She couldn't handle Kouga's infatuation with you anymore.” Kirara glared at the man in question.
 
“Great…” She sighed. “No more flute player.”
 
“How about Dame?”
 
“Sounds good to me.” I leaned back in my seat and watched them practice for the next few hours. If I thought the song they played first was good, their other where even better. I couldn't believe how good they where with how little practice they got together.
 
With a yawn Kagome came up to me. “Sorry today was so boring.”
 
“I didn't think so. I rather enjoyed listening. You all are very good.”
 
“Thanks.” She smiled.
 
“Would your friends care to join us for dinner?” I asked looking at my watch. It was about seven and I was sure they where as hungry as I was if not more so. “My treat.”
 
“Hey guys. Shou wants to treat us to dinner, any takers?” Every one wanted to come and so we all hopped into a taxi and drove off to the city.
 
“So Shou,” De looked at me pointedly watching my every movement. “How'd you meet Kags?” Ah, the interrogation. I answered as fully as I could and hoped it was good enough for them.
 
“What do you plan on doing after graduation?” This from Kirara.
 
“I plan on taking over my father's company.”
 
“Oh?” Kouga snorted as we got out at the restaurant Kagome and I went to with father the night before. “Daddy's little boy?”
 
“Stop it Kouga.” Kagome sent him a warning look.
 
“No.” I glared. “It's just a wise decision for the future.”
 
“What company is it?” Hojo inquired. “My father works for ECI.” He smiled like it was a big deal. I guess it was. ECI was the only other large company now that WCI and NCI merged.
 
“WCI.” His eyes widened and he looked at me in shock.
 
“You've got to be kidding me.” The waitress came and took our orders and left before I answered.
 
“No. We just finalized a merger agreement with NCI. Just a warning, but I think my father's looking at ECI for his next takeover.” I couldn't not warn him. He was one of Kagome's friends. I don't think it would help any, but it's fair warning at least.
 
“You're really kidding about that, ne?” I just shook my head and he sighed. Our food came and we started eating. “Does he treat you right?” Kagome looked up at Hojo's question.
 
“Shou?” Everyone nodded and she smiled.
 
“Very much. Even when we first met he was kind to me, and he's not kind to anyone. He helps me in ways no one can.” She looked at me and smiled. Dinner lasted a bit longer and by the end of it I had won over her Japanese friends much like I had the ones in America. We were waiting for the taxi's to come when the last question of the night was asked.
 
“Why'd you come to Japan?” Kouga asked. He liked me well enough, but he wasn't happy with the fact that I was with Kagome. She looked over at me when he asked the question. I never told her why I was here, I just showed up, and she was so distraught that she never bothered to ask.
 
“I missed her.” I ran my fingers through my hair, only to get it stuck in the long forgotten braid. “I know it sounds like a stalker, but that's not it.” I looked at Kagome. “I knew she was dealing with her mother and how sick she was and I wanted to be there for her when she needed a shoulder to cry on. I know what she's going though and I knew that having someone there to help ebb the pain would be more than welcome.”
 
My answer must have satisfied them because by the time the taxis came they smiled and said good bye. I made sure I paid all of the taxis so they didn't have to worry about it and that impressed Kagome. At least I'm doing things right for a change.
 
Turning back to the reason I was in this city she smiled and gave me a kiss. “Thank you. For everything, thank you.” She kissed me again and left in her own taxi. Slipping into my own I sighed. I have never revealed that much of my motives to anyone, let alone people I didn't know. Kagome's really changing me.
 
For the good or bad though, has yet to be revealed.